Author Topic: Coming Soon to MegaMek  (Read 276100 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Coming Soon to MegaMek
« Reply #570 on: 11 March 2021, 13:10:11 »
StratCon Development Continues slowly.

If you've never heard of it see here.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #571 on: 13 March 2021, 02:54:56 »
This is awesome, will be the most significant upgrade for me in years, thanks guys!

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #572 on: 13 March 2021, 09:05:43 »
Will Stratton involve space battles?
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #573 on: 13 March 2021, 09:50:49 »
Will Stratton involve space battles?

I stand corrected.

Not at this time.

« Last Edit: 13 March 2021, 15:44:09 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #574 on: 13 March 2021, 11:20:10 »
Liking the concept.  A few semi-random thoughts/questions, mostly on airborne units/formations.

How does VTOL and fighter formations figure into this for movement?  They can cover a lot more ground than ground or mixed ground/VTOL formations.

Will fighter formations run CAP/BARCAP, to limit the ability of enemy airborne formations to reinforce?  For example, deploy a fighter formation to a strategic hex as BARCAP, where they intercept any fighter or VTOL formations that try to move through that/adjacent hexes.

What about airfields (small, medium, large, DropPort) as a 'facility type' to attack/defend?  Requirement/bonus for staging airborne formations from airfield/DropPort locations?
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #575 on: 13 March 2021, 14:21:32 »
Not at this time.

Actually, that's not accurate. If you've got aerospace forces in your TO&E, atmospheric and space scenarios will spawn for them.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #576 on: 15 March 2021, 09:52:10 »
Actually, that's not accurate. If you've got aerospace forces in your TO&E, atmospheric and space scenarios will spawn for them.

Cool  8)
BATTLEMASTER

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #577 on: 15 March 2021, 10:31:02 »
Is it includes enemy warships and space stations?

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #578 on: 15 March 2021, 12:52:28 »
Not sure about those yet. It's hard to balance warships in a procedurally generated environment because they pretty much wipe the floor with anything other than other warships, so your average player is likely to get all their aerospace assets wiped out in a round or two.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #579 on: 15 March 2021, 13:21:22 »
So if it is on RAT you need to become the second mercenary force to have a warship in Inner Sphere... or face death. Although warships are tend to have very high BV so I doubt that it is generated against petty aerospace assets even if it is on RAT.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #580 on: 15 March 2021, 13:25:16 »
Wait, what about (literally)naval, then? I doubt that most of us will play blue water navy, or even have a look, though.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #581 on: 15 March 2021, 13:33:33 »
Very rarely, but yes, you may see blue-water naval forces in scenarios where there's water. It might look a little weird to have a frigate camped out in a single depth-1 water hex, but, the possibility is there.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #582 on: 17 March 2021, 13:14:37 »
Coming soon to MekHQ: The Markets Tab. This is the second tab of Campaign Options I've cleaned up, replacing the Personnel Market Tab with one for all three Market Types, and allowing one to use the Monthly AtB Unit Market outside of AtB (or not use it within AtB).

Modernized Unit Market Dialog:
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #583 on: 17 March 2021, 17:16:05 »
Should that be "... % of market value or lower"?   :P

I wouldn't mind seeing better column width control on the Unit market dialog.  I'm always having to stretch it out to see the full unit name, as many of them are only differentiated by model at the end; for example, look at the two "Scorpion Light Tank (..." entries, or the "Partisan Heavy Tank (..." entry in the screen shot.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #584 on: 17 March 2021, 17:34:18 »
Should that be "... % of market value or lower"?   :P

I wouldn't mind seeing better column width control on the Unit market dialog.  I'm always having to stretch it out to see the full unit name, as many of them are only differentiated by model at the end; for example, look at the two "Scorpion Light Tank (..." entries, or the "Partisan Heavy Tank (..." entry in the screen shot.

Yup, was a typo in this version (which is not the final product, still in-progress). I've been playing around with minor bits and pieces within it, and the default size of the Unit, Market, and Type columns are going to be changing for exactly that reason.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Khylon

• Private
« Reply #585 on: 17 March 2021, 18:13:35 »
Looks great! Any chance of generating the time to deliver and showing it in the market?

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #586 on: 17 March 2021, 18:23:26 »
Looks great! Any chance of generating the time to deliver and showing it in the market?

That is an excellent idea, and more fitting than our current method of determining it. I'll be implementing this before I open the PR.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #587 on: 18 March 2021, 07:25:16 »
Very rarely, but yes, you may see blue-water naval forces in scenarios where there's water. It might look a little weird to have a frigate camped out in a single depth-1 water hex, but, the possibility is there.

I think a frigate would actually bottom out in water that shallow  ;D

The Stratcon update is very exciting.  I'm looking forward to trying it out!
BATTLEMASTER

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #588 on: 18 March 2021, 08:13:08 »
Battlemech is the king of the battlefield - until six Long Toms are directly face your mech.

johnboyjjb

• Sergeant
« Reply #589 on: 18 March 2021, 13:17:54 »
Is there a plan to drop useless rounds out of MekHQ games automatically?

Example: my current game has my troops deploying in rounds 6&7. The Bots deploy in rounds 3&7. Rounds 0-2 are just cycles that don't do anybody any good.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #590 on: 19 March 2021, 07:28:56 »
Yeah it's pointless and I have to manually set it to either 1 or starting. I have seen some units are deployed on turn 38. I don't understand how it is set and why it is required to do.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #591 on: 19 March 2021, 12:51:53 »
There's rules for deployment time in the AtB notes.  It's based on slowest strategic speed (walk/cruise) in the unit along with some leadership/strategy modifiers, and role (fight/defend/scout/etc.) modifiers.  I will say there is a certain amount of weirdness in how the delays are applied e.g. aerospace in a completely different formation will deploy on turn 30 if infantry also deploy on turn 30.  I think some of that will change with the StratCon tools. 

Sounds like everyone is talking about chase scenarios - that's where the bulk of long and/or weird deployment turns come in.  Those extra turns are kind of important to the scenario; skipping them is not a good idea.  Although I do completely redo the delays for that scenario type, and use something a bit more rational for the other scenarios when it doesn't make sense.
- The Society

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #592 on: 19 March 2021, 13:06:58 »
The other factor is artillery. It should be ready few kliometers after you, but it costs so much turns to be ready. Although it is hard to check if it is an artillery or normal line unit.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #593 on: 20 March 2021, 02:10:10 »
A question about black market. You may deceived by the black market but is there any ways to punish them? I wonder it is possible, though, but chasing them seems a good scenario.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #594 on: 20 March 2021, 17:06:20 »
A question about black market. You may deceived by the black market but is there any ways to punish them? I wonder it is possible, though, but chasing them seems a good scenario.

In a game I was running using MekHQ, I had a player actually want to do this.  I had to fudge it so that he couldn't find the black market person who did it.  Lost an entire game session to this one thing because the player just didn't want to let it go. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #595 on: 28 March 2021, 10:01:07 »
There is not.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #596 on: 28 March 2021, 10:19:29 »
Coming soon to MekHQ: Force Icon Piece Rework
Kailan has been working hard on creating new pieces and reducing duplication for layered force icons, so that one can create layered force icons like the following, which indicates a laser equipped heavy armoured C3-capable electronic warfare Battle Armour transported by a Patrol Ship.

This will be accompanied by a rework of the force icon creation GUI, KDagley's standard force icons in the new MekHQ Extras repository, and full migration.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #597 on: 28 March 2021, 10:39:10 »
Yaaaaay!

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #598 on: 28 March 2021, 11:19:06 »
Looks like I have a heck of a project coming up to make those work with all my backgrounds.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #599 on: 28 March 2021, 11:53:40 »
Coming soon to MekHQ: Force Icon Piece Rework
Kailan has been working hard on creating new pieces and reducing duplication for layered force icons, so that one can create layered force icons like the following, which indicates a laser equipped heavy armoured C3-capable electronic warfare Battle Armour transported by a Patrol Ship.

This will be accompanied by a rework of the force icon creation GUI, KDagley's standard force icons in the new MekHQ Extras repository, and full migration.

Hate to keep bringing this up, but that "MVO" should not be there, unless this is specifically a "Medium class, Void suit" formation.  Per StratOps, first printing, page 337/338.  The example is a Davion-yellow BA frame with "MCA" labelled as "Infantry modifier".  Bottom of page 338:

The battle armor modifier consists of a standardized three-letter designation for the type of suits.  The first letter is the suit's weight class, followed by either the first two letters of the suit's name or the first letter in the first two words of the suit's name.  For example, Fa Shih battle armor would be MFS, a Shedu suit is designated ASH and Torando P(AL) as PTO.  Once more referring back to Diagram One, the Forty-eighth Battle Armor Battalion includes MCA at the top of the frame: Medium battle armor, Cavalier.
- The Society

Register