Author Topic: Clan Jade Falcon III: Admittedly, We May Have Falconed a Little Too Hard  (Read 100084 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
It sounds less Ghost Bear.

True, as now ilClan race is over, (story wise) for us to start developing ourselves as more than just a "Occupying Force"

BrianDavion

• Captain
So little bit of info about the Terran Jade Falcons in the new Alpha Strike Boxed set.

first of all, if anyone is still laboring under the idea the northwind highlanders are absorbed into CJF this and the newest issue of Sharpnal should well kill it.

Secondly, the unit in which the jade falcon star on Caph is attached to is called the "Gold Talons" this is a brand new unit designation, suggesting (unsuprisingly) some post Terra Re-org.

The Suns will shine again

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
So little bit of info about the Terran Jade Falcons in the new Alpha Strike Boxed set.

first of all, if anyone is still laboring under the idea the northwind highlanders are absorbed into CJF this and the newest issue of Sharpnal should well kill it.

Secondly, the unit in which the jade falcon star on Caph is attached to is called the "Gold Talons" this is a brand new unit designation, suggesting (unsuprisingly) some post Terra Re-org.

Shrapnel 11, quiaff ?

BrianDavion

• Captain
Shrapnel 11, quiaff ?

No, the novella from the Alpha strike boxed set.

Sharpnel 11 gives info on the northwind highlanders, but the only thing related to the Jade falcons mentioned in that entry is that Tara Campell has been repalced as Countess of Northwind, by her younger sister, Arabel Campell-Stewart

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
No, the novella from the Alpha strike boxed set.

Sharpnel 11 gives info on the northwind highlanders, but the only thing related to the Jade falcons mentioned in that entry is that Tara Campell has been repalced as Countess of Northwind, by her younger sister, Arabel Campell-Stewart

Thanks is the novella out yet ?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major

It’s in the AS box set. Just like the Beginner Box and AGoAC novellas. I think they are box only items
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

BrianDavion

• Captain

it's in the alpha strike boxed set. Which is a GREAT deal, especially if you've not gotten into AS yet

Bren

• Warrant Officer
Has it ever been said where the Falcon version of the Jade Hawk is/was produced? Was curious if Jiyi has lost it ...

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Has it ever been said where the Falcon version of the Jade Hawk is/was produced? Was curious if Jiyi has lost it ...
Sarna says the factory's on Galatea but take that with a grain of salt.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Bren

• Warrant Officer
That'll be the Inner Sphere / Sea Fox version, I'd assume.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Sarna says the factory's on Galatea but take that with a grain of salt.

That's what TRO 3145 says, but I agree with Bren that that's the Inner Sphere/Fox factory.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
Jade Hegemony.

I always thought 'Falcon Supremacy' had a proper ring to it.  No sense in giving the enemy a chance at misidentifying us with some southern House or convention or Kerensky help us, pillar.
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant

I always thought 'Falcon Supremacy' had a proper ring to it.  No sense in giving the enemy a chance at misidentifying us with some southern House or convention or Kerensky help us, pillar.

Nah, we nicer Falcons now  8)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Ok, this was bought up in another thread and touched upon it (Also just finished reading "A Trial Most Acceptable", good read especially the tech in Protos, really advanced when you think of it

So was thinking, as ilClan era develops, and "IF" Jiyi in his current "predicament" does acquire a Protomech Sibko and or Warriors (from a Snow Raven "Harvest" Trial, or a future Hells Horses attack. (Do the Foxes have access to Protos too ?) Or develops his own programme (Remember Stephanie has lots of Aerospace assets too)

With all the advancements made in Prototech, both medical, and better (heavier) generations and tactics

What would a Jade Falcon Protomech force / unique Falcon tactics look like ?
(DFA, Melee, Mixed range ?)

I can imagine Rocs being a good backbone or shock troops, and also looking a good totem unit too. Upgraded Erinyes design, 2 ER M Lasers, ATMs ? Svartalfa with atleast a "proper" laser ? Hobgoblin ? Hippogriff ? A new Falcon design, using their Wing Design

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Not too crazy yet? Good. Can you still fly? Great. Here is an aerospace fighter.
Maybe not the answer you want to hear, but the Falcons need pilots more than glorified infantry.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
The resources it would take to support any kind of Protomech development (or manufacture, or maintenance for that matter) are prohibitive.  One does not 'accidentally' acquire a Protomech sibko and expending resources to get one seems extremely unlikely.

Falcons don't do protos; that seems unlikely enough to change that this seems more like a fan-fiction prompt than speculation (this is not intended to be dismissive).
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Yeah, main thing was "hypothetical" if we were to field them, what would it look like ? IE: units, support, roles, tactics etc

Even though it probably will not happen

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
and by the Dark Age Era they've (reluctantly) integrated combat vehicle forces into their Touman, which is pretty much what protomechs were developed as an alternative to in terms of battlefield roles.  so they don't need protomechs much by the Ilclan era.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Plus the Falcons specifically hate ProtoMechs, and Falcons are nothing if not stubborn.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Metallgewitter

• Captain
Plus the Falcons specifically hate ProtoMechs, and Falcons are nothing if not stubborn.

More like they were led to hate Protomechs. The Falcon protomech program was sabotaged by Etienne who then took it and developed it in secret even siphoning of from Falcon infrastructure. So who knows maybe some Falcon Khan might take another look at it. But if we think about the additional costs for the pilots (the interface that has to be operated into the pilots plus the drugs to keep them sane) they will most likely stick with what works

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
More like they were led to hate Protomechs.

Same end result.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
To further expand on the Protos discussion, the Jaguars started up the Protos when they had plenty of warriors and not enough hardware for all their warriors. Protomechs were described as less resource-intensive than 'Mechs. Jiyi's Falcons are the inverse of that situation, plenty of hardware, not enough warriors. The path for Jiyi's Falcons is basically what we saw against the Bears, raiding to acquire sibkos and give the existing warriors more combat experience.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
It is definitely a new and interesting take on a Clan. They used to be one of the harshest Clans with respect to warrior training and retention. Now while the training is no doubt intensive, cadet survival is a much higher priority(to the point that ToPs are in simulators), they've explicitly said that if you make it to actually try a ToP you're guaranteed a spot in the Warrior Caste even if you fail, and Jiyi is just this side of putting up billboards advertising your chance to start a BloodHouse if you join up and prove good enough. And I think it'll be a LONG time before any warrior in his charge will be declared solahma.

I don't think we've ever seen a Clan go quite this far in this direction, and I'm very interested to see where it ends up.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Now I'm picturing Jiyi going full on Crazy Appliance Salesman and offering a free washer & dryer for everyone who enlists in the next hour.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Now I'm picturing Jiyi going full on Crazy Appliance Salesman and offering a free washer & dryer for everyone who enlists in the next hour.

Would get the numbers up, that we need, while our precious iron babies grow lol

Still interested in how Jiyi and Stephanie are gonna link up

Grahad

• Private
It is definitely a new and interesting take on a Clan. They used to be one of the harshest Clans with respect to warrior training and retention. Now while the training is no doubt intensive, cadet survival is a much higher priority(to the point that ToPs are in simulators), they've explicitly said that if you make it to actually try a ToP you're guaranteed a spot in the Warrior Caste even if you fail, and Jiyi is just this side of putting up billboards advertising your chance to start a BloodHouse if you join up and prove good enough. And I think it'll be a LONG time before any warrior in his charge will be declared solahma.

I don't think we've ever seen a Clan go quite this far in this direction, and I'm very interested to see where it ends up.

what is even more surprising is that, rule wise, are still better pilots than the average Hell Horse trueborn.

Church14

• Lieutenant
what is even more surprising is that, rule wise, are still better pilots than the average Hell Horse trueborn.

Is that an artifact from one of the RPGs or something older or is this recent? Cause that’d a pretty rough fact in universe

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
Is that an artifact from one of the RPGs or something older or is this recent? Cause that’d a pretty rough fact in universe

It's a rules-based extrapolation from Tamar Rising. Jiyi Chistu's 1st Falcon Sentinels are an Elite-rated unit. Though it's somewhat counterbalanced by the fact that, should the unit actually lose Jiyi, they would collapse as a cohesive unit as noted in the unit's description.

As a sidenote, I was surprised to read in Tamar Rising that Hammarr (the capital city of Sudeten) still exists after Malvina dropped a WarShip on top of it. It would be very uncharacteristic of Malvina to rebuild a city that she specifically destroyed to commemorate her triumph in the Rending. But TPTB also turned Malvina into a child abuser out of nowhere, so maybe that nugget just slipped past the fact checking team.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2023, 13:34:01 by tassa_kay »

Church14

• Lieutenant
It's a rules-based extrapolation from Tamar Rising. Jiyi Chistu's 1st Falcon Sentinels are an Elite-rated unit. Though it's somewhat counterbalanced by the fact that, should the unit actually lose Jiyi, they would collapse as a cohesive unit as noted in the unit's description.

As a sidenote, I was surprised to read in Tamar Rising that Hammarr (the capital city of Sudeten) still exists after Malvina dropped a WarShip on top of it. It would be very uncharacteristic of Malvina to rebuild a city that she specifically destroyed to commemorate her triumph in the Rending. But TPTB also turned Malvina into a child abuser out of nowhere, so maybe that nugget just slipped past the fact checking team.

Ok. So all forty-fifty surviving Falcons under Jiyi are a higher average than the entire Horses Touman. Yeah. I can see how we get there.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
Ok. So all forty-fifty surviving Falcons under Jiyi are a higher average than the entire Horses Touman. Yeah. I can see how we get there.

Oh, I think it's pretty dumb myself, especially given its hodgepodge composition of sibbies and solahma and poached Bear kids. I know how much you love plot armor, and Jiyi's Falcons were practically bronzed whole-cloth in it, which is the only real explanation for how they were able to so thoroughly defeat the Horses on Sudeten (that and the Horses' inexplicable taking of stupid pills). Part of me really wants Fulk Lassanerra to return to Sudeten with the Bucephalus and wipe out Hammarr from orbit.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2023, 13:59:55 by tassa_kay »

Register