Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 140407 times)

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #810 on: 02 February 2023, 22:16:01 »
did all clans train on Strana Mechty prior to Operation Klondke

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #811 on: 03 February 2023, 05:58:34 »
did all clans train on Strana Mechty prior to Operation Klondke

Yes.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #812 on: 18 February 2023, 19:59:59 »
During the Golden Century did the Spirit's make any improvements in clan weapons

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #813 on: 18 February 2023, 20:34:20 »
During the Golden Century did the Spirit's make any improvements in clan weapons

Per Era Digest: Golden Century, it looks like the Blood Spirits were the ones to update the AMS to Clan-spec in 2831.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #814 on: 19 February 2023, 17:43:18 »
Per Era Digest: Golden Century, it looks like the Blood Spirits were the ones to update the AMS to Clan-spec in 2831.

I wonder if that means the Burrocks were big LRM users?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #815 on: 19 February 2023, 21:21:28 »
I wonder if that means the Burrocks were big LRM users?

Maybe so. Possibly Clan Mongoose, even. Those two Clans were the ones that attacked the Blood Spirits the most during that time.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #816 on: 20 February 2023, 09:04:06 »
Given the Spirits' need to lean hard into durability, that actually kind of makes sense.  Functionally, it's just a computer-directed machine gun -- and machine guns had been built in some form or another for a millennia at that point -- that improves durability by shooting down missiles.  Simple in operation, simple to build, extends longevity of your 'Mechs.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #817 on: 20 February 2023, 20:35:15 »
Given the Spirits' need to lean hard into durability, that actually kind of makes sense.  Functionally, it's just a computer-directed machine gun -- and machine guns had been built in some form or another for a millennia at that point -- that improves durability by shooting down missiles.  Simple in operation, simple to build, extends longevity of your 'Mechs.

100% agree with this. Plus, the Spirits got a lot of mileage out of LRM-equipped units if their signature designs are anything to go by, so who better to know the value in reducing the effectiveness of missile weaponry.

I also think the Burrocks could have been big proponents of LRM racks. All the better to find some of the holes caused by their preferred big-bore weaponry, and in my eyes the Clan LRM system was a great equalizer for Burrock Warriors sent off to raid the Spirits. The ability to acquire a missile lock at a range equal to your enemy likely doesn't require that much skill whether you're Average Q. Polczyk from the Burrocks or the product of the most demanding sibko system in the Clans like a Spirit. I know it doesn't quite work that way in the game itself, but IU it should be a weapons system the Burrocks could use just as efficiently as their ultra-elite adversaries.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #818 on: 25 February 2023, 17:40:36 »
Blood Spirits protecting the Blood Chapel game finished. Ten Blood Guard Keshik vs Thirteen Star Adder Mechs and a few points of Battle Armor. Started out strong with a first kill but got spread out and defeated in detail trying to be everywhere at once. Lots of cored out mechs and blown off limbs. Surprisingly enough no head shots. Real star was a Blood Kite that just wouldn't die. I mean seriously, it lost everything except two Large Lasers and it still scored a kill. Finally cored out but it took everything sent against it. Even helped bring down a Kodiak that charged it. My Dire Wolf did well as well with a lot of damage done out. My opponents had the numbers to keep me busy and then sent extra off to destroy the Blood Chapels, which they turned into a race to see who got the most destroyed by the end if the game. Ended with three surviving mechs, none of whom would survive another turn.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #819 on: 25 February 2023, 21:18:37 »
Blood Spirits protecting the Blood Chapel game finished. Ten Blood Guard Keshik vs Thirteen Star Adder Mechs and a few points of Battle Armor. Started out strong with a first kill but got spread out and defeated in detail trying to be everywhere at once. Lots of cored out mechs and blown off limbs. Surprisingly enough no head shots. Real star was a Blood Kite that just wouldn't die. I mean seriously, it lost everything except two Large Lasers and it still scored a kill. Finally cored out but it took everything sent against it. Even helped bring down a Kodiak that charged it. My Dire Wolf did well as well with a lot of damage done out. My opponents had the numbers to keep me busy and then sent extra off to destroy the Blood Chapels, which they turned into a race to see who got the most destroyed by the end if the game. Ended with three surviving mechs, none of whom would survive another turn.

Thanks for this! Except for the drubbing they took in “ prince of havoc” do we have any other write ups or battle reports on the blood guard?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #820 on: 26 February 2023, 02:37:33 »

(Bolded for emphasis)

This is what the Blood Kite does. It is the best example of a Clan Zombie 'Mech. It even has the sinks to still be able to fire those ER Larges and only overheat by movement. It is actually why I have a mixed opinion of the Blood Kite 2, which has more punch...but doesn't keep fighting until you kill it.

This is also why I really don't like the Crossbow and Battle Cobra in the Blood Spirit Touman...because they are knocked out of the fight quickly because arms go quick in BattleTech.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #821 on: 26 February 2023, 06:20:34 »
(Bolded for emphasis)

This is what the Blood Kite does. It is the best example of a Clan Zombie 'Mech. It even has the sinks to still be able to fire those ER Larges and only overheat by movement. It is actually why I have a mixed opinion of the Blood Kite 2, which has more punch...but doesn't keep fighting until you kill it.

This is also why I really don't like the Crossbow and Battle Cobra in the Blood Spirit Touman...because they are knocked out of the fight quickly because arms go quick in BattleTech.

And yet the model is so fugly! Any chance we could get a plastic someday? I mean that’s pretty off the common Mech list

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #822 on: 26 February 2023, 11:56:58 »
And yet the model is so fugly! Any chance we could get a plastic someday? I mean that’s pretty off the common Mech list

There’s always a chance. I would say it’s next to none. It’s never been used by any IS based clan, even back when we were All in the home worlds. Best hope would be some tomfoolery like what got the Blood Asp back into production. Maybe the Scorps, they had the most exposure to it
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #823 on: 26 February 2023, 14:22:54 »
I have a metal mini of the Blood Kite, I always thought it was kinda cool. Only the head & ER LL coming out of it make me think otherwise.

staring at it now, and it really is odd-looking, but still one of favorite designs.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #824 on: 26 February 2023, 19:47:58 »
I have two or three.  I love their fugliness.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #825 on: 26 February 2023, 20:00:17 »
I have a metal mini of the Blood Kite, I always thought it was kinda cool. Only the head & ER LL coming out of it make me think otherwise.

staring at it now, and it really is odd-looking, but still one of favorite designs.

I mean it truly looks like a machine designed only for killing! Perhaps a fan funding to get a new sculpt?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #826 on: 26 February 2023, 20:53:23 »
I mean it truly looks like a machine designed only for killing! Perhaps a fan funding to get a new sculpt?

Ask Speck. I've gotten warships sculpted that way.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #827 on: 27 February 2023, 21:15:53 »
how much activity was there between the Spirits and Wolverines before the trial of anhiliation ie technology and commerce

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #828 on: 28 February 2023, 23:04:33 »
how much activity was there between the Spirits and Wolverines before the trial of anhiliation ie technology and commerce

It was the early days of the Clans but the Spirits were among the few allies the Wolverines had and the Blood Spirits paid for there sympathy. The Burrocks would target them for it.

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #829 on: 01 March 2023, 11:41:52 »
Not just the Burrocks, but Nicky himself chastised them and that was a big emotional blow to the Spirits as a whole and to Colleen Schmidt in particular.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #830 on: 01 March 2023, 12:10:58 »
A small but important thing to keep in mind as well: the Wolverines' uncensored symbol (as part of a mosaic depicting all the Clans' symbols) was on display in Blood Spirit Hall on York, the only place it still existed in Clan space.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #831 on: 01 March 2023, 14:00:36 »
A small but important thing to keep in mind as well: the Wolverines' uncensored symbol (as part of a mosaic depicting all the Clans' symbols) was on display in Blood Spirit Hall on York, the only place it still existed in Clan space.

ORLY? Where is this detail I’ve missed?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #832 on: 01 March 2023, 14:01:25 »
ORLY? Where is this detail I’ve missed?

The BattleCorps story "Tears of Blood", chapter 1, by Randall Bills.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #833 on: 01 March 2023, 14:37:07 »

Damn why is all the good stuff from BattleCorps lol.

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #834 on: 01 March 2023, 17:03:29 »
Because we can't have nice things.
Welcome to interesting times

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #835 on: 01 March 2023, 18:31:59 »
Mongoose also decided to raid CBS, not so much of an issue once CSJ took them out.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #836 on: 02 March 2023, 08:29:50 »

Damn, I hope I have that one saved on my old laptop.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #837 on: 07 March 2023, 12:52:09 »
I love that I can go years without even glancing at the boards, let alone logging into them, and can be almost assured that there's an active & ongoing Blood Spirit thread still. Y'all are an absolute credit to the fandom.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #838 on: 07 March 2023, 13:09:33 »
Isn't it amazing that one of the smallest (and now deadest) Clans, one that's spent the entirety of their publication history trying NOT to get involved with everyone else's nonsense, has such an active thread?  ;D

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #839 on: 07 March 2023, 15:41:37 »
They have an odd place in the fandom. Yes they might have been ‘Annihilated’ but they never were really the bad guys. They were always on the bottom of the Clans in terms of power rankings but they have elite pilots and fairly decent machines. They got hit with the beat stick a few too many times but even then put up a hell of a fight: they always hd the big bully of the Star Adders picking on them. And despite being the initial clan of inter-Clan unity they devolved into one of the more anti-social clans, only to try and change that and get beaten down before it got anywhere. And despite being founded by a descendant of the Black Watch (who espoused all the same ideals for her Clan), they got shoved to the side rather than given a position of a similar nature (thanks to Nicky Ks ‘perfect ideal of the feuding Clans’).

Just my two cents: I like them and their tech.

Register