Author Topic: Clan Jade Falcon III: Admittedly, We May Have Falconed a Little Too Hard  (Read 98184 times)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
woops, yeah, just checked the Writer's Forum, but I first thought when I was reading the book it was Stephanie, as they left Jiyi's name out of it

I personally think the ambiguity would have been fine - it would have given us something to really debate about. 

But I am glad that it was settled in the writer's forum.  I like the Falcon Dominion.  They have the machines, and now, they have the warriors to pilot them.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

BrianDavion

• Captain
where's the name Falcon Dominion come from?
The Suns will shine again

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Brain damage?   ;D

I should just say Sudeten.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Dominion:

1. sovereignty or control.
"man's attempt to establish dominion over nature"

2. the territory of a sovereign or government.
"the Angevin dominions"

Yup, I'll salute that flag ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

BrianDavion

• Captain
Dominion:

"the Angevin dominions"

It was also used for a time to describe self governing colonies of the British Empire, such as Canada and Australia.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
I personally think the ambiguity would have been fine - it would have given us something to really debate about. 

But I am glad that it was settled in the writer's forum.  I like the Falcon Dominion.  They have the machines, and now, they have the warriors to pilot them.

I coined it the "Jade Dominion" a few pages ago in this thread or another related... >:D

But in all seriousness, the quote that "The Age of Occupation Zones are over" as the ilClan is here, is floating around somewhere...

Yes does indeed make the case for the new name (and the new Mother / Father Falcon) attitude that Jiyi and Stephanie espouse for proper rebuilding and progress

On the Tamar Rising map, Jiyi's territory is simply called "Clan Jade Falcon", with no "Occupation Zone", but is the spirit and unofficial name "Jade or Falcon Dominion" for what really the new CJF actually is now ?

The two names both make sense though, as "Clan Jade Falcon" espouses that, "yes this is us and our home", but "Jade Dominion" also represents that and change in thinking / policies and progress. Kinda like the Bears perhaps ?
« Last Edit: 10 February 2022, 06:25:42 by JAMES_PRYDE »

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
So, the "failed to launch" sibling of Jiyi's and Marena's crews - the Turkina Ascendancy. 

Organized a scorched earth withdrawal from coreward Periphery worlds and tried to set up shop on Barcelona, utilizing what remained of ancient (Reunification War-level ancient) fortresses that led to the planet being classified as a "Hedgehog World" during its time with the Rim Worlds Republic. 

Overrun by the Hell's Horses, but put up a solid fight that lasted until the storm season ended and the Horses' superior air assets tipped the balance.  What do you think Star Colonel M'oko and his merry marauders would have done if STAMPEDE hadn't come knocking at their door?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
It was also used for a time to describe self governing colonies of the British Empire, such as Canada and Australia.

Could make sense too, if indeed Jiyi and Stephanie link up, "Clan Jade Falcon" in general, and Jade / Falcon Dominion in name ?

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
So, the "failed to launch" sibling of Jiyi's and Marena's crews - the Turkina Ascendancy. 

Organized a scorched earth withdrawal from coreward Periphery worlds and tried to set up shop on Barcelona, utilizing what remained of ancient (Reunification War-level ancient) fortresses that led to the planet being classified as a "Hedgehog World" during its time with the Rim Worlds Republic. 

Overrun by the Hell's Horses, but put up a solid fight that lasted until the storm season ended and the Horses' superior air assets tipped the balance.  What do you think Star Colonel M'oko and his merry marauders would have done if STAMPEDE hadn't come knocking at their door?

Would make sense to support Jiyi, and try to link up with him, but then this would have annoyed Marena

Did anything of the Ascendancy survive, or simply annihilated ? 

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
They'd gotten as far as declaring Barcelona as their capital, and were focusing on getting their short Cluster fully integrated with the sibkos pulled from Somerset before venturing out to seize more territory.

A future author could do something with scout forces that happened to be offworld at the time the Horses arrived, but for all intents and purposes, the Ascendancy was erased from the maps by STAMPEDE.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Dominion:

"the Angevin dominions"

All hail Worktroll!  He has spoken!

BrianDavion

• Captain

I seem to recall reading somewhere that said Ascendancy was run by elements of the Mongol faction, if so they'd likely not get along with Jiyi. especially as Jiyi's claim to the Khanship is, pretty weak all considered

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Their scorched earth tactics definitely suggest Mongol tendencies.  They wanted to cause enough damage that any aggressor would be too busy cleaning up the mess to bother them on Barcelona.

BrianDavion

• Captain
Their scorched earth tactics definitely suggest Mongol tendencies.  They wanted to cause enough damage that any aggressor would be too busy cleaning up the mess to bother them on Barcelona.

yeah if thats the case my guess is they'd not have linked up with Jiyi. and I suspect their reaction would be to laugh in his face

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
yeah if thats the case my guess is they'd not have linked up with Jiyi. and I suspect their reaction would be to laugh in his face

It's a moot point, now.

They gone!

BrianDavion

• Captain
It's a moot point, now.

They gone!

since when has that stopped endless speculation? :)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
since when has that stopped endless speculation? :)

True.  It would have probably been yet another fight that the survivors of Jade Falcon just don't need.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
Were they a particular galaxy? Would make a nice failed state build.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major

Just left overs from other solhama/garrison groupings I’m pretty sure.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

Most likely?  Zeta Galaxy.  That was the solahma galaxy during Malvina's tenure. 

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae

They were the Somerset sibkos, solahma scrapings from half a dozen worlds, and paramilitary police, with transport assets seized from a Free Guild.  They managed to field the understrength Turkina Ascendant Cluster.  They specialized in ambushes and hit and run attacks during the Barcelona campaign.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
They were the Somerset sibkos, solahma scrapings from half a dozen worlds, and paramilitary police, with transport assets seized from a Free Guild.  They managed to field the understrength Turkina Ascendant Cluster.  They specialized in ambushes and hit and run attacks during the Barcelona campaign.

OK, so they would have had a mix of Falcon paint schemes?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
I'd guess camo, given their appetite for ambush.  M'oko wasn't a big fan of batchalls or zellbrigen.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
I can work with that ... (just what I need, an IlClan-era unit which I'd need to buy some IWM minis for ... and them not able to ship Down Under.)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Quick Turkina Ascendancy question, which Perhipery Holding did they move from to Barcelona, before being wiped out ?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
They pulled in forces from Somerset, Bone-Norman, Black Earth, Beta VII, and Newtown Square, massing on Barcelona.

BrianDavion

• Captain
They pulled in forces from Somerset, Bone-Norman, Black Earth, Beta VII, and Newtown Square, massing on Barcelona.

they need to let the Lyrans eventually push all the way to Somerset just so that Roderick can have a "I have returned" moment of returning to his family's ancestral home...

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Hey ol' Beck Malthus is still alive and kicking post ilClan Trial, quiaff ?

(Remember a line or something about him being the new Loremaster of 3rd Star League)

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
Beckett died in 3145 after a failed bid to remove Malvina from power.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Beckett died in 3145 after a failed bid to remove Malvina from power.

And Malvina subsequently Reaved his bloodright from existence.