Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 140676 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #330 on: 21 December 2020, 12:03:43 »
The Home Clan Bloodnames would be primarily concentrated among the Clans that undertook Harvest Trials, though with 70+ years of Trials, diffusion to any of the IS Clans is a possibility.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #331 on: 21 December 2020, 17:08:16 »
In Shrapnel #3 is a little gem.
It seems that there is still a Boques bloodhouse in the Inner Sphere (and it seems it thrives). To which Clan it does belong is not mentioned.

I foresee a pdf purchase in my future!
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #332 on: 21 December 2020, 17:42:39 »

I'm eagerly waiting my physical copy.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #333 on: 24 December 2020, 10:52:14 »

Thanks for this! And I cannot recommend sharpnel enough. I have the first two issues and they have been great

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #334 on: 25 December 2020, 19:21:09 »
My copy of Shrapnel #3 came in yesterday. Now to find this mention of Boques. Does bring up a question though. During the Harvest Trials how heavily hit were the Blood Spirits. For the longest time the only Blood Spirit in the Inner Sphere was in Clan Wolf.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #335 on: 25 December 2020, 20:20:00 »
My copy of Shrapnel #3 came in yesterday. Now to find this mention of Boques. Does bring up a question though. During the Harvest Trials how heavily hit were the Blood Spirits. For the longest time the only Blood Spirit in the Inner Sphere was in Clan Wolf.

According to Shrapnel, members of nearly every Home Clan bloodhouse got Harvested, since so many warriors were champing at the bit to see action in the Inner Sphere.  These troops were not necessarily Bloodnamed at the time, but could have returned to compete in Bloodright Trials if their codexes warranted it.  Then they got stranded in the Inner Sphere after the Wars of Reaving, and the Council of Six came up with the Edict of Severance to give these warriors a fresh start.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #336 on: 26 December 2020, 13:28:04 »
Well then it just goes to show that some Blood Spirits made it to the Inner Sphere. Here is hoping they remembered there heritage to some degree. But then again, Vlad Ward. They probably loved that guy.

On the other front, after a few months I have finally decided on the Light/Medium Star for my Tau Galaxy. With what I have on hand and have ordered I will be going with a Great Wyrm, Clint IIc, Corvis, Spirit, and a Viper. Four are distinct Secondline designs while there is a older Omni to go for the Star Commander.  Plus I dont have any if these secondline designs. So now I will!
« Last Edit: 26 December 2020, 13:51:39 by Stormlion1 »

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #337 on: 23 January 2021, 10:33:42 »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #338 on: 24 January 2021, 08:14:48 »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #339 on: 24 January 2021, 19:10:37 »
So after rereading the fall huntress source materials and how the presence of the “ new” royal black watch drove the jags rabid, I am tickled by the idea of if ilkhan osis had been smooth enough to bring that to spirits. Noting that the spirits khan was a descendant of the last watch commander! If he had played his cards right Osis would have had an entire CLUSTER of heavy and assault mechs ready to smack down serpent

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #340 on: 24 January 2021, 19:29:49 »
So after rereading the fall huntress source materials and how the presence of the “ new” royal black watch drove the jags rabid, I am tickled by the idea of if ilkhan osis had been smooth enough to bring that to spirits. Noting that the spirits khan was a descendant of the last watch commander! If he had played his cards right Osis would have had an entire CLUSTER of heavy and assault mechs ready to smack down serpent

The only problem I see is that Osis wanted it to be a Smoke Jaguar victory.  Yes if he mentioned the “Black Watch” both the Falcons(their first Khan commanded a company of Black Watch) and Spirits could bid for the counterattack but it would be their victory not his.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #341 on: 24 January 2021, 19:44:51 »
The only problem I see is that Osis wanted it to be a Smoke Jaguar victory.  Yes if he mentioned the “Black Watch” both the Falcons(their first Khan commanded a company of Black Watch) and Spirits could bid for the counterattack but it would be their victory not his.

Yup his lack of political savvy ( in addition to many many other things ) helped to doom his clan. But the blood guard keshik was on strana mechty and I addition to that big ole hammer to swing at serpent what ever aero support they could bring would have really helped! The blood guard could have had very limited mission goals such as “ drive off the highlanders from the factory” and that alone would have altered the course of the campaign allowing the jags to redeploy sorely needed forces elsewhere.

The spirits should then of course exact a very heavy cost from the jags

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #342 on: 24 January 2021, 19:45:09 »
I don't think the Blood Spirits as a whole cared too much for the Smoke Jaguars and certainly the Smoke Jaguars didn't care too much for the Blood Spirits. Don't think they'd cooperate to fight off the Inner Sphere together.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #343 on: 24 January 2021, 19:49:32 »
I don't think the Blood Spirits as a whole cared too much for the Smoke Jaguars and certainly the Smoke Jaguars didn't care too much for the Blood Spirits. Don't think they'd cooperate to fight off the Inner Sphere together.

Oh to be clear I know no love was lost between them but what osis could have leveraged and did not was the spirits history with the black watch and their desire to fight against IS Forces

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #344 on: 24 January 2021, 19:55:43 »
There's nothing for Osis to leverage, that's the point. Karianna thought the Smoke Jaguars were ineffective and believed the Star League forces weren't much better, and the Star League put her and the Blood Spirits in their place in the end. She was as much a dummy as Osis was.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #345 on: 24 January 2021, 20:39:46 »
Osis had no interest in outside help. Arrogance was a Jaguar watchword at that point. Plus asking for help showed weakness and that is something the Jaguars would be very hesitant to do.

Although...let's look at if he had asked for help and the Spirits had come to help then the Blood Guard Keshik was only a single jump away from Huntress but they would have jumped into a jump point with the orbitals controlled by the SLDF. even if the Bucephelus had been available it would have had to contend with eight warships as well as all those troops already on the ground. And the other Blood Spirit units were too far to be of any help anytime soon. The Keshik would have most likely been destroyed to no good purpose.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #346 on: 24 January 2021, 20:58:29 »
Osis had no interest in outside help. Arrogance was a Jaguar watchword at that point. Plus asking for help showed weakness and that is something the Jaguars would be very hesitant to do.

Although...let's look at if he had asked for help and the Spirits had come to help then the Blood Guard Keshik was only a single jump away from Huntress but they would have jumped into a jump point with the orbitals controlled by the SLDF. even if the Bucephelus had been available it would have had to contend with eight warships as well as all those troops already on the ground. And the other Blood Spirit units were too far to be of any help anytime soon. The Keshik would have most likely been destroyed to no good purpose.

What’s interesting to me is that osis arrogantly demanded publicly help from the other clans when a quieter word between a khan or two would have hid the jags weaknesses for a bit longer. Re: the blockade around huntress osis came in via pirate point using a black lion. While I don’t know what the blood spirit khans command ship was the spirits did also have a black lion which had to have some of their naval reserve. Would those two be enough to break the blockade? Not sure but they could have protected the relieve force

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #347 on: 25 January 2021, 06:01:49 »
According to Shrapnel, members of nearly every Home Clan bloodhouse got Harvested, since so many warriors were champing at the bit to see action in the Inner Sphere.  These troops were not necessarily Bloodnamed at the time, but could have returned to compete in Bloodright Trials if their codexes warranted it.  Then they got stranded in the Inner Sphere after the Wars of Reaving, and the Council of Six came up with the Edict of Severance to give these warriors a fresh start.
IMHO what has forgotten here is that many Bloodnamed Warriors from all Home Clans got captured in the WoR and were taken to the Inner Sphere.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #348 on: 25 January 2021, 07:18:17 »
What’s interesting to me is that osis arrogantly demanded publicly help from the other clans when a quieter word between a khan or two would have hid the jags weaknesses for a bit longer. Re: the blockade around huntress osis came in via pirate point using a black lion. While I don’t know what the blood spirit khans command ship was the spirits did also have a black lion which had to have some of their naval reserve. Would those two be enough to break the blockade? Not sure but they could have protected the relieve force

Ian Hawker was prepared to go to the Jaguars' aid even without being asked, and was only stymied by Clan Wolf. Three Jaguar WarShips alone (from Mehta's force) managed to inflict serious damage on the task force so with a little coordination Hawker's force, the three Jaguar ships from the OZ and the Spirits could have smashed the Serpent fleet. Given that the Sharks were one of the Blood Spirits' few allies Hawker might have been able to mediate a quick agreement between them and the Jaguars, and potentially the Ice Hellions since Osis had been willing to allow them to join the invasion. 
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #349 on: 25 January 2021, 07:21:39 »
I do not think that the Spirits were allies of the Sharks, they rather were good customers for Shark goods.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #350 on: 25 January 2021, 07:34:08 »
I do not think that the Spirits were allies of the Sharks, they rather were good customers for Shark goods.

Ha true but considering the utter scorn the spirits had for everyone else that is pretty good

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #351 on: 25 January 2021, 07:51:23 »
Probably the Sharks gave the Spirits good credits (and candy with each delivery)  ;)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #352 on: 25 January 2021, 10:12:27 »
Main issue is unless they all came at once any one of those fleets would have faced the eight Serpent warships. And Victor's force was right behind Mehta. The other thing to note is the number of Aerospace assets Serpent had to interdict incoming dropships. If Serpent didnt need to engage the warships, just the dropships.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #353 on: 27 January 2021, 13:15:15 »
I am happy to announce that other than dullcoating the last mech the force I was working on for Tau Galaxy is finished.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #354 on: 27 January 2021, 15:04:03 »
I am happy to announce that other than dullcoating the last mech the force I was working on for Tau Galaxy is finished.

We need Picts!

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #355 on: 27 January 2021, 17:23:54 »
So, does anyone recall any other clans that were not in favor of the annihilation/absorption of the Wolverines? ... iirc, Snow Raven, I thought Blood Spirits too.  But they didn't dare abstain, let alone vote against as they would have been easily crushed by the majority.

(Plot twist! -- Not-named show up to rescue BS survivors and help them rebuild, all the better to cut the head off the Adder)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #356 on: 27 January 2021, 20:21:06 »
We need Picts!

Picts? Those annoying gents from.the north of England? No, Soon. I still got to dullcoat it first! Look for pics this weekend. I want it done first before I take pictures. Plus I got to finish up two other mechs first.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #357 on: 31 January 2021, 13:09:53 »
Here you all go! Pic on the weekend like I promised of the Tau Galaxy Striker Star!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #358 on: 31 January 2021, 13:31:18 »
Here you all go! Pic on the weekend like I promised of the Tau Galaxy Striker Star!

Nice! This is one of my fav spirit paint schemes. I wish more spirit schemes have bronze highlights

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #359 on: 31 January 2021, 13:35:41 »
Shoot, just noticed it was so big. Pulled it from Facebook.