Author Topic: Martelli Castle  (Read 3013 times)

KuzeFanAcct

• Corporal
Martelli Castle
« on: 13 March 2021, 01:29:47 »
For the narrative 3050 FEDCOM Mercenary vs. Clan Smoke Jaguar campaign I'm currently running, we had a major setpiece battle to resolve not only the fate of some bondsmen, but also the survival of the planetary governor. As the evil Clanner GM, I am not too proud to admit that adhering to the rules of batchall and zellbrigen was my downfall. However, the scenery was something to die for. Just take a look:

Apologies for the slightly disorganized Heroscape terrain, I don't wanna risk breaking the old/cheap plastic by snapping it together. The 2d mapsheet is custom designed by me per scenario.

Here is an unidentified Clanner hostile holding down the fort as Cypher Novazi and Logan Cass engage the invading freebirth mercenary scum.

Just a lovely landscape shot of the horizontal scope of the field. Yes, those are Inner Sphere assault mechs causing trouble.

The mercenary Nightstar contemplates their odds taking on not one, but two Smoke Jaguar 'Mechs.

The Nova Cat secures a lucky headshot long before the Mad Dog has to consider breaking zellbrigen.

Said Mad Dog decides to go toe to toe against the Battlemaster as his Nova Cat comrade decides to be an honor-loving coward.

Probably my favorite setpiece in the history of Battletech. I absolutely plan on reusing this setup in the future.

Hope you liked this! Leave a post if you have any suggestions to improve on this feudal format! I got the papercraft Osaka Castle kit when I visted over a year ago, but I'm sure you can find something better online.

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
Re: Martelli Castle
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2021, 08:28:24 »
Love the layout, and the underlying map is beautiful. Nice work!
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2021, 09:36:57 »
Nice work indeed!  :thumbsup:

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2021, 10:46:31 »
I echo the sentiments of the previous posters.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2021, 10:54:43 »
Very Nice layout...though better be careful of pics showcasing 'un-official' BT products lest ye be warned.

But, very nice!  :thumbsup:
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2021, 19:05:36 »
Now that is a bit of amazing terrain!
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2021, 10:22:42 »
Hope you liked this! Leave a post if you have any suggestions to improve on this feudal format! I got the papercraft Osaka Castle kit when I visted over a year ago, but I'm sure you can find something better online.
I tried some paper terrain, but it was too fragile and didn't survive for very long. It was nowhere near that beautiful castle. Honor to the Dragon, I guess.
(+)