Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 174780 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #330 on: 04 February 2019, 13:09:35 »
Broad cast of the radio
“People of Nejiro. Have you forgotten who you are?”
“People of Nejiro. You are from the Dragon.”
“People of Nejiro the Dragon Call for your Help.”
“Good PEOPLE of Nejiro do what you know is right.”
“No hito Nejiro Doragon ga yobu.”

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #331 on: 04 February 2019, 16:22:51 »
Should the players leave the war of words to the Governor?  Obviously, we can't go around beating people up, but should we be responding in the media politely but with conviction?  Mentioning the destruction of Caesar, who terrorized dozens of worlds, is not getting any mention.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #332 on: 04 February 2019, 17:21:19 »
Should the players leave the war of words to the Governor?  Obviously, we can't go around beating people up, but should we be responding in the media politely but with conviction?  Mentioning the destruction of Caesar, who terrorized dozens of worlds, is not getting any mention.

Players need to talk and figure out what will be done.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #333 on: 04 February 2019, 17:31:13 »
And how are we supposed to do that when we're spread out willy-nilly all over the planet dealing with Clanners and BlackDracs and Word of Blakists?  When are we supposed to have the time if we can never leave our 'Mechs?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #334 on: 04 February 2019, 17:39:03 »
And how are we supposed to do that when we're spread out willy-nilly all over the planet dealing with Clanners and BlackDracs and Word of Blakists?  When are we supposed to have the time if we can never leave our 'Mechs?

All units do have staff that in not listed in your t.o.&e.
Medical, technical and so on. So have your people call his people and some of the other commands.  You do and have some down time at this point.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #335 on: 04 February 2019, 23:52:40 »
Arkab Harib Commander will request through the liaison to do interviews with  the media; local, planet. More requests and updates to follow.
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #336 on: 05 February 2019, 03:57:58 »
Arkab Harib Commander will request through the liaison to do interviews with  the media; local, planet. More requests and updates to follow.

let me know what personal will be doing the interviews.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #337 on: 05 February 2019, 03:59:00 »
WNN News Update
Today the inquest into the murders at the Hilo power plant has found that outside forces are responsible for what happened. The Ministry Criminal Investigation Unit has found that the unknown attackers are not from Nejiro and that GSF units in the area did what they could be for the workers in at the power station it was too late. The unit commanders and the personal they had on site were not involved. The M.C.I.U. is looking for the people that did this. From the report the investigators believe that they are still on world. The leader of the M.C.I.U. team has stated they will bring these criminals to justice.

HBC News Update
With all that has been happening on our world over the last six months we still have questions about the Governor’s Security Force.
Who are they accountable to?
Are they operating within the Code of Military Justice?
Who has professional jurisdiction?
What are their qualifications?
Does this violate the Founders Agreement pertaining to military/security forces?
What happens when the contracts are up? 

The Dakuu-orianyusu
So now the Governor’s press tells us that what happened at the Hilo power station was an act of outsiders.
The Governor has HER people do the investigation and they find HER sell swords did not do this. Sure they did.
Questions that were asked in parliament are still open. When will SHE get around to answering them?

Shin no wadopuresu
People of Nejiro we learn today that to government has found that the Mercenary troops that the government hired had nothing to do with the dastardly acts at the Hilo power station. Interesting.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #338 on: 05 February 2019, 10:37:37 »
Doing interviews will be CO, XO, Unit PR Lt. Ernie Pyle.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #339 on: 05 February 2019, 18:02:49 »
Anthony, I need to know when Euron is able to get out of jamming range and actually give orders to his people all over the planet.  These new orders are important, so I need to know when he has a clear channel to his base.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #340 on: 05 February 2019, 18:07:03 »
WNN News Update
Today the inquest into the murders at the Hilo power plant has found that outside forces are responsible for what happened. The Ministry Criminal Investigation Unit has found that the unknown attackers are not from Nejiro and that GSF units in the area did what they could be for the workers in at the power station it was too late. The unit commanders and the personal they had on site were not involved. The M.C.I.U. is looking for the people that did this. From the report the investigators believe that they are still on world. The leader of the M.C.I.U. team has stated they will bring these criminals to justice.

HBC News Update
With all that has been happening on our world over the last six months we still have questions about the Governor’s Security Force.
Who are they accountable to?
Are they operating within the Code of Military Justice?
Who has professional jurisdiction?
What are their qualifications?
Does this violate the Founders Agreement pertaining to military/security forces?
What happens when the contracts are up? 

The Dakuu-orianyusu
So now the Governor’s press tells us that what happened at the Hilo power station was an act of outsiders.
The Governor has HER people do the investigation and they find HER sell swords did not do this. Sure they did.
Questions that were asked in parliament are still open. When will SHE get around to answering them?

Shin no wadopuresu
People of Nejiro we learn today that to government has found that the Mercenary troops that the government hired had nothing to do with the dastardly acts at the Hilo power station. Interesting.

okay regarding this and the other negative press and anti government broadcasts. is there any way to counter these broadcasts with statements that seem similar but state support for the governor ?

my suggestion would be to do counter broadcasts . and well as meet and greets with some of our people.

footage of kiah's people helping with the natural disaster of the mud slides by her base may help.

as far as my staff available to be interviewed i suppose my staff that are also my lawyers would be the best, they would be the least likely to be ruffled by aggressive interviewers. they would have to be prepped by the governor's staff and prepared for the interviews they are professionals but do not appear to be stiff lawyers they actually are very low key and have other jobs but are very savvy lawyers.

what do you all think?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #341 on: 05 February 2019, 18:55:24 »
Anthony, I need to know when Euron is able to get out of jamming range and actually give orders to his people all over the planet.  These new orders are important, so I need to know when he has a clear channel to his base.

You can do so at any time now

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #342 on: 05 February 2019, 19:12:43 »
okay regarding this and the other negative press and anti government broadcasts. is there any way to counter these broadcasts with statements that seem similar but state support for the governor ?

Sure you can. You give me a list of personal that will do the sit downs .... With names .... I can set up something's.

my suggestion would be to do counter broadcasts . and well as meet and greets with some of our people.

This can be done. See above.

footage of kiah's people helping with the natural disaster of the mud slides by her base may help.

See above

as far as my staff available to be interviewed i suppose my staff that are also my lawyers would be the best, they would be the least likely to be ruffled by aggressive interviewers. they would have to be prepped by the governor's staff and prepared for the interviews they are professionals but do not appear to be stiff lawyers they actually are very low key and have other jobs but are very savvy lawyers.

This can work. See above for things needed

what do you all think?

All good ideas  :thumbsup:

Do keep in mind all need to be on the same page. If not I will have all kinds of fun  >:D

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #343 on: 05 February 2019, 19:51:30 »
This is Colonel Greyjoy to all Ironborn forces on Nejiro:

New orders regarding Capellan lance working under the Word of Blake.  A PRIORITY ABSOLUTE is now in effect on the Raven 'Mech being used by this lance to jam our comms.  If this 'Mech is sighted, your orders are to completely destroy this machine.  I needn't remind you all that Priority Absolute means that ALL other priorities are rescinded regarding this order.  This includes your personal safety and the safety of all other personnel in the area.  To repeat, if you see it in the field, I do not want this 'Mech defeated, disabled, crippled, recovered or salvaged.  It is to be COMPLETELY DESTROYED!!!!!  The Raven's existence threatens our fragile cooperation with the other mercenary commands and our alliance with the Governor.  It's sensor, ECM and jamming suite is too dangerous for this 'Mech to be allowed to live.  We all know what they can do since we've seen the use of ELINT 'Mechs in the Confederation, so you know why this order has been issued.

Next order: Regarding the negative propaganda no doubt being prompted by the Black Dragons and the WoB, only non-military personnel will be allowed to speak to the press.  After all, not only are we "filthy gaijin", but we come from a "paranoid totalitarian state".  I don't want people getting the wrong idea about our being here.  My brother, Chaplain Aeron Greyjoy will be in charge of dealing with the press.  Also, for God's sakes, do NOT let Caesar's guys ANYWHERE NEAR the press, we have enough problems without them talking to anyone.

What is dead may never die!

Colonel Euron Greyjoy

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #344 on: 05 February 2019, 20:46:03 »
Iron born, could you modify those orders regarding the complete destruction of the Raven?  It could be useful to us. If it a choice between escape and total destruction, choose destruction. But it is possible that we could use its communication systems to trick the Black Dragons and White Robes into fighting each other.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #345 on: 05 February 2019, 20:47:24 »

what do you all think?
In this matter, what would you like me to do?

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #346 on: 05 February 2019, 22:00:29 »
Arkab Harib are quietly and privately enjoying with great mirth to NOT be Mercs, gaijin maybe, but mercs no.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #347 on: 05 February 2019, 22:22:42 »
Live reactions from Ironborn units after issue of new orders:

Tristifer Botley (aboard Wraith):  Priority Absolute?  What does that mean, Lorren?
Lorren Botley (aboard "Black Lorren"): It means the Colonel just declared war on our erstwhile countrymen, brother of mine.  And on top of that, he's saying we're all expendable until that Raven is a pile of non-functioning, useless junk.
Tristifer: (gulps) All of us?
Lorren: Yep.  Even the Colonel himself.
Tristifer: Fuuuuck.

Julia Goodbrother (aboard "Bad Sister"): Dammit, and I just got this 'Mech.

Charles Wynch (aboard Regulator Alpha, limping back to base):  Well, lucky for us our cannon is still fully operational, even if our skirts aren't.  At least we can defend ourselves.

Anya Tereshskaya (aboard Goblin Bravo at the Musashi estate):  Platoon Bravo, dig in.  That Raven comes here and we'll have to take it on.  Blizzard, we'll need you to outflank the target.
Blizzard (with Platoon Alpha): Roger.
Tereshskaya: Put me through to Bully.  If he's not available, then Minamoto or Shiro.  We'll need an assist to deal with the other 3 'Mechs accompanying that Raven.  The Colonel said he wants it destroyed, but he didn't specify that the Ironborn have to do it all ourselves.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #348 on: 05 February 2019, 22:26:41 »
Iron born, could you modify those orders regarding the complete destruction of the Raven?  It could be useful to us. If it a choice between escape and total destruction, choose destruction. But it is possible that we could use its communication systems to trick the Black Dragons and White Robes into fighting each other.

Col. Greyjoy here.  That is not feasible at the present time.  You're free to help out, otherwise the order stands until the Raven is scrap.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #349 on: 06 February 2019, 06:21:27 »
Col. Greyjoy here.  That is not feasible at the present time.  You're free to help out, otherwise the order stands until the Raven is scrap.
[Out of character]: Just out of curiosity, why was the complete destruction of the mech ordered?  A personality quirk of the commander?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #350 on: 06 February 2019, 10:40:39 »
[OOC] Partly because the Raven's presence last battle made the scenario unwinnable IMO.  Our teamwork is bad enough w/o that 'Mech making it impossible. 
Another reason is we don't know where their base is, so capturing the 'Mech is unlikely, especially when you consider the three other 'Mechs defending it whenever we see it in the field.  The Warhammer, Clint and Firestarter are just a delivery system for the ELINT 'Mech, which is why the Raven is the only one of the four that really matters. 
Lastly, they're probably using it to spread their "fake news" to the rest of the planet.  Since we can't capture it, better that it and its ELINT suite be destroyed than continue being used to spew propaganda.  Also, the fact that fellow Capellans are using it against us really stuck in Euron's craw.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #351 on: 06 February 2019, 17:20:16 »
I understand.
Just the same, we could use that equipment to good effect ourselves.  We should definitely knock out that Raven, but if we have a decent chance of being able to recover it, I don't think we should slag the whole thing.  As for the negative press, we have Black Dragons and Blakists fighting us and either or both of them could be responsible.  I'd like a way to get them to actively go after each other.
Given what you said about how your troops have interpreted themselves as being expendable, you may need to make some morale rolls. :(
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 17:21:58 by jimdigris »

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #352 on: 06 February 2019, 18:12:13 »
This is Colonel Greyjoy to all Ironborn forces on Nejiro:

New orders regarding Capellan lance working under the Word of Blake.  A PRIORITY ABSOLUTE is now in effect on the Raven 'Mech being used by this lance to jam our comms.  If this 'Mech is sighted, your orders are to completely destroy this machine.  I needn't remind you all that Priority Absolute means that ALL other priorities are rescinded regarding this order.  This includes your personal safety and the safety of all other personnel in the area.  To repeat, if you see it in the field, I do not want this 'Mech defeated, disabled, crippled, recovered or salvaged.  It is to be COMPLETELY DESTROYED!!!!!  The Raven's existence threatens our fragile cooperation with the other mercenary commands and our alliance with the Governor.  It's sensor, ECM and jamming suite is too dangerous for this 'Mech to be allowed to live.  We all know what they can do since we've seen the use of ELINT 'Mechs in the Confederation, so you know why this order has been issued.

Next order: Regarding the negative propaganda no doubt being prompted by the Black Dragons and the WoB, only non-military personnel will be allowed to speak to the press.  After all, not only are we "filthy gaijin", but we come from a "paranoid totalitarian state".  I don't want people getting the wrong idea about our being here.  My brother, Chaplain Aeron Greyjoy will be in charge of dealing with the press.  Also, for God's sakes, do NOT let Caesar's guys ANYWHERE NEAR the press, we have enough problems without them talking to anyone.

What is dead may never die!

Colonel Euron Greyjoy

Kiah sits back in her office chair after reviewing this message from the second in command
she sends a private message for Colonel Euron Greyjoy eyes only

to Colonel Euron Greyjoy
from haumpton Kiah Franks

i applaud this decision and i do agree with your reasoning. i only thing i wish you would have considered was contacting and discussing this with me so we could have presented a united front. i  do agree that this mech needs to die but i would have tempered the order slightly. i do not want any of our people to foolishly sacrifice themselves for the "glory" of this kill. i would have said standing orders are to concentrate fire on this mech until it is destroyed.  I would also have stated that the commander on the field will be responsible for selecting a few of the forces on the field to provide cover for those that are going after this target.

i commend your forethought and will transmit a statement to the united forces agreeing with your orders

respect and regards
haumpton  Kiah Franks   

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #353 on: 06 February 2019, 18:46:58 »
Haupton Kiah Franks to all united force commanders

The news feeds that are designed to undermine our employer the governor are both disturbing and infuriating and i understand that first reactions are to respond in kind however we need to not add fuel to this particular fire.

i am in the process of reviewing my personnel and deciding whom would give the best appearance and be the best spokesperson(s) for my contingent.

i have selected thus far Kevin Andrew Franks and Amanda Eve Franks both hold the rank of Captain but they are very skilled in public relations as well as several aspects of law. I also will allow them to select a small staff of their choosing to assist them.

I am asking that each commander selects representatives as well so that we as a collective group can form a public relations team that represents all of us.

I will make offices available for such a team at my compound but i would ask that each of our commands provide offices as well so that the team that is formed by all of our people can move around as they need to .

it is important that this team i am proposing works with what ever personnel the governor assigns so that our spokespeople do not make any horrific mistakes to make matters worse.

we need cool headed personnel for the proposed team not people who are quick tempered or easily ruffled.

in regards to the orders to destroy the Raven. i agree that this enemy needs to be deleted from earth it stands on. If it is on the field fire is to be concentrated on it and the commander of the field should see that some forces provide cover for the forces that are concentrating the fire.

the target needs to be destroyed , not captured or salvaged but we do not want to do so at the cost of our own lives, lives that can not be replaced easily and equipment that can not be replaced easily.

long range fire should be used in a concentrated fashion when ever possible.

we are far stronger together then we are as single entities and each of our peoples lives are important for the continued progress of our combined forces.

respect and honors to all commanders

Kiah 

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #354 on: 06 February 2019, 20:11:59 »
(chris the player apologizes about this but i am not entirely sure the proper way to address a message to the governor or to Jack but Kiah the player would see it is addressed correctly via her liaison)

the following message is going to both the governor and to jack via a delivery courier to ensure that a transmission is not intercepted.

I first must express my outrage and concern over the recent news casts that are attempting to undermine your authority.

Enclosed  with this message courier is extensive footage that my people recorded pertaining the the landslides that occurred near my compound. Some of the natural landslides were caught on the recording of my people that were out on patrol. Also i made sure that all rescue operations were recorded to hopefully assist engineers in establishing a plan to  prevent such occurrences in the future.

there is also a lot of footage on all of our assistance in the rescue and recovery of the victims of the disaster as well as recordings of our assistance in rebuilding the buildings that were taken out and assisting in the replanting the effected farms.

it is my hope that the enclosed footage can help reverse the negative press that is circulating now.

I have also contacted my fellow commanders and I am asking that each commander selects representatives so that we as a collective group can form a public relations team that represents all of us and can go to interviews and hopefully negate some of the hostility that is being expressed in the media.

I respectfully ask that some personnel be provided to help prepare the selected personnel so that our best image is
presented.

It is my hope that by combining personnel from all the different commands into a public relations team that works with your people as well we can curtail some of the issues that the media is now releasing and that we can hopefully counter the negative and disruptive press releases.

respectfully

Haupton Kiah Franks

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #355 on: 06 February 2019, 21:22:56 »
Adept Allen sits at a table with his Acolytes, chuckling. "Comms issues? We don't have any comms issues" And sips his beer.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #356 on: 06 February 2019, 23:31:51 »
Kiah sits back in her office chair after reviewing this message from the second in command
she sends a private message for Colonel Euron Greyjoy eyes only

to Colonel Euron Greyjoy
from haumpton Kiah Franks

i applaud this decision and i do agree with your reasoning. i only thing i wish you would have considered was contacting and discussing this with me so we could have presented a united front. i  do agree that this mech needs to die but i would have tempered the order slightly. i do not want any of our people to foolishly sacrifice themselves for the "glory" of this kill. i would have said standing orders are to concentrate fire on this mech until it is destroyed.  I would also have stated that the commander on the field will be responsible for selecting a few of the forces on the field to provide cover for those that are going after this target.

i commend your forethought and will transmit a statement to the united forces agreeing with your orders

respect and regards
haumpton  Kiah Franks

A Priority Absolute is never given for the "glory" of anything.  It is done out of the grimmest of necessity.  Our Confederation built and designed the Raven 'Mech for precisely what this unit has been doing to us.  We know better than anybody (with the possible exception of the Davions) why Ravens receive priority target status wherever one is sighted.  It makes a difficult situation nearly untenable.  If you want to coordinate attacks against it in the field, your help is welcome.  But this is an asset that must be removed from this planet at any cost.  The Canopian mercs would like to see it captured , but I told them it wasn't feasible since we don't know where its base is.  I will respect your decision to perhaps temper my order as you are in overall command, but I meant the issue of the Priority Absolute to be for the greater good of all, even if the Ironborn were to shoulder the majority of the burden ourselves.  It is perhaps a hold-over of our Capellan heritage that we sacrifice for what would be best for our leaders (which include yourself and the Governor).  My forces will respect whatever restrictions you place on the order, but do not get in our way when we have that 'Mech in our sights.

Col. Euron Greyjoy

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #357 on: 07 February 2019, 06:10:06 »
It just occurred to me that my Hussar pilot may have the training and equipment to jam the Raven's transmissions.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #358 on: 07 February 2019, 11:31:50 »
ECM can be countered by ECM, see rules. Took someone long enough.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #359 on: 07 February 2019, 13:04:23 »

Tai-i Neville Rhodes
Tai-i Kono Kalakaua
Captain Quintin Bonanno
Hauptmann Kiah Lorrian Rosen Franks
Major Crash Cranson
Sho-sa Haji Salaam
Colonel Euron Greyjoy

Please review the following personnel files from Cultural Wavefinders and DLA Piper Law Offices, as they will become attached to your units.

Joy Yorokobi
personal assistant
Chiji Chu-sa Meiyo Saganami
civilian liasion
Chiji no Chian Butai