Author Topic: What's in the Pipeline 2: the Wrath of Speck  (Read 179266 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Re: What's in the Pipeline 2: the Wrath of Speck
« Reply #120 on: 11 February 2021, 01:22:17 »
If you need replacement part for the New catapult with the issue on the Arrow IV launcher, please fill out the  IWM support form.

Hey, I just got the mini with defect and filled out the form, but I got an error report when I submitted it:

A sequence has been detected that could mean a hacker attack. Your request cannot be processed.

However, it did send a copy of the form to my email address.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #121 on: 11 February 2021, 03:05:42 »
Had that same problem, they did get the flaw report.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #122 on: 11 February 2021, 09:44:54 »
Any plans for an Oni aerospace fighter at some point?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #123 on: 11 February 2021, 09:53:45 »
Any news on the Thunderbolt and Commando variant release?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #124 on: 11 February 2021, 10:29:39 »
hopefully when we get the q2/q3 release schedule they'll pop up

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: 11 February 2021, 14:27:46 »
After the announcement of the delayed Wave 2 Kickstarter minis, I am also eagerly awaiting the next release for Q2 and Q3 from IWM.  IWM sculpt design and quality has been much better recently!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #126 on: 19 February 2021, 17:19:44 »
Any word on new releases, including the Regulator ArrowIV turrets?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #127 on: 21 February 2021, 21:35:51 »
Any plans for an Oni aerospace fighter at some point?

At this point no, unless it is Fan Funded.

Any idea when the new White Raven/Black Python sculpt from RecGuide 12 is coming? If it needs fan funding to get a quicker release I'm sure myself and others would be more than willing to chip in.

It is not in process right now. If you are interesting in Fan Funding it PM me and if there is enough interest I will open a thread.

Any news on the Thunderbolt and Commando variant release?

No update, we had a change in who was finishing the conversation of box set mechs and we had some delays. It has been sorted out but starting with Wolverine and variant. The Thunderbolt and Commando will get completed.

hopefully when we get the q2/q3 release schedule they'll pop up

Q2 I hope to get posted soon. Need to finalize the last two models.

Any word on new releases, including the Regulator ArrowIV turrets?

Last 2020 distro release and the Arrow IV Turret will be on webstore by next weekend. I have been behind last few weeks with some things coming up at home and not getting time to build the models for pictures. Also plan to post the Catapult Arrow Sprue.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #128 on: 21 February 2021, 21:44:07 »
Is there going to be a Kokou tank model in the works?

Easiest would be reusing the Burke body and a Shreck PPC Turret. But if you want us to repurpose the Burke mini, I can deal with that too.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #129 on: 21 February 2021, 21:59:05 »
If your question regarding "will this be a mini" is about a non-'Mech unit, in general, the answer is going to be "not right now, maybe fan funding if enough people say something" based on everything Speck has said in the last couple years.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #130 on: 21 February 2021, 22:04:17 »
the only real hope for non-mech units is in the web-exclusive releases. a couple vehicles pop up there so there's a non-zero chance

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #131 on: 21 February 2021, 22:37:41 »
Yeah, I know...

I check every week...

It's " fluffed " as an upgrade to the Burke, was just wondering if they might just might make a new turret variant, or swap one form the Schrek.

That's all...

Either way, Speck's one of the greats, quiaff?  :thumbsup:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #132 on: 21 February 2021, 22:48:12 »
oh right... unfortunately if it used the Burke art in the TRO. without new art the odds of getting a new mini are probably basically nil

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #133 on: 21 February 2021, 22:51:21 »
 . . . they hey-day of vehicles, if it ever was, has passed.  It has clearly been announced as TPTB as having passed.  It has been recently told to you I know in the RecGuide discussions . . .

HOWEVER . . . making suggestions like you did for the Kokou has merit IMO.  Okay, it is a Burke body . . . never seen one, but we have several triple gun turrets.  I do not have them all, nor do I have the ability to look at the ones I have so . . . just how hard would it be to mate a Burke body to a Schrek/Alacorn/DI Morgan/anything else?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #134 on: 21 February 2021, 22:56:18 »
Not very, if the turrets are all reasonably scaled to each other.

. . . they hey-day of vehicles, if it ever was, has passed.  It has clearly been announced as TPTB as having passed.  It has been recently told to you I know in the RecGuide discussions . . .

HOWEVER . . . making suggestions like you did for the Kokou has merit IMO.  Okay, it is a Burke body . . . never seen one, but we have several triple gun turrets.  I do not have them all, nor do I have the ability to look at the ones I have so . . . just how hard would it be to mate a Burke body to a Schrek/Alacorn/DI Morgan/anything else?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #135 on: 22 February 2021, 01:23:37 »
Here's a Burke with turret, next to a Schrek turret, Pike, Alacorn, and DI Morgan. The Pike will probably look the least bad.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #136 on: 22 February 2021, 01:42:44 »
Yup, seems like the Pike turret would work best, I just do not know how the nob/dip for the connection is at this time.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #137 on: 22 February 2021, 07:33:07 »
You would file it off and pin most likely

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #138 on: 22 February 2021, 08:17:15 »
The Burke has the only rectangular PPC housings that I can think of off-hand. Why would the Kokou not have rectangular laser housings?

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #139 on: 22 February 2021, 11:22:08 »
Okay, sounds like Wolverine is the next IWM "classic" release?  Cool.  Then the plan is to finish the box set mechs, which would mean Awesome/Battlemaster are coming up.  I would assume we would get the AWS-9Q arm as a variant.  That's nice.  Then its off to the rest of the "classic" designs.  I would guess the Archer and Warhammer would be good candidates for early scuplts.  The ARC-4W variant would be great.  But that's got to be years down the road.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #140 on: 22 February 2021, 11:39:31 »
The only mod I see needed to turn a Burke into a Kokou is getting 15 holes into the 10 launcher.

The Burke has the only rectangular PPC housings that I can think of off-hand. Why would the Kokou not have rectangular laser housings?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #141 on: 22 February 2021, 12:57:25 »

Why not?  A lot of the art in TROGC was stand in art . . . so if you wanted something visually close but still distinct, changing the weapon mount look b/c the weapons are different works.  As far as the missiles . . . what about the new parts 15 missile plate?
Colt Ward

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #142 on: 22 February 2021, 13:01:20 »
Okay, sounds like Wolverine is the next IWM "classic" release?  Cool.  Then the plan is to finish the box set mechs, which would mean Awesome/Battlemaster are coming up.  I would assume we would get the AWS-9Q arm as a variant.  That's nice.  Then its off to the rest of the "classic" designs.  I would guess the Archer and Warhammer would be good candidates for early scuplts.  The ARC-4W variant would be great.  But that's got to be years down the road.

This might be a stretch . . . I would expect them to continue the GoAC box but expect the CI box and first two Clan star mechs to start sprinkling into that wave since the plastics have now hit retail.  I mean we might honestly see a Marauder or Warhammer before a Awesome.

How do you figure the Wolverine is next?  Q2 & Q3 post is not up yet as far as I can find.  I mean Q1 had no GoAC or KS mechs included- a TROGC and 2 RecGuide designs.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #143 on: 22 February 2021, 13:05:26 »
No update, we had a change in who was finishing the conversation of box set mechs and we had some delays. It has been sorted out but starting with Wolverine and variant. The Thunderbolt and Commando will get completed.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #144 on: 22 February 2021, 13:27:40 »
Lol, my apologies, I went right to the IWM site and then re-checked speck's statement about Q2 & Q3 announcements.  Missed that it was the line right above it.
Colt Ward

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #145 on: 22 February 2021, 13:51:39 »
This might be a stretch . . . I would expect them to continue the GoAC box but expect the CI box and first two Clan star mechs to start sprinkling into that wave since the plastics have now hit retail.  I mean we might honestly see a Marauder or Warhammer before a Awesome.
As long as we've had the new Battlemaster, I'm not sure what the Hold up has been seeing it in metal.   :(

As for the MAD and WHM in Metal, I've been Hoping for a couple of years now that we'll see a Classic "Assault Lance Boxed Set" at Gen Con.  The old RP Box had 1 each Battlemaster and Marauder, and 2 Warhammers!   :excited:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #146 on: 22 February 2021, 14:09:57 »
Because IWM releases recently at best 3 new minis a quarter, last year's releases got FUBAR'd, and they are still dropping 3145, Primitives, and now TROGC & 'current' timeline RecGuide minis.  I mean Q1 was 1 GoldCent and 2 RecGuides.  I would not be surprised with Q2 being Wolverine(IS GoAC/KS), KS mech- prob Clan, and RecGuide mech with that pattern being repeated the rest of the year.

Is GenCon even going to happen?  I know my state's gaming con I attend has already canceled though that was b/c the city's insanity rather than national issues.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #147 on: 22 February 2021, 14:41:29 »
they permanently dropped from four retail quarterly releases to three starting Q1 of 2018.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #148 on: 22 February 2021, 14:42:53 »
Lol, my apologies, I went right to the IWM site and then re-checked speck's statement about Q2 & Q3 announcements.  Missed that it was the line right above it.

No worries. 

We are all just extrapolating off of what details we can squeeze out of Speck anyways... 

I'd just like to take this moment to point out how cool it is that IWM can still provide us with a new miniature that was designed/made in the 1980s... along with brand new miniatures that were designed mere months ago.  Keep being awesome, IWM!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #149 on: 22 February 2021, 17:41:21 »
Real reason I asked was why a new mini might be in order, I'd rather support my official miniature maker by buying it from them.

If they, and CGL, do come up with the official mini looks, I'll be buying it.

But, again if, IWM wants to, with CGL's blessing, reuse previous sculpts, who am I to not buy?

Or something like that... different turrets on different vehicles that use them.

( In the past, I've re-used turrets to give something weird, Like a Behemoth's turret on a Demolisher tank. )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse