Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 138933 times)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #930 on: 01 June 2023, 14:24:43 »
**MOD NOTICE**

Hey there, lovely Blood Spirit friends. Just a reminder that posting customs outside of the customs section is frowned upon. Nobody is in trouble or catching a warning, but I split off the last four posts into their own topic and moved them to the Battlemech customs thread. 

For future reference, this:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/battlemechs/spirit-walker-mkii/

EndoStructure. A LAMS. And "Armor mistake" was not repeated.

is pretty much the ideal way to reference your own custom outside of the custom section. Post the design where it should be and just link to it.

As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #931 on: 01 June 2023, 20:36:43 »
Whoops! may have gotten a little sidetracked there.

thanks for the new thread!
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #932 on: 02 June 2023, 20:11:57 »
What SL vehciles would we have bothered to refit with clan spec stuff? This assuming you already have vehicles like Shamash recom hover tank and Morrigu fire support tank.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #933 on: 02 June 2023, 20:47:38 »
I mean, considering anything with an LRM would get a massive boost.  I like simple upgrades ... here's some lighter weapons, get more ammo (even alt ammo types) and armor.  I think the improved SRM makes a great upgrade to standard SRMs ... 12 range? yes, please!

I'm thinking easy like the Alacorn.  whether improved or clan standard, replacing the GRs just makes sense.  It's a wonderful rabbit hole to go down.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #934 on: 02 June 2023, 23:26:42 »
I would looooooooove the Spirits to have produced Clantech Alacorns and Savannah Masters.  :D
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #935 on: 03 June 2023, 09:33:35 »
I would looooooooove the Spirits to have produced Clantech Alacorns and Savannah Masters.  :D
Alacorn: issue is triple gauss rifles which would be expensive by the criterias the BS have set for evaluating designs.
Savannah Master: We have a better one; Shamash. the 4 clan ER smalls are turret mounted too.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #936 on: 03 June 2023, 09:45:44 »
Alacorn: issue is triple gauss rifles which would be expensive by the criterias the BS have set for evaluating designs.
Savannah Master: We have a better one; Shamash. the 4 clan ER smalls are turret mounted too.

just need more range, which is easily done.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #937 on: 03 June 2023, 10:41:10 »
I mean, considering anything with an LRM would get a massive boost.  I like simple upgrades ... here's some lighter weapons, get more ammo (even alt ammo types) and armor.  I think the improved SRM makes a great upgrade to standard SRMs ... 12 range? yes, please!

I'm thinking easy like the Alacorn.  whether improved or clan standard, replacing the GRs just makes sense.  It's a wonderful rabbit hole to go down.
Wouldn't Improved be more "expensive" than standard Clan SRM, same for improved guass? I mean it would be better if some of the clans kept producing improved techs rather than simply being falling by wayside when they got to the final forms. Like improved autocannons? yes please. (since they cost about same, resource wise, as regular autocannons and doesn't jam UNLESS you use optional rule rapid firing, unlike the UAC.)

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #938 on: 03 June 2023, 10:42:01 »
just need more range, which is easily done.
The Shamash? Do what the Ghost Bears did and slap an ER Med in place of the ER smalls.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #939 on: 03 June 2023, 13:13:44 »
During the clan invasion did the clans find any iiner sphere designs they liked and took them back yo the homewor;ds

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #940 on: 03 June 2023, 13:17:18 »
During the clan invasion did the clans find any iiner sphere designs they liked and took them back yo the homewor;ds
I think that's worth a thread of its own on the chatterweb.

If they did, the Wars of Reavings would had wiped them out. quite a shame.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #941 on: 03 June 2023, 14:44:53 »
The Shamash? Do what the Ghost Bears did and slap an ER Med in place of the ER smalls.

right, missed that! perfect.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #942 on: 03 June 2023, 14:46:28 »
I think that's worth a thread of its own on the chatterweb.

If they did, the Wars of Reavings would had wiped them out. quite a shame.

The Smoke Jaguars shipped back quite a large number of captured IS Mech designs. They were used in their secondline Galaxies in the Battle for Huntress.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #943 on: 03 June 2023, 23:59:00 »

Wouldn't that have been 2 ER mediums, as the Shamash has a Fusion engine?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #944 on: 04 June 2023, 04:47:08 »

Per RS: 3085 Old is the New New, it's just the one ER Medium.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #945 on: 04 June 2023, 08:42:55 »
No tonnage left for a second one. What it does give you over the ER smalls is a longer reach.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #946 on: 04 June 2023, 10:24:10 »
They added an ECM Suite, either. So no more free space left for a second ER Medium Laser.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #947 on: 04 June 2023, 14:06:44 »
Okay I have read up on the Improved SRM and Autocannons as well comparing them to the other clan counterparts

Improved Autocannons. Had they came out earlier in a previous rule edition, we would have seen them used on Blood Spirit designs until ProtoMech AC was invented. According to rules, they can use all specialized ammo except LB-X's cluster round. So yes in my head canon they're in common usage by the Blood Spirits instead of UAC and LB-X *if* on their own (allowing exceptions for Designs like Crimson Langur, which was a shared development with another Clan) until PAC comes out.
Their cost is generally same as the standard IS AC, so among the three types of ballistic the Clans has (UAC, LB-X, and PAC) they're cheapest in resources required.

Improved SRM. The launcher of each rack cost same as the Streak of each rack, but the iSRM use "normal" rounds while the SSRM use streak ammunition (which is twice the cost of normal SRM rounds). They also can use specialized ammo that standard SRMs can and can utilize Artemis as well. However swapping it with the clan SRM is not very straightforward due to that it didn't get weight reduction. Though this isn't an issue if you're refitting SL designs since the "IS" SRMs weight basically the same.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #948 on: 04 June 2023, 14:19:24 »
The original source for much of the improved weapons was in the first TRO3050 ...

it had a section in the back about clans using older style weapons on their 2nd line mechs. 

It gave the rules for ACs, LL, PPC (basically 1 crit less & one ton less).

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #949 on: 04 June 2023, 14:36:32 »
The original source for much of the improved weapons was in the first TRO3050 ...

it had a section in the back about clans using older style weapons on their 2nd line mechs. 

It gave the rules for ACs, LL, PPC (basically 1 crit less & one ton less).
But was that ever used on any official record sheet?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #950 on: 04 June 2023, 15:40:28 »
I do not believe so

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #951 on: 06 June 2023, 15:39:23 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/combat-vehicles/chevalier-clan/

A Blood Spirit clan chevalier would have its SSRM2s swapped out for either improved SRM2s or a pair of SRM4s.
Other than the ECM and AP, the Zephyr EC would be the better choice. It's just much faster. :P

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #952 on: 06 June 2023, 18:51:21 »
Here is Zephyr which is a bit more "current" compared to the "EC" variant.
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/combat-vehicles/zephyr-hovertank-clan/

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #953 on: 13 June 2023, 17:29:14 »
Operational Revival RAT for the Blood Spirits 3048 (The influx of older second line battlemechs from the Snow Ravens was in 2975)
For Light 'Mechs, Adder and Kit Fox made (25% and 28%) up around 53% of the possibilities (2d6), Mist Lynz nearly 20%
For Medium 'Mechs, Nova and Stormcrow ( 28% and 22%) made up around 50%, with Stooping Hawk a bit distant third at around 17%
For Heavy 'Mechs, Crossbow made up around 47%, and at a distant second shared between two mechs: Summoner and Grizzly at 14% each
For Assault 'Mechs, Blood Kite made up around 47%, Kingfisher around 33%.
For ASF, Visigoth made up 25% and Turk 23%. The Blood Spirit Aerospace force is medium aerospace fighter dominated at 55.54%
Vehicle RAT is not included as it's used for all clans.

There's no second line RAT listed for them, so presumably they were sending only their best forces for Operation Revival trials.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #954 on: 14 June 2023, 15:28:44 »
Continuing the RATs, this will be about the FM:CC RAT for the Blood Spirits. There are no vehicle/ASF RAT given.
3059, After operational revival and the burrock absorption
Frontline:
For Light 'Mechs, Kit Fox make up nearly 28% (with Prime making up 40% of the configs on RAT, and A the 60%), Adder make up 25% (with A making up 44.5% and B the rest at 55.5%), and Mist Lynx at nearly 20% (with B config the sole loadout).
For Medium 'Mechs, Battle Cobra make up 30.6% (A making up 82% and B the rest at 18%), Nova make up 27.8% (with Prime being the sole loadout), and Stormcrow make up 22.2% (with Prime and A making up the configs equally).
For Heavy 'Mechs, Crossbow dominate at 47% (Prime making up 65% and B the rest at 35%), Timber Wolf (D) and Summoner (A) a distant second shared equally with 13.88% each.
For Assault 'Mechs, Blood Kite once more dominate at 47.2%, Kingfisher at 33.3% (With D the dominant at 83.3% and C with rest at 16.7%), and lasty Warhawk at 16.66% (Prime only making up 33% while C dominate the rest).

Now to the Second Line
For Light Mechs, Locust IIC at 27.8%, Incubus at 22.2%, and Horned Owl at almost 20%.
For Medium 'Mechs, Conjurer at 38.8%, Shadow Hawk IIC at 25%, and Griffin IIC at 22.2%
For Heavy 'Mechs, Rifleman IIC at 30.54%, Grizzly at 27.8%, and Thresher at almost 20%
For Assault 'Mechs, Blood Kite dominating at 55.5%, Warhammer IIC at 13.9%, and CCRK-5003-1 Crockett at 11.1%.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2023, 15:30:40 by HobbesHurlbut »

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #955 on: 15 June 2023, 05:35:00 »
I added three each of the Clan stars in the Merc Kickstarter with the plan to add another Binary/Trinary to my overall Blood Spirit force. Looks like I'll be picking up at least one more of each CI second line 'Mech box based 'cause the RAT listing is motivating me to paint more.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #956 on: 15 June 2023, 08:29:19 »
Thanks for your comment, I was debating whenever I should continue these posts or not.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #957 on: 15 June 2023, 12:07:06 »
Thanks for your comment, I was debating whenever I should continue these posts or not.

Anyone that home makes a RAT has respect in my book. That’s a lot of work to do and thank you for it. Don’t feel obligated to finish it if you don’t want to: just know we appreciate it!

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #958 on: 15 June 2023, 14:34:30 »
Anyone that home makes a RAT has respect in my book. That’s a lot of work to do and thank you for it. Don’t feel obligated to finish it if you don’t want to: just know we appreciate it!
It's not homemade, it's just converting the dice results on the published RATs to percentage chances. Also, as always RATs are not indicative of all designs an entity actually have access to, but hopefully highlighting the designs that are most common or used a lot.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #959 on: 16 June 2023, 04:40:14 »
Rhino FST EC Points are awesome...

Bulldozer Blades, standard LRM-10's but the LRM-20s are Clantech, also prototype ERML to boot.

I use them to dig field trenches and prepared hexes while laying FASCAM and Smoke LRMs.

Works great with both the Manticore EC and Zephyr EC.

So, if I had to make a standard Secondline Armor Star, I'd make sure I ran four Manticore EC, four Rhino FST EC and a pair of Zephyr EC hovercraft to exploit any weaknesses.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register