Author Topic: Mech-Scale Dropship?  (Read 4472 times)

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
Mech-Scale Dropship?
« on: 27 December 2020, 14:12:42 »
Other than the Mech-Scale Leopard from IWM and the Dark Ages Aurora dropships, is their a commercially available Mech-Scale dropship? Preferably spheroid?

I'm trying to sidestep building one from scratch (which includes 3-D printing), but have had no luck in finding a kit.

Caz

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: Mech-Scale Dropship?
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2020, 14:25:30 »
IIRC there was a Union-class ship made out of plaster available in the long ago, but the only licensed mech-scale model on the market right now is the IWM Leopard. The Aurora works well on a tabletop but it is scaled to Dark Age rather than regular BattleTech/Alpha Strike.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2020, 14:27:17 »
Canon? Not aware of any, although was there a Broadsword out there in mech scale at one point? No, a quick search shows it was mapscale.

There are toys out there which would make good bases, otherwise it's hamster ball & greeblies time, I think.

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2020, 16:07:16 »
Wasn't the Fortress from the KS 'mech scale?  ???

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2020, 16:14:52 »
Wasn't the Fortress from the KS 'mech scale?  ???

Nope, it's the IWM map-scale one.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2020, 16:17:13 »
Ah, rog... thanks for the correction!  :thumbsup:

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2020, 16:21:34 »
There are some very old and very rare ceramic Union and Leopard in mechscale around there from mitic-maria. IWM later made a Leopard that looks different.
All other mechscale dropships around should be home made.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2020, 00:24:20 »
Other than the Mech-Scale Leopard from IWM and the Dark Ages Aurora dropships, is their a commercially available Mech-Scale dropship? Preferably spheroid?
How big do you want it?  While they're not sold as 'Mech-scale, IWM's map-scale Union and Fortress are fairly close to the dimensions of a 'Mech-scale Confederate. The Union is a few centimeters small but looks closest in appearance. I'm not sure on the exact size of the Fortress, but it's larger.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2020, 16:08:27 »
Canon? Not aware of any, although was there a Broadsword out there in mech scale at one point? No, a quick search shows it was mapscale.

There are toys out there which would make good bases, otherwise it's hamster ball & greeblies time, I think.

Honestly, Easter is a great time to look for Dropships appropriate hulls.  I snagged some 8 or 10 inch tall hollow egg that was for décor that will become a DS as long as I can keep it from my toddler.  I also found some 1 foot egg shaped thing at WalMart that was some surprise art kit- has crayons, pencils and other craft stuff inside.  Kid gets the crafts and I get the egg . . . wife rolled her eyes.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2020, 02:28:19 »
Folks,

It's Christmas season. Be nice to Catalyst, IWM, and Topps, and stop advertising/mentioning people selling illegal reproductions/imitations of BT intellectual property!  :'(

Correction - I was wrong. Hardware Studios are considered kosher by CGL. Apologies for any inadvertent glowering, as I literally had not got the memo.

Worktroll
« Last Edit: 29 December 2020, 15:08:03 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Wolverine

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2021, 16:35:59 »
hi,
I kitbashed a few Unions that were mech scale based on some star wars model kits that are probably still available.  I did have to cut out 2 circular floor bulkheads tho.  Not to tough really.  The opening doors work well and it splits in 2 for easy access for mechs inside it.
Jim
"It's called the Awesome for a very good reason"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2021, 17:44:52 »
Deathstar models?  Interesting idea . . . I found the transporter from Force Awakens that is 6 inchest . . . it would make a suitable aerodyne DS IMO.  Reminds me I need to find a mechscale Firefly so I can make a DroST II.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2021, 18:21:26 »
Reminds me I need to find a mechscale Firefly so I can make a DroST II.
Look for the Firefly edition of Yahtzee. Bonus: it's a dice cup.

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2021, 00:50:37 »
Folks,

It's Christmas season. Be nice to Catalyst, IWM, and Topps, and stop advertising/mentioning people selling illegal reproductions/imitations of BT intellectual property!  :'(

Correction - I was wrong. Hardware Studios are considered kosher by CGL. Apologies for any inadvertent glowering, as I literally had not got the memo.

Worktroll

Feel free to reinstate my post :)

Register