Author Topic: windows 10 and MWO-direct x problem  (Read 6136 times)

StoneRhino

• Captain
windows 10 and MWO-direct x problem
« on: 21 November 2015, 07:02:57 »
When I try to start the game up I get this message:
mwoclient.exe system error
The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I did a google search and found that it is a problem dating back to 2012 for someone else. The response they got was that they need to download directx 9.

I searched the windows site which was absolutely useless as expected. It kept sending me to some article that was of no value. I looked online and it a youtube video came up suggesting that it needed a file from windows.
Youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmTQ5dEQXPc

It also has a link, but that took me to the 2007 version. I eventually stumbled on the 2010 version. The problem that I keep running into is that it does not bring up the directx installer like the video shows when he double clicks the download. Instead it asks me for a location to extract the files to. Out of frustration I eventually tried the downloads folder which worked for the extraction. I suppose the answer is in there somewhere but i thought I would go ahead and post this to see if someone else has encountered the same problem and what did they do.

Its been well over a month since different computer problems started up so even though this is probably anything but noteworthy it has me pushed me to just say a few choice words and post this and return to painting minis instead of trying to fix this. >:(

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
Re: windows 10 and MWO-direct x problem
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2015, 10:04:19 »
this ain't the MWO Forums, but i think where you need to check is the manufacturer of your videocard to get the drivers updated. if it's nvidia though, good luck- i haven't gotten a new driver update from them to work in about a year.  ???
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2015, 16:20:39 »
find the missing dll file using google and put it in windows
whatever is the eqiuvelent for windows 10 system32 or syswow64 restart your machine and it should be fixed

usually when you get dll file it comes as .zip or .rar just unzip it and copy unziped/unpacked content in those folders

this fixes about 98% of problems with windows
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2015, 13:41:14 »
I had that problem, too. It has to do with DirectX. The most normal way to solve it was to reinstall DirectX or restore it. When I upgraded Windows it happened the same again and I had to solve it again. Downloading the latest drivers for your graphic card will help you too.
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2015, 21:17:21 »
I had the same problem a few days ago when I got mwo installed for the first time in two years on my new computer. Like others have said, download the driver from the manufaturer's site. In my case it was microsoft. After I downloaded it, I was set.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9977

If you can't do this, I was browsing the MWO forums and found that if you click on the cog icon in the client and select '32 bit' instead of '64' the game will run. (Albeit not at the greatest Frame rate.)
Best of luck!
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Register