Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 140404 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #630 on: 28 January 2022, 13:57:01 »
I wonder, is there a Society cell or three still in Blood Spirits? I mean, they saw what happened to their cousins in the other clans and thought, " Yikes! Let's take it slower..."

Or are they effectively dead.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #631 on: 28 January 2022, 15:53:50 »
what type of aircraft light-medium and heavy assault does clan Blood Spirit use  2) do they use  trinary or larger units during combat operations

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #632 on: 28 January 2022, 18:23:44 »
I wonder, is there a Society cell or three still in Blood Spirits? I mean, they saw what happened to their cousins in the other clans and thought, " Yikes! Let's take it slower..."

TT

Society from Wars of Reavings yes.  Blood Spirits I can see them surviving but we will never hear from them again.  Some kind of Society splinter faction looking to end warrior dominance (and stupidity) yes.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #633 on: 28 January 2022, 18:39:11 »

TT

Honestly I see the Spirits doing the same as the Falcons and purging the scientist to a large degree. Any survivors would have kept there heads down and stayed quiet. I do believe any surviving Society forces will be found outside the Kerensky Cluster and on some small world rebuilding and in hiding.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #634 on: 28 January 2022, 20:59:48 »
Could have sworn I read something about how the Spirits had tighter control or their scientist caste was really more with them, especially compared to other clans (let alone Coyotes).

"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #635 on: 28 January 2022, 21:27:54 »
It never made sense to me that there would be Society cells amongst the Spirits,  or at least not enough converts to matter.  They're too isolated, too indoctrinated against the other Clans.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #636 on: 29 January 2022, 00:20:22 »
See I see the Word still around, Comstar a shadow of itself, but still around and the Society a dead horse?

How the hell does this mean? The Blood is still around, and so is the GeneCaste...

But the Society? Nope. Dead and done... Really?

Cool, tell me another story please...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #637 on: 29 January 2022, 07:51:04 »
See I see the Word still around, Comstar a shadow of itself, but still around and the Society a dead horse?

How the hell does this mean? The Blood is still around, and so is the GeneCaste...

TT

Sure the Society and WoB knew about each other and were bitter enemies. The Word wasnt planning to invade Clan Homeworlds to destroy the Clans but to get rid of the Society!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #638 on: 29 January 2022, 14:29:27 »
Stop reading my notes!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #639 on: 29 January 2022, 15:11:20 »
Stop reading my notes!

TT

Well you got to stop leaving them all over the place!

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #640 on: 29 January 2022, 15:47:25 »

TT

Pretty sure they would have had some sort of escape plan.  Not convinced they had anything but a token voice in the Blood Spirits.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #641 on: 29 January 2022, 20:41:19 »
Pretty sure they would have had some sort of escape plan.  Not convinced they had anything but a token voice in the Blood Spirits.

The Blood Spirits isolation and lack of resources probably made them the least likely Clan the Society would have infiltrated. Though I could see them looking at the Clans protomech research as valuable.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #642 on: 29 January 2022, 23:35:30 »
I still think the most likely place for the Society to hang on is indeed outside the Kerensky Cluster.

With the Scorpions!  But that's for another thread.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Elcor05

• Sergeant
« Reply #643 on: 30 January 2022, 11:23:53 »
Didn’t like WoR Supplemental or something talk about the likelihood of the Society being in each Clan? Like wasn’t there a clan (maybe Blood Spirits or Diamond Sharks) where the Society never made big inroads bc the clan wasn’t as hierarchical as others?
"Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while." - Ambrose Bierce

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #644 on: 30 January 2022, 14:34:04 »
Didn’t like WoR Supplemental or something talk about the likelihood of the Society being in each Clan? Like wasn’t there a clan (maybe Blood Spirits or Diamond Sharks) where the Society never made big inroads bc the clan wasn’t as hierarchical as others?

The Ghost Bears and Hells Horses had little to no Society presence due to the emphasis of family and working together.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #645 on: 30 January 2022, 18:55:56 »
Spirits were among the "difficult to get a foot hold" clans iirc.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #646 on: 31 January 2022, 18:27:58 »
Spirits were among the "difficult to get a foot hold" clans iirc.

Difficult to talk to, Trade with, meet up for a drink with...

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #647 on: 31 January 2022, 19:17:28 »

Ouch!  :P

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #648 on: 01 February 2022, 02:53:55 »

(joking) I feel kinda attacked by this...Have I met you at a GenCon?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #649 on: 01 February 2022, 09:29:00 »
(joking) I feel kinda attacked by this...Have I met you at a GenCon?

What's a GenCon? Isn't that a Terrain bazaar based in the month of August, where Clan Merchants meet and Falcons go to preen about themselves in public?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #650 on: 20 February 2022, 17:48:48 »
What's a GenCon? Isn't that a Terrain bazaar based in the month of August, where Clan Merchants meet and Falcons go to preen about themselves in public?

TT

Best description of GenCon i've ever heard.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #651 on: 08 March 2022, 16:22:32 »
Did Clan Blood Spirit have much contact with Clan Ice Hellions, Hell HORSE,--MAYBE WOLVERINE IF STILL AROUND Falcon DIAMON SHARK. Working on a story line

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #652 on: 08 March 2022, 16:57:08 »
Did Clan Blood Spirit have much contact with Clan Ice Hellions, Hell HORSE,--MAYBE WOLVERINE IF STILL AROUND Falcon DIAMON SHARK. Working on a story line

One could reason that there was some trading with the Diamond Sharks, but even in that hypothetical the Spirits don't particularly have much to trade. The Blood Spirits' primary contacts were with the Cloud Cobras, Fire Mandrills, and Snow Ravens; however, other than their enemies, I suppose you could create any reason to interact with the other Clans. What would be limiting is the fact that the isolationist Blood Spirits had very little contact with the other Clans. I seem to recall that their Khans often went decades without attending Grand Council meetings.

I would estimate that any contact with the remnants of Clan Wolverine would be highly unlikely.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #653 on: 08 March 2022, 19:56:15 »
There were the Ilchi (sp) ... basically, at the beginning CBS tried to foster brotherhood along with competition.  CM and CB really took advantage of that.  iirc in FM: Crusader Clans we reestablished the Ilchi position for some clans.

If you're going to rewrite some of the history, I think you need to hit at some big turning point.  1. Keep Khan Schmidt from going full Ice Hellion Temper-tantrum.  2. reroll the dice on the absorption war interference  ... 2a. CB really fights CSA hard instead of rolling over ... 2b. CBS warriors reflect the skill they are usually attributed.  3 CBS doesn't suck wind at the Great Refusal, perhaps they actually know how to use the combined arms they base most of their clusters after ... maybe 2nd behind CHH. 4. Go way back, CBS supports CW along with a few other clans and call out NK for what he is doing --- somehow both clans survive and prosper-ish (a heck of a lot better than they did at least).

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #654 on: 09 March 2022, 18:05:44 »
Pre refusal war when the spirits had been in isolation how would spirit warriors get them selves noticed for blood name consideration? I recall some galaxies only experienced practice against other spirit units?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #655 on: 10 March 2022, 14:10:44 »
The one Clan they might have made a meaningful connection to would have been the Ghost Bears. Sadly the WoR put paid to that.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #656 on: 10 March 2022, 14:17:33 »

TT

Kinda late but according to the IS Players 2 book it is to assumed that the society didn't infiltrate the Spirits as they are to hidebound to traditions. Which isn't to say that they tried and maybe managed to get some Spirit scientists into their ranks. Then again would you recruit scientists which at that time were basically located in a war zone as York was the only possesion and the Adders were using it as a shooting gallery?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #657 on: 10 March 2022, 14:20:42 »
Kinda late but according to the IS Players 2 book it is to assumed that the society didn't infiltrate the Spirits as they are to hidebound to traditions. Which isn't to say that they tried and maybe managed to get some Spirit scientists into their ranks. Then again would you recruit scientists which at that time were basically located in a war zone as York was the only possesion and the Adders were using it as a shooting gallery?

The Spirits would have been of limited use to the Society. But you do have to wonder if the biggest reason the Society used Protomechs was that they had recruited Spirit Scientists for the task.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #658 on: 10 March 2022, 14:25:08 »
Due to their surly and insular nature I imagine the society trying to work its way into the spirits would have looked like this:

https://youtu.be/7jaAeTaG_ms

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #659 on: 01 May 2022, 20:44:58 »
Does Clan Blood Spirit have a totem mech\

Register