Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 174777 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #1170 on: 09 November 2020, 12:38:20 »
Most of my unit is still making its way back to my base and a part of the hostile force is between me and the base.  Several of my armored units are slower than they used to be.  My heavies are in pursuit/on their way home.  The force consisted on two BA Karnovs, two Demon tanks with gauss rifles, two Zephyr hovertanks (one is a brick), a Locust, Valkyrie, a Crusader, and a Griffin with an LRM20.  They had 2-3 ECM bubbles.
I don't know if they intend to take my base or if it was a diversionary strike, considering that they're throwing a battalion at the Musashi estate.  They may be after the grandkids. I will have limited ability to assist Grandmother.  My ECM units are tied up. 
For my infantry unit, I'll deploy a Maxim with LRM infantry.  For my armor, I can deploy my Alacorn or Schiltron with artillery.  Any preferences OT?
My available mechs are my Griffin, Locust, Centurion, and Firestarter omni with Combine C3 capability.  OT, which 2 would you prefer?  Do we want to try forming a C3 network. 
Unless we want this battle to be a disaster, we will need to coordinate this.

Due to the terrain i would go with with Long Range and speed.
With your slow armor the Alacorn is better as your Schiltrons have MoC Masters (you have not rolled to swap one yet) it should have a bodyguard.
You have 1 pilot that can pilot the Centurion or the Firestarter as of now you have him in the Firestarter. (Need to get an extra pilot still)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1171 on: 09 November 2020, 16:06:45 »
I installed the Combine C3M in Schiltron Alpha a while ago.  You saw me make the rolls; It was the one that just barely avoided damage during installation.  I think the artillery might be more useful against such a large force. I can wear them down as they approach and force them to spread out.  The Alacorn and Schiltron are both 3/5.
I remember the pilot issue with the Centurion/Firestarter.  If the GSF is willing to put together a C3 network, I will bring the Firestarter.  If not, I will go with the Centurion.
I'll bring the Griffin, but I need to know what everyone else is bringing before I decide on the final unit.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1172 on: 10 November 2020, 17:19:30 »
New plot twist: a student in my school has tested positive for coronavirus.  We are online-only for the rest of the week.  I feel fine, but I wonder if it would be best if I skip the game to avoid passing an infection that is symptomless.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1173 on: 10 November 2020, 18:16:40 »
New plot twist: a student in my school has tested positive for coronavirus.  We are online-only for the rest of the week.  I feel fine, but I wonder if it would be best if I skip the game to avoid passing an infection that is symptomless.

I will recommend you stay home. No need to take a chance.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1174 on: 10 November 2020, 19:43:07 »
Agreed.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1175 on: 11 November 2020, 11:40:55 »
Update: after standing two hours in line, my COVID test came back negative. Once more, I have dodged the reaper! Yes, I know I’ll pay for saying that.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1176 on: 11 November 2020, 20:01:57 »
Good to hear about the test, but to be honest I think your approach to the "Reaper" is wrong. :D
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1177 on: 12 November 2020, 06:16:22 »
Suggestions?

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1178 on: 12 November 2020, 16:13:22 »
"get up in his face." Be a damn New Yorker. :D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1179 on: 12 November 2020, 16:56:15 »
Are you sure about that?  Remember, he can't be killed- He's Death. xp

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #1180 on: 12 November 2020, 20:48:52 »
But he can be Melvined!

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1181 on: 13 November 2020, 02:06:18 »
But he can be Melvined!

OH that can be real bad  >:D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1182 on: 13 November 2020, 06:26:12 »
But he can be Melvined!
Have you seen the size of that scythe? :o

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1183 on: 13 November 2020, 11:51:46 »
Once more forces are moving on the Mushashi Estate and the will need help. They have two different forces moving on them, one from the west and one from the north. Your mission is to deal with the unit from the north.

Your mission is to delay or destroy this force.

You must hold the field for 10 or more turns, unless you destroy the enemy defore that.

Player units get normal force mix. 1 'Mech, 1 Armored, 1 Infantry and 1 you pick.

Any units that have just been used on solo missions are out for this mission.

I am adding a new rule to the campaign. As most all players now have one or more units that are elite these elite units will get to use the extreme range bracket.

So the units that have a natural gunnery of 2 or lower get to use this rule.

Good luck and pick your forces well.
this is what the Hammers are bringing to the party

wolverine wvr-8k

owens ow-1
           with clan elemental battle armor

saladin assault hover tank LBX

bandit hover tank h
            with 2 squads of is battle armor 

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1184 on: 13 November 2020, 23:15:21 »
Update: after standing two hours in line, my COVID test came back negative. Once more, I have dodged the reaper! Yes, I know I’ll pay for saying that.

If you think you are clear then come out. if not then stay home.

Just a reminder for all you will need a mask and Grimm has a $5 cover charge.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1185 on: 14 November 2020, 08:04:44 »
I'm not sure what the incubation period is, so I won't take any chances.  There have been other cases identified, so the kids aren't allowed back into the building until November 30.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1186 on: 14 November 2020, 11:44:10 »
I'm not sure what the incubation period is, so I won't take any chances.  There have been other cases identified, so the kids aren't allowed back into the building until November 30.

two weeks is the norm.

Bleusman

• Private
  • Here Prince Hanse, have a cheeseburger.
« Reply #1187 on: 14 November 2020, 20:43:35 »
Eureka! I am back on finally.

I have to apologize ladies and gentlemen, I will not be able to make it tomorrow. Conflict came up.

Hope to see everyone at the next event.
Urbanmech, the myth, the legend, the Urbie!

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1188 on: 17 November 2020, 17:36:52 »
So how did Sunday go?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1189 on: 17 November 2020, 18:04:15 »
So how did Sunday go?

The line held. They are still around but not heading south at this time  ::)

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #1190 on: 26 November 2020, 17:47:55 »
Happy Thanksgiving all.
Strength Through Perseverance

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1191 on: 26 November 2020, 19:21:18 »
***PRIVATE MESSAGE***

To: Major Kiah Franks

Re: An unexpected find

Hello, Major.  You may remember me as Colonel Greyjoy's Assistant Chief Technician from Camp Haken.  My subordinate and I are at the Enclave with Annette Hammond.  Ms. Hammond salvages and keeps damaged 'Mechs brought in to Nejiro from elsewhere.  While looking to acquire new Battlemech for my cousin, Maria Botley, we came across an unusual find, a FFL-4DA Firefly 'Mech.  One of the more interesting characteristics of this unit is that it mounts a Light Fusion Engine that is produced in your former nation of the Lyran Alliance.  Sadly, the 'Mech is in a shambles after being involved most likely in the Ghost Bear/Combine war of a few years ago.  The engine is heavily damaged in addition to all the other things broken on it.  There's no way my unit could repair such a piece of technology,  but since the engine came from your old home, I figure you might know somebody who knows somebody that could get the parts to fix it much more easily than we could.  On top of that, you could probably get the 'Mech for much less then you would for a brand-new model.  Just thought I'd mention this to you if you want another 'Mech for your unit.  We'll be in touch if you need us.

Sincerely,

Julia Goodbrother
Asst. Chief Tech., The Ironborn

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1192 on: 29 November 2020, 16:46:07 »
Where did you get the Firefly?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1193 on: 29 November 2020, 23:52:58 »

Is this an OOG question?  If it's not, you don't know.  My previous post was for Kiah only (no meta-gaming  :P).

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1194 on: 30 November 2020, 11:52:15 »

in the cupboard behind the sugar , lol

;D

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1195 on: 30 November 2020, 12:14:17 »
***PRIVATE MESSAGE***

Hello, Major.  You may remember me as Colonel Greyjoy's Assistant Chief Technician from Camp Haken.  My subordinate and I are at the Enclave with Annette Hammond.  Ms. Hammond salvages and keeps damaged 'Mechs brought in to Nejiro from elsewhere.  While looking to acquire new Battlemech for my cousin, Maria Botley, we came across an unusual find, a FFL-4DA Firefly 'Mech.  One of the more interesting characteristics of this unit is that it mounts a Light Fusion Engine that is produced in your former nation of the Lyran Alliance.  Sadly, the 'Mech is in a shambles after being involved most likely in the Ghost Bear/Combine war of a few years ago.  The engine is heavily damaged in addition to all the other things broken on it.  There's no way my unit could repair such a piece of technology,  but since the engine came from your old home, I figure you might know somebody who knows somebody that could get the parts to fix it much more easily than we could.  On top of that, you could probably get the 'Mech for much less then you would for a brand-new model.  Just thought I'd mention this to you if you want another 'Mech for your unit.  We'll be in touch if you need us.

Sincerely,

Julia Goodbrother

********private message *****
To: Warrant Officer Julia Goodbrother

Good day Warrant officer Julia Goodbrother,

Yes i do remember you, i wish to personally thank you for this information. i am having my people contact
Ms. Hammond regarding this matter. i have sent you a small token of gratitude for this information and i hope your endeavors at the Enclave where fruitful for you.

if you need assistance in transporting anything i do have a heavy transport vehicle i would be more then pleased to utilize to assist you as a further thank you for this information.

Sincerely

Major Kiah Franks

(shortly after receiving this message Julia receives a case of 200 year old scotch -from a Kiah's personnel family brewery - bottled on Planet Ford)

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1196 on: 30 November 2020, 19:16:13 »
********private message *****
To: Warrant Officer Julia Goodbrother

Good day Warrant officer Julia Goodbrother,

Yes i do remember you, i wish to personally thank you for this information. i am having my people contact
Ms. Hammond regarding this matter. i have sent you a small token of gratitude for this information and i hope your endeavors at the Enclave where fruitful for you.

if you need assistance in transporting anything i do have a heavy transport vehicle i would be more then pleased to utilize to assist you as a further thank you for this information.

Sincerely

Major Kiah Franks

(shortly after receiving this message Julia receives a case of 200 year old scotch -from a Kiah's personnel family brewery - bottled on Planet Ford)

***PRIVATE MESSAGE***

Technician Fuka Hiyami and I were able to acquire a (slightly used) PXH-1K Phoenix Hawk 'Mech for my cousin Maria from Ms. Hammond.  She also has a selection of old Succession Wars-era Battlemechs in various states of damage and disrepair, including a Locust 1V,  Stinger 3G, Wasp 1K, Commando 2D, Firestarter 9-H, Sentinel 3K, Crab 20, Guillotine 4L, Orion 1K, and a Banshee 3E.  All will require some serious repair work and refurbishment to get them in fighting shape again.

If you wish to send a heavy transport to bring Maria's 'Mech to Camp Haken right away once it's been bought and paid for, it would be appreciated. 

Thank you for the gift as well, Major.  I trust it'll be waiting for me once I get back to base.

Sincerely,

Julia Goodbrother

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1197 on: 01 December 2020, 09:33:32 »
 :drool: nice haul. WISH I COULD DO SOMETHING ON THIS PLANET.  A thumb tack has more uses.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1198 on: 01 December 2020, 11:52:55 »
:drool: nice haul. WISH I COULD DO SOMETHING ON THIS PLANET.  A thumb tack has more uses.

you still have to have your sit down with the boss lady. and keeping an eye on Hilo is major.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1199 on: 01 December 2020, 12:26:08 »
To: Chiji/Tai-sa Saganami, Sho-sa Josef, Cho-sa Westfield , Sho-sa Kalakaua, Major Franks, Captain Bonanno, Major Cranson, Colonel Grayjoy, Tai-i Roads, Kapten Bjomsen and Major Bosche.

As some of you already know members of my GomGuard security force were involved in a battle with force of Word of Blake a few days ago. For the others that did not know I am informing of this at this time. This action took place about 30 kilometers south-west of the ComStar station. My forces stopped most WoB units but some did slip past and are now operating in the area around the station. The ComGuard unit involved took some causalities but nothing too serious. This unit will be of limited service until they can repair the damage taken due to this action. I am forced to keep more of the ComGuard units close to the station until the WoB units that got past my first line are found. The good news is that we do have personal from this unit and are questioning them to see just what Word of Blake is doing on world. I will have units to work with the defense of Nijero but just not as many.

Register