Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 174786 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #1230 on: 20 December 2020, 09:35:54 »
Do we have a mission for the 27th?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1231 on: 20 December 2020, 17:26:26 »
Do we have a mission for the 27th?

We will be doing the open for the Ironborn test out as long as the bug lets us

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #1232 on: 21 December 2020, 06:27:06 »
I won't be able to make it Sunday. Have fun for me.
Strength Through Perseverance

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1233 on: 21 December 2020, 07:28:31 »
We will be doing the open for the Ironborn test out as long as the bug lets us
What forces should we bring?  Are the units from the personal missions back to their bases yet?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1234 on: 21 December 2020, 11:14:34 »
What forces should we bring?  Are the units from the personal missions back to their bases yet?

all needed items will be on hand all you will need are you dice.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1235 on: 21 December 2020, 17:34:20 »
So our Dice need to attend but we don't. That's awesome!
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1236 on: 21 December 2020, 17:49:06 »
So our Dice need to attend but we don't. That's awesome!

Yup. The dice do the work  >:D

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #1237 on: 25 December 2020, 13:37:57 »
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. Hope everyone Has a great day.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1238 on: 25 December 2020, 13:52:29 »
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. Hope everyone Has a great day.

Thank You  :thumbsup: May you have a great one too  :thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1239 on: 25 December 2020, 17:42:26 »
Merry Winter Solstice, Merry Christmas, and/or Happy Holidays to all! :thumbsup:

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #1240 on: 26 December 2020, 20:08:46 »
Stay safe tomorrow, everyone.

And have fun.  :D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1241 on: 28 December 2020, 08:26:37 »
Ogremage, Thank you for the Christmas present. :thumbsup:
Actually, I've been looking for a generic desert paint scheme for a clan force and your gift is what I am looking for. :thumbsup:

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1242 on: 28 December 2020, 16:58:38 »
Indeed, Ogremage, thank you. 

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1243 on: 31 December 2020, 21:55:56 »
NP. Hope you enjoy them and use them. For those that weren't able to make it to the last game. Anthony has minis for each of you.

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #1244 on: 01 January 2021, 18:56:20 »
Happy new year everyone. I hope everyone has a most excellent year ahead of them.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1245 on: 07 January 2021, 22:25:34 »
So for the trials all my units are available to participate, as the shooting of the pirates was  as if Crash was rolling. :D

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1246 on: 08 January 2021, 22:14:05 »
Ogremage: Once we get to the through the second stage of the trials, we'll probably take your guys up on that.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1247 on: 10 January 2021, 16:27:22 »
OK so we are setup for the 31st for round 2 of the Ironborn test out.

this will be a 3 team setup. each team will have 3 members.

the teams are
Team 1
Freyja Blacktyde   (4/5)   WVR-7M Wolverine
Jurgen Blacktyde   (4/5)   TR1 Wraith
Bors Harlaw      (4/6)   HMR-3M Hammer

Team 2
Fuka Hiyami   (5/4)   DRG-1G Grand Dragon
Theon Greyjoy   (4/6)   BZK-F3 Hollander
Asha Greyjoy   (4/6)   FNHK-9K Falcon Hawk

Team 3
Victarion Greyjoy   (4/5)   MAD-5M Marauder
Beryl Greyjoy      (4/5)   HMR-3M Hammer
Isolde Botley      (4/6)   ABS-4C Anubis

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1248 on: 10 January 2021, 17:03:41 »
How are we handling player assignments?  I'd like to play Isolde Botley.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1249 on: 10 January 2021, 19:02:51 »
jimdigris: I think that can be arranged if you have that preference.  I don't mind.

shadhawk: I'll use Fuka's team, which I guess leaves Freyja's team for Chris.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1250 on: 11 January 2021, 13:07:08 »
How are we handling player assignments?  I'd like to play Isolde Botley.

I have no problems with people picking units they want to play.

jimdigris: I think that can be arranged if you have that preference.  I don't mind.

shadhawk: I'll use Fuka's team, which I guess leaves Freyja's team for Chris.

I see no problem with this.

Do keep in mind we may have a couple of other players. the limit is still 6 at Grim. so teams may have extra players.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1251 on: 15 January 2021, 01:34:41 »
“Sir I have a blip on radar.” The tech calls over to his duty officer.
“Any ID on it?”
“Negative sir, it looks to be from Nejiro.”
“Keep a track on it. If he heads our way have the patrol intercept it.”
“Roger that sir.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1252 on: 27 January 2021, 02:57:29 »
“Sir that blip is not going to be a problem.”
“Did you get a read on it?”
“Yes sir looks to be a Seeker Class DropShip.”
“OK, keep your eyes open for any more ships.”
‘Yes Sir.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1253 on: 27 January 2021, 02:58:13 »
“Look the only reason we’re hav’n this meet is you told me you could get me hooked with a major player.” She looks over the table. “Now if you can’t then stop wasting my time.” She has a very hard edge in her voice.
“Look I will get you that meet, but it will take a bit longer then I figured.” He looks very scared. “The one I was looking to get you to meet with has not been around for a few days”.
“Listen, well little man I am not someone you want looking for you.” She takes a drink from her mug. “I will find you. You won’t like what I’ll do to ya. I paid you good money, make it happen. SOON.” She finishes her drink and heads out.

“I have been looking for you. I have someone that needs to meet with you.” Walking down the street. “I know you have a lot going on but this person has information I know you want.” Going into the tavern. “We need to talk real soon to set this up.”

“So this where we be at. That little slime has not done his job yet. I told him he better get it done and soon.” She looks over her crew. “We have to change up or we will all get fried.” The group looks at each other and nods. “I will give him a couple more days and then find someone who can get this done. Then find that slime and put him back under his rock.”
“Look you said that we were going to do our own thing, not work for others.” The younger woman looks the older one in the eye. “We all joined up with you because you said that we were going to use the robes to startup then fill in the void. Now you want to work for the locals. WHY?”
“Well sweetie, as you can see the robes ain’t doing so well. They just had the Mercs get pasted and from what I have gathered they got plastered by the Black Dracs. You think they ain’t going to drops in a grinder?” The older woman looks back. “We got no way off this rock. We got a chance with the locals.”
“Look me and mine are out old lady. We don’t want no government telling us what to do.”
“Find young one keep going that way and all of you will be twisting on a rope.” She looks over her crew. “I won’t tell you what to do. I only offer a way that won’t get you neck stretched.”

“Man where have you been?” He looks nervous. “I have been trying to get you for days.”
“You think I am on your payroll?”
“No, no way man. It’s just I got someone that was a confab with you ASAP.” Looking at the other man. “She ain’t the type that likes being put on hold.”
“And this is my problem how?” He looks over the man at the table. “If you said you could deliver something you can’t that is on you.”
“Look she has info I know you want. But she won’t talk with just anyone.” He takes a swig form his mug. “When have I ever given you bad info?” He looks to his mug. “I may have not had it the fastest but it has always been good.”
“OK I will give to that.” Jack gets the barmaid to bring two more. “So what do you have for me?”
“Well I got this lady …. Very, very scary lady that wants to talk about employment. She and her crew were working for the robes and don’t like much how the robes dropped them Mercs in the grinder. Not good for biz so they want out.”
“And just why would I offer they work?”
“Well for one they ain’t killed anyone. They made sure even when they kicked some cans a couple weeks back to give back the crews.” He takes the fresh mug. “Look you got a rep, that other crew you took in kind of the same.”
“OK so they have not broken rule one. Why do you think they can be trusted?”
“Well for one she ain’t like any pirate I have dealt with before. Something about this one tells me she be more dangerous.” He looks around. “Mind if I get something to eat?”
Jack looks for the barmaid. “Can we get some food over this way?” Looks back to the other man. “If she is a pirate she should be dangerous. It goes with the job.”
“No man you don’t understand. When I say dangerous I’m talking like you dangerous.”
“Well I don’t know if I should be flattered or pissed off.” Jack checks around. “OK set this up. Tell her I will meet up with her here. She gets to bring no more than three others. She brings any more no deal of any type.” He looks over the place once more. “Tell her two days and at 1am.”
They enjoy the stew that the barmaid brings.

“Look I told ya I would deliver and I have. He will meet ya at the Tavern by the river. The day after tomorrow at 1am. He said no more then you and three others. You show heavier no deals of any kind.”
“OK little man, if this be some trap you won’t be around long after.”

At 1am she walks in and Jack is sitting at a table towards the back of the place. He stands up and offers the lady a chair. Her three guards take up places at the bar and other tables. She takes the seat offered.
“I understand you are looking for employment.” Jack takes his seat. “I am always looking for people of skill. I’m Jack.”
“Ching Shi. I think you will be impressed with my peoples skill set.” She looks Jack over.
“Barkeep some food and drink.” He looks around. “For the others also.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1254 on: 27 January 2021, 03:00:01 »
just a little something  >:D

also we are still on for part of the Ironborn  :thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1255 on: 27 January 2021, 15:18:07 »
Be advised, there may be snow on Sunday.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1256 on: 27 January 2021, 21:29:32 »
What is this thing called snow?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1257 on: 28 January 2021, 06:24:43 »
Miniature ninja throwing stars favored by weather gods during wintertime. :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1258 on: 28 January 2021, 12:01:53 »
“So have you finished your personal quest yet?” Jack asks.
“Not yet. I have a few to deal with.” Jonah answers.
“Who about some help with this?” Jack offers “You are needed for other things.”
“I took this on and I need to finish it.”
“I understand that but you are needed for more important things. If my teams help you this will be over much sooner. We will only we will only find the last ones and you can do what needs to be done.”
“I can do this.”
“Yes you can but as I have just said a few times we have other work that needs you. So let me help.”
“OK but I deal with the problems, you just find them.”
« Last Edit: 28 January 2021, 12:31:01 by shadhawk »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1259 on: 28 January 2021, 12:02:46 »
The barmaid brings a couple of mugs of ale.
“You seem very at ease for someone that has very little with whom he is dealing with.”
“I have some idea of who you and your friends are.” Jack picks up one of the mugs. “If you were looking to just kill me you need not go to these lengths.”
“Very true but finding you would have taken longer.” She lifts up her mug.
“I think your friends should kick back a bit and enjoy.” He looks at the others. “If I was going to kill you all of you would be in the ground.” He looks over at the others and gives them a smile and lifts his mug to them. “So what type of work are you looking for?”
“Wow a man that gets right to the point of things.” She smiles at him.
“We are both pros so why dance around?”
“Very true. What we are looking for is freelance work. We can do jobs that your other personal cannot.” She takes a drink and signals the others to join them at the table. “We can work with them when necessary. But we would be best for independent work.”
“So what do you bring to the table?” Jack sits back. “From what I have found out you have been trouble for us for the six months. Your work has been all over the planet, you have gotten around.” Jack looks them over once more. “Look I did not walk in blind. I do know more if you want me to continue.” He looks Ching in the eye, she nods. “Your group is from the CapCom.  Not all that former from what I have found out. My best estimate is a mission that was off the books and now you cannot go back due to some of your actions.” He lifts his mug. “So how am I doing so far?”
“Not too bad for a field operative. I was told you had some offers but you turned them down Sho-ko.” She looks him in the eye. “I will cut to the chase. My work for all former employers is over. I do not like when those above think that I or the members of my team are pawns. We are all professionals and not something play things.” She looks over her crew. “My crew as you already know by you words, I do have others that will follow me. Some that I have worked with will be doing what they want.”
“Well I am sure that something can be worked out. You have been careful so far and that works for you. I will see what the Governor has to say about this. I do know one thing she will say, do not cross us. I will say the same Sang-wei.”
“That is a given.” She looks at him with a dirty look. “Playing that game is more in line with both of my former employers. I do not have the resources for that type of game any way.”
‘What are you bringing to the table?” He looks to the barmaid. She moves to get more food and drink. “She will want to know just what she is paying for.”
“I have a company of ‘Mechs and a couple of tanks at this time. I may be able to get my hands on some battle armor. That is if I am working for you and you do not have a problem with me pulling a raid.”
“A raid is no problem as long as does not land on us.”
“Well the current owns will not be happy and you are having trouble with then already.” She smiles.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2021, 12:35:36 by shadhawk »