Author Topic: Battletech Long Island III  (Read 107771 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Reply #690 on: 27 May 2022, 17:04:29 »
1. Which is worse: the target being killed, or getting away?

2. How long do we have to delay him before the dropship leaves?

3. If he gets past us, can we send our fastest units to intercept him before he reaches his dropship?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #691 on: 27 May 2022, 18:19:16 »
1. Which is worse: the target being killed, or getting away?

First off you have many targets.
All of the Kokuryu-kai forces are your target.
If the BattleMechs get away they will be back at some time down the road.
If they die in combat they are fallen heroes of the Kokuryu-kai.

As for Nakazawa and his people same thing.

Both are bad

Taking them so they stand trial is the best thing.

2. How long do we have to delay him before the dropship leaves?

That is not something any of you would know.

The only thing can say is until the Drop ship takes off.

3. If he gets past us, can we send our fastest units to intercept him before he reaches his dropship?

Once more you have a few targets on this.

If we are talking about the Kokuryu-kai you do have to get past the dug in tanks and weapons turrets.

If we are talking about Nakazawa you have to figure out his route to the shop. Get past the dug in armor and the BattleMechs moving to the ship.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #692 on: 28 May 2022, 06:09:08 »
Thanks!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the earliest we can get into Brother's Grimm is 1pm?

One other thing: I'm getting rid of the 4x6 grass mat that I've been using for my alpha strike games.  I found something I like better.  Does anyone want it?

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #693 on: 28 May 2022, 15:32:17 »
I think they open at 12. The setup and trickling in can make us start at 1. Plus gamer time.
Strength Through Perseverance

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #694 on: 28 May 2022, 16:32:01 »
They just cut back their hours.  They are open 1-6.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #695 on: 28 May 2022, 19:28:55 »
“Salvage team to Duke, we spotted a couple of dust clouds to the North-East your location. From what we can see it looks to be more enemy units moving to Nakazawa’s place. You need to check them or they will hit the assault force in the rear flank.”
“Duke to salvage thanks for the heads up, Duke to team swing around 180. We will see what they have moving in on us.”

“Recon 1230 to command, have the assault units move to their left. That area is clear and they just might get a shot at the Kokuryu-kai ‘Mechs. They will still have to deal with the dug in armor and the remote turrets but they will not have to deal with the minefields.”
“Roger 1230, assault units to move left. Did you spot the DS that was reported in the area?”
“Negative command, if it is close is must be in a valley.”
“Roger 1230, do keep an eye out for it.”
“Roger command. We are moving to a new location, looks like we have some unwanted interest in our current location. We will be out of touch until we find a new location.”
“Roger 1230. Keep your heads down.”

I hope you all are going to do what the recon informed you of  ::)

If not then I see a lot of crispy 'Mech legs on the BBQ list this weekend  >:D

Knuxie

• Recruit
    • Twitter
« Reply #696 on: 29 May 2022, 07:36:01 »
I may be a little late, as I have work. I'll be the one in a PSA Security uniform.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #697 on: 29 May 2022, 13:20:20 »
Gunji Kojo {military factory} is an independent Nejiroan defense contractor located in the Vulcan Arms Industrial Park. It is a publicly traded company with shares currently worth 612 Ryu each. Gunji Kojo manufactures a diverse array of military hardware including - military combat and support vehicles, military autonomous vehicles, military amphibious vehicles, military remote piloted vehicles, field guns, machine guns, autocannons, missile systems, vehicle armor, personnel armor, satellite systems, lasers, heat sinks, amplifiers, firearms, support weapons, munitions, also guidance, communication, sensors and electronics, navigation, and control systems. Their catalog includes:

Saemae {falcon} fifty ton hover combat vehicle that carries three crew, an ICE engine with heat sinks that provides speeds to 151 km/h and fires a medium laser and two short range missile system six packs 

Tenma {pegasus} thirty five ton hover environmentally sealed amphibious combat vehicle with a six ton cargo or infantry compartment (two platoons of foot or one special platoon) and six tons of electronics, communications, and sensors, the ICE engine provides speeds to 129 km/h for a crew of three; the armed variants either carry two short range missile systems six packs and a medium laser, or two short range missile system four packs and a remote sensor dispenser with sensors (30 per half ton)   

Fuyunotaka {winter hawk} twenty ton hover combat vehicle carries a four ton infantry compartment with a fuel cell engine that provides speeds to 162 km/h and fires one short range missile system two pack and two machine guns from a turret

Suisei {comet} thirty five ton tracked combat vehicle has an ICE engine that provides speeds to 146 km/h, it carries a hogosho {guardian} electronic suite and a sentinel sensor suite, and fires two autocannon/5 and two machie guns from a turret 

Caiman twenty five ton environmentally sealed amphibious wheeled combat vehicle carries a one ton sensor suite, an ICE engine with heat sink that provides speeds up to 119 km/h and fires a medium laser     

Samshoo Sharyo {salamander vehicles} an independent private Nejiroan defense contractor with facilities in the Vulcan Arms Industrial Park that manufactures apc's, ground and naval military combat vehicles, emergency and hazardous materials vehicles, military support vehicles, and also runs a technical and engineering section that has maintenance contracts and does custom builds, renovation, salvage, and upgrades. Their catalog includes: 

Ariete sixty five ton tracked combat vehicle with an ICE engine that provides speeds up to 64 km/h and fires three autocannon/10 from a turret 

Thunder eighty five ton tracked combat vehicle that fires three long range missile system fifteen packs from a turret and two swivel mounted machine guns on each side, its ICE engine provides speeds up to 54 km/h   

Firefly ninety five ton tracked combat vehicle carries thirty two heat sinks, an ICE engine that provides speeds to 54 km/h and fire four large lasers from a turret and two long range missile system five packs 

« Last Edit: 31 May 2022, 11:19:45 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #698 on: 29 May 2022, 16:48:51 »
The Akai Umi {the red ocean} picks up its deep violet color from several sources - minerals from the Akashi Yama, minerals from undersea volcano activity, minerals from the coral reefs, and a wide variety of beneficial algae. The Akai Umi lives within the gap (15288 km) between the east coast of Shinrin and the west coast of Tairiku, and the gap (12472 km) between the east coast of Shinrin and the north coast of the Caoyuen {wild grasslands} continent, and the gap (13880 km) between the east coast of Caoyuen and the west coast of Tairiku. The gaps are the result of continental shifts over millions of years, Shinrin and Caouyen in the southwestern hemisphere were once part of the continent of Tairiku in the southeastern hemisphere, and the continental shelf's over which the Akai Umi sits are enormous. The Akai Umi holds many of the most popular commercial fishing grounds on the planet, and also some of the most populous global sea trade lanes, with most of the traffic out of the cities of Siniy, Majuro, and Port. The Same no Umi {shark ocean} stretches (22530 km)  from the west coast of Shinrin to the east coast of Tairiku, and covers most of the planet. It is home to more than five hundred species of sharks (hence the name) and other very large creatures of the deep. Its sea lanes and trade routes originate mostly from Leyte and then travels to many of the larger islands in the northern hemisphere as well as other ports across the world. The average depth of the oceans is 6820 meters, but the greatest depths lie in the Haishe Mizo {sea serpent trench} in the Same no Umi, it is 14797 meters at its deepest and ranges from 69 kilometers to 198 kilometers wide as it ranges 11748 kilometers in a serpentine manner across the sea floor and forms an arc of one of the three 'Rings of Fire' on planet. Another well known feature of the Same no Umi is the Seiyo Hosho {western barrier reef} consisting of hundreds of small  islands, atolls, and reefs. The Seiyo Hosho lies between fifty and two hundred kilometers off the western coastline of Shinrin, it is 3653 kilometers in length and 514380 square kilometers in area. It is as much as 400 meters deep in places, but as shallow as 35 meters in most. It is clearly visible from space. As it is a Crown Marine Nature Preserve - commercial fishing, mining, and drilling are forbidden in a one hundred kilometer sphere around the reef system, recreational fishing is allowed and licensed, but limited by weights (individual and total catch), species, and times of year. The Seiyo Hosho is regularly patrolled by the Nejiro Defense Troop and by both the NPO Sea Patrol and the Koizumi Kaijo boei-gun to assure this. Permanent structures are not allowed in the Seiyo Hosho Preserve, except for on a few designated islands with limited capacities. It is one of the most popular snorkeling and diving spots on the planet and there are two resorts, Treasure Island Beach Club on Crusoe Isle and Hotel Cairns on Daydream Isle, and a handful of ryokan and minshuku {bed & breakfast} that cater to the tourists. Imagine Starwood Resort on Hitode Shime {starfish isle} is exclusive to the planets Ichizoku membership and The Palm Royale on Silkari Isle is exclusive to the Ichizoku membership of the Shinrin continent. There are numerous multiday sailing trips booked through the cities of Samar and Yakan. La Marina is a floating port that may dock and service up to three hundred boats, yachts, freight ships, or cruise ships located between Crusoe Isle and Tayna Isle {mystery}. Twenty five percent of all fees and licenses generated through tourism in the area goes to the Seiyo Hosho Hozen Kikin {western barrier reef conservation fund} and is applied to the scientific study and conservation of the reef system. The reef system grows an average of two centimeters a year and more than four hundred species of coral, over fifteen hundred species of fish, and four thousand species of mollusk have been identified. Due to the shallower waters around the reef system many of the larger denizens of the deep avoid the west coast of Shinrin altogether, some of which include:

Haishe {sea serpent} an egg laying, gilled, scaled, non-venomous, constrictor sea serpent that grows up to seventy meters long and seven meters wide that hunts anything smaller than itself, they have even attacked submarines and other submersible vehicles

Haelyong {sea dragon} smooth skinned carnivorous mammals in mottled shades of gray, black, and white that have long triangular heads with large eyes and conical bladed teeth, they have four flipper limbs, a dorsal fin, and vertical tail fin used for propulsion with a cruising speed of about fifteen km/h and top speeds of about fifty km/h, they are air breathing and have recorded dives of over three thousand meters for over three hours, they bear live young that grow up to thirty meters long with a  layer of blubber for living in the deep oceans, they use echolocation and sound waves to navigate and communicate   

Osagame {leatherback} tropical tear dropped shape sea turtles that reach lengths up to four meters and weigh as much as nine hundred kilograms and feed largely on jellyfish, they have been observed diving to depths of thirteen hundred meters in pursuit of prey, and moving at thirty three kilometers per hour in the water, females may travel up to twenty thousand kilometers to lay her eggs on favored breeding beaches   

Frilled Sharks with a broad flattened head, rounded fins and a sinuous body covered in sharp chisel shaped denrtricles whose gills form a red fringe around its neck, its serpentine body's cartilageinous skeleton is only slighly calcified to aid in its quick snake like strikes at prey and its ability to hang motionless in deep water, its posterior fins are also able to las out at prey, its jaws filled with three hundred backward trident shaped teeth in rows ends at the back of its head to allow it to engulf prey half as long as its body which may grow up to seven meters long 

Levayathyn are mega octopi (largest sighting via submersible drone, approximate length nine meters, weight two hundred seventy kilograms) that are armored with flexible scales and dentricles, and live mostly deep in the oceans trenches 

Sea Tigers species similar to mackerel shark that uses magnetoreception for navigation, they may grow up to twenty five meters long with a bite force of an average of 182,000 newtons and teeth built for grabbing prey and breaking bone, they travel at speeds up to twenty five km/h and at depths up to eighteen hundred meters, with an ombre grey on grey on grey striped color scheme   

« Last Edit: 12 June 2022, 20:11:24 by eilidhdawn »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #699 on: 29 May 2022, 18:16:01 »
“Salvage team to Duke, we spotted a couple of dust clouds to the North-East your location. From what we can see it looks to be more enemy units moving to Nakazawa’s place. You need to check them or they will hit the assault force in the rear flank.”
“Duke to salvage thanks for the heads up, Duke to team swing around 180. We will see what they have moving in on us.”

I hope you all are going to do what the recon informed you of  ::)

If not then I see a lot of crispy 'Mech legs on the BBQ list this weekend  >:D

Do I have time for repairs? if not, away we go
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #700 on: 29 May 2022, 18:53:52 »
Just out of curiosity, how badly hit was Nakazawa's escape vehicle?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #701 on: 31 May 2022, 10:28:06 »

Do I have time for repairs? if not, away we go

your armor was repaired the internal will have to wait until you get back to base. ammo is what it was after the last mission.

Just out of curiosity, how badly hit was Nakazawa's escape vehicle?

it is salvage.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #702 on: 31 May 2022, 10:33:10 »
“You fool watch what you are doing.”
“Get away from the driver he is doing what he can but they are dropping artillery rounds all around us.”
“Sir it is best you sit down.”

“LOOK OUT EVERYONE ….. HANG ON!” Sounds of large explosions.

After all the fighting has stopped and the last of Nakazawa’a forces have been rounded up the other members of the Raiden squad will return to the spot they loss one of their own. They will look around to find the fallen trooper so that they can give a proper burial to their comrade.

“Well, well what or should I say who do we have all ruffled up in this tank.” From the female trooper with her rifle pointed at the chest of Isao Nakazawa. “Ladies we have one of Nejiro’s Lords with us.” The other troopers get the crew and other passenger out of the flipped over Drillson.
“Get this thing out of my face. You do not understand how the tools of a soldier operate.  You may hurt someone with it if you keep playing like you are a true soldier little girl.”
“You are correct on one thing little LORD! Someone will get hurt if his mouth keeps making noise. NOW Get out of the vehicle or I will drag you out.” She reaches in grabs him and pulls him up.

“Oku shi/roku to Supekuta Ichiban we have his Lordship. He was looking over his lands.” The trooper gives a large smile to Nakazawa.
“Very good I will inform command that his lordship is our guest.” Kalakaua will inform the Governor that our people have Nakazawa and await proper transport for him.

“I want you and your team to bring that traitor in. He will stand trial.”
“We are on our way.” Jack moves out of Meiyo’s office. “Firebird to team we are Oscar Mike. We get to play taxi service for an honored guest.”
A few hours later Jack and his team will board a sub-orbital shuttle.

“Nijero flight control to all flights in the area of Nazakawa Shiro clear that air space. We have an unknown craft in the area. It has no flight plan and is not squawking any ID.”

“Have we found a place for our cargo yet?”
“Not yet sir, the couple of places that would have worked already had someone on them.”
“Great just my luck, so many places but all the good ones are taken.”
“Sir?”
“Never mind. Just have the crews keep looking.”
‘Yes Sir.”

After a day of eating and sleeping in one of the defense turrets Nakazawa is very much not a happy camper. Having to eat his meals in restraints and the dank smells of the bunker not doing well and his temper is pushing the Ghost troopers the wrong way. “IF you do not stop acting like a small child one of us just may spank you.”
“Do not do that he may enjoy it. He acts like one that likes that kind of thing.”
“HOW DARE YOU SPEEK TO ME LIKE THIS. You have no idea what I can and will do to all of you when I have been released.”
“You are not going to do anything and you will not be released anytime soon.”
“That is what you little girls think. When my supporters find me they will take out my vengeance on all of you.”
‘Your supporters have had a full day to find us. We have not done anything to make it hard for them to find us. They moved out of this area and have not returned, you are alone Lord.”
“They will return for me they need me.”
“As you say Lord.”
Jack will walk over to the bunker that the Ghosts have been holding Nakazawa in with the Sho-sa. “So how much trouble has he been?”
“The only trouble he has been is his mouth. He still has all of his teeth but for how much longer I cannot say.”
“Well then I guess it is good that I will be taking him off your hands.”
“Yes …. For him that is.”
“Well Isao the wife and I have been so looking forward to having you over for dinner.” Jack gives his a smirk. ”We do understand that it is hard to make the time for something like a dinner when you are so tied up with things like treason to the lawful government of your world and all the time you just have to spend time with your new Kokuryu-kai friends. We do so understand how fast that time slips away.” Jack reaches out and grabs Nakazawa by the cuffs.  “So let’s get you up and moving.” He gives a hard pull on the cuffs to get him up. “So what would you like for dinner, I know the cook will be so very happy to have just what you would like on the table after we get you all settled in.” Jack will walk him to the shuttle he arrived in.

“You know I almost feel a little sorrow for Nakazawa. He is going to have to deal with the Sho-ko’s wit for the flight.”
“You …. Sorrow for him?”
“I did say almost.” Kalakaua walks to her ‘Mech.

“Chu-i, you and your people will take all the other prisoners to the same location as the others.”
“Hai Sho-ko. They will be handled just like the others.”
“Thank you and your people for taking with the dirty work.” Jack gives a big smile to the Chi-i.
“What do we do with this one?” The Chi-i points to the one in the overpriced suit. “Do we keep him or hand him over to the Civvies?”
“”Well, well I think he should ride with us, dressed like this he need to ride first class after all.” Looking at two of his team. “Gentlemen would you two please bring Isao’s friend with us.” Two members of Jacks team collect the suit and see to it that he gets to the shuttle. “He is your friend of yours Isao? He must be a friend of yours Isao. Dressed like that yes a good friend. Do you think should we have him join us for dinner? Sure you do …. after all he is your friend. Is he not?” Jack gives Nakazawa a hard push into the shuttle. “We must treat your good friends just as we treat you.”

“Inform the GSF that the militia will be collecting the Behemoth, Ontos, LREM Carrier, three Tokugawa Turrets and the remote turrets. All the other weapons systems will be repaired so they can protect the area.”
“What about the Schreks and Drillson and salvage from the other wrecked vehicles?”
“They can have them.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #703 on: 31 May 2022, 10:50:24 »
At a pirate point in the Epsilon Pegasus system a group of JumpShips fade in.
“Sensors report!”
“Sir we are picking up wreckage at both Nadir and Zenith points sir!“
“Any idea on what it is?”
“From what we are picking, I would say fighters and DropShips.” Checking out the readouts. “Looks like they tried to put up a fight sir.”
“Comms have you picked up anything?”
“Negative sir. What is real troubling is that I am getting nothing at all. No ground or space transmissions.”
“Keep at it. See if you can get a hold of someone, anyone on planet or in orbit.” Checking over the stations. “Get the DropShip commanders on the line.” Looking at his CAG. “Get your people out to see what they can find and setup security for us and the landing force.”
“Yes sir.”

“Welcome to Nejiro.” The customs officer reaches for the data pad. “Let’s see what you have we have today.” Looking over the information on the data pad.” That is a lot of cargo you have.”
‘Yes, it is for Heimdall’s Forge.”
“I see.” Double checking the information. “Everything checks out. Do you need any help with your cargo?”
“No thank you. I was told that all arrangements are in place. I just have to call a local shipping company and they will take of it.”
“Very well, enjoy your time here.”

“Dräi I want you and Sechs to head north and see what you can do. Take your older units, make sure they do see you.”
“Yes sir we will see how they react.”

“Adept Hay to fleet command, someone hit this rock hard. Everything has taken damage and we are looking for survivors.”
“Roger that Adept Hay. So far we have not found anything in system but that does not mean they will not be back.”
“Understood command, we will fan out and do what we can.” Hay changes to the ground channel. “Adept Hay to all ground units we are now is SAR mode. Move out and see if anyone is still alive.”

“Sir I don’t like this one bit. Who would jump in and bombard the planet and not land?”
“Someone who did not have the ground forces or just wanted to take out the site and units on world.”
“Why? Makes no sense at all.”
“When war makes sense we will be in trouble. Make sure that the CAP fighters check the wreckage just in case someone is alive in that, also we don’t want someone popping out of that. Also have the security teams stay on alert.”
“Yes sir.”

“So you are Ken Takeda. You were a Kashira with the 2nd Sword of Light. Why are you taking up arms against the lawful government of this world?”
“I am an independent contractor working for a local that need extra security. You have no right to hold me.”
“We have every right. You and the others that were intercepted by the lawful security forces of this world informed you that you were in violation of the local laws and to stand down.”
“The lord for whom I work for has a better claim to leading this world then the she demon that claims that right now. And by his orders we moved to stop her taking of his lands. He is not the only one that will have say on who leads this world.”
“You do understand that you are taking up arms against the Draconist Combine as well?”
“This is not a Combine world. The members of the Combine that are on world are blinded by the false words of one that should not be leading the Combine. This world claims it has ties to the Combine but when true followers of the Dragon come to this world they are shunned and put into prison. So how do you see that you are the true law of the land?”

“Ch’i to Hay we found a group and I have some of our transports moving them to the LZ. Most will need to see the Doc. Our medics did what they could.”
“Roger Ch’i, the Doc has her shingle out and is open for biz.”

“Lieutenant Harlaw to Adept Hay we will need a Dust Off at our location, we have some people in bad shape.”
“Roger Lieutenant Dust Off on the way.”

“Warrant Officer Franks to Adept Hay I am in bound full, my PJ’s are on location with our BA working with the people we found.”
“Roger that WO Franks.”

“Sergeant Tan to Adept Hay we have some that the Doc will need to see ASAP. Our PC and troops are working to get some others out of a collapsed shelter but we will need to return.”
“Copy that Sergeant.”

“How do they keep getting past your security?”
“They do have the advantage of being local. That and you have people that do not like you.”
“Just what does that have to do with the tea in China?”
“Simple they have people on the inside. We now have to work on finding them and putting them to use for us.”

“Adept Hay to allied units you should see what equipment you can salvage. This is just a small way we can repay you for all your help.”
“OK people start looking for what we can put to use back home.”
The survivors the most hurt are loaded on the hospital ship with the others loaded to the other grounded ships. Some of the survivors will bring salvage teams to locations that held equipment from the ELH and ComGuard unit. The salvage teams will only look and pull gear until they get word that the hospital ship is ready to go and then get what they have to the LZ so it can get loader and all can get off this poor blasted rock.

“Easy with ‘em they broke as it is, don’t need to bust ’em more.” Looking at the crews loading the salvage. “Mark them Phoenix.”

“OK place that salvage in the hold for the Hammers and be nice they have been blasted as it is.”

“All this gear is for the Ironborn, get it loader it to the hold for them.” The loadmaster yells to the crew. “Take it easy, they don’t want more parts.”

“Easy does it boys and girls, the Clutch will have a hard time putting this gear back together as it is. Take real car of that as the Doc has had her eye on it from the time it got dragged in. I know they sure don’t need us making more of a mess of any of it.”

“All right move it people we, don’t have all day. Get that gear into the hold for the Ghost and try not to lose anything.”

“Move it people we don’t have all day. That gear has to be stowed ASAP so we can get out of here before however wrecked the place decides to come back. Come on get it together all that goes in with militia’s hold.”

“Come on people this is the last of it. Get is on board with the other Guard gear so we can get off this rock.”

“Adept Hay to fleet command we will be lifting soon. We have done what we can and have all the survivors on the ships. We also picked up some of what is still useful. I back home thinks it is safe we may return to see what other items we can use. Have the other transports make room for survivors, we will need the extra space as the Mercy is packed and many need space due to injuries.”
“Fleet command to Adept Hay roger. How bad is it?”
“Very, we only found a few hundred alive, most of them children. Looks like the adults got the kids to shelter and then did what they could to defend the place. The medics are not sure how many are going to make it, but they are busting out every trick in the book to save as many as they can. We will be making a slow burn so the real bad cases are not stressed too much.”
“Roger ground team. Wow out of the base complement and the ELH only a few hundred?”
“Yes sir. Whoever did this knew what and where to hit for the most damage. They took out the HPG, ground to space and the satellites so they could not even try to get help. If we didn’t make the trip all these people would be dead in a few months.”
“Roger we will have a couple of the assault ships escort you back just in case someone comes back.”
“Roger that sir.”
“Fleet command to all ships the ground team will be lifting and returning at slow burn. All JumpShip will be ready to jump when all the DropShips are docked. Fighters will stay on patrol until just before jump.”

“Now that all ships are back we are ready to go home. Have all commands ready to make the first jump.”
“Yes sir. Fleet command to all ships make ready for jump.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #704 on: 31 May 2022, 10:52:02 »
So the next two mission dates are June 26 and July 10.

mission setups will be posted and more fun that is going on  :thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #705 on: 31 May 2022, 12:03:23 »
It would seem that, if used properly, artillery can be used to make arrests. :D

Knuxie

• Recruit
    • Twitter
« Reply #706 on: 01 June 2022, 07:26:35 »
It would seem that, if used properly, artillery can be used to make arrests. :D

🤭

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #707 on: 02 June 2022, 16:11:12 »

Samshoo Sharyo {salamander vehicles} an independent private Nejiroan defense contractor with facilities in the Vulcan Arms Industrial Park that manufactures apc's, ground and naval military combat vehicles, emergency and hazardous materials vehicles, military support vehicles, and also runs a technical and engineering section that has maintenance contracts and does custom builds, renovation, salvage, and upgrades. Their catalog includes: 

Ariete sixty five ton tracked combat vehicle with an ICE engine that provides speeds up to 64 km/h and fires three autocannon/10 from a turret 

Thunder eighty five ton tracked combat vehicle that fires three long range missile system fifteen packs from a turret and two swivel mounted machine guns on each side, its ICE engine provides speeds up to 54 km/h   

Firefly ninety five ton tracked combat vehicle carries thirty two heat sinks, an ICE engine that provides speeds to 54 km/h and fire four large lasers from a turret and two long range missile system five packs

Can I get quotes on pricing for these vehicles? Specifically the ones I bolded and underlined. I'm quite intrigued by these options.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #708 on: 02 June 2022, 23:58:08 »
The Thunder and Firefly tanks are three point three million ryu each

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #709 on: 04 June 2022, 12:58:57 »
“Duke I have a pair of fusion powered vehicle and eight ICE powered vehicles on my sensors.”
“Roger that Cerberus. I want you to move ahead to see if you can get a positive ID on what and who they are.”
“Roger.” Lady Broeske powers up her Dart to het on the hill to see just what is on her sensors. As she makes it to the top she gets to see the units moving off in the direction they had just come from. “Duke they are heading further into the hills. Do you want me to keep them in sight?”
“Throttle back so you do not get to far ahead of us but try to keep an eye on them.”
“Roger that. Cerberus will follow them.”
“Did you get any IDs?”
“On what they are yes, two Badgers and four motorized platoons with field guns. Who nothing as they are using a basic camo.”
“Very well. We will make sure they do not turn into the assault force but we will not let them traps us.”
“Yes sir.”

“So how are you doing with the reclaiming project?”
“So far we have found a couple of ships we can salvage and are working on what we will need to get them out of system.”
“Any problems that need tending too?”
“Nothing we cannot handle. The traffic in system is higher than we would like but we can handle it.”
“Good it is one of the few things going our way.”

“Sho-sho I will be sending some of the Marines transports back Draconis space to see what we can get.”
“Sounds good Tai-sa, how long do you think it will take for them to go and return?”
“It should take three months. One month to get to the depot and about a month to get and load equipment and a month to return. They will take a longer route just to play it safe.”
“OK sounds good but I will be sending some Phoenix Mercantile ships as well. They will see what we can get for the Nejiro militia and Ichizoku as well.”
“That works a bigger convoy will be better protected then a small convoy or single ship.”
“Just what I was thinking and with both the DCA and Phoenix working together they will a much better chance of making the trip.”
“Very true, with DCA marines and the Devil Dogs security is well covered.”

“So what do you think we should do old man?”
“Well we will use what we have been given and enter. Keeping to the shadows at all times. When we find what we are looking for we get out and let your cousin know what is what. She can than figure out what she wants done.”
“Let us hope that this plan survives contact with the enemy.”
“Let us hope.”
“So what do you have for me?”
“Well looks like the WoBs and the Kokuryu-kai are playing games with each other. From what we have picked up this got started back in February.”
“When the WoBs were on Shinrin, make sense that Ellis or Masao wanted some payback for playing in their backyard.”
“Well so far they are keeping it low key but for how long?”
“We will just make sure that it does not get out of hand.”

“Sho-sa this just arrived for you with the other dispatches from the DCMS supply ship.” The duty Gunsho hands her the data pad.
As Kono reads it she drops into her chair. “Gunsho have the unit form up.”
“Hai Sho-sa.”

Ten minutes later she informs her unit that Davion units attacked Benjamin and that the attack has done heavy damage to the 6th if any members wish to go to Benjamin she will cut the orders for them.
A little over an hour after the unit meeting Tai-i Chiaki Yomidia will inform Kona that all members of the unit will be staying on Nejiro. “Our duty is here. Here is where we stay.”
“Thank everyone for me and have the unit return to its normal duty.”
“Hai Sho-sa.”

“So what happened?”
“We were moving to support the ‘Mechs when we got word that they got hit by GSF forces. They lost the Hitman and the Panther got shot up bad.”
“So why did you not move to take some of the heat off Nakazawa?”
“We move only so fast with the infantry. They are our fire support and the guns only reach out so far and we were moving so strike the GSF when we ran into two ‘Mechs and a support vehicle.”
“You had a platoon of Battle Armor and a company of infantry with field guns.”
“And they had two ‘Mechs and said support vehicle. They would have chopped us up. We did move back into the hills so that they would follow. We were moving so we could setup an ambush. They followed for a while and when we were getting to a spot that would serve as a good point for the infantry guns they pulled back. Look they are not fools and having us get shot up helps no one.”
“OK I see what you were doing. I am not looking to have any units get destroyed. We were looking to help Nakazawa but looks like he showed his hand too soon and it has cost him big time. We will need to take care with our next moves. Get your unit back to base and post security while the ‘Mechs are repaired.”
“Hai sir.”

“This space has been setup for you and your people to work in. It is not much but it should work for you.”
Looking around the old warehouse Himiko can see how to do the layout with the main entrance the commons and classrooms are on this side, the offices in the center of the building, the labs at the other end and last off the loading bays at the side. “Thank the governor, this is much more than I ever expected.” 
“You use of this space is something that will help Nejiro and that is something she will always be behind.” Looking around. “We will help with the repairs and new construction to settle you in. We are sorry that the space in not move in ready but other buildings here in down town need to be repaired sooner.”
“No need apologize. It will take us sometime to fill all of this space. It will be nice to be spread out and we will set it up for needs.”
“Work crews will be on hand next week to take care of the major issues and then you can start setting out how you want thing to be.”
“We have some people that work out the full layout and work with the teams that you send so we know what codes to build to.”
“That will work well. The one major code for all of Nejiro is that all places have shelters in case of raids.”
“Understood and I will make sure my people work that in the plans.”
“This building has a shelter but you will need to expand it due to all the people that will be working and studying here.”
“I think we can do that. We will need someone local to help with all the plans.”
“We will have some of the local firms stop over so you can speak with them and find one that will fill your needs best.”
“Thank you so much.”
“So now that you have a few days to think on what is happening here do you still see us as the major problem?”
“Well Word of Blake should not be on this world, they have no right to claim and with what is going on is the Inner Sphere they are a great evil. But that is not my problem. You leaders are and as long as they are in power treble things will happen to this world.”
“So you think that our leaders are the ones that cause the problems that this world has. Not ones that are looking for personal wealth and glory.”
“Your leaders are not fit and have been making things happen so they stay in power. The ones WE work with are looking for what is best for this world.”
“This world has its problems, as any would. Most of our problems are due to outsiders looking to run things as they see fit, not what works best for us. Our leaders have been working to keep this world safe from just these kinds of people.”
“How? By using sell swords. They will run off when the coin dries up, just as they always do. Working with Clan Bandits? They make the Sell Swords look like true heroes.”
“The Clan Bandits were the reason why the mercenaries are on world. They were looking to take over and we did what was needed. Then Word of Blake and you show up also looking to take over our world. Who is in the right here?”
“Sir, section twenty one sensors just went down.”
“That is the sixth sections sensors to go down. Get a team out to fix them. I am getting tired of the animals wrecking them.”

“Looks like the security teams don’t like walks in the woods.”
“Well when we make them walk so far away from the Shiro who can blame them.”
“A few more times and we will slip in so we can take a look around.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #710 on: 04 June 2022, 17:08:58 »
“Sir we are getting reports from Silverbridge that they have unknown Battlemechs and Armored vehicles moving in the area.”
“Have the GSF standby for orders.”

“This is the first batch of the applications.” The bag is full and the small table creaks as it takes the weight.
“Wow this is just the start!”

“Sho-sa we did get IDs of the units that just hit the camp. A Whitworth and Jenner.”
“So the Kokuryu-kai are looking for a fight. It is about time they did something other than just slink around. Inform all of our scouts to find these two ‘Mechs.”
“Hai Sho-sa! What are your orders after they find them?”
“We will show them why we are here.”

OK so the new mission:
Someone has 'Mech and vehicular units moving on Silverbridge. You all get to go have a talk with them about this.

We are starting Feb 3068 with a bang.  >:D

Security and remote sensors have spotted 'Mechs and vehicles moving to Silverbridge. Time for the GSF to get to them before they get to Silverbridge.

All units will get normal deployment.  :thumbsup: 1. 'Mech, 1. Armored, 1. Infantry and 1. that is your pick.

Any units in the field from the Nakazawa Assault force and Moro security units are still in the field.  :-X

Any units on remote duty are also out as they are on these missions.  :-X

Any units on other missions are still on them as well.  :-X

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #711 on: 06 June 2022, 20:31:09 »
Kapten Marius Bjornsen smiles and looks down over his available unit list. 'Looks like Sato is going to be getting a trial by fire. Now who do I send with him?' Going down his list, he comes across the SRM Carrier "Monsoon", and the Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun "Hail". He frowns as he looks at the infantry listing, 'I hope there's no travel hangover for the Kobolds. They're gonna go out with this as the faster response team.' 

His new aide stuck his head in, "Kapten, Chief Tech Odden is here to see you."   

Marius motioned to let him in, and leaned back in his chair. "What's up, Viir?"

Viir Odden smiled a toothy grin, "Listen, I know you need a pilot for the Crusader. I'm gonna propose a competition among the techs to see who can pilot and shoot in a mech. Also, maybe the families as well. We can limit it to 4 contestants, and then get someone good to train in there."

Kapten Bjornsen chuckles, "Do you have a name for this competition or do you want me to come up with it?"

Viir said, "I was thinking, 'Trial of the Winter Wolf.'"

Marius laughs heartily, "That is a great name. Let's go ahead with it. You organize it, since it was your idea."

Chief Tech Odden's face drops at the last comment and he shakes his head, "Of course, Sir."

OOC:

Units for the mission: Black Knight "Second Chance", SRM Carrier "Monsoon", Hetzer Assault Gun(AC/10) "Hail", and the Maxim(I) "Hunter's Den" with Kobold platoon.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #712 on: 08 June 2022, 10:31:30 »

Quotable

I do not have trust issues. I just think most people are up to something.

Rhodri Saganami     

[a founding member of the Saganami Family and Phoenix Mercantile]   

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #713 on: 08 June 2022, 10:48:11 »

A Crown Warrant of Appointment signifies there is a satisfactory trade relation in place between the Grantor and the company, artisan, crafter, or tradeperson and that the goods nominated are suitable for supply to the Crown Household. Within the company supplying goods, there is a nominated person called the Grantee who is responsible in all respects for all aspects of the crown warrant. It takes at least five years of supplying goods or services to the member of the Crown Family before a company is eligible to have its application considered for recommendation by the buyer. It then goes to the Crown Warrants Committee, then to the grantor who may sign it. The grantor is empowered to reverse the decision of the committee, or even choose another candidate, therefore the final decision to grant a warrant is a personal one. For businesses the granting of a crown warrant is a huge boost, because crown approval may be displayed in public with the personal mon of the grantor. [acts similarly to the Good Housekeeping seal of approval or a Terran european royal warrant] Crown Warrants may be issued by the Monarch, their Spouse, and Senior Heirs to those working in the arts, crafts, or trades. Professions, Agencies, media, and government departments are not eligible.

Ichizoku Warrants of Appointment may be issued only by the senior hierarchies of the Ichizoku (Dai and Ko), their senior spouses or consorts, and up to five senior heirs, and by their Advisory Council (where applicable) as a whole. 

The display of a crown or ichizoku warrant includes the grantors personal mon followed by their name and title - By Appointment to... and what goods or services are provided.   

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #714 on: 08 June 2022, 10:54:13 »
                                                                                     Quotable     

Watashi wa shidesu
Watashi wa yamidesu
Watashi wa watashi no teki gata wazawai shite misu
Watashi wa shinigami da   

I am death
                                                                                                       I am darkness
                                                                                                       I am woe unto mine enemy
                                                                                                       I am the reaper

Devil Dogs invocation

originally credited to their code name operative Creative Chaos       

« Last Edit: 07 January 2023, 14:12:04 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #715 on: 08 June 2022, 11:01:28 »

Quotable   

All course of action are risky, so prudence is not avoiding danger - it's impossible, but calculating risks and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.   

Oji   

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #716 on: 08 June 2022, 23:14:38 »
Gunji Kojo {military factory} is an independent Nejiroan defense contractor located in the Vulcan Arms Industrial Park. It is a publicly traded company with shares currently worth 612 Ryu each.

What is the conversion rate of Ryu? Kiah is interested in building an investment portfolio for her clan.

Gunji Kojo {military factory}
Tenma {pegasus} thirty five ton hover environmentally sealed amphibious combat vehicle with a six ton cargo or infantry compartment (two platoons of foot or one special platoon) and six tons of electronics, communications, and sensors, the ICE engine provides speeds to 129 km/h for a crew of three; the armed variants either carry two short range missile systems six packs and a medium laser, or two short range missile system four packs and a remote sensor dispenser with sensors (30 per half ton)   

Suisei {comet} thirty five ton tracked combat vehicle has an ICE engine that provides speeds to 146 km/h, it carries a hogosho {guardian} electronic suite and a sentinel sensor suite, and fires two autocannon/5 and two machie guns from a turret 

Gunther my procurement officer send communications to inquire on the price for these two items 

Gunther my procurement officer send communications to inquire on the price for these two items

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #717 on: 08 June 2022, 23:28:14 »

“Inform the GSF that the militia will be collecting the Behemoth, Ontos, LREM Carrier, three Tokugawa Turrets and the remote turrets. All the other weapons systems will be repaired so they can protect the area.”
“What about the Schreks and Drillson and salvage from the other wrecked vehicles?”
“They can have them.”

Happy dance we got the traitor !!!

Kiah makes arrangements for the Schreks and Drillson and salvage from the other wrecked vehicles to be sent to the GSF stores

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #718 on: 09 June 2022, 02:57:41 »
“Precentor, have you picked who will be going to the Gauntlet this year?”
“Not yet. I think we will send some of the newer units as they have not had the pleasure of this event.”

“Sho-sa this came in while you were in the field.” The duty Gunsho hands her a data pad.
“Good I was looking forward to this. Have Tai-i Yomida, Chu-i Liu and Chu-i Shinozaki meet me in the conference room when we get back to base.”
“Hai Sho-sa! May I ask why?”
“This is the invitation to Red Groups Gauntlet OCR Green vs Blue Challenge. It will be good for some of our unit to take part. I think a mix from the infantry, armor and ‘MechWarriors will be good.”

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #719 on: 09 June 2022, 18:50:40 »
“Sir we are getting reports from Silverbridge that they have unknown Battlemechs and Armored vehicles moving in the area.”
“Have the GSF standby for orders.”

“This is the first batch of the applications.” The bag is full and the small table creaks as it takes the weight.
“Wow this is just the start!”

“Sho-sa we did get IDs of the units that just hit the camp. A Whitworth and Jenner.”
“So the Kokuryu-kai are looking for a fight. It is about time they did something other than just slink around. Inform all of our scouts to find these two ‘Mechs.”
“Hai Sho-sa! What are your orders after they find them?”
“We will show them why we are here.”

OK so the new mission:
Someone has 'Mech and vehicular units moving on Silverbridge. You all get to go have a talk with them about this.

We are starting Feb 3068 with a bang.  >:D

Security and remote sensors have spotted 'Mechs and vehicles moving to Silverbridge. Time for the GSF to get to them before they get to Silverbridge.

All units will get normal deployment.  :thumbsup: 1. 'Mech, 1. Armored, 1. Infantry and 1. that is your pick.

Any units in the field from the Nakazawa Assault force and Moro security units are still in the field.  :-X

Any units on remote duty are also out as they are on these missions.  :-X

Any units on other missions are still on them as well.  :-X

"Yes, I understand, Colonel."  Alannah says into the speaker phone.  "However, I fear we are fast running out of people to send into the field."

"We can't be spread that far."  Euron returned.

"I will see if we can fulfill the mission parameters for force organization."

OOG: Anthony, I need you to PM me with all the forces that are currently in the field.  I may have miscounted if I have any infantry units left to send.

Register