Author Topic: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment  (Read 136783 times)

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
Re: The Classic BattleTech Forum Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #390 on: 05 October 2015, 00:48:06 »
Aren't Commanders a bit excessive? Lance commanders are usually what? Lieutenants at most?

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #391 on: 05 October 2015, 01:02:08 »
Indeed, Lance Commanders as usually Lieutenants, Company Captains, Battalion Majors, Regiment Colonel.

However, given the rather irregular set up of the unit, I'm going to guess that MA will issue official ranks only after all the command positions, including what was mentioned in an earlier post -

Lance Sergeants (2nd in command of a lance), Gunnery Sergeants (senior company-level NCO), Master Sergeants (senior battalion-level NCO), and a Regimental Sergeant Major (senior NCO within the Regiment)

I for one can't wait for the story to begin.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #392 on: 05 October 2015, 05:30:45 »
FIRST ELECTION TALLIES

With only 18 ballots left to be cast, we can go ahead and start to make a few calls.

HAMMER Team:  With a massive 27 votes, MechWarrior Tanaka "Shadow" Nakamora (Takiro) piloting a WHM-6Rk Warhammer has earned his promotion to Commander Nakamora!  Competition for Lance Sergeant is still too early to call.

Wow, is Tanaka the leading vote getter? That is impressive. Don't get me wrong he is somebody who defines 'martial arts bad ass' but it is funny to me that a character who is essentially a bodyguard to a young noble here is so electable in a mercenary unit. Meanwhile Takiro himself who is that young noble expecting to lead is in a three way election for Strike Team Two which it looks like he will not win and perhaps not finish second in. Matter of fact it almost perfectly mirrors his start in my home campaign. Ah the memories! O0

Congrats to the other early winners!

While the Commanders square off against each in elections for Company Command?

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #393 on: 05 October 2015, 10:33:56 »
While the Commanders square off against each in elections for Company Command?

Yep.

MA

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #394 on: 05 October 2015, 12:50:41 »
Looking over my character's name I noticed a slight misspelling, Ryunsuke Tanabu should be Ryunosuke Tanabu. It's the romanji for the kanji I would be typing up for his name which means Dragon Boy.

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
« Reply #395 on: 05 October 2015, 13:41:01 »
Yep.

MA

I will echo Hellraiser about the upper organisation.
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #396 on: 06 October 2015, 03:19:22 »
May I point out the use of lance commander is probably a placeholder because some of those lance commanders will actually also wind up as company or battalion commanders as well.

Given we're fairly international in origin, I expect we'll wind up using roughly the standard SLDF ranks, much like most Mercs: Lieutenant, Captain, Major and Colonel.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
  • Gotta do what a urbie gotta do!
« Reply #397 on: 06 October 2015, 09:46:24 »
May I point out the use of lance commander is probably a placeholder because some of those lance commanders will actually also wind up as company or battalion commanders as well.

Given we're fairly international in origin, I expect we'll wind up using roughly the standard SLDF ranks, much like most Mercs: Lieutenant, Captain, Major and Colonel.

Yeah we are Mercs all we care about is the pay unless we got to deal with lyran social general than it is needed to keep them form starting to get upty in how to tell us to do our job. So that means the Co has to be a colonel at least.
"History is written by the victors, the defeated live it"

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #398 on: 07 October 2015, 22:15:16 »
Sorry, gone for a while there.  I abstain - let MA do as he will.   [blank]
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #399 on: 09 October 2015, 17:38:48 »
THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Just over thirty hours remaining.  Ballot casting will cease at Midnight (Central US Time) tomorrow.  Get your votes in if you want them counted!

MA

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #400 on: 09 October 2015, 20:28:47 »
Yep.

MA

Oh okay, cool, so does that mean part of the Battalion make up will be random, at least the CO lances.
I suppose you could then pick & choose what LT's fall under what Captains, etc etc.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #401 on: 09 October 2015, 21:06:55 »
Forgot to mention before, but I'm abstaining on the vote for commands. There's not enough story detail at the moment for me to really make a choice, and in this era of privately owned mechs, the mech does not make the man/woman/other.

However, I must reiterate my vote for J. Andrew Ringe-MacCrabhain as regimental Vizier.  I promise to keep my trechery to manageable and minimally actionable levels.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #402 on: 09 October 2015, 21:45:41 »
NEW ELECTION PROJECTION

Our Decision Team has reported in and we feel confident that we can go ahead and make another call.

Strike Team Three:  With sixteen ballots remaining, the only way for Kwic not to win is if every single remaining ballot is cast for Cidwm (MechWarrior Ryunosuke Tanabu).  Since that would result in a tie (22 ballots each), I would have to make the decision anyway.  So . . .

MechWarrior Kyle "Kwic" Warwick (Kwic) piloting a PXH-1c Phoenix Hawk is hereby promoted to Commander Warwick

The competition for Lance Sergeant is still too early to call.

Five Team leaders (out of twenty-three) have now been selected.  Your votes still matter people.

MA
« Last Edit: 09 October 2015, 23:50:05 by master arminas »

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #403 on: 09 October 2015, 22:58:11 »
Leslie "Tarantula" Wilson eyed her longtime friend suspiciously.

"I know that look, Hunter, what half-baked idea have come up with now?  And what's with all the plastic chits?"

Hunter glanced around conspiratorially ensuring the area was clear before continuing.  "Look, I heard some of the guys talking.  A bunch of them are abstaining or not even voting at all."

Hunter smirked.  "You know I'm a huge fan of democracy and all that bullshit, and it just rips me up inside to see all those votes going to waste."

Wilson arched her finely chiseled eyebrows.

Hunter grinned and nodded.  "By my calculation, there are enough 'extra' votes laying around to make me Commander of Strike Team One.  So..., I'm just gonna stand around here and keep an eye on things..."

He smacked his fist into his hand.  "And then BAM!  Right before the deadline hits, I'll just drop however many of these babies I need into the box, and viola!  Commander Robert "Hunter" Huntley."

His eyes gleamed as he winked at Wilson.  "And don't worry, babe, I'll make you my second."

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #404 on: 09 October 2015, 23:25:45 »

"I know that look, Hunter, what half-baked idea have come up with now?  And what's with all the plastic chits?"

Hunter glanced around conspiratorially ensuring the area was clear before continuing.  "Look, I heard some of the guys talking.  A bunch of them are abstaining or not even voting at all."

Hunter smirked.  "You know I'm a huge fan of democracy and all that bullshit, and it just rips me up inside to see all those votes going to waste."

Hunter grinned and nodded.  "By my calculation, there are enough 'extra' votes laying around to make me Commander of Strike Team One.  So..., I'm just gonna stand around here and keep an eye on things..."

He smacked his fist into his hand.  "And then BAM!  Right before the deadline hits, I'll just drop however many of these babies I need into the box, and viola!  Commander Robert "Hunter" Huntley."

His eyes gleamed as he winked at Wilson.  "And don't worry, babe, I'll make you my second."

Looks like if we have a HR dpt. they well have their first case and maybe the med techs well have their first broken everything case. You know how those ladders to the cockpit can a little slippery at times.

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #405 on: 10 October 2015, 00:09:20 »

"Ahem," a voice interupted the two as they talked.

Wilson and Huntely turned around to see the compact--yet powerful--body of the Taurian Mercenary known only as Warclaw standing in the shadows behind them.

"What do you want?" Hunter snarled.

"First off, boyo, for you to show some respect before I carve that word into your chest," Warclaw said with a smile, his arms still crossed over his chest.

"He didn't mean anything, Warclaw," Wilson interjected.  "He's just a little high-strung right now over these . . .,"

"Don't really care, Tarantula.  Don't really care that you two," Warclaw held up one hand and smiled again, "well, actually just him," and he pointed at Hunter.  "That he wants to rig the election.  Takes balls, I'll admit, especially since The Troll himself is counting ballots.  But that is his business."

Warclaw drew in a deep breath.  "But the thing is, Bobby-boy, while all is fair in love and war, I find it awfully hard to trust someone willing to cheat the folks he serves alongside of."

Hunter snorted.  "Like you trust anyone?"

"Point.  Thing is, I've got a whole lot of votes of my own--and I don't want the freaking job.  So, I've informed The Troll that Sasha can have my votes."  Warclaw smiled a third time.  "That is Commander Rostov to you, Bobby."

"You can't do that!"

The Taurian laughed.  "Tell you what--we'll have a knife fight over it.  You win, you get my votes.  I win . . ., if I win, you are dead."  Warclaw spat on the floor of the 'Mech bay.  "What's it gonna be, Bobby?"

Hunter began to open his mouth, but Leslie reached out and grabbed his arm.  "Commander Rostov is okay with us--with both of us.  Right, Hunter?" she snarled, jabbing Robert in the ribs with her elbow.

Hunter stood there and finally he nodded, although his face was flushed and angry.

"Good," drawled Warclaw.  "One last thing.  I don't want to be an officer, and I sure as Hell don't want to be an NCO.  So that means, Bobby-boy, you are now second-in-command of Strike Team One.  Congratulations, Lance Sergeant."

He turned and began to walk away, and then he chuckled and turned back.  "Only thing is . . . I really freaking hate most NCO's, Bobby-boy.  So watch your back.  And your mouth."

Then he laughed again and walked away.

NEW ELECTION PROJECTION

Breaking news!  MechWarrior Warclaw has withdrawn from the running and insists that all ballots cast for him instead go to MechWarrior Sasha Rostov!

Strike Team One:  Well, with the switch in ballots between Warclaw and Rostov, that puts MechWarrior Sasha Rostov (Tyler Jorgensson) piloting a SPR-4F Spector over the top with 24 votes.  Therefore gaining a promotion to Commander Rostov!

Congratulations.  MechWarrior Robert "Hunter" Huntley (Sigil) piloting an ASN-21 Assassin will become our first official NCO of the Regiment.  Congratulations, LANCE SERGEANT HUNTLEY!

MA
« Last Edit: 10 October 2015, 00:16:01 by master arminas »

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #406 on: 10 October 2015, 01:58:04 »
I think we need a deadline to end voting or we'll wind up waiting forever for 1 or 2 people.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #407 on: 10 October 2015, 02:04:11 »
I think we need a deadline to end voting or we'll wind up waiting forever for 1 or 2 people.

Today at midnight.

MA

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #408 on: 11 October 2015, 00:31:26 »
Voting booths are now closed.  Final results of Phase II are now in.

CBT Forum Mercenary Regiment (official name will come later)

Team SKEETER (185 tons)
SHD-X2 Shadow Hawk LAM--Giovanni Blasini (Lieutenant Giovanni Blasini).
PHX-HK1R Phoenix Hawk LAM--Deathknight69 (Lance Sergeant Josiah C. E. Wales).
STG-A1 Stinger LAM Mk I--Sharpnel (MechWarrior Favia "The Grey" Mauser).
PHX-HK1 Phoenix Hawk LAM--Intermittent Coherence (MechWarrior Marc Vandelas).

Team RED (155 tons)
COM-1B Commando--Grognard (Lieutenant Francis "Frank" Moses).
WLF-1B Wolfhound--Grognard (Lance Sergeant Marvin Boggs).
JVN-10N Javelin--Grognard (MechWarrior Joe Matheson).
VLK-QA Valkyrie--Grognard (MechWarrior Victoria Winslow).
OTT-7J Ostscout--Grognard (MechWarrior Ivan Simanov).

Scout Team (125 tons)
TLN-5W Talon--Snakespinner (Lieutenant Virginia de Sade).
MON-66 Mongoose--Master Arminas (Lance Sergeant "Wig" Walter Isaac Grey).
HER-1A Hermes--Liam's Ghost (MechWarrior Liam Taibhse).
TLN-5W Talon--2ndACR (MechWarrior Billy DeHavre).

Strike Team One (145 tons)
SPR-4F Spector--Tyler Jorgensson (Lieutenant Sasha Rostov).
ASN-21 Assassin--Sigil (Lance Sergeant Robert "Hunter" Huntley).
SDR-5K Spider--Sigil {MechWarrior Leslie "Tarantula" Wilson).
JR7-31P Rattlesnake--Warclaw (MechWarrior Warclaw).

Strike Team Two (145 tons)
ASN-21 Assassin--Ice Hellion (Lieutenant Xiong "Ice" Duillio).
SDR-5V Spider--Takiro (Lance Sergeant Robert Takiro).
JR7-31P Rattlesnake--Taron Storm/Don Haralson (MechWarrior Norman Chan).
SPR-5F Spector--Broken Mnemonic (MechWarrior Geraint "Taff" Blethyn).

Team BLUE (175 tons)
WLF-1 Wolfhound--Irose (Lieutenant Ross Jackson).
CN9-D Centurion--JPArbiter (Lance Sergeant J. P. Arbiter).
HER-2M Hermes II/Mercury--PurpleDragon (MechWarrior Kavan Clynes).
WFT-1 Wolf Trap--Red Pins (MechWarrior Ronald Meyer).

Team GREEN (180 tons)
EXT-4Db Exterminator--Kwic (Lieutenant Stephen "Stumpy" McQueen).
CLNT-2-3U Clint--Shadow Wraith (Lance Sergeant Joe "Elvis" Eastwood).
FLC-4Nb Falcon--Savagecoyote79 (MechWarrior Attumen).
PXH-3M Phoenix Hawk--Sharpnel (MechWarrior Leroy Geraint Biffinton, "The Prismatic Pauper").

Strike Team Three (165 tons)
PXH-1c Phoenix Hawk--Kwic (Lieutenant Kyle "Kwic" Warwick).
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk--Cidwm (Lance Sergeant Ryunosuke Tanabu).
JR7-F Jenner--Tai Dai Cultist (MechWarrior Frederick W. "Tie-Dye" Palowaski).
VL-5T Vulcan--Drakensis (MechWarrior Arthur Mackensen).

Team BADGER (250 tons)
TDR-5SE Thunderbolt--MechRat (Lieutenant Catherine "Alley Cat" Decker).
GHR-5N Grasshopper--Irose (Lance Sergeant Casey Jordan).
SHD-2Hb Shadow Hawk--Dragon Cat (MechWarrior Canin Rosse).
OTL-4F Ostsol--Vonshroom (MechWarrior Konrad Akkerman).

Team VIXEN (185 tons)
HCT-5S Hatchetman--Blackpanzer (Lieutenant Li "Maniac" Kui).
CPLT-C1 Catapult--Koren-Gagin (Lance Sergeant Gerald Garadbaldi).
FFL-4A Firefly--Tiki Monkey (MechWarrior Gavin Crowther).
BJ-1DB Blackjack--DoctorMonkey (MechWarrior Andre Bleu).

Team HART (235 tons)
MAD-5D Marauder--IronHead (Lieutenant Durwin "Birdie" Sparrow).
GHR-5N Grasshopper--Mighty Midget (Lance Sergeant "Mighty Midget").
SHD-2K Shadow Hawk--Taron Storm (MechWarrior Taron Storm).
PNT-9R Panther--JKLantern (MechWarrior Johannes Mayer).

Team GATOR (220 tons)
ENF-4R Enforcer--Kalthud (Lieutenant Christopher "Kal" Kalthud).
VTR-9D Victor--Terrace (Lance Sergeant Bradley Dooble).
PX-3R Phoenix--Warclaw (MechWarrior Gabriel Thorne).
BJ-1 Blackjack--Jklantern (MechWarrior J. Kellog Lantern).

Team WOLVERINE (220 tons)
WVR-6M Wolverine--VhenRa (Lieutenant Marius Murphy).
WVR-7M Wolverine--Iron Head (Lance Sergeant Steve Dallas).
WVR-6M Wolverine--Iron Grenadier (MechWarrior William Conrad).
WVR-7H Wolverine--Grognard (MechWarrior Steve Ronin).

Team BLACK (220 tons)
GRF-1E Griffin--Hellraiser (Lieutenant Hellraiser).
GRF-3M Griffin--MechRat (Lance Sergeant "MechRat" McKenzie).
LNX-9Q Lynx--2ndACR (MechWarrior Mitchell).
LNX-9Q Lynx--Highball (MechWarrior Robert "One Eye" Hills).

Team SHRIKE (220 tons)
CRB-27 Crab--O5P Ghost (Lieutenant Hohiro Rasmussen).
CRS-6C Crossbow--Shadow Wraith (Lance Sergeant Jerry Robin Williams).
CRB-27 Crab--Hawkins180 (MechWarrior Wendell St. John).
DRG-1N Dragon--Kalthud (MechWarrior K. Al Thud).

Cavalry Team One (290 tons)
WHM-7S Warhammer--DOC_Agren (Lieutenant Warren "Doc" Agren).
MAD-2R Marauder--Highball (Lance Sergeant Larry "Highball" Leslie).
WHM-7A Warhammer--Ijewett (MechWarrior Dimitry "Been There" Antonov).
MAD-1R Marauder--Cidwm (MechWarrior Cidwm).

Cavalry Team Two (280 tons)
ARC-4M Archer--Drakensis (Lieutenant Gwen "Duchess" Wayne).
ZEU-9S Zeus--Vonshroom (Lance Sergeant Amon Blucher).
TDR-5S Thunderbolt--Iron Grenadier (MechWarrior Bryant Hawkins).
TDR-5Sb Thunderbolt--Master Arminas (MechWarrior Arminas).

Cavalry Team Three (300 tons)
HTM-27U Hatamoto-Hi--Shin Yodama (Lieutenant Shin Yodama).
BL-6-KNT Black Knight--VhenRa (Lance Sergeant Alexander Dale).
CTS-6Y Cestus--Tyler Jorgensson (MechWarrior Alexander J. Carter).
HTM-27U Hatamoto-Hi--O5P Ghost (MechWarrior Antonio Toyma).

HAMMER Team (280 tons)
WHM-6Rk Warhammer--Takiro (Lieutenant Tanaka "Shadow" Nakamora).
WHM-7A Warhammer--Grognard (Lance Sergeant Ryan McDonald).
WHM-6D Warhammer--Terrace (MechWarrior Cerrate Barton).
WHM-6K Warhammer--Daemion (MechWarrior Eli Walker).

TONGS Team (350 tons)
BNC-3E Banshee--Sir Chaos (Lieutenant Dave Hunter).
BLR-1G-DC BattleMaster--Liam's Ghost (Lance Sergeant Andrew Ringe-MacCrabhain/MechWarrior Ichiri Shogumata).
BLR-1D BattleMaster--Kidd (MechWarrior Ian "Kid" Kelly).
BLR-1Gbc BattleMaster--PurpleDragon (MechWarrior Jesse Zhu).

Team PORCUPINE (250 tons)
HGN-732 Highlander--Broken Mnemonic (Lieutenant Arhab al-Mansur).
MAD-4A Marauder II--Minnow (Lance Sergeant Anton Watson).
UM-R60 UrbanMech--Ckosacranoid (MechWarrior "The Stig").
UM-R60L UrbanMech--Sir Chaos (MechWarrior Tessa "Hurry" Lamont).

Shock Team (375 tons)
DVS-2 Devastator--Deathknight69 (Lieutenant Robert Barton-Winchester).
KGC-010 King Crab--True Tanker (Lance Sergeant Pi).
AWS-8Q Awesome--Blackpanzer (MechWarrior Zhao "Blackpanzer" Zi Long).
NSR-9J Nightstar--Savage Coyote 79 (MechWarrior LeAnn Raines).

Reserve/Support Team (345 tons)
MSK-6S Mackie--Diamondshark (Lieutenant John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt).
DCMS-MX90-D Daboku--Hawkins180 (Lance Sergeant Stephanie Hawkins).
HEP-1H Helepolis--Ckosacranoid (MechWarrior Yuki).
HEP-3H Helepolis--DoctorMonkey (MechWarrior Terrence "Spike" Milligan).

We'll start Phase III tomorrow:  voting for the company commanders.  The Regiment will have six Liine Companies (18 lances), plus two Battalion Command Lances (2 lances), and a Regimental Command Company (3 lances).  Everyone will have a total of NINE votes (one for each Company and above command).  You must vote for nine different candidates.  This ballot will remain open for two weeks, closing on Sunday, October 25, 2015 at midnight.

The candidate who receives the most votes will become the Regimental Commander; the 2nd and 3rd highest will be Battalion COs.  The next six are our company commanders.  After that, I will organize the lances into their companies.  God help me, because we are going to be the strangest Regiment in BattleTech history, I do believe.

Congratulations to the Phase II winners. 

PS:  Don't worry about the NCO's.  I've got that covered.

Here are our candidates for Colonel (1), Majors (2), and Captains (6).   Good luck to everyone!

CBT Forum Mercenary Regiment (official name will come later)

Team SKEETER (185 tons)

Team RED (155 tons)

Scout Team (125 tons)

Team BLUE (175 tons)

Team GREEN (180 tons)

Team BADGER (250 tons)

Team VIXEN (185 tons)

Team HART (235 tons)

Team GATOR (220 tons)

Team BLACK (220 tons)

Team SHRIKE (220 tons)

HAMMER Team (280 tons)

TONGS Team (350 tons)

Shock Team (375 tons)

« Last Edit: 11 October 2015, 23:22:32 by master arminas »

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #409 on: 11 October 2015, 01:26:44 »
Point of order. Should the candidates be required to forward a small something about themselves before we elect such "high officers". Be nice if we make a little bit more of an informed decision even if the first round was somewhat uninformed.  :D

So vote for your 9 favorites out of the 23 Lance Commanders? Can I tell you who I'd like to command what? Such as candidate x for regimental command??
« Last Edit: 11 October 2015, 01:31:42 by Takiro »

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #410 on: 11 October 2015, 09:28:14 »
 ;D Congratulations to all that voted!  A good way to start of the Mercenary life!

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #411 on: 11 October 2015, 11:37:57 »
Point of order. Should the candidates be required to forward a small something about themselves before we elect such "high officers". Be nice if we make a little bit more of an informed decision even if the first round was somewhat uninformed.  :D

So vote for your 9 favorites out of the 23 Lance Commanders? Can I tell you who I'd like to command what? Such as candidate x for regimental command??

I agree with this kinda like why should we vote for you

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #412 on: 11 October 2015, 12:24:07 »
Gabriel Thorne would like to put himself forward as candidate for the NON-chain-of-command positions of Regimental Chaplain, and/or Standard Bearer.

As he puts it:  "The Officers chosen will lead the bodies of these fine soldiers well, and guard their lives dearly. But, while they do so, it would be remiss if someone does not also guard their souls and honor.  As well, someone must carry the banner of the Regiment proudly and stand as an example for outsiders to take as a representative of the Regiment. As a belted Knight of the Order of Randis, I am both familiar and comfortable with both these roles, and volunteer my services, should they be wanted."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard-bearer

« Last Edit: 11 October 2015, 20:18:44 by Warclaw »

Kwic

• Sergeant
« Reply #413 on: 11 October 2015, 22:14:10 »
Standing behind the desk of the Officer Briefing Room meeting everyone else's seated gaze, Stephen "Stumpy" McQueen deeply rumbles "Before we decide on the upper ranks, sort out the TO&E of this motley bunch.  It makes no sense to have all the upper ranks crammed into one leg of the TO&E"

A holograph appears showing a possible Battalion / Company structure:

Strike Teams 1, 2, 3
Cavalry Teams 1, 2, 3
Hammer, Tongs, Shock

Blue, Green, Black
Hart, Wolverine, Scout
Gator, Vixen, Red

Porcupine, Shrike, Badger
Skeeter, Reserve/Support

"Options, comments...  let's get this nailed down before we get too far down the path..."

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #414 on: 11 October 2015, 23:14:33 »
Outreach.
Late Sunday afternoon,
private apartment leased by the NorthWind Highlanders.

*WHAM*
The snifter glass rattled on the coffee table as the heavy front door slammed shut.  Mechwarrior and Warrant Officer Steve Ronin calmed the glass with a fingertip, and raised his eyes to flushed young man standing before him.

"Really, Lance Sargeant McDonald, you must control your temper.  This is 130 year old Scotch from Terra herself ... the taste is spoiled if the liquor becomes unsettled."
Ronin smiled calmly as the young man stumbled over emotions and unsettled thoughts.

"How can you sit there calmly when you've been so INSULTED!" snarled the young Mechwarrior.  "I can understand my posting ... I'm a subaltern fresh out of Academy.  But you!  You're a decorated senior NCO with more combat time than the rest of your lance!  If anyone was to command a lance, it should be YOU.  I cannot understand the ..."
McDonald halted his rant as Ronin raised a hand of silence.

"Subaltern. I have no desire for further responsibility or command.  I have duties enough with you.  While I appreciate your desire to obtain the best for soldiers under your command, I will remind you once again..." Ronin stood to his feet and transfixed the younger man with a penetrating glare and a knife hand gesture.  "I am not under YOUR command, Subaltern!  In all things that matter, I am your superior.  Superior intelligence, superior experience, superior knowledge, and MOST OF ALL: superior self control!"

Ronin smiled grimly as the young man reverted to a cadet stance: rigid attention, eyes fixed on the wall, chin braced to his chest.  Yes. This one was wild, but it was a wild that could be controlled and focused. 
Ronin continued. "Superior intelligence: Subaltern, what is the maximum range of the Donal PPCs on your Warhammer?  You may answer."

McDonald replied. "Sir. The maximum range of my Donal Particle Projection Cannon is 540 meters. Sir?"  McDonald faltered as an evil smile spread across Ronin's face.

"See here, Subaltern, you have proved my first point already.  The maximum range of your PPCs varies.  Underwater, they do much less damage at far shorter ranges.  In space, their range is extended.  540 meters is a common average of your maximum combat range within planetary atmosphere.  If your target is unarmored and unmoving, the PPC can cause electrical scrambling damage at a range of nearly 1000 meters.  Remember that son.. it may be useful some day.  Now, do I need to prove my other points of superiority?"

McDonald shook his head to the negative as his flushed face returned to normal.

"Good then, Subaltern.  You're learning restraint.  You need to remember: this merc command is allowing us to join them.  We remain Highlanders, and must never do anything to bring stain upon ourselves, this unit or the Highlanders.  You need to commit to learning as much as you can while we are here.  I haven't seen this many veterans or amount of experience gathered in one place in YEARS."  Ronin grimaced and took a swallow of Scotch. "At ease, Subaltern.  You're making my joints ache."

Subaltern McDonald came to a position of ease with the skill of many hours of cadet practice.  "Question, Sir. If I may?"  Ronin waved his hand in assent.  "You called me here prior to my getting the officer election results, and you must've known I'd be upset.  So why call me here?"

Ronin grinned. "Son, I knew you'd be bent about something with the officers election.  I'm glad it was because you were think of ME, instead of yourself.  Secondly, because we are about to entertain guests whom I know you could learn alot from.  Heck.  I can learn from them: Lt. Frank Moses and his RED Team.  Third... " Ronin slipped a fat envelope of C notes into McDonald's hand and grinned. "I need you to run down to Louie's Liquors and Kassie's Katering to have dinner & drinks for everyone delivered here to the apartment."

McDonald opened the envelope, riffled the cash and raised an eyebrow in question.

Ronin's smile became grim. "Stop by Comstar and pick up today's vidmail from Northwind.  Comstar sent a ping earlier: apparently we have very large vidmail marked Personal Signature and Most Urgent.  From the sender code, it's probably from your parents.  Now GIT."

As McDonald sprinted for the door, Ronin's grim smile became dour in thought.
Personal and most urgent are never good labels on vidmail.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #415 on: 11 October 2015, 23:37:32 »
Standing behind the desk of the Officer Briefing Room meeting everyone else's seated gaze, Stephen "Stumpy" McQueen deeply rumbles "Before we decide on the upper ranks, sort out the TO&E of this motley bunch.  It makes no sense to have all the upper ranks crammed into one leg of the TO&E"

A holograph appears showing a possible Battalion / Company structure:

Strike Teams 1, 2, 3
Cavalry Teams 1, 2, 3
Hammer, Tongs, Shock

Blue, Green, Black
Hart, Wolverine, Scout
Gator, Vixen, Red

Porcupine, Shrike, Badger
Skeeter, Reserve/Support

"Options, comments...  let's get this nailed down before we get too far down the path..."

Okay.  I was going to wait and see what the votes said, but if y'all want a TO&E organization, then y'all get a TO&E organization.

Tell me what you think.

Regimental Command

ZEU-9S Zeus--Vonshroom (Lance Sergeant Amon Blucher).
TDR-5S Thunderbolt--Iron Grenadier (MechWarrior Bryant Hawkins).
TDR-5Sb Thunderbolt--Master Arminas (MechWarrior Arminas).

Team RED (155 tons)
WLF-1B Wolfhound--Grognard (Lance Sergeant Marvin Boggs).
JVN-10N Javelin--Grognard (MechWarrior Joe Matheson).
VLK-QA Valkyrie--Grognard (MechWarrior Victoria Winslow).
OTT-7J Ostscout--Grognard (MechWarrior Ivan Simanov).

DCMS-MX90-D Daboku--Hawkins180 (Lance Sergeant Stephanie Hawkins).
HEP-1H Helepolis--Ckosacranoid (MechWarrior Yuki).
HEP-3H Helepolis--DoctorMonkey (MechWarrior Terrence "Spike" Milligan).

1st Battalion

Scout Team (125 tons)
MON-66 Mongoose--Master Arminas (Lance Sergeant "Wig" Walter Isaac Grey).
HER-1A Hermes--Liam's Ghost (MechWarrior Liam Taibhse).
TLN-5W Talon--2ndACR (MechWarrior Billy DeHavre).

Team BLUE (175 tons)
CN9-D Centurion--JPArbiter (Lance Sergeant J. P. Arbiter).
HER-2M Hermes II/Mercury--PurpleDragon (MechWarrior Kavan Clynes).
WFT-1 Wolf Trap--Red Pins (MechWarrior Ronald Meyer).

Team BADGER (250 tons)
GHR-5N Grasshopper--Irose (Lance Sergeant Casey Jordan).
SHD-2Hb Shadow Hawk--Dragon Cat (MechWarrior Canin Rosse).
OTL-4F Ostsol--Vonshroom (MechWarrior Konrad Akkerman).

Team SHRIKE (220 tons)
CRS-6C Crossbow--Shadow Wraith (Lance Sergeant Jerry Robin Williams).
CRB-27 Crab--Hawkins180 (MechWarrior Wendell St. John).
DRG-1N Dragon--Kalthud (MechWarrior K. Al Thud).

MAD-2R Marauder--Highball (Lance Sergeant Larry "Highball" Leslie).
WHM-7A Warhammer--Ijewett (MechWarrior Dimitry "Been There" Antonov).
MAD-1R Marauder--Cidwm (MechWarrior Cidwm).

BL-6-KNT Black Knight--VhenRa (Lance Sergeant Alexander Dale).
CTS-6Y Cestus--Tyler Jorgensson (MechWarrior Alexander J. Carter).
HTM-27U Hatamoto-Hi--O5P Ghost (MechWarrior Antonio Toyma).

HAMMER Team (280 tons)
WHM-7A Warhammer--Grognard (Lance Sergeant Ryan McDonald).
WHM-6D Warhammer--Terrace (MechWarrior Cerrate Barton).
WHM-6K Warhammer--Daemion (MechWarrior Eli Walker).

TONGS Team (350 tons)
BLR-1G-DC BattleMaster--Liam's Ghost (Lance Sergeant Andrew Ringe-MacCrabhain/MechWarrior Ichiri Shogumata).
BLR-1D BattleMaster--Kidd (MechWarrior Ian "Kid" Kelly).
BLR-1Gbc BattleMaster--PurpleDragon (MechWarrior Jesse Zhu).

MAD-4A Marauder II--Minnow (Lance Sergeant Anton Watson).
UM-R60 UrbanMech--Ckosacranoid (MechWarrior "The Stig").
UM-R60L UrbanMech--Sir Chaos (MechWarrior Tessa "Hurry" Lamont).

Shock Team (375 tons)
KGC-010 King Crab--True Tanker (Lance Sergeant Pi).
AWS-8Q Awesome--Blackpanzer (MechWarrior Zhao "Blackpanzer" Zi Long).
NSR-9J Nightstar--Savage Coyote 79 (MechWarrior LeAnn Raines).

2nd Battalion

Team SKEETER (185 tons)
PHX-HK1R Phoenix Hawk LAM--Deathknight69 (Lance Sergeant Josiah C. E. Wales).
STG-A1 Stinger LAM Mk I--Sharpnel (MechWarrior Favia "The Grey" Mauser).
PHX-HK1 Phoenix Hawk LAM--Intermittent Coherence (MechWarrior Marc Vandelas).

ASN-21 Assassin--Sigil (Lance Sergeant Robert "Hunter" Huntley).
SDR-5K Spider--Sigil {MechWarrior Leslie "Tarantula" Wilson).
JR7-31P Rattlesnake--Warclaw (MechWarrior Warclaw).

SDR-5V Spider--Takiro (Lance Sergeant Robert Takiro).
JR7-31P Rattlesnake--Taron Storm/Don Haralson (MechWarrior Norman Chan).
SPR-5F Spector--Broken Mnemonic (MechWarrior Geraint "Taff" Blethyn).

PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk--Cidwm (Lance Sergeant Ryunosuke Tanabu).
JR7-F Jenner--Tai Dai Cultist (MechWarrior Frederick W. "Tie-Dye" Palowaski).
VL-5T Vulcan--Drakensis (MechWarrior Arthur Mackensen).

Team GREEN (180 tons)
CLNT-2-3U Clint--Shadow Wraith (Lance Sergeant Joe "Elvis" Eastwood).
FLC-4Nb Falcon--Savagecoyote79 (MechWarrior Attumen).
PXH-3M Phoenix Hawk--Sharpnel (MechWarrior Leroy Geraint Biffinton, "The Prismatic Pauper").

Team VIXEN (185 tons)
CPLT-C1 Catapult--Koren-Gagin (Lance Sergeant Gerald Garadbaldi).
FFL-4A Firefly--Tiki Monkey (MechWarrior Gavin Crowther).
BJ-1DB Blackjack--DoctorMonkey (MechWarrior Andre Bleu).

Team HART (235 tons)
GHR-5N Grasshopper--Mighty Midget (Lance Sergeant "Mighty Midget").
SHD-2K Shadow Hawk--Taron Storm (MechWarrior Taron Storm).
PNT-9R Panther--JKLantern (MechWarrior Johannes Mayer).

Team GATOR (220 tons)
VTR-9D Victor--Terrace (Lance Sergeant Bradley Dooble).
PX-3R Phoenix--Warclaw (MechWarrior Chaplain Gabriel Thorne).
BJ-1 Blackjack--Jklantern (MechWarrior J. Kellog Lantern).

WVR-7M Wolverine--Iron Head (Lance Sergeant Steve Dallas).
WVR-6M Wolverine--Iron Grenadier (MechWarrior William Conrad).
WVR-7H Wolverine--Grognard (MechWarrior Steve Ronin).

Team BLACK (220 tons)
GRF-3M Griffin--MechRat (Lance Sergeant "MechRat" McKenzie).
LNX-9Q Lynx--2ndACR (MechWarrior Mitchell).
LNX-9Q Lynx--Highball (MechWarrior Robert "One Eye" Hills).

Every element of 2nd Battalion is jump-capable.  I put Team RED, Cav Team 2, and the Reserve/Support Team in Regimental HQ because this is our SpecOps element, and our primary missile support/artillery elements.  Which leaves 1st Battalion as a pretty heavy (and hard-hitting) anvil.

If you disagree, let me know.  But until then, this is the tentative Regimental TO&E.

MA
« Last Edit: 12 October 2015, 00:11:28 by master arminas »

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #416 on: 12 October 2015, 00:00:35 »
The stig just looks around and takes a seat in the couner after putting a sign on the table. "Reg new bodyguard off the battlefield and driver".

Yuku looks at what the stig wrote and makes her own sign. "Will vote for bribes and candy". Then sits down and starts petting KITTY?

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #417 on: 12 October 2015, 00:08:41 »
Here's my votes.

Colonel
ARC-4M Archer--Drakensis (Gwen "Duchess" Wayne)

Major
WHM-7S Warhammer--DOC_Agren (Warren "Doc" Agren)
SHD-X2 Shadow Hawk LAM--Giovanni Blasini (Giovanni Blasini)

Captain
WHM-6Rk Warhammer--Takiro (Tanaka "Shadow" Nakamora)
TDR-5SE Thunderbolt--MechRat (Catherine "Alley Cat" Decker)
TLN-5W Talon--Snakespinner (Virginia de Sade)
ENF-4R Enforcer--Kalthud (Christopher "Kal" Kalthud)
WVR-6M Wolverine--WhenRa (Marius Murphy)
SPR-4F Spector--Tyler Jorgensson (Sasha Rostov)

There we go. I assume each Battalion will have their own Command Lance?

Edit: Changing my vote for 2nd Battalion CO after Drakensis' reasoning set off my own giggle fit.
« Last Edit: 12 October 2015, 12:08:42 by Terrace »

master arminas

• Captain
« Reply #418 on: 12 October 2015, 00:10:48 »
Here's my votes.

Colonel
ARC-4M Archer--Drakensis (Gwen "Duchess" Wayne)

Major
WHM-7S Warhammer--DOC_Agren (Warren "Doc" Agren)
EXT-4Db Exterminator--Kwic (Stephen "Stumpy" McQueen)

Captain
WHM-6Rk Warhammer--Takiro (Tanaka "Shadow" Nakamora)
TDR-5SE Thunderbolt--MechRat (Catherine "Alley Cat" Decker)
TLN-5W Talon--Snakespinner (Virginia de Sade)
ENF-4R Enforcer--Kalthud (Christopher "Kal" Kalthud)
WVR-6M Wolverine--WhenRa (Marius Murphy)
SPR-4F Spector--Tyler Jorgensson (Sasha Rostov)

There we go. I assume each Battalion will have their own Command Lance?

Yep.

MA

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #419 on: 12 October 2015, 00:27:27 »
Here is my votes: Colonel

Major
WHM-6Rk Warhammer--Takiro (Lieutenant Tanaka "Shadow" Nakamora

Captain:
EXT-4Db Exterminator--Kwic (Lieutenant Stephen "Stumpy" McQueen