Author Topic: Clan Jade Falcon III: Admittedly, We May Have Falconed a Little Too Hard  (Read 100040 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
And Malvina subsequently Reaved his bloodright from existence.

Ahh, now I remember correctly, Nortimo Helmer got made the new loremaster, quiaff ?

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
Ahh, now I remember correctly, Nortimo Helmer got made the new loremaster, quiaff ?

Yes, that was him.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

BrianDavion

• Captain
And Malvina subsequently Reaved his bloodright from existence.

Speaking of, I'd like to formally predict this is going to happen to Malvina.
The Suns will shine again

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I agree.

I figure there's going to be only a couple of each Bloodnamed to have survived the Battle for Terra.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2022, 17:10:33 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

BrianDavion

• Captain
it's not even just that, I expect Malvina's genetics won't be used for future sibkos.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
That's practically a given. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Now we have to make a hidden clone sibko of her.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Flaresnake

• Master Sergeant
  • The Star League is Eternal
it's not even just that, I expect Malvina's genetics won't be used for future sibkos.

need to annihilate everything that has anything to do with her.
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."-Carth Onasi

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant

Yeppers  >:D Although on the side, humorous idea about the clone thing

BrianDavion

• Captain

yeah there have been more ruinious khans in clan history but it's a pretty short list that basicly exists by dint of Malvina not getting the falcons outright absorbed or annialated

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
What I would find interesting going forward into ilClan Era Jade Falcon, is Cynthy, joining the ranks in some capacity ?

Also from Dark Age, where did "Ichiba Pryde" end up, as she did not share the mongol belief either like Steph, Jiyi, Nortimo, Archer, would be good to add her to the A team
« Last Edit: 14 February 2022, 01:32:00 by JAMES_PRYDE »

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
What I would find interesting going forward into ilClan Era Jade Falcon, is Cynthy, joining the ranks in some capacity ?

Iirc she disappeared after her Jack the Ripper phase
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Iirc she disappeared after her Jack the Ripper phase

Yeah I know, but would be interesting to see how she moves on, developing some how into a "protector" role, or even vigilante ?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Now we have to make a hidden clone sibko of her.

Or a hidden freeborn child. Y'see, this explains why she was such an utter beeswax; denial of one night of passion which "ruined" her.

It'd be a daughter. I see the novel now - Star Lady!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Gorgon

• Lieutenant
  • The little duchy that could
Or a hidden freeborn child. Y'see, this explains why she was such an utter beeswax; denial of one night of passion which "ruined" her.

It'd be a daughter. I see the novel now - Star Lady!
Quick! Assemble a rag-tag band of misfits, Clan drop-outs and undercover agents! It's the only known way to defeat this menace.
Jude Melancon lives!

LosTech Toaster

• Private
I falconed for the first time yesterday. Fighting a two mech per side battle against Clan Smoke Jaguar, it was a might battle indeed. My Turkina A and Timberwolf Prime vs. a Stone Rhino and Ebon Jaguar.

I kept my mechs close and had to maneuver around a large area of elevated rocky terrain. Determined to go after the Stone Rhino first it seemed the EBJ would get to me first. Eventually we got into
firing range with each other. Myself hitting the SR as much as possible with my Timby taking as I remember all the enemy fire at the time. He did what he could but was the first to fall. I slugged it out with
the SR and eventually felled the beast with gauss fire and LRMs. Events then took a serious turn. By the end stage of the battle it was just my Turkina against the Ebon Jaguar. I could only kick and my opponent
could only punch. By then I was on center torso spot away from death. I was given the option of calling it there but quickly and defiantly answered with a quick "No!"
Somehow I managed to press on, hit the right areas and win the day!
Oh, give me a home where the Urbanmechs roam.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Welcome to the Eyrie  :thumbsup: This is a very exciting time for new Falcons

Night Lanner

• Recruit
Greetings warriors,

It has been a long, long time since I have posted here.  So long that I am pretty sure my old account has since been removed, but I remember when the first, massive CJF Chatterweb thread got locked and restarted on the old boards.

For me, the Dark Ages are truly a dark age in my knowledge of BattleTech in general and CJF in particular.  I stopped paying close attention after the Jihad and I am now catching up with the ilClan stuff and working backwards to fill in the gaps. 

With all the new developments happening in Clan Jade Falcon and having a freeborn eyas of my own who is ready to begin warrior training I thought I would return and see what is going on on the Chatterweb.

I also have a question that I hope you all could shed some light on: who are the 1st Falcon Sentinels?  All I see is them referenced on CamoSpecs -- great insignia and paint job by the way -- but have not found any reference to them in my usual sources.

It is good to be back and I am excited to see what happens with the Clan.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
That's...a bit of a story. For the whole rundown, you'll want to read Tamar Rising.

The short version is that when Malvina and 90-odd% of the Clan went to Terra, some of those who were left to fend for themselves formed the Sentinels. They're commonly referred to as the Fallen Falcons or Sudeten Falcons.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Night Lanner

• Recruit
Interesting, thanks Weirdo.  It looks like I will have to get myself a copy -- as if that book was not already on my list.  So I am guessing the planet on their insignia is Sudeten.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Ahhh, the good old Arkham Bridge of Sudeten  :thumbsup:

You are immortal Carole  8)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Fellow Falcons, I am doing abit of an art project, will post when finished...

I thought I had this picture somewhere, but alas I do not

What is the Cluster / Galaxy of our Falcon gripping a serpent ?

Thank you 8)

>>>Nevermind, I found it, Rho Galaxy logo was it
« Last Edit: 10 July 2022, 02:46:23 by JAMES_PRYDE »

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Putting together a Star of Falcons for a game based after the Coventry campaign, but before the Jihad. The Mechs will be painted for the game. No configurations are listed because they will be treated as actual Omnimechs for this, and so the config will change regularly- even to customs where possible.

Night Gyr (command)
Summoner
Cougar
Nova

I need one more for this... not really feeling the high-speed antics of a Fire Falcon or Black Lanner, the Kit Fox and Hellbringer are hot garbage (come on, let's be real here), a second Summoner is doable but a little bland, Night Gyr and Warhawk are a little too big and bulky (honestly even that Gyr is kind of worrying), and with the rules in place for swapping weapons and equipment it seems a shame to lean on a standard Battlemech like a Vapor Eagle or Griffin IIC or any of that.

Thoughts?
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
Looking at their RATs from FM:CC for inspiration, my suggestions would be Puma, Ryoken, Linebacker, or Crossbow. The first three give you a solid fighter that isn't a speedster but is still faster than average for when you really need to flank someone, and the last is cheap and easy to repair in a campaign. And an insult to Steel Vipers, which is always a plus.
My wife writes books

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Looking at their RATs from FM:CC for inspiration, my suggestions would be Puma, Ryoken, Linebacker, or Crossbow. The first three give you a solid fighter that isn't a speedster but is still faster than average for when you really need to flank someone, and the last is cheap and easy to repair in a campaign. And an insult to Steel Vipers, which is always a plus.
My suggestion would be something similar, adding a faster 'Mech in the 6/9 speed range to chase down fast enemies & scout. Looking at the MUL I'd add the Battle Cobra to the list
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Have to note that FM:CC sounds like Field Manual Capellan Confederation  ;D

I have to ask, is the Cougar that much better than the Kit Fox? It is slower, with only a bit more armor. Honestly always thought the Falcons a bit weird for making another similar 'Mech.

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
Those few extra points of armor are a huge difference, as they allow a Cougar to actually take 10-pt hits without breaching, and the CT can actually take 2 Clan medium lasers. On the other hand, the Uller's shell is thin enough that there's very real odds that the first solid salvo to land is going to force crit rolls, or even sever limbs if 15-point guns are running around.

That extra turn or two of survivability is extremely important, especially given the raw firepower most Cougars pack.
My wife writes books

Decoy

• Captain
No affection for Storm Crows or Mad Dogs, Hellbie? They seem to be what you're asking for....or are you looking for something Falcon specific?
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Those few extra points of armor are a huge difference, as they allow a Cougar to actually take 10-pt hits without breaching, and the CT can actually take 2 Clan medium lasers. On the other hand, the Uller's shell is thin enough that there's very real odds that the first solid salvo to land is going to force crit rolls, or even sever limbs if 15-point guns are running around.

That extra turn or two of survivability is extremely important, especially given the raw firepower most Cougars pack.
Okay, turns out i underestimated how much armor 1.5 tons of Clan FF actually adds, and completely forgot to think about break points. Getting to at least 10 points per location is a big deal for sure.

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
Yeah, Cougars are a lot like Elementals - killing one isn't actually that hard, but doing so quickly usually requires just a little more firepower/effort than people want to put into eliminating a target that size. Since folks often don't actually send enough gun to guarantee a quick kill, it lasts longer than it should.
My wife writes books

Register