Author Topic: GenCon 2019  (Read 32237 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Re: GenCon 2019
« Reply #30 on: 01 August 2019, 14:00:32 »
you don't need to log in to watch the video, fortunately (at least i didnt)

I click the play button and it opens up another tab telling me to log in.  :(
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #31 on: 01 August 2019, 14:01:40 »
gross!

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #32 on: 01 August 2019, 14:29:47 »
I was hoping for some zoomed in images of the mechs
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 01 August 2019, 14:40:33 »
Any option that doesn't require a facebook login?  Trying to write my shopping list.   :drool:

Same here. Tried to watch the first video and FB wanted me to login.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #34 on: 01 August 2019, 14:49:11 »
Given I date back to the BattleDroids box, that Timber Wolf on the old old box background certainly tugged my heartstrings. Would pick that one up over the Legacy cover version.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: 01 August 2019, 15:58:34 »
Anyone at the show have a picture of the plastic dice they have this year? I think I have all from last year except McCarron's Armored Cavalry. Wasn't sure if there are any other ones out there I have missed.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

L. Y. Deschain

• Private
« Reply #36 on: 01 August 2019, 16:04:27 »
Anyone know what Catalyst's draw items are going to be for their booth?   In the past we got a list of all the new and exclusive items they'd have for sale, but this year I only see it for Shadowrun.

Oh, where did you find the Shadowrun one, and mind sending a link?

Leftovernoodles

• Corporal
« Reply #37 on: 01 August 2019, 16:41:18 »
I just saw a photo of ilClan on my discord.   This thread is slacking.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #38 on: 01 August 2019, 16:46:16 »
I just saw a photo of ilClan on my discord.   This thread is slacking.

We've have been talking about it in other threads https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64318.msg1530491#msg1530491

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 01 August 2019, 16:57:17 »
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 01 August 2019, 16:58:41 »
With all the updated mechs coming in the kickstarter, it makes using old art on the new rule books even more perplexing.

I just had this exact argument on FB. Got a frosty reception.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/471100573465414/permalink/478374852737986/

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 01 August 2019, 17:02:30 »
Jeez, is everything on that page locked behind a login?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #42 on: 01 August 2019, 17:03:48 »
Cant wait for the updates on the "whats up with Catalyst"
I hope the heck someone record the session! That's going to be too important to miss! I will be eternally grateful.

EDIT: sorry for the grammar. I was dictating to my phone and got gibberish i missed some fixes.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2019, 18:06:35 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #43 on: 01 August 2019, 17:13:31 »

When the retro art was initially announced, I thought it was going to be retro-inspired art vs using old book covers and box art. I understand why they went the direction they did but it’s certainly not my preferred option vs a new piece

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Leftovernoodles

• Corporal
« Reply #44 on: 01 August 2019, 17:20:44 »
We've have been talking about it in other threads https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64318.msg1530491#msg1530491

Good to see at least one of these threads getting things done around here!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 01 August 2019, 17:22:47 »

Bah, that's not frosty.  There was:
1) confusion over which books you meant (ie. people not aware of the retro core rulebook covers or that you were refering to them)
2) people saying some books had retro covers and some did not.
3) and people agreeing with you.

not a single pitchfork in sight :).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 01 August 2019, 18:18:47 »
I have a decent number of pictures, including ones of the prototype clan plastics, in the album I linked on page 1. I guess the link didn’t work or no one wanted to click on it! Lazy butts!

Here is the album, which I keep trying to add to: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDHaN8p702HgyQxOxqWrX4yFdCX?e=o3BGh4
« Last Edit: 01 August 2019, 18:23:10 by sadlerbw »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #47 on: 01 August 2019, 18:26:12 »
Printed, I believe, by the inimitable GreatSarcasmo.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 01 August 2019, 18:27:26 »
Anyone at the show have a picture of the plastic dice they have this year? I think I have all from last year except McCarron's Armored Cavalry. Wasn't sure if there are any other ones out there I have missed.

I didn’t see any new plastic dice. The new dice I saw were the aluminum ‘pucks’ with metal dice inside (2 normal sized ones, and four small movement-dice-sized ones), anodized and with a faction logos on them.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 01 August 2019, 18:29:57 »
No time for nice embeds, but here are the pics I got so far. Some are not new, but I was busy!

https://1drv.ms/a/s!ApDHaN8p702HgzEG-q3_rFMFKfS3
Wolves over Titan eh? Think that answers whose fleet it was at the end of Shattered Fortress (as if there was any doubt).

Also what's with the Millenium Falcon's, the picture is really messing with my brain.

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #50 on: 01 August 2019, 18:41:32 »
No time for nice embeds, but here are the pics I got so far. Some are not new, but I was busy!

https://1drv.ms/a/s!ApDHaN8p702HgzEG-q3_rFMFKfS3

Thanks very much for sharing these pics, sadlerbw, much appreciated mate, especially by those who would otherwise never get a chance to see so much new Battletech stuff all in one spot like this!

I'd fight a Ghost Bear naked to get my hands on those new Clan Invasion Mechs (I'd tape my balls to the inside of my leg so they didn't get caught on a Ghost Bear claw though)...

That diorama looks great too...when I first laid eyes on it, I immediately thought that the Mechs were fighting on top of a mirror-imaged Millennium Falcon...

So much cool artwork, this is what really grabs people, new and old alike, it fires up the imagination so well...

OOOoooh, those Ghost Bear dice looks very cool...I wonder if these are the same ones I'll be getting from the Kickstarter???

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #51 on: 01 August 2019, 19:15:17 »
Those prototypes look great.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #52 on: 01 August 2019, 19:29:47 »
Hopefully this works.  Click for link to a bigger image.

« Last Edit: 01 August 2019, 19:31:59 by 00Dawg »

CDT Special Agent #343

General308

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 01 August 2019, 19:39:07 »
Hopefully this works.  Click for link to a bigger image.

Who know that Titan was made from starships from a long time ago in a galaxy far away

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #54 on: 01 August 2019, 19:40:33 »
Wolves over Titan eh? Think that answers whose fleet it was at the end of Shattered Fortress (as if there was any doubt).

Also what's with the Millenium Falcon's, the picture is really messing with my brain.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.     ;D

Space ship model kits are a great source of bits for a project like that, but some shapes are just too iconic to miss.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #55 on: 01 August 2019, 20:01:06 »
That was simply awesome. Thanks for working so hard on this stuff guys! THanks for post links to the pictures, 00Dawg!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #56 on: 01 August 2019, 20:25:24 »
Space ship model kits are a great source of bits for a project like that, but some shapes are just too iconic to miss.
Yeah, I just went for obscuring; you can't hide the Falcon.  Folks in various places have picked up on the Falcons, the snowspeeder, the Vamp, and of course, model ships.  Someone is also zeroing in on one of the other major contributors, but they haven't named it yet.  Waiting for the remaining two major contributors to be noticed, along with the Easter eggs.   

CDT Special Agent #343

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 01 August 2019, 20:30:25 »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.     ;D

My immediate thought was, "HOW DARE they do that to the Falc....oooooh neat 'Mechs".

acemarke

• Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 01 August 2019, 20:42:24 »
Brief combat report for the Feature Event on Thursday:

Scenario was the 8th Battle of Hesperus II, DCMS vs LCAF. DCMS was attempting to storm into a Defiance Industries mech factory.

Initial deployment had the LCAF deploying two assault and one heavy lance to defend, as well as using BSP points for some minefields and eventually artillery shots.  DCMS brought on a company of medium/heavy mechs with better skills, and had BSP allocated to bombing runs.

Things went badly for the LCAF from the start.  A DCMS bombing run landed on a Battlemaster in the middle of the field on turn 1.  The 6x5 clusters scattered to land on the rear chart, two clusters hit LTR, two crits, and popped the ammo.  Dead Beemer.

Within the next couple turns, the other LCAF Battlemaster took head hits, saw the oncoming Drac forces, and stayed prone next to an L1 hill to keep from getting hammered.  When it did stand up, another head hit killed it.

Meanwhile, an LCAF Atlas behind partial cover took a floating TAC, still went CT, and got double-gyroed to drop it behind the hill.

To top it off, LCAF shooting was abysmal.  I was driving a WHM-6R, and of my first 8-9 PPC shots, only 1 landed... and it hit a hill.

DCMS had a Phoenix Hawk LAM zooming around the board, with another entering later.

Towards the end of the game, a "Last Resort" force of factory workers deployed inside the factory itself, driving mechs and vees straight off the assembly line. 

The couple LAMs and a Spider made it inside the factory right near the end.  The Phoenix Hawk LAM decided to shoot a cache of machine gun ammo in the corner of the factory.  The resulting explosion vaporized the PXH and an adjacent LCAF Banshee, crushed several other units into the walls, and dropped half the factory roof on what was left.

A rather frustrating game in the sense of "nothing is going right for us", but an enjoyable time nonetheless.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #59 on: 01 August 2019, 20:47:24 »
Yeah, I just went for obscuring; you can't hide the Falcon.  Folks in various places have picked up on the Falcons, the snowspeeder, the Vamp, and of course, model ships.  Someone is also zeroing in on one of the other major contributors, but they haven't named it yet.  Waiting for the remaining two major contributors to be noticed, along with the Easter eggs.

Well, I see what looks like two sides of a old battery powered B&D tool kit I had.

Surprised no one mentioned the new Executioner positioned behind the Tomahawk, a Classic Omni slipped onto the scene.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register