Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 138930 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #270 on: 11 August 2020, 20:02:40 »
Old omnimechs are fair game imo
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #271 on: 11 August 2020, 20:04:19 »
Thanks for a great reminder why CBS Alpha Galaxy has to have one of the best-looking schemes in all of BattleTech! Aside from the Smoke Jaguars of course.

Uh, I count four OmniMechs in that Star...? Or do you mean you ordinarily go for a 1:4 ratio of Omnis to BattleMechs?

And I would agree wholeheartedly on the Woodsman, I wouldn't take that bet with my worst enemy's money.  :fine_print:

None of those are what any Clan would use for a front line star. No major Omni's at least. Yes the Woodsman is a Omni. A old one no one else uses. The Crossbow is a very unliked design that few warriors would willingly pilot. The Grendel was just what I had laying around. I've used a lot of Second line mechs for other Stars! Stopping Hawk because damn, I just needed a Stooping Hawk! I have a full Trinary of Alpha Galaxy and a Full Trinary of Bloodguard Keshik and a Binary of Tau Galaxy with one Star made up of Proto's. I thought I had another Star of Proto's but they have been lost somewhere.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #272 on: 11 August 2020, 21:07:56 »
I really like running my Blood Spirits as the 'scraping the barrels' with only a single front line Mech with the rest of the Star using IIc or second line Battlemechs. If I lose, well I had second line gear. If I win, my opponent lost to second line gear.

And I honestly bet the Woodsman soldiered on in the Blood Spirits forces far longer than they did in any other Clan.

Once we get TRO golden century I hope we get more woodsman ( what an odd name!) variants as I love that mech. From the little we know about it, it was wolf exclusive but I have to imagine a few got away over the centuries.

I am surprised the spirits never trialed to win this design as it fits their style very well.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #273 on: 24 August 2020, 17:11:31 »
So after discovering a few weeks back I just have a single Binary of Tau Galaxy I have decided to rectify this. So I need some ideas for mechs for a medium/light Star. I already have a Star of Protomechs and a Heavy/Assault Star. So a good light star is needed! Any ideas? Preference is for second line designs or just plain rare. Something that screams 'scraping the barrel'. And nothing that would be Star League as well unless it's a known IIc.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2020, 17:13:55 by Stormlion1 »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #274 on: 24 August 2020, 20:05:31 »
So after discovering a few weeks back I just have a single Binary of Tau Galaxy I have decided to rectify this. So I need some ideas for mechs for a medium/light Star. I already have a Star of Protomechs and a Heavy/Assault Star. So a good light star is needed! Any ideas? Preference is for second line designs or just plain rare. Something that screams 'scraping the barrel'. And nothing that would be Star League as well unless it's a known IIc.

If you are building in the post absorption war era may I suggest the: crimson languer?

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #275 on: 24 August 2020, 20:16:59 »
Conjurer and Peregrine....I think they are excellent so called second line non omni. Vixen can be your speed demon

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #276 on: 24 August 2020, 21:08:14 »
will add in the Crimson Hawk, although I hear it works best if zellbrigen (sp) is not being followed as it is too light to hang in a slug fest.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #277 on: 25 August 2020, 06:23:35 »
will add in the Crimson Hawk, although I hear it works best if zellbrigen (sp) is not being followed as it is too light to hang in a slug fest.
In general that's true, but it varies based on the variant. The original has paired ERLL while the 2 has paired HLL and both move 5/8/5. We all can see which is the better Zell option there. The 3 has an ERLL, an ERML, 6 IJJ, and 5/8 ground speed. Kind of weird, but you can jump around all day without overheating. The 4 came with TRO3145's NTNU recordsheets and it moves 5/8/3, but has an ERLL, a pair of ERMLs, a Heavy Flamer, and a TC. Not as cool running as all but the 2, nor as jumpy as any of them, but likely a variant newer than the Blood Spirits and thus out of consideration.

I'd go with an original, but stay the heck at long range. Each version carries over 96% armor, but at only 25 tons that's not much protection.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #278 on: 25 August 2020, 07:10:28 »
If you are building in the post absorption war era may I suggest the: crimson languer?

I generally build my Blood Spirits so they fit just before the WoR. Let's me add the good toys. At the moment I'm figuring on a mix of two mediums and three lights.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #279 on: 25 August 2020, 20:34:10 »
I generally build my Blood Spirits so they fit just before the WoR. Let's me add the good toys. At the moment I'm figuring on a mix of two mediums and three lights.

Then you could include the languer and any mandrill design as things got tighter between both clans

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #280 on: 03 September 2020, 19:42:35 »
Best laid plans I guess. I planned this weekend to sit down, figure out what I needed and place an order to fill out the Star. And I break my glasses. Costs so much I'm gonna have to put off getting the Star for about two weeks. Did find a Cougar though in a box so I may use that for one mech.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #281 on: 03 September 2020, 20:11:07 »
that crunching sound is the sound of nightmares for me ... I can't function without mine, so I rarely take them off (sleep and what not).

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #282 on: 03 September 2020, 20:13:27 »
that crunching sound is the sound of nightmares for me ... I can't function without mine, so I rarely take them off (sleep and what not).

That's why I keep the old set or invest in a spare set. I literally cannot function without mine either.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #283 on: 04 September 2020, 08:01:52 »
That's why I keep the old set or invest in a spare set. I literally cannot function without mine either.

In a case even! lol

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #284 on: 04 September 2020, 10:45:23 »
In a case even! lol

Well, I do hear that CASE prevents damage...  ::)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #285 on: 04 September 2020, 13:11:59 »
How to turn this into a BS theme ...

Having a secondary Genetic store with even better protection?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #286 on: 04 September 2020, 19:32:32 »
OK, looking at the second line mechs available on IWM's and here are the choices I'm considering. Hankyu, Hunchback IIc, Baboon 2, Corvis, Ice Storm, Jenner IIc, Lobo, Snow Fox, Spirit, and the Wyvern IIc. These are all Mechs I don't own already. I also have a Viper and a Cougar on hand which I plan on using at least one one in this Star.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #287 on: 05 September 2020, 08:55:30 »
OK, looking at the second line mechs available on IWM's and here are the choices I'm considering. Hankyu, Hunchback IIc, Baboon 2, Corvis, Ice Storm, Jenner IIc, Lobo, Snow Fox, Spirit, and the Wyvern IIc. These are all Mechs I don't own already. I also have a Viper and a Cougar on hand which I plan on using at least one one in this Star.

The wyvren is a very nice sculpt

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #288 on: 05 September 2020, 11:39:23 »
The wyvren is a very nice sculpt

I thought so. It's why I was thinking of that one pretty seriously.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #289 on: 03 November 2020, 00:27:17 »
What if Andrey Krenesky decided to join the Blood Spirits after Operation Klondike instead of joining CALAN wolf with his brother Nicholas

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #290 on: 03 November 2020, 06:08:07 »
You mean like, to form some sort of bond between all of the Clans' warriors?  That would have been kind of cool.  If you're going to set up a clan based solely on 'esprit de corps' it may have been a good idea to give them some sort of supported mandate.

If he did join, I wonder if there would have been some sort of Clan UN ... where each member had to send a Binary of units to create some sort of rapid defense attack force to prepare for the invasion of the IS or clans that go rogue (with that kind of influence, maybe the Wolverines would have stayed survived? ... mini-civil war when Widowmakers went bad, less rabid absorptions?) ...

During the invasion it's still the main clans, but perhaps this Galaxy acts as some sort of inter-zone patrol?
« Last Edit: 03 November 2020, 06:15:36 by Wolf72 »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #291 on: 04 November 2020, 20:24:28 »
I am very selective about what Omnis I add into my spirit forces. My understanding of the spirits alpha galaxy is that it is fast and hard hitting so would a gargoyle/man of war be a good fit?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #292 on: 04 November 2020, 21:55:16 »
Yup.  A or D config for ammo-less units. 

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #293 on: 05 November 2020, 13:05:51 »
Yup.  A or D config for ammo-less units.

Thanks for the rec! Now that I know the spirits can use the woodsman Omni I have earmarked the woodsman I already have for my blood guard. I am
Going for a lyranesque wall of steel with that. But as noted the alphas seem quick on their feet

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #294 on: 06 November 2020, 20:13:53 »
Going back to alpha galaxy what tanks do you all use for your alpha? I have a good amount of very heavy and slow tanks are they a good alpha fit?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #295 on: 06 November 2020, 20:23:57 »
I like the Ares, Joust, and ... and ... was there another one that competed with the Joust, or was around along with it?  Also the Enyo

Not all are time period or faction available for BS, but if you don't let that stop you ... they're decent on firepower and speed, imo.

welp: it was just the BE701 Joust ... 40t, similar vain to Ares.

also: for a big-un ... Morrigu.  Tracked, 80t, 2 ER LL, LRM+ ... range of 25 always a good thing.
« Last Edit: 06 November 2020, 20:27:45 by Wolf72 »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #296 on: 06 November 2020, 20:57:41 »
I like the Ares, Joust, and ... and ... was there another one that competed with the Joust, or was around along with it?  Also the Enyo

Not all are time period or faction available for BS, but if you don't let that stop you ... they're decent on firepower and speed, imo.

welp: it was just the BE701 Joust ... 40t, similar vain to Ares.

also: for a big-un ... Morrigu.  Tracked, 80t, 2 ER LL, LRM+ ... range of 25 always a good thing.

Oh sorry I have the demolisher, Burke and manticore. All slow or very slow but with big punch. So perhaps they could be the armored fist to pair with my zippy protos and fast mechs?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #297 on: 06 November 2020, 21:27:21 »
Totally! ... you could even proxy machines too.  Demolisher makes a great stand in for Morrigu.

Or just 'upgrade' your tech.  Even mild-upgrade using the improved weapons from S.O. (clan standard ACs are one crit and one ton less, ... they have improved SRM (I like these better than the half-weight ones), I LPL, I PPC, I LL) -- all were basically stop gap weapons from standard IS tech to full clan tech.  But, are not that bad.

Demolisher could go with 2 Imp AC-20 ...

There is full upgrade of the Burke in the Golden Century TRO -- quite effective (3 clan LPL !!! ... wait, maybe 2)

Manticore could go with Imp PPC, Imp LRM (pretty much same as standard clan, but min range stays ... again, I think), Imp SRM (totally worth it, imo ... goes 12 hexes), keep the ML ... it's a ML, never bad.

Any extra tonnage can go to ammo, armor, electronics, etc.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #298 on: 06 November 2020, 21:56:09 »
Totally! ... you could even proxy machines too.  Demolisher makes a great stand in for Morrigu.

Or just 'upgrade' your tech.  Even mild-upgrade using the improved weapons from S.O. (clan standard ACs are one crit and one ton less, ... they have improved SRM (I like these better than the half-weight ones), I LPL, I PPC, I LL) -- all were basically stop gap weapons from standard IS tech to full clan tech.  But, are not that bad.

Demolisher could go with 2 Imp AC-20 ...

There is full upgrade of the Burke in the Golden Century TRO -- quite effective (3 clan LPL !!! ... wait, maybe 2)

Manticore could go with Imp PPC, Imp LRM (pretty much same as standard clan, but min range stays ... again, I think), Imp SRM (totally worth it, imo ... goes 12 hexes), keep the ML ... it's a ML, never bad.

Any extra tonnage can go to ammo, armor, electronics, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will prime them to night I think the alpha paint scheme will look great on tanks

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #299 on: 07 November 2020, 21:06:31 »
Morriqu 2 is better, Schrek C!

Demolisher C is clantech.

Mars or Mars XL, Huey for more support. Enyo for flanker units and Ares for LRM firesupport. Should make a nice Binary, particularly if you add Toads to help even if out.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register