Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 138928 times)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #840 on: 08 March 2023, 01:26:24 »
I love that I can go years without even glancing at the boards, let alone logging into them, and can be almost assured that there's an active & ongoing Blood Spirit thread still. Y'all are an absolute credit to the fandom.

I really do think it says something about our players. I think all of us connected to the Blood Spirits in more than just a "Oh! Cool Clan under dogs!" way. I think there were a number of factors that make the connection of many Blood Spirit fans personal. I identified with them most for their being the ones who *WANTED* to get along with the other Clans, who genuinely tried to build bridges and reach out to others, and got smacked down for it. It kinda touches on a number of personal things for me. I saw myself in them.

And, I think that is the case for many Blood Spirit fans.

Though, a part of me also takes delight that the Blood Spirit threads have stayed more active, generally, than even the Big Two Clans of Wolf and Jade Falcon. Our fandom is the cockroaches of BattleTech: we will still be here after the nukes fall!
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #841 on: 08 March 2023, 21:22:27 »
I still believe there are Blood Spirit survivors out there. And there just biding there time till they get there revenge.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #842 on: 09 March 2023, 00:31:34 »
I still believe there are Blood Spirit survivors out there. And they're just biding their time till they get there revenge.

I think that is what we are all hoping. More secret locations, secret factories and gene facilities, that there was enough paranoia that we did not put all our eggs in one basket, as it were.

"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #843 on: 09 March 2023, 06:55:57 »
I think that is what we are all hoping. More secret locations, secret factories and gene facilities, that there was enough paranoia that we did not put all our eggs in one basket, as it were.
Well, and then? Reviving of the Adder-Spirit conflict? Do you really want this?
Again this hateful conflict of two Home Clans, wasting their sparse resources in futiles battles?

I would rather have the Homeclans as a real serious adversery of the ilClan/3rd League. Capable to resist them, not only for a short conflict for giving Alaric and his Minions just another campaign ribbon.

I rather would like to have the original Spirits bloodlines revived by the Star Adders.
Both Clans very similar in their philosophy and ideology (both are utterly convinced that the Inner sphere could be defeated by all Clans united), both did suffered brutal attacks by other Clans in the past. But while the Adders prevailed, the Sprits went down the path of bitterness and isolation.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #844 on: 09 March 2023, 09:44:14 »
The best revenge would be for the Star Adders to never show up in print again.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #845 on: 09 March 2023, 11:48:18 »
The best revenge would be for the Star Adders to never show up in print again.
::)
Quite unforgiving you are, are not you?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #846 on: 09 March 2023, 11:55:59 »
The Homeworld populations are in the middle of nowhere with a total population not worth talking about. The best revenge for the Spirits would be to make a deal with the Taurians and live happy lives among people.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #847 on: 09 March 2023, 12:11:55 »
::)
Quite unforgiving you are, are not you?

There's nothing for me to "forgive", because I don't take fictional stuff personally, so go (t)roll your eyes somewhere else.

That said, I do think it's delicious irony that the Star Adders have basically become their most hated enemies: friendless and alone in an isolation of their own making, with the odds of them ever making an appearance again (outside of the upcoming Brush Wars: Absorption War book) pretty much nil. A fitting end for them.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2023, 12:14:30 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #848 on: 09 March 2023, 21:27:51 »
I always figured that a fanatical faction in lore breeds fanatical fans of the faction -- and few other BT factions have as fanatical membership in the lore as the Blood Spirits.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #849 on: 09 March 2023, 22:04:19 »
The Homeworld populations are in the middle of nowhere with a total population not worth talking about. The best revenge for the Spirits would be to make a deal with the Taurians and live happy lives among people.

If they haven’t already.  Their death always seemed to easy.  In my opinion death by orbital bombardment can’t destroy everything.

For the Homeworld Clans the longer we don’t hear from them the more I think they have blasted themselves to the Stone Age.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #850 on: 10 March 2023, 05:03:13 »
Kind of figure if the Spirits had survived they went deep into the Periphery as far from the Homeworlds and settled down to rebuild. That or the Blood Avatar route. Maybe at best a pirate faction. As for the Star Adders by this point I'm betting they have either conquered the other remaining Homeworld Clans or broke up into factions.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #851 on: 10 March 2023, 13:50:56 »
There is only one reason ‘Blood Avatar’ pissed me off and that’s because in 1,131 years (Published Date to In Game Date) they STILL have not cured Type One Diabetes (which I suffer from) and that is annoying lol

The story is what it is (sorta outta place in the BT universe) and definitely one of the lesser rated novels but that realization will always illogically anger me.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #852 on: 10 March 2023, 14:10:56 »
"Blood Avatar" may be out of place, but it's a better-written novel than at least half of the novels in the line, and I enjoyed reading something different than the same tired old BattleTech tropes. A palate cleanser, if you will.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #853 on: 13 March 2023, 09:49:24 »
"Blood Avatar" may be out of place, but it's a better-written novel than at least half of the novels in the line, and I enjoyed reading something different than the same tired old BattleTech tropes. A palate cleanser, if you will.

It's a fair mystery novel if nothing else.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #854 on: 14 March 2023, 06:55:15 »

"A palate cleanser" is the best way to describe it. I love my meat & potato 'Mech battles, but every now and then, throwing in a salad for a change of pace is pretty welcome.

But it's also one of the few in the DA line that I have two hard copies of (original and PoD) so I might be a little biased.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #855 on: 23 March 2023, 12:54:02 »
"A palate cleanser" is the best way to describe it. I love my meat & potato 'Mech battles, but every now and then, throwing in a salad for a change of pace is pretty welcome.

But it's also one of the few in the DA line that I have two hard copies of (original and PoD) so I might be a little biased.

With the closeness that developed between the spirits and the mandrills was there ever any documented mixed sibkos made?

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #856 on: 31 March 2023, 11:19:44 »
did the Blood Spirits do  a lot of exploring during the early part of their history for new planet to colonize

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #857 on: 31 March 2023, 11:23:59 »
did the Blood Spirits do  a lot of exploring during the early part of their history for new planet to colonize

They did, but every new colony kept getting clobbered by raids, due to the ongoing bullying by the Burrocks and other anti-Blood Spirit Clans, so they ended up with less territory than most.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #858 on: 31 March 2023, 14:40:48 »
mongeese were also in on the raiding ...
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #859 on: 02 April 2023, 08:12:20 »
The Blood Spirits seemed to be one of the Clans with a interest in exploration. Far more than most other Clans who seemed content to remain within there spheres of power.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #860 on: 05 April 2023, 20:42:56 »
did the Blood Spirit;s have much success with their naval forces during their history seyla

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #861 on: 05 April 2023, 20:44:30 »
did the Blood Spirit;s have much success with their naval forces during their history seyla

Nope.  Traded most of their fleet to the Snow Ravens for some magic beans.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #862 on: 05 April 2023, 21:16:10 »
Nope.  Traded most of their fleet to the Snow Ravens for some magic beans.

I would respectfully disagree they should traded excess warships they could not maintain for a significant infusion of 2nd line mechs which allowed them to rebuild their depleted touman. Their small fleet fought well and held its own against much larger forces.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #863 on: 05 April 2023, 21:35:06 »
well, they rebuilt their touman then threw it against a wall.  CSA did have author-shield going strong though (well more like not written into the outline)
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #864 on: 05 April 2023, 23:56:56 »
The Spirits throwing so much of themselves into the Viper Annihilation was really silly to me. That's the time they should've sent a token force and sat back to lick their wounds and regroup. It was the only part of WoR that I thought was a little suspect.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #865 on: 06 April 2023, 07:13:35 »
The Spirits throwing so much of themselves into the Viper Annihilation was really silly to me. That's the time they should've sent a token force and sat back to lick their wounds and regroup. It was the only part of WoR that I thought was a little suspect.

Agreed, the only reason I can even think of why they would have done as they did was the hope to gain assets from the Annihilation.

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #866 on: 06 April 2023, 09:04:57 »
The Adders were really the leadership after the Vipers became the target.  Reading WoR, I really hoped that the Adder Khans would see the fervency and commitment of the Spirits in throwing themselves against the Vipers and say "You know what?  They are decent people, we will cut them slack."

But alas, thus was not to be.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #867 on: 06 April 2023, 09:27:33 »
The Adders were really the leadership after the Vipers became the target.  Reading WoR, I really hoped that the Adder Khans would see the fervency and commitment of the Spirits in throwing themselves against the Vipers and say "You know what?  They are decent people, we will cut them slack."

But alas, thus was not to be.
IMHO if the Spirits have come back to the Grand Council and other Clans after the end of the WoR, there might have been a reconciliation. Maybe even the Star Adders might have been willing to cool down the blood feud. For some years there was no fighting between reported
But after the Spirits ran havoc after Coyotes and Stone lions won some possessions in their Haven system, they showed they would never return to the Clans.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #868 on: 06 April 2023, 10:03:20 »
IMHO if the Spirits have come back to the Grand Council and other Clans after the end of the WoR, there might have been a reconciliation. Maybe even the Star Adders might have been willing to cool down the blood feud. For some years there was no fighting between reported
But after the Spirits ran havoc after Coyotes and Stone lions won some possessions in their Haven system, they showed they would never return to the Clans.

Biggest mistake was settling in the Haven System. They should have pushed farther put into the Periphery or pulled up stakes and headed for the Inner Sphere. They might have been able to make a deal with the Snow Ravens.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #869 on: 06 April 2023, 10:32:30 »
Biggest mistake was settling in the Haven System. They should have pushed farther put into the Periphery or pulled up stakes and headed for the Inner Sphere. They might have been able to make a deal with the Snow Ravens.

That would have given the Snow Ravens a much needed boost in ground force as well as saving another Clan from destruction.

Register