Author Topic: NEW RELEASES: Worldwide Event 2018 Products  (Read 4331 times)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
NEW RELEASES: Worldwide Event 2018 Products
« on: 10 September 2018, 11:02:35 »
Worldwide Event 2018 Products Now Available!

"Dig, Defend, or Die," the BattleTech worldwide event for 2018, is now complete, and as a thank you to all of the Catalyst Demo Team agents and players around the world who took part, we're releasing the scenario book and all-new mapsheets as FREE downloads. In addition, we have two new PDF-only products now for sale, "Touring the Stars: Stotzing" and "Spotlight On: First Marik Protectors," which tie into the worldwide event.

Enjoy, and thank you for playing!

"Dig, Defend, or Die" Bundle of all four products below - $5.99 (Catalyst Web Store // DriveThruRPG)

"Dig, Defend, or Die" Scenario Book - FREE (Catalyst Web Store // DriveThruRPG)

Stotzing, Former Free Worlds League, 3087 - The Green Ghosts have come to raid the planet Stotzing. Will you join them in seeking ancient treasure or try to stop them with the fractured League's defenders? Re-live the 2018 worldwide event in these Total Warfare and Alpha Strike scenarios.

Worldwide Event 2018 Terrain Set - FREE (Catalyst Web Store // DriveThruRPG)

All-new, never before seen BattleTech maps perfect for use with the "Dig, Defend, or Die" scenario book or any BattleTech game.

Touring the Stars: Stotzing -  $2.99 (Catalyst Web Store // DriveThruRPG)

The Star League’s terraforming technology brought life to worlds struggling to survive, and wrought miracles on landscapes thought uninhabitable. But Stotzing is proof that even miracles can be undone by human hands, and not all those who seek to repair them are angels…

Touring the Stars is a whistle-stop tour of the universe! Every system and planet where mankind treads in the BattleTech universe has a story, for those with the drive to explore it. Take a tour of the stars humanity now calls home, experience awesome new worlds, immerse yourself in the local civilization, and prepare to do battle in exotic locales.

Spotlight On: First Marik Protectors  - $3.99 (Catalyst Web Store // DriveThruRPG)

In the fires of the Jihad, a handful of brave souls placed honor before duty, service before survival, and the people of their shattered nation before all others.

Considered traitors by some but heroes by those they watch over, the First Marik Protectors rose from the ashes of the Free Worlds League to protect worlds at the far-flung edge of their fallen nation. An elite cadre of warriors, the Protectors’ dedication to safeguarding the lives of their countrymen is nearly unmatched in the Inner Sphere.

The Marik Protectors exist to offer a single hope to the citizens of these outcast worlds: that when darkness closes in, there will be a light shining for them, a hammer and anvil to smite any who would disrupt their peace, a shield against all the ills the Periphery holds. Protectors, behind whom they may rest.

Spotlight On: First Marik Protectors includes a Unit History, Personalities, Personnel Rosters, Mission Tracks, and data for use with all scales of BattleTech play.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

abou

• Captain
Re: NEW RELEASES: Worldwide Event 2018 Products
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2018, 11:57:21 »
Nice! Great idea to bundle the items as well.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2018, 14:19:12 »
Tick rock tomorrow mine
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2018, 16:03:40 »
trivia note: Touring the Stars: Stotzing contains the first (at least to my knowledge) digital record sheet bearing the updated BattleTech logo. Besides updated copyright dates, I'm not seeing any other changes in format.

the unit itself is pretty neat the Desert Scorpion, a rebuild of the venerable quicksell tank with a fusion engine 5/8 speed, a large laser, and CASE for the MG ammo

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2018, 16:40:10 »
You know, I've always stuck by the writers. Always defended them when other fans got ugly, but this... this is unconscionable. A Scorpion that isn't just ablative popcorn? Madness! Madness I say!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2018, 16:45:22 »
You know, I've always stuck by the writers. Always defended them when other fans got ugly, but this... this is unconscionable. A Scorpion that isn't just ablative popcorn? Madness! Madness I say!

First the Quickdraw got a decent variant. Now the scorpion. What’s next? A good Hornet?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2018, 17:21:35 »
trivia note: Touring the Stars: Stotzing contains the first (at least to my knowledge) digital record sheet bearing the updated BattleTech logo. Besides updated copyright dates, I'm not seeing any other changes in format.

the unit itself is pretty neat the Desert Scorpion, a rebuild of the venerable quicksell tank with a fusion engine 5/8 speed, a large laser, and CASE for the MG ammo
It is beautiful.  :'( :'(   :thumbsup:
Now I have to buy a few minis.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2018, 19:38:18 »
Quick one for TPTB:

I know last years Scorched Earth WWE is not considered to be canon but with this year seeming to have a hell of a lot more support from CGL (A damn good thing by the way) and it appears to have a product code. Is Dig, Defend, or Die canon?  It has some really nice little snippets of universe in there.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2018, 20:53:38 »
This was wonderful surprise release.

Is this event considered to be canon?  Who did the art?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #9 on: 10 September 2018, 21:59:47 »
The whole thing is canon, yeah.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2018, 01:27:09 »
Wonderful!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2018, 01:50:33 »
First the Quickdraw got a decent variant. Now the scorpion. What’s next? A good Hornet?

Reasonable Jade Falcons, Stone and Alaric living together, mass hysteria!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 11 September 2018, 07:53:28 »
Reasonable Jade Falcons

Trying to divide by zero is not, strictly speaking, against the forum rules, but I'm going to ask you, as a fellow Battletech fan, to try to avoid causing the instant annihilation of reality by asking the impossible.   
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2018, 14:20:39 »
Cool products the maps are pretty simple but welcome the scenario pack is a little basic it would nice to see a couple of more scenarios

The Protectors are quite cool a unit is a House unit but with it's reins cut allowing it to operate like a Merc.  I'd put their ideals on par with the Knights of the Inner Sphere without the dressing

While Stotzing is cool it sounds like their own Civil/world War was an insane time
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2018, 15:38:40 »
Cool products the maps are pretty simple but welcome the scenario pack is a little basic it would nice to see a couple of more scenarios

They're the scenarios that the Agents ran this summer as part of the event. The intent wasn't to deliver a "full" scenario pack like you might have seen back in the FASA days.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2018, 17:13:04 »
Hey, wait, are those the maps i called really nice looking and was disappointed to hear they wouldn't be a map pack? Few months ago.... or something.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #16 on: 13 September 2018, 17:17:48 »
Yes though technically iirc I think that it was stated that they wouldn’t be released as a printed product (as opposed to a free print yourself pdf)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 13 September 2018, 18:27:19 »
Hey, wait, are those the maps i called really nice looking and was disappointed to hear they wouldn't be a map pack? Few months ago.... or something.

These are different than the box set maps.  There's a base and roads that are not on those for example.  These are unique to this WWE.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2018, 19:20:56 »
They passed up on a PPC for the variant vehicle?  Why??  ???