Author Topic: "YardShip" vs. "Yardship" - correct spelling?  (Read 1976 times)

Frabby

• Major
"YardShip" vs. "Yardship" - correct spelling?
« on: 07 October 2015, 02:05:11 »
Based on the erratum text for the monitor entry in XTRO:Boondoggles, which is the most recent source I'm aware of, I was under the impression that YardShip is commonly spelled with a capital "S" in BattleTech context.

However, an esteemed forum user has informed me that Ben Rome had clarified the correct style to be "yardship" (no capital "S").

Since I cannot find a quotable source for this ruling, please give me an official clarification:

Is there a ruling for the "correct" spelling, and if so, what is it?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
Re: "YardShip" vs. "Yardship" - correct spelling?
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2015, 08:27:47 »
Based on the erratum text for the monitor entry in XTRO:Boondoggles, which is the most recent source I'm aware of, I was under the impression that YardShip is commonly spelled with a capital "S" in BattleTech context.

However, an esteemed forum user has informed me that Ben Rome had clarified the correct style to be "yardship" (no capital "S").

Since I cannot find a quotable source for this ruling, please give me an official clarification:

Is there a ruling for the "correct" spelling, and if so, what is it?

Yardship.
Eh.

Frabby

• Major
Re: "YardShip" vs. "Yardship" - correct spelling?
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2015, 09:26:32 »
Many thanks for the clarification. Will update Sarna accordingly.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins