Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 140569 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #240 on: 03 June 2020, 13:19:52 »
also I do not think they simply killed everyone, the survivors just have no ability to produce any type of space flight.  Almost a 'back to the Stone Age' scenario
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #241 on: 03 June 2020, 13:25:07 »
Fox-Sharks (or is it Shark-Foxes?)

Its Shark Foxes, no hyphen.   :thumbsup:
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #242 on: 03 June 2020, 14:12:50 »
Its Shark Foxes, no hyphen.   :thumbsup:

Who cares! just sneak in and pick us up off these rocks!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #243 on: 03 June 2020, 14:21:21 »
Who cares! just sneak in and pick us up off these rocks!

We should have done that.  The more Clans, the merrier!

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Annwn

• Corporal
« Reply #244 on: 05 June 2020, 17:59:46 »
If anything, I think it's more likely that the Blood Spirits didn't quite put all their eggs in one basket (ie why not a remote outpost or colony) and/or there were various units/merchant case/etc that weren't in the system when this all went down.  The writing was on the wall for a very long time that the Adders were likely going to eventually wipe them out and that there was nothing the Spirits could do to halt it really.  Even the retreat to Colleen was little more than some time bought to the unstoppable Adder menace.  The Spirits had been attacked & bled by the other Clans for a very long time and most of their "allies" were gone or had left. 

Of course, Battletech is full of people/governments/etc that ignore the obvious for narrative reasons, but the Spirits should have been able to forsee a potential annihilation - or the least that they'd lose all their assets (which happened before the Adders' "absorption" to some extent anyways).  As such, it's logical that they had a plan B - even if it was potentially a very weak plan B.  They just had to sell their destruction and it had to be common knowledge that they'd never be able to escape with the bulk of the Clan. 

The Jaguars, Nova Cats, Clan (Jade) Wolf, Wolverines, etc are all examples of Clans that should be gone surviving.  The only ones to truly stay dead might be Mongoose, Widowmaker, and (maybe) Burrock.  But even Burrock had their own return - and could even still exist.  It just depends on what Catalyst wants to do with them.  There's certainly a ton of plot hooks out there in the Clan homeworlds. 

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #245 on: 06 June 2020, 19:52:08 »
There is a few small possibilitys of Blood Spirit Remnants beside the hint we see in one Dark Age novel. The afore mentioned Green Ghosts sporting Blood Spirit markings come to mind but there was one other from WoR that always made me think. One was that the Adders mantain patrols over Blood Spirit worlds and even shot down escaping dropships that were trying to escape...to where exactly? I think there were other survivors on jumpships awaiting those dropships, ones the Adders failed to kill.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #246 on: 25 June 2020, 14:12:50 »
I have an option 2 for the Blood Spirit's during the formation of Wolf's Dragoon's the Blood Spirits were able to send a offsoldiers --- both trueborn and freebirth to assist them in there mission and secondary mission to look for a possible area to relocate after the possible invasion of the Inner sphere.

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #247 on: 27 June 2020, 13:09:11 »
The Tortuga Dominions seem like a good spot for the Blood Spirits to relocate to, at least location wise. Resources could be another issue.

The Marian Hegemony could be an interesting idea also.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #248 on: 08 July 2020, 14:53:53 »
The most elite unit of the spirt touman was the blood guard which was a whole cluster! Of assault or heavy mechs! With a unit that big do we know if any binary or trinaries were rotated out to assist in other campaigns?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #249 on: 18 July 2020, 20:42:41 »
The most elite unit of the spirt touman was the blood guard which was a whole cluster! Of assault or heavy mechs! With a unit that big do we know if any binary or trinaries were rotated out to assist in other campaigns?

The Blood Guard Keshik actually disappears from the record. There not reported actually destroyed so I always used that as another possibility the Clan survived in some form. On another 'Hidden Colony'.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #250 on: 21 July 2020, 09:01:44 »
The Blood Guard Keshik actually disappears from the record. There not reported actually destroyed so I always used that as another possibility the Clan survived in some form. On another 'Hidden Colony'.

I wish I could believe that but I am inclined to think they died with khan Schmidt when she was shot out of the sky.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #251 on: 21 July 2020, 20:06:45 »

I wish I could believe that but I am inclined to think they died with khan Schmidt when she was shot out of the sky.

Too early in the WoR I think. They would have been quickly rebuilt and if Khan Schmidt survived so would many of the warriors as well and many of the Mechs. About the only point I could see them being destroyed is during the Steel Viper Annihilation but you would think it would get a note saying it was destroyed during that assault.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #252 on: 21 July 2020, 21:23:35 »
Wasn't it destroyed on Haven with the rest of the last vestiges of the Spirits?  I know it was not specifically said, but that is where I would think it would be destroyed.   In combat, or bombarded from orbit.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #253 on: 21 July 2020, 21:38:16 »
I hope the Adders 'get theirs' too  :smirk:

The face of the Clans has been altered considerably a few times already, one more big one!

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #254 on: 21 July 2020, 22:23:09 »
The best 'What if' to think on is if the Blood Spirits had after the Fall of Huntress and the Clan defeat by the reborn SLDF had chosen rather than to sulk but look towards a invading Clan to offer there service to as a garrison force in the Inner Sphere to free up another Clans forces. The Bears wouldnt need to but I could see the Wolves using the Spirits to garrison the Hade Falcon border or the Periphery holdings.

I have thought about this recently but in a slightly different way. On the old HeavyMetal forums a poster that went by Shades of Grey played in a group that had the Star Adders and Hell's Horses ally and invade the Wolf Clan Occupation Zone in 3068 (( don't believe the Jihad happened in this particular universe). The two Clans defeated the Wolves and split their occupation zone, annihilating the Crusader Wolves pretty much in the process. The Adders were on the Falcon side and the Horses were on the Bears side of the zone. The Free Rasalhague Republic even managed to recover a few worlds in the process and the Wolves ended up reunited but much weakened.

Here is where my AU idea on this AU comes in. The Star Adders still come into possession of the information about Clan Burrock but instead of going to the Grand Council with it they bring it to the Spirits and allow them to bring it before the Grand Council in exchange for the use of Blood Spirit troops at a later date. The Burrocks still get annihilated and you could say the Spirits are setup the same way as they were in Field Manual Crusader Clans, minus the enmity for Clan Star Adder. The Star Adders/Hell's Horses go to war against the Wolves and the Star Adders call on the deal they made with the Blood Spirits to use their troops in the now Star Adder Occupation Zone as garrison troops until the Adders get settled in and no longer need the Spirit troops. While an agreement is is place that the Spirits are not allowed to take any Star Adder worlds, there is nothing in the agreement that says the Spirits cannot take away any Falcon worlds as long as they do not lose any Star Adder worlds in the process.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #255 on: 22 July 2020, 10:29:24 »
Adders passing info to theSpirits?  I like it.

Promise of troops, possibly also having Adder troops have right to trial to be included in absorption/annihilation.  They can foster a low level feud later as I am sure there would be some issue to happen.  Toss in a side salad of Society affecting Adders more than Spirits.

[edit: common fallacy of not reading my posts out-loud before I 'save']
« Last Edit: 22 July 2020, 13:53:19 by Wolf72 »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #256 on: 22 July 2020, 13:50:51 »
Adders passing info Spirits?  I like it.

Promise of troops, possibly also having Adder troops have right to trial to be included in absorption/annihilation.  They can foster a low level feud later as I am sure there would be some issue to happen.  Toss in a side salad of Society affecting Adders more than Spirits.

That is good stuff! I have always thought the spirits would have been great as a reserve clan/spear carrier for another clan such as the ravens or sharks

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #257 on: 22 July 2020, 14:54:09 »
Adders passing info to theSpirits?  I like it.

[edit: common fallacy of not reading my posts out-loud before I 'save']

I am sure the Adders would want to participate and I am also sure one side or the other would feel they didn't get their "proper share" of the Burrock holdings, especially the warriors that would not want to serve Clan Blood Spirit and do everything they can to be absorbed by the Adders. That explains the Burrock warriors listed as part of Clan Star Adder in FM: CC.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #258 on: 22 July 2020, 15:07:59 »
Still need an angle to rip at the Adder's underbelly ... Mabye some Burrocks go WidowMaker (nuke) on them, trying to blame BS but it doesn't quite have the same effect.

WoR goes into effect: Adders not so strong as they used to be; Spirits make up that lost strength, Vipers manage to survive-ish the way many Coyotes made it through the Society (finding a way to survive in the end/break from main clan).

Mandrills get absorbed/accepted into differing clans.

Adders hold grudge (equally reciprocated) as they blame Spirits for 'dragging' them in to the Burrock fight.

Horses still leave, surviving council gives Stone Lions a chance (vs Adder Kahn).

lots of crazy ideas floating around here!

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #259 on: 10 August 2020, 23:52:33 »
Is anyone else planning to use either the Lupus or the Woodsman in their Blood Spirit units? The Lupus would fit well with the standard engine and the Woodsman also fits pretty well, even though it has fixed MASC.

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #260 on: 10 August 2020, 23:54:03 »
Still need an angle to rip at the Adder's underbelly ... Mabye some Burrocks go WidowMaker (nuke) on them, trying to blame BS but it doesn't quite have the same effect.

WoR goes into effect: Adders not so strong as they used to be; Spirits make up that lost strength, Vipers manage to survive-ish the way many Coyotes made it through the Society (finding a way to survive in the end/break from main clan).

Mandrills get absorbed/accepted into differing clans.

Adders hold grudge (equally reciprocated) as they blame Spirits for 'dragging' them in to the Burrock fight.

Horses still leave, surviving council gives Stone Lions a chance (vs Adder Kahn).

lots of crazy ideas floating around here!

I like it.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #261 on: 11 August 2020, 07:17:16 »
Is anyone else planning to use either the Lupus or the Woodsman in their Blood Spirit units? The Lupus would fit well with the standard engine and the Woodsman also fits pretty well, even though it has fixed MASC.

Yes and yes. These are the type of old school mechs I have in my units

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #262 on: 11 August 2020, 15:26:22 »
I've been using the Woodsmen in my Alpha Galaxy for years.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #263 on: 11 August 2020, 16:56:17 »
I've been using the Woodsmen in my Alpha Galaxy for years.

Any Picts you can share?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #264 on: 11 August 2020, 17:00:48 »
Any Picts you can share?

Sure, give me a bit.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #267 on: 11 August 2020, 17:31:36 »
It worked! And he is rolling with a good crew

I really like running my Blood Spirits as the 'scraping the barrels' with only a single front line Mech with the rest of the Star using IIc or second line Battlemechs. If I lose, well I had second line gear. If I win, my opponent lost to second line gear.

And I honestly bet the Woodsman soldiered on in the Blood Spirits forces far longer than they did in any other Clan.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #268 on: 11 August 2020, 19:24:05 »
+1 to nice looking crew!

And Woodsman makes a fine BS mech.  I could imagine the Wolves even selling-trialing off extras to the Spirits -- nah, they'd probably make their own Brian cache's for emergencies (I would).

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #269 on: 11 August 2020, 19:30:28 »
Thanks for a great reminder why CBS Alpha Galaxy has to have one of the best-looking schemes in all of BattleTech! Aside from the Smoke Jaguars of course.

I really like running my Blood Spirits as the 'scraping the barrels' with only a single front line Mech with the rest of the Star using IIc or second line Battlemechs. If I lose, well I had second line gear. If I win, my opponent lost to second line gear.

And I honestly bet the Woodsman soldiered on in the Blood Spirits forces far longer than they did in any other Clan.

Uh, I count four OmniMechs in that Star...? Or do you mean you ordinarily go for a 1:4 ratio of Omnis to BattleMechs?

And I would agree wholeheartedly on the Woodsman, I wouldn't take that bet with my worst enemy's money.  :fine_print:
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I