Author Topic: I will strap LEGS to this Gun  (Read 1605 times)

acksed

• Master Sergeant
I will strap LEGS to this Gun
« on: 19 June 2021, 12:22:26 »
"Don't you mean fitting it to a BattleMech?"

"No man, I am strapping legs to the gun. Just legs. The legs are an accessory."

Code: [Select]
Sasha BattleArmor
Base Tech Level: Standard (IS)
Level          Era
-------------------
Experimental    - 
Advanced        - 
Standard      3145+
Tech Rating: E/X-X-X-E
Chassis Type: Biped
Weight Class: Assault
Maximum Weight: 2,000 kg

BV: 631
Cost: 5,520,000 C-bills

Movement: 1/1

Internal: 6
Armor: 66 BA Mimetic
           Internal  Armor   
------------------------------
Trooper 1         1     11   
Trooper 2         1     11   
Trooper 3         1     11   
Trooper 4         1     11   
Trooper 5         1     11   
Trooper 6         1     11   

Weapons              Loc       Heat 
------------------------------------
Medium VSP Laser (Body) Squad    7   

Equipment                                      Loc   
-----------------------------------------------------
BA Manipulators [Armored Gloves] (Left arm)   Squad
BA Manipulators [Armored Gloves] (Right arm)  Squad
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 12:45:54 by acksed »
My Fic: [BattleTech] Not Invented Here - Technological progress is hard when you're all alone in the night... so why not send for help?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: I will strap LEGS to this Gun
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2021, 12:25:31 »
A heavy with mimetic armor and medium VSPL? Sure why not.
Just one major issue: change one manipulator to basic type, otherwise the unit cannot ride OmniMechs, and you'd be better off upgrading the design to assault class.

acksed

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2021, 12:41:34 »
It is an Assault, it's just MML being obtuse.

This is not clever nor practical, but you can feel the heat a mile off when a squad fires. :-D

If I had to give an excuse, it's basically a set of living landmines that you drop off at a building and wait for other, lighter BA to go see what that clunking sound was.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 12:46:26 by acksed »
My Fic: [BattleTech] Not Invented Here - Technological progress is hard when you're all alone in the night... so why not send for help?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2021, 12:44:56 »
Well, then, it is good. Honestly kinda like it more most of official canon assault BA.

EDIT Pity it can be shrunk to a heavy, wouldn't allow for reasonable armor. Might be possible with a DWP but eh.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 12:46:28 by Empyrus »

acksed

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2021, 16:27:15 »
When I saw that the lardy MVSPL was not only available on battle armour, but also a much more svelte 0.9 tons - just a bit more than the ERML, even - I had to make a suit for it. Thus the Sasha, a suit that has to imitate a trapdoor spider to make any kills, but has the camouflage and accuracy of one too. I don't imagine any BA squad enjoying being mugged by something they thought was a funny-shaped concrete wall. >:D

I wonder how this would compare to the Kopis, the other dark alley-dweller; one more shot to hit per trooper versus a single, more accurate and powerful hit out to range 5... wouldn't want to call it. I'd have to factor in any anti-personnel weapons too.

EDIT: The fact that one suit has just enough armour to survive a full blast from a Kopis is unintended, but totally something any Blakist would value.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 16:36:09 by acksed »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2021, 16:35:04 »
I'll note there's one canon suit that mounts MVSPL at the moment: The Phalanx-C. Your suit is basically improvement upon that.

As for against a Kopis... your suit needs two hits at short and medium range to kill one Kopis, three at long range. The Kopis needs three hits against this one at any range. The Sasha is harder to hit and and has to-hit bonuses. AP weapons do throw a wrinkle here, but if we assume standard ballistic rifles, they're only usable to 3 hexes, and both have equal amount of those so they should basically cancel out, i think.
Overall, i'd expect the Sasha to win this one. Of course this probably doesn't apply to all situations.
I would prefer it to the Kopis, were it a canon suit.