Author Topic: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment  (Read 136786 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #210 on: 13 September 2015, 16:54:00 »
Hmm...add to the building Urbie lance, or add to the building LAM lance/

Go really off the wall. The famously unknown PPC variant Locust!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

savagecoyote79

• Corporal
« Reply #211 on: 13 September 2015, 16:56:46 »
For my second entry I would like to introduce Mechwarrior LeAnn Raines, call sign Celexa piloting a NSR-9J Nightstar which she uncovered while prospecting undocumented star systems with her parents, who were then hunted down and murdered by unknown people in white robes.  She escaped and swore to uncover who the evil assassins were paid by
"Like a carpenter's box of tools, each type of gun has its special place and purpose." - James Wesley, Rawles

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #212 on: 13 September 2015, 17:01:04 »
call sign Celexa

Does she moonlight as the regimental therapist or does her very presence just take our blues away?  ;D
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

savagecoyote79

• Corporal
« Reply #213 on: 13 September 2015, 20:02:30 »
Lets just say she has an extensive inventory of happy pills
"Like a carpenter's box of tools, each type of gun has its special place and purpose." - James Wesley, Rawles

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #214 on: 13 September 2015, 22:03:49 »
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Phoenix_%28BattleMech%29

VERY early Rim Worlds design, thought to be an extinct design, but now known to be in use by the Hanseatic League.  And as with almost all "Dead" designs, there remains the possibility of a Brian Cache find or similar unearthing of forgotten storage units.

OOC, Gabriel is unsure of how his mech came to be in the hands of the pirate he took it from, though he suspects, given some other information he found in the remains of the pirate's camp, that it had been recovered from a derelict dropship found by pure chance.  He is aware that the mech itself dates from the re-unification war period, and in fact retained enough remnants of its original markings and paint to positively identify its origin unit as the 6th Amaris Legionnaires.

Duh!  I read Phoenix Hawk--not Phoenix.  Mea culpa.  Approved.

EDIT:  With the recent additions, we are at 64 'Mechs strong and still going.   Five+ companies, ladies and gentlemen.  Not bad.

MA
« Last Edit: 13 September 2015, 22:15:44 by master arminas »

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #215 on: 13 September 2015, 22:20:27 »
There should be a canon Urbie-LAM out there somewhere--DAMNIT!  (A canon Urbie-LAM with a cannon; heh.)  :)

MA

I wrote one up when we did the new LAM rules for RS3085/IO.  It got held in reserve in the event they ever wanted to publish it, which never happened, obviously.  If we weren't adhering to canon designs, I'd totally rock the Urbie LAM.

Go really off the wall. The famously unknown PPC variant Locust!

Yeah, but I don't think there are any published stats for it, are there?  Also thought about a Super Wasp.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #216 on: 13 September 2015, 23:55:51 »
Hello, I would love to submit another Mechwarrior to the roster! Details to follow, he will be a fromer FRR warrior piloting a Ostsol OTL-4F . Think Sean Bean with a big bore handgun and a leather jacket.
For The Archon!

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #217 on: 14 September 2015, 01:16:41 »
Certainly--I've already allowed Grognard two, so why not?  Grognard, you aren't allowed another.  But everyone else may pick a second 'Mech.

MA

:(  ...awwww...   :(

*packs away the 3-ring binder of MechWarrior 2d Ed. character sheets. *

I guess the full deployment of "Wright's Wrongs" Merc Company and Wulfric's Legion will have to wait till another day.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #218 on: 14 September 2015, 03:34:45 »
I quite like the idea of having a second pilot, particularly if it lets me play one of my other favourite 'Mechs. It's definitely not in the same class as my first choice...

While the Arkab Legions had retained the ability to keep their Star League-era 'Mechs in working order, the 'Mech currently piloted by Arhab al-Mansur wasn't a priority for spares or supplies; too heavy, too slow, and out of keeping with the lighter, more mobile doctrine of the Arkab Legions, his ancestral HGN-732 Highlander had languished in an inoperable state for more than two centuries before the means and technology were available to restore it to working order. First piloted by his great-great-great-great-great grandmother, it had served her well during the bitter campaign fought to free Dieron from the grip of the Usurper, but the 118th BattleMech Division became just one more casualty of the brutal campaign to free the planet. His great-great-great-great-great grandmother had been unable to reconcile the sacrifices made by her friends and fellow soldiers in the campaign to free the Hegemony with the decision made by Kerensky to abandon the Hegemony and the Star League; that, and the influence of a dashing young man from the Second Arkab Legion, assigned to Dieron by the Coordinator to assist with rebuilding the shattered infrastructure of the world saw her electing to remain behind, eventually resettling on Algedi.

Like his ancestor, Arhab is a Sufi of the Qadiri Order, a choice he made at an early age specifically to honour her; while he regrets having to leave his family home, the modestly-spoken young man becomes much more animated and driven while in the field, doing his best to pilot the assault 'Mech as if it were thirty tonnes lighter and twice as fast. He sold everything he owned to bring her back online, but the experience was more liberating than he'd dared to hope; no longer constrained to either defending his homeworld or fighting in the Dragon's campaigns of conquest, Arhab believes that he finally has a chance to visit all the worlds his ancestor fought so hard to help liberate.

Name: Arhab al-Mansur
Mech: HGN-732 Highlander
Former Unit: Second Arkab Legion

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #219 on: 14 September 2015, 05:23:16 »
For a second mechwarrior:

Gwen "Duchess" Wayne, late of the FWLM. Hailing from the trinity worlds, Gwen deserted from the FWLM before she could face court-martial for diciplinary offenses including but not limited to replacing the blank ammunition for a ceremonial salute with paint shells.

She managed to escape with her Archer, which had only recently been rebuilt to ARC-4M standards.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

hawkins180

• Sergeant
« Reply #220 on: 14 September 2015, 11:34:39 »
my second mechwarrior(i.e. my fiancée's idea)

Stephanie Hawkins
DCMS-MX90-D Daboku
(once she's done writing the backstory, I'll edit this)
"Okay, credit where it's due: for a little idiot built specifically to come up with stupid, unworkable plans, that was a pretty well-laid trap. " GLaDOS

IronHead

• Corporal
« Reply #221 on: 14 September 2015, 19:32:21 »
My second entry:
Mechwarrior Steve Dallas piloting a WVR-7M Wolverine
It's not my fault, I didn't do it and you can't prove it

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #222 on: 14 September 2015, 20:08:35 »
Should we start a second thread for character backstories/profiles?

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #223 on: 14 September 2015, 21:36:19 »
Should we start a second thread for character backstories/profiles?

If that is what y'all want -- go ahead.

MA

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #224 on: 14 September 2015, 21:41:03 »
THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Well, turnout has been spectacular, my friends.  You've already exceeded my earliest expectations, but on a sad note - - - I'm afraid that with SIXTEEN Assault-weight BattleMechs already entered, that weight class is now CLOSED to any further entries.

Lights, Mediums, and Heavies from here on out, people. 

Final List of Assault-weight BattleMechs (16 total)

80 tons
AWS-8Q Awesome--Blackpanzer (MechWarrior Zhao "Blackpanzer" Zi Long).
HTM-27U Hatamoto-Hi--O5P Ghost (MechWarrior Antonio Toyma).
HTM-27U Hatamoto-Hi--Shin Yodama (MechWarrior Shin Yodama).
VTR-9D Victor--Terrace (MechWarrior Bradley Dooble).
ZEU-9S Zeus--Vonshroom (MechWarrior Amon Blucher).

85 tons
BLR-1D BattleMaster--Kidd (MechWarrior Ian "Kid" Kelly).
BLR-1Gbc BattleMaster--PurpleDragon (MechWarrior Jesse Zhu).
BLR-1G-DC BattleMaster--Liam's Ghost (MechWarrior Andrew Ringe-MacCrabhain).

90 tons
DCMS-MX90-D Daboku--Hawkins180 (MechWarrior Stephanie Hawkins).
HGN-732 Highlander--Broken Mnemonic (MechWarrior Arhab al-Mansur).

95 tons
BNC-3E Banshee--Sir Chaos (MechWarrior Dave Hunter).
NSR-9J Nightstar--Savage Coyote 79 (MechWarrior LeAnn Raines).

100 tons
DVS-2 Devastator--Deathknight69 (MechWarrior Robert Barton-Winchester).
KGC-010 King Crab--True Tanker (MechWarrior Pi).
MAD-4A Marauder II--Minnow (MechWarrior Anton Watson).
MSK-6S Mackie--Diamondshark (MechWarrior John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt).

We are now at 69 BattleMechs and MechWarriors--just three shy of two full-strength battalions (sans command lances, however).

Carry on.

MA
« Last Edit: 14 September 2015, 21:46:05 by master arminas »

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #225 on: 14 September 2015, 23:03:01 »
Name: Tanabu, Ryunosuke
Battlemech: PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk

Ryunosuke is from the Draconis Combine, born on the world of Ashio to low class parents. He got his start as a technician in the the Draconis Combines Mustered Soldiery's elite second sword of light regiment. He moved on after figuring out that he would probably never get training to become a mechwarrior due to his low status. He joined a mercenary unit after finishing his fist tour in the DCMS. He learned to pilot Battlemechs on the side using a simulator the unit had stashed on their dropship. He signed in as a mechwarrior FM Regiment.

His Battlemech is a Phoenix Hawk that he salvaged and rebuilt over the years, part by part, as his payment for his services. It has a fuctioning Tek Tru Track targeting and tracking system which he rebuilt. The Mech is not perfect though still needing work. It's large laser coolant feeds which are old, sometimes start leaking causing the weapon to over heat. Ryunosuke hopes to fix all this Mechs issues soon once he locates some funds.

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #226 on: 14 September 2015, 23:05:23 »
C'mon... you really need me to bring in my FedCom expats... "R.E.D. Team"

Commando-1B ... Francis "Frank" Moses
Javelin-10N ... Joe Matheson
Valkyrie-QA ... Victoria Winslow
Wolfhound-1B ... Marvin Boggs
Ostscout-7J ... Ivan Simanov

what's not to love about a group of nutty retirees looking to relive the glory days?

PUH-leeese? :D

lol.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #227 on: 14 September 2015, 23:12:08 »

what's not to love about a group of nutty retirees looking to relive the glory days?

lol.

I'd have problems with Marvin watching my back.  errr uh I mean...  yeah.  On the other hand, he'd be the one I would want pulling guard detail at every opportunity.   ::)
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #228 on: 14 September 2015, 23:38:39 »
So only two mechs, what about another pilot? I could never convince Monbvol to be my Kato and Ringe-MacCrabhain functions best with someone else driving.  :))

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #229 on: 14 September 2015, 23:56:53 »

lol.

Just because I'm feeling generous - - - and because you made me laugh - - - okay.  Regardless of the final Regimental strength/OB, R.E.D. Team will form a single lance - - - somewhere. 

MA

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #230 on: 14 September 2015, 23:57:31 »
So only two mechs, what about another pilot? I could never convince Monbvol to be my Kato and Ringe-MacCrabhain functions best with someone else driving.  :))

Give me his name--I'll put him in.

MA

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #231 on: 15 September 2015, 01:02:47 »
And now for the units mascot, cause every unit needs someone cute, annoying, and getting people into trouble and the units firesupport role......or lets just say the other urbanmech with the ac-20 needs someone to guard.

Little Mechwarrior.....that's being very, very generous and very loosely calling her a mech pilot.
Yuki, she says is 12 years old and for everyone seems to believe that even though there are records of someone matching her name and looks dating back in different commands for cencerty. The one thing to say is even is she the same person in all those records, that really can not explain why she is that bad at piloting. She can not hit the broadside of a barn standing next to it with the gun pointed at it. People have tried with many fails. How she came to be in to the unit is simple. The first time she found her mech and took it out for a joy ride with her best friend Pooky....a 7 tall armored cat that for some reason will put up with all kinds of crap from her, anyone else better watch out cause you will be lunch.
She pretty much single handed in just dumb luck and not talent at all behind the controls of a mech disabled an entire lance of mechs with out firing a shot at them. She did take out the commanders personal mech though from a stray shot while it was being worked on by the techs. Her mech was had no active weapons at the time and is was  friendly fire that was the cause of the commanders ride being shot up and disabled.
During the scuffle the bar was wreaked, the 2nd in command lost their prized bike to her flopping around and much other damage done to the base, her mech got stuck in a very embarrassing position with a lam. At this point she did more damage to the unit then the enemy did.
Everyone at this point was ready to string up the pilot of this unknown mech for all the trouble caused. After dragging the pilot out of the cockpit they found this little girl who claimed to be an orphan and found her mech about an hour ago in some forgotten building down the road.
It later turned out to be a forgotten repair shop that had this really antiquate battlemech in it that had seen much better days. She did put an quite the act to keep her new toy from being turned over to someone else with much better skills and is now learning to drive her mech and fight with it. It seems to be a very lost cause though after 6 months with no really improvement expact she does not trip nealy as much....she is still hated by the tech crews though.

Introducing Mech Warrior: Yuki, last name unknown. Her best friend Pooky and bodyguard. Thier battlemech is called Trips_a-lot. Her is mech is very old and still being put back into fighting shape. She pilots a 75 ton HEP-1H Helepolis which really has seen better days and with such a bad pilot no one is sure who to feel sorry for, the pilot or the mech. Also of note: no one can explain the blue hair which is natural and pale skin that does not tan at all.
(her piloting stats would be somewhere around 8/8, yes that bad to deal with.) She also has the worlds most weird case of dumb luck to cause chaos around her and things to go wrong very big but somehow to end up with something good coming out of it.
« Last Edit: 15 September 2015, 01:31:38 by ckosacranoid »

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #232 on: 15 September 2015, 01:31:47 »
As promised here is my details about my second character. Ostsol pilot.

Konrad Akkerman was born in the Rasalhague district in 3008 while the area was still under the control of the combine. His parents were both killed in a Combine crackdown on suspected Rasalhague nationalists before the onset of the Fourth Succession war. Konrad went to his uncle for help and guidance in a tumultuous universe. A fierce Rasalhague nationalist Konrad’s uncle radicalized the young Akkerman with dreams of a Free Rasalhague. It was for this cause that Konrad would pledge much of his life. Fighting for Rasalhagian interests in the Fourth War and alongside Tor Miraborg in the Ronin wars. Akkerman respected Miraborg greatly and saw him as a role model in much of his life.

After the Independence of Rasalhague Akkerman went on into the Kungsarme and fought for his homeland. Akkerman was in charge of a small force of Kungsarme men that were attacked by Draconis Combine forces. Akkerman and his men repelled the assault and launched a counter raid however many Ares convention articles were violated by Akkerman in the assault by both Akkerman and suspectedly highly ranked Rasalhagian military personnel. Konrad Akkerman took sole responsibility for the violations of the conventions and was dishonorably discharged from the Kungsarme. He was sentenced to thirty years in prison. However he was released after only a few years’ incarceration. Akkerman remains a fierce nationalist however he knows he cannot rejoin the Kungsarme or be looked at the same again. Seeking a new start he sought out work with less than reputable mercenary units until he made enough money to purchase his own mech. 

In the cockpit Akkerman is a solid warrior but is not outstanding and more in the realm of "somewhere above average". Preferring to have the element of surprise and upper hand in engagements he uses his Ostsols speed to flank enemies and act as a light mech hunter. His background has taught him to never back down and he is cool under fire. He has had several mechs shot out from under him including his last Ostsol. He has had his current mech Ostsol 4F since 3045. A recent psych evaluation showed signs of potential PTSD. He wears leather nearly all the time and packs a very large bore slugthrower in addition to a viking style seax longknife. He embraces his Scandinavian roots and the FRR.

Off the battlefield Akkerman is a bit of a wildcard he enjoys the camaraderie of fellow warriors but likes to fight for fun. An excellent gambler, he is typically very calm and collected but prone to very violent outbursts sometimes resulting in physical violence. Built like a blond warrior straight out of Old Norse mythology standing 6’4’’ tall Akkerman can back most men down (and bed a good share of women) with a piercing stare from his ice blue eyes. Similarly to his mech however Konrad is very agile and catlike for his size. While an average gunner in a mech, none dare question his skill with the high power sniper rifle he practices with outside of the cockpit. Capable of hitting the bull’s eye from ridiculous ranges he prefers live targets. Off duty he can often be found with his rifle, or sharpening the large Viking style Seax he carries everywhere in the corner of a dark tavern.

Mechwarrior:  Konrad Akkerman
Mech:            Ostsol-4F
« Last Edit: 15 September 2015, 01:42:26 by Vonshroom »
For The Archon!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #233 on: 15 September 2015, 01:57:29 »
Give me his name--I'll put him in.

MA

Ichiri Shogumata: Late of the Draconis Combine, dispossesed several years ago and recently hired to serve as the primary pilot of J. Andrew Ringe-MacCrabhain's battlemaster. A man of few words, most of them concentrated snark, and a capable pilot, he handles the job of being Ringe-MacCrabhain's "chauffeur" reasonably well, as well as Ringe-MacCrabhain's Terran prejudices. Tends to refer to his passenger as "Misu Deji" with a heavily exaggerated accent.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #234 on: 16 September 2015, 20:35:38 »
I wonder how many of us are gonna die in the upcoming story...

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #235 on: 16 September 2015, 20:40:55 »
We're fighting the Clans, so it likely will be most of us. those that aren't killed will be comes bondsmen :)
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Kwic

• Sergeant
« Reply #236 on: 16 September 2015, 21:23:01 »
Second Mechwarrior: Stephen "Stumpy" McQueen
5'0" ~200 lbs built like a solid brick of muscles, short but powerful.
Mech: Exterminator EXT-4Db

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #237 on: 17 September 2015, 07:58:30 »
We're fighting the Clans, so it likely will be most of us. those that aren't killed will be comes bondsmen :)

Well, my Mackie will probably boost my odds of that, at least...
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #238 on: 17 September 2015, 08:41:34 »
Judging by the group we have collected, the clans won't know which way to turn in order to fight us.  I think that between those who have played for a while, New blood, and MA's devilish writing, we stand a good chance.  Sure some will fall, but it should be a blast.  😀

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #239 on: 17 September 2015, 10:37:14 »
Well, if my warhammer dies under clan fire I hope at least I take some of the SOB with me

and give that I like to run it hot, that could happen
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"