Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan  (Read 143707 times)

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
Re: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan
« Reply #90 on: 31 July 2020, 02:21:22 »
Is there any source for the colours the Kaumberg Planetary Guards are flying?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #91 on: 31 July 2020, 02:25:08 »
Meh. It has been Friday here for 16 hours.

Greeting from the astounding future! We have cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1TScQwu6g :D 

Also are you sure those cookies are not spiders? (assuming you're in Oz)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #92 on: 31 July 2020, 02:33:13 »
Camo Specs just posted a small diorama on Facebook that looks amazing!  :thumbsup:
https://www.facebook.com/camospecs

This was amazing and it was even better that they got Tex to do the voice over for the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCF-qlts1uE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0sldA5MQXIh4l7_vKtxaYiCDw1Q_KbfLHuKRoiQ6Y1xG4otqAVdLZThSk

Folks should get him to do more VA work for Battletech!

Although when the "Pay your bills..." Came up at the end. I couldn't help but think of Mackie the Comstar Clown.

https://youtu.be/ZQVrAdhCfc4?t=7714

*sinister kazoos*
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: 31 July 2020, 02:36:01 »
I would rather have reasonable narrative deaths than just tossing two survivors off the boat.  The MWDA faction leader I would rather kick off is Daoshen . . . he is well past his expiration date for a House Lord.

Sorry. Dao Shen is not an original MW:DA faction leader.

As far as Tessa vs. Tara, look at it this way. Anastasia goes off and fights against Tara, someone she has never beaten before. Tara goes off and fights the person who has always been trying to wreck up her republic. They kill each other at the climax of the battle and then free us for what comes next. The long promised new characters and a new path.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #94 on: 31 July 2020, 02:38:55 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1TScQwu6g :D 

Also are you sure those cookies are not spiders? (assuming you're in Oz)

Technically Australia doesn't have cookies for linguistic reasons.

Honestly I am waiting for a Kiwi to jump in and claim being further in the future 

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #95 on: 31 July 2020, 04:13:38 »
This is indeed the product you're thinking of.
YAY!   :D

Thanks!   :thumbsup:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

ShadowSwordmaster

• Sergeant
« Reply #96 on: 31 July 2020, 04:37:29 »
That diorama is great.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #97 on: 31 July 2020, 09:50:06 »
Sorry. Dao Shen is not an original MW:DA faction leader.

As far as Tessa vs. Tara, look at it this way. Anastasia goes off and fights against Tara, someone she has never beaten before. Tara goes off and fights the person who has always been trying to wreck up her republic. They kill each other at the climax of the battle and then free us for what comes next. The long promised new characters and a new path.

Never said Liao was in the original release- I played, I know it was an expansion- but he was a original Dark Age faction leader, while the Cappies were not on the table they were mentioned in fluff and so was he . . . we talk about change over, and Daoshen is the rare bird.  Going with the added mini-factions . . . Jasek Kelswa-Steiner also died, Evan Ward of the Kell Hounds, the ELH, not sure what happened to the Ronin or 21st, which leaves the Roughriders about the only ones still standing.  Every other House has replaced their leader by 3150- Trillian with the Lyrans, Yori with the Dracs, Julian (3rd btw) with the FedSuns, Nikol with the League (sort of 3rd- 1st was vacant chair, 2nd was Jessica), and the Republic (could technically be 3rd).  Among the Clans half have changed leadership- Wolves (Seth Ward), Falcons (Jana Pryde), Cats (Nostra), Warden Wolves (Patrik Fetladral) while the Bears, Horses, Ravens and Sharks have kept their leaders.

Both Tara and Anastasia killing each other off is lazy- and unlikely.  For one thing, I would be interested in a story of Clan-hating Tara Campbell leading her surviving Highlanders off Northwind that is under the control of the ilClan to return to the mercenary trade . . . but pushed out to the periphery.  Though if Malvina survives and controls . . . well, what the Steel Wolves did to Northwind will be nothing compared to what Malvina will lead her Falcons to visit upon that world- could be a good story.

The above also shows, unlike other eras, we have had a good amount of personnel churn during the 18 years of war since Grey Monday.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #98 on: 31 July 2020, 10:57:47 »
SO: Thermo Police is awesome as well, highly recommended.

Again thanks to the writers you did a great job with this one

Thank you! Those are great reviews and I really appreciate the kind words.

(The Krieghund is new to this Spotlight On and probably pretty rare to find even way out on the planet Thazi!)

Dak

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #99 on: 31 July 2020, 12:53:52 »
Is there any source for the colours the Kaumberg Planetary Guards are flying?

All those words I wrote on them and I didn't even consider the possibility that someone would want their colors! I am SO washed up!

Well, given the planetary colors are the black, red, and gold of the modern German flag, and the disparate components of the KPG's total force as a conglomeration of multiple minor noble house guards plus a "people's army" core, I'd go with...

CSO Folks, please take note: This is about as canonical as it gets.

Parade Colors & insignia: Forest Green, with the shoulders and upper arms (forward fenders of vehicles, forward fuselage of fighters, and forward flanks of naval vessels) painted in bands of black, red, and gold (top to bottom on 'Mech arms; back to front on vehicles, fighters, and naval vessels; slant the bands slightly forward on the top for naval vessels for something of a "patriotic dazzle" effect).

The white Kaumberger dove (also seen on the planetary flag) appears on the front left torso of KPG 'Mechs, the left side of vehicle turrets (if none, use the aft left hull), the left wing of fighters (top and bottom), and the top fore-deck and port-side command tower (or forward-most non-turret superstructure) of naval vessels (capital ships also fly the Kaumberg flag on the bow mast). The Steiner crest appears at equal size and height on the unit's opposing (right) forward torso, turret/hull, wing, superstructure. Naval vessels also fly the Lyran Commonwealth's banner from the main mast.

Finally, baronial crests appear on the front of the left leg (left foreleg for quads) of KPG 'Mechs, the forward hull of vehicles, the tails of fighters, and as a banner on the aft mast of naval vessels. If the unit is not part of a baronial house, the crest is replaced by the Kaumberg flag. (If the unit is one of the surplus machines loaned to another barony under the terms of the latest defense act, the crest shown is that of the barony operating said unit, set against a disc in the primary colors of the barony that actually owns it.)

Of course, now I'd have to work out what the 18 baronial crests are in 3130. I may have notes somewhere for the Dekkerson, Hasseldorf, and LeSat insignia at least, but it would take me a while to find them.

- Herb
« Last Edit: 31 July 2020, 12:56:49 by HABeas2 »

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #100 on: 31 July 2020, 13:00:00 »
interesting.
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 31 July 2020, 13:03:51 »
Can you folks hear how hard I'm hammering on the F5 button on my keyboard?

Lots of good stuff in the hopper for today!   :D :D :D

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #102 on: 31 July 2020, 13:05:49 »
Can you folks hear how hard I'm hammering on the F5 button on my keyboard?

Lots of good stuff in the hopper for today!   :D :D :D

We have a problem I know but if you will excuse me I have to go back to hitting F5

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #103 on: 31 July 2020, 13:39:31 »
Hmm... Not the easiest scheme out there, but not the hardest either, and definitely distinctive. Also, you have my eternal gratitude for saying gold instead of yellow. :thumbsup:
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #104 on: 31 July 2020, 13:48:25 »
Hmm... Not the easiest scheme out there, but not the hardest either, and definitely distinctive. Also, you have my eternal gratitude for saying gold instead of yellow. :thumbsup:

You kidding? It's way simpler than the Davion Heavy Guards! Mostly green, with black, red, and gold shoulder-to-elbow colors, then insignia. Done!

I could have done another fade, y'know!

Oh, and before you ask, you ol' spacer, these colors don't apply to spacecraft. The KPG doesn't get fancy with those, leaving the ships in plain mono-chromatic green or grays, with only the Kaumberg flag stamped on a couple bay doors.

- Herb
« Last Edit: 31 July 2020, 13:52:42 by HABeas2 »

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #105 on: 31 July 2020, 14:02:10 »
Now Available – Technical Readout: Golden Century, Era Digest: Golden Century, Recognition Guide: ilClan vol. 4, Athletic T-Shirt Restock

Gen Con may be online this year, but we’re marking the biggest weekend in gaming with a slate of new BattleTech releases!

Technical Readout: Golden Century
Price: $29.99, Print-on-Demand with PDF included; $14.99, PDF only

“Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down to darkness.”

While the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere decimated each other over the shattered remains of the Star League and slid into the technological dark age of the Succession Wars, the Clans of Kerensky entered into a golden era of prosperity. Bereft of Nicholas Kerensky’s leadership, the Clans pushed their technological capabilities to their limits, developing devastating new weapons and technologies and flooding the battlefields of the Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster with powerful war machines as they trialed each other for supremacy.

Technical Readout: Golden Century unveils the weapons and technologies developed during a pivotal era in Clan history, when the Clans came of age and matured into what they are today. Technical Readout: Golden Century debuts the production and custom machines used by the Children of Kerensky in the early twenty-ninth and thirtieth centuries. Statistics and Record Sheets are included for 29 new advanced and experimental BattleMechs, OmniMechs, vehicles, aerospace, battle armor and WarShip units ready for play. In addition, a complete section covers the experimental designs introduced by the nascent Clans immediately following the Pentagon campaign.

Catalyst Game Labs Store (PDF only): https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-technical-readout-golden-century
DriveThruRPG (Print-on-Demand w/PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/318818/BattleTech-Technical-Readout-Golden-Century

Era Digest: Golden Century
Price: $14.99, Print-on-Demand with PDF included; $9.95, PDF only

Birth of a new society…

The Clans, brainchild of Nicholas Kerensky, emerged from the ashes of the decimated Star League Defense Force to create a new order in distant lands. Ritualizing combat, they established a new society where only the strongest warriors rule and justice is won through battle.

Ironically, it would be the death of the Clans’ founder that would catalyze this new society and spur a period of amazing technological and social growth known as the Golden Century. This was the age where Kerensky’s warriors and their descendants truly forged themselves into the powerful army that would one day return to the Inner Sphere in a righteous Crusade.

Era Digest: Golden Century is a mini-sourcebook that describes the development of the Clans at their origin in a new series format, giving players a glimpse of early Clan life, the basics of Clan rituals, and a look at the rise and fall of Clan Mongoose. Complete with rules and stats for several Golden Century units–including the first OmniMechs–Era Digest: Golden Century also features role-playing support for this crucial period in BattleTech history!

Catalyst Game Labs Store (PDF only): https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-era-digest-golden-century-pdf
DriveThruRPG (POD w/PDF): https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/83860/BattleTech-Era-Digest-Golden-Century

BattleMech Recognition Guide: ilClan, Vol. 4
Price: $3.99, PDF only

The march of technology across BattleTech’s eras is relentless—but some BattleMech designs never die. Each installment of this PDF-only series not only includes a brand new BattleMech or OmniMech, but also details Classic ’Mech designs from both the Inner Sphere and the Clans, now fully rebuilt with Dark Age technology (3085 and beyond).

Allowing beloved units redesigned for the BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter to be competitive on “modern” battlefields, this series also includes in-universe development notes, battle histories, notable pilots, and record sheets for each ‘Mech. Released as a series of 22 PDF-only documents through the end of 2020 and early 2021, many ’Mechs featured in this series will be collected as a single print volume upon its completion.

Catalyst Game Labs Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-recognition-guide-ilclan-vol-4
DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/322381/BattleTech-Recognition-Guide-ilClan-Vol-4

MechWarrior Academy Athletic T-Shirts
$24.99 each

First time available online!

Wear your alma mater with pride with these athletic t-shirts displaying one of the Inner Sphere’s finest military academies on the front, and an iconic BattleMech on the back. Now including the all-new Allison MechWarrior Institute for the Free Worlds League fans!

Catalyst Game Labs Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/athletic-shirts
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #106 on: 31 July 2020, 14:05:14 »
AH!  I am going to end up with a larger collection of shirts!

*goes to DL RecG4*
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #107 on: 31 July 2020, 14:06:47 »
A Wasp that can keep up with its old friend the Locust . . . and a Wasp C, lol.
Colt Ward

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #108 on: 31 July 2020, 14:10:42 »
There goes my money

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #109 on: 31 July 2020, 14:11:22 »
Everyone, watch the video.  The best part is at the end. :thumbsup:

Ok, that was very, very good! "trumped up telecom company on the warpath" ftw!
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #110 on: 31 July 2020, 14:11:30 »
Love the new shirts!
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

PsylockeSmythe

• Sergeant
« Reply #111 on: 31 July 2020, 14:12:18 »
Already ordered both Golden Century books and the Rec Guide.  I'll have to think on the t-shirts.  Very tempting.

Psy

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #112 on: 31 July 2020, 14:15:16 »
Already ordered both Golden Century books and the Rec Guide.  I'll have to think on the t-shirts.  Very tempting
if I have my way we’ll get a 12thVR shirt yet!  :thumbsup:
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #113 on: 31 July 2020, 14:15:44 »
Nice, a new Steiner shirt.  I've got the old one and was disappointed that the commando is way down at the bottom instead of up by the shoulders.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #114 on: 31 July 2020, 14:15:52 »
I've noticed that many entries in TRO: Golden Century reuse old art. Will the same occur in TRO: Irregulars or that e-pub will contain only new art?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #115 on: 31 July 2020, 14:16:58 »
I've noticed that many entries in TRO: Golden Century reuse old art. Will the same occur in TRO: Irregulars or that e-pub will contain only new art?
the same goes for Irregulars.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #116 on: 31 July 2020, 14:17:34 »
Already ordered both Golden Century books and the Rec Guide.  I'll have to think on the t-shirts.  Very tempting.

Psy

Same. But these factionalized items always drive me crazy. I really try not to play favorites among the factions, so...which do I choose??
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #117 on: 31 July 2020, 14:18:02 »
the same goes for Irregulars.
thanks for your quick answer :)

PsylockeSmythe

• Sergeant
« Reply #118 on: 31 July 2020, 14:33:57 »
Same. But these factionalized items always drive me crazy. I really try not to play favorites among the factions, so...which do I choose??
For me, if I had to choose it would be down to the Davion and Steiner, due to the mechs on them and those were the two factions that I ended up playing the most in back in the old BT MUX days. 

if I have my way we’ll get a 12thVR shirt yet!  :thumbsup:
That one I would buy, since it was the first faction I was in back in the day on BT3065 site and my first real introduction to playing the game.

Psy

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #119 on: 31 July 2020, 14:45:13 »
I have to commend the authors and powers that be, for TRO:Golden Century. I had been very worried that the book would be a treasure trove of units that would be forever trapped in the past, but they have left the door open to using so many of these in modern play.

Between that, and the ilClan Recognition Guides stoking the fortunes of the Invasion Era Omnis, I am one happy clanner :D
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Register