Author Topic: Clan Jade Falcon III: Admittedly, We May Have Falconed a Little Too Hard  (Read 100088 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
He only invited the Falcons to soften up the RAF. He probably thought that the Horses aren't worth to be used as cannonfodder.

Though imagine how the Wolves are dealing with the situation now. I bet Tucker is in hiding doing the Annonymus style guerilla hijacking of the nets blasting every embarrasing fact about the Clans. In essence an advanced Twitter troll

I know why he did it. In Clan terms it’s still ‘sus af’ as the sibkids say.

I know in Empire Alone there is a sidebar that discusses rumors that fly between the lower Caste members on the Chatterweb, a lot of them paint the wolves in poor light, it must have come from somewhere.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
If I recall correctly, it came from laborers that were offloading Sea Fox barter and saw that they had Wolf markings and serial numbers.  No Tucker Harwell connection needed there.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
The Golden Talons

I believe there are pilot cards ?

Also was thinking the other night, are Jiyi and Stephanie from the same sibko ?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Hey, can anyone remember seeing a reference to the Mad Cat Pryde being used by Falcon warriors after Aidan's death?  I feel like I saw that somewhere but can't remember what book it was in and the MUL lists the configuration as unique and extinct after Tukayyid.  I need a reference that contradicts that in order to get it changed.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Metallgewitter

• Captain
If I recall correctly, it came from laborers that were offloading Sea Fox barter and saw that they had Wolf markings and serial numbers.  No Tucker Harwell connection needed there.

I think what you mean is a report from the Wolf Watch in the Empire. In Empire Alone page 63 there is a report from Solaris VII that they found Sea Foxes selling Wolf gear (Mechs, tanks, battle armor) made with Wolf moldings and stamps and even going so far that this is gear produced on Terra from Republic factories. The report concludes that the Foxes are selling the Wolves their own gear for higher prices and also wondering that if the Foxes are selling Wolf gear then how many Wolf warriors are actually left after taking Terra. Plus that the empire is basically used as a tool to save the Terran Wolves from extinction. That report is from early 3152.

Or do you mean the chatterweb logs after the Dragoons had sacked Gienah? Those were more specualtions on why the Dragoons did this and what really happened on Terra

What I meant was a notice from Ilclan where Alaric was informed that Tucker vanished without a trace from a full hospital which was also under guard from the Wolves and also that someone is propagating propaganda on Terra in regards to the Wolves not finding a safe route through the walls but were actually invited by Stone or that it is the Wolves fault the barbarians (Falcons) made it to Terra. Though that was confined to Terra at that point and also the suspicion that this propaganda was coming from Tucker (well a Comstar member should know a thing or two on how to disseminate information on Terra despite the brain damage his insane sister inflicted on him)

BrianDavion

• Captain

given Tucker's actively being hunted, he'd e a fool to run around hacking the chatternet, if he's smart he's laying low out in the boonies of terra until he can figure out how to smuggle himself into I dunno.. the fedsuns outback  or some other place he can hide until/unless he needs to make a move
The Suns will shine again

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Tucker Harwell just needs to forge himself a new identity and fade into obscurity. He was always a plot device more than he ever was an actual character anyway. But I'm sure he'll pop up again later for some lame eleventh-hour "gotcha!" reveal of... something or another.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2023, 17:12:37 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
He'll build an HPG Cannon and get Alaric with it.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Tucker Harwell, rollin’ with the Anodyne Cross Militua.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
Tucker Harwell, rollin’ with the Anodyne Cross Militua.

If the ACM ever gets fully canonized, I damn well better get my Hell’s Horses Ragnarok.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
Going back to the mystery of the Golden Talons...I found the DeviantArt page for the cover artist(look for Spooky777), and they have a high-res version of the box cover.

That is definitely Lambda, the colors are clearer in this file and the insignia is clearly visible on the Pouncer's shoulder.

Now wether it's still a full Galaxy remains to be seen. For all we know it may be Lambda Cluster for now, with the Trinary on Caph being the entirety of the Golden Talons.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
The name seems kinda keshik sounding.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
The name seems kinda keshik sounding.

Not really. It was previously the nickname for the Falcons' 5th Battle Cluster. And given that that Cluster has served in two Galaxies (Delta and Epsilon) already, it'd be funny if it were now part of a third (Lambda). Like a bad seed foster child that keeps getting brought back to the agency.  ;D

Church14

• Lieutenant
Now wether it's still a full Galaxy remains to be seen. For all we know it may be Lambda Cluster for now, with the Trinary on Caph being the entirety of the Golden Talons.

Aren’t all of Alaric’s forces in the same recruitment bind? Meaning, they have little to no recruitment? HotW has Falcon ground troops at <100 people surviving. We know at least some elementals survived, though probably at lower rates than the mech jocks. Falcons would optimistically field maybe 2 clusters of mechs. Depending on how it’s played in ilKEO (maybe a lot of elementals survived), it could be a single large cluster.

Calling 100 troops a galaxy would be some Alaric level marketing, but not really realistic.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
Going back to the mystery of the Golden Talons...I found the DeviantArt page for the cover artist(look for Spooky777), and they have a high-res version of the box cover.

That is definitely Lambda, the colors are clearer in this file and the insignia is clearly visible on the Pouncer's shoulder.

Which art work specifically ?

Metallgewitter

• Captain
Aren’t all of Alaric’s forces in the same recruitment bind? Meaning, they have little to no recruitment? HotW has Falcon ground troops at <100 people surviving. We know at least some elementals survived, though probably at lower rates than the mech jocks. Falcons would optimistically field maybe 2 clusters of mechs. Depending on how it’s played in ilKEO (maybe a lot of elementals survived), it could be a single large cluster.

Calling 100 troops a galaxy would be some Alaric level marketing, but not really realistic.

If you are going by "Only pureblooded Clanners can be soldiers in my new Star LEague" then the Wolves and Flacons are on one hell of a bind to get new troops. The Empire's sibkos aren't ready yet or getting absorbed by the Dragoons and the not Terra Falcons have other problems to deal with. That is probably the reason alaric demands that the other Clans follow him: a new supply of troops. Unless they start heavily recruiting former RAF personnel

BrianDavion

• Captain
If you are going by "Only pureblooded Clanners can be soldiers in my new Star LEague" then the Wolves and Flacons are on one hell of a bind to get new troops. The Empire's sibkos aren't ready yet or getting absorbed by the Dragoons and the not Terra Falcons have other problems to deal with. That is probably the reason alaric demands that the other Clans follow him: a new supply of troops. Unless they start heavily recruiting former RAF personnel

except why would Alaric make that decision? the wolves made HEAVY use of freebirth warriors in the lead up to Terra.

The clans will likely follow a similer pattern on terra to what we saw in the wolf empire.

Academies on terra and in the "terran region" that the clans hold, will start churning out soldiers for the clans, efforts will also be made to recruit where possiable from the former ROTS.

republic factories in clan hands will swiftly be shifted to produce clan versions of the mechs produced (made easier as the ROTS is already doing this, expect to see clan tech Laments etc) and proably start producing clan mechs as well.

This BTW isn't going to immediatly happen it'll take a few years for Alaric to start seeing dividands, until then he's vunerable and is going to need to play it careful

now for some, TOTAL speculation.

so the genetic future of the wolves and falcons is in a bit of an odd situation with their sibkos quite likely out of reach and thus the collective genetic legacies of their past, quite possiably (very likely in the case of the falcons) lost to them, what do they do?
I'm going to take a guess that the long term solution is going to be to take a page from history.
The conquest of Terra is the msot important military action take by the clans since the Pentagon, Alaric could thus declare that very warrior who participated in the conquer of terra (wolf and falcon both) may start a new blood house. This would be excessive for the wolves (assuming the wolves have 30 clusters of 50 warriors left, that would be 1500 potential bloodname houses) but for the jade falcons would be very much a useful life line.

even if Alaric didn't declare this I imagine any freeborn warriors whom proved to be of "partiuclar worth" will have a very likely chance at a bloodname house.

doing this for the falcons could BTW result in both Jiyi's falcons and the terran falcons having a completely differant bloodname roster from each other, and one distinct from the falcons of old

Church14

• Lieutenant

I’m not necessarily restricting Wolves and Falcons to trueborn. I just don’t think they’ll find much help from Terra.

1) The surviving falcons are supposed to be Alaric’s Black Watch. His elite, trusted bodyguard unit sent on any yet mission he needs a scalpel or rabidly loyal troops for.
2) Clan Wolf stands as anathema to the culture that the Republic had been building. That’s after you start with the fact that clanners have been the 100% real boogiemen coming for Terra with an openly stated goal of destroying their government, cultures, and way of life to replace them with clanner ‘culture’ for a century.
3) Alaric seems to have taken the stance in the Shrapbel story about the Ares crew that if you weren’t willing to aid against the falcons, he doesn’t want you. Between this and his rejection of the Bears in AQoS, I don’t see him recruiting many ex-RAF that weren’t already his by the end of HotW.
4) Stone had recruited every volunteer they could get and then some. There isn’t exactly a huge reserve of non ex-RAF to tap anymore.
5) Falcons have an earned rep as mass murdering lunatics. Not likely to see volunteers to join them.
6) The tiny flashes of Alaric we’ve seen so far indicates (to me) that he wants his faux league to be pure clan.

Between all that, I don’t think Alaric is going to get much for voluntary new recruits from Terra and I don’t see him wanting to or knowing how to actively recruit on Terra. So I don’t see the wolves getting much at all. For those ex-RAF that didn’t join him in HotW, would Alaric ever trust them to assign them to his bodyguard unit?

Unless Alaric just transfers wolf warriors into Falcon ranks, which would be… unlikely, then the falcons are even worse off for recruitment.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
except why would Alaric make that decision? the wolves made HEAVY use of freebirth warriors in the lead up to Terra.

The clans will likely follow a similer pattern on terra to what we saw in the wolf empire.

Academies on terra and in the "terran region" that the clans hold, will start churning out soldiers for the clans, efforts will also be made to recruit where possiable from the former ROTS.

republic factories in clan hands will swiftly be shifted to produce clan versions of the mechs produced (made easier as the ROTS is already doing this, expect to see clan tech Laments etc) and proably start producing clan mechs as well.

This BTW isn't going to immediatly happen it'll take a few years for Alaric to start seeing dividands, until then he's vunerable and is going to need to play it careful

Maybe I should have stated "Clan Wolf only warriors" As you correctly said the Wolves used a lot of IS freeborns from the Free Worlds League, Lyran Commonwealth and even Republic. All either volunteered or adopted into Clan Wolf. BUT what about the RAF soldiers that told Alaric to shove his offer up his ass? They will most likely not be considered as replacement troops despite probably still having huge numbers on their side. Training on Terra should be feasable unless the assault wasted the academies on Terra and Mars. But training qualified pilots takes time. Time Alaric doesn't have and the Republic didn't have enough manpower anyway to pilot the produced hardware right?

I think the Falcons are even more interesting: as you said if they are to be his Blackwatch they won't even need many sibkos or rather graduates. Unless it will become like the Gunslinger program of old: show the skills to apply but no guarantee you get in. What about those? Would they become Falon reserves? Or Wolf warriors?

This could also mean that we mighht get two distinct Falcon Clans: the Blackwatch Falcons and the Reaches Falcons. And then they can butt heads who the real Jade Falcons are

Church14

• Lieutenant
The conquest of Terra is the msot important military action take by the clans since the Pentagon, Alaric could thus declare that very warrior who participated in the conquer of terra (wolf and falcon both) may start a new blood house. This would be excessive for the wolves (assuming the wolves have 30 clusters of 50 warriors left, that would be 1500 potential bloodname houses) but for the jade falcons would be very much a useful life line.

You’re right that the logistics of this is kind of a mess, but I do enjoy the idea of a meaningful definitive legacy given to those who conquered Terra and achieved clanners’ supposed manifest destiny.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
Maybe y'all should take all this Alaric/Wolves talk to the Wolf thread.  ;)

This could also mean that we mighht get two distinct Falcon Clans: the Blackwatch Falcons and the Reaches Falcons.

We already have that.

You’re right that the logistics of this is kind of a mess, but I do enjoy the idea of a meaningful definitive legacy given to those who conquered Terra and achieved clanners’ supposed manifest destiny.

Isn't that the whole point of the BloodRibbons?
« Last Edit: 13 January 2023, 11:00:18 by tassa_kay »

BrianDavion

• Captain
Maybe y'all should take all this Alaric/Wolves talk to the Wolf thread.  ;)

We already have that.

Isn't that the whole point of the BloodRibbons?

Kinda, a holder of a blood ribbon is placed above any warrior without one. a bloodnamed wolf mechwarrior is expected to salute a Solhama infantryman who happened to be on Terra. But it's not a boodname. Giving a decent number of freeborns who distinguished themselves a chance at forming bloodnames demonstrates that "hey it could happen to you too"  as well as binds those freeborn warriors closer to the clan as they're not just warriors, but they're part of the GOVERNMENT (at the same time granting too many bloodnames runs the risk of the trueborns losing control, so it'lll be a balancing act). Beyond freeborn troops who where raised as wolves, giving former ROTS bondsmen a chance is also good, essentially you reward collaboration.

Once she's proven herself, I expect Tara Campell to form a bloodhouse, for example.

which, moving back fully to the jade falcons, I predict that if the terran falcons and Jiyi's falcons are kept apart for a generation or two (20+ years)  they'll evolve into their own distinct clans, with their own practices and customs,

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
which, moving back fully to the jade falcons, I predict that if the terran falcons and Jiyi's falcons are kept apart for a generation or two (20+ years)  they'll evolve into their own distinct clans, with their own practices and customs,

It will probably go like that, and sounds interesting, more fiction material to work with, (or possibly even the Tamar Pact / Mostly unified Hinterlands Theory)

Will be interesting the dialogue between Stephanie and Jiyi, hell, Jiyi might throw in there "if you get fed up with Alaric, come up here, for the Glory of the redeemed Falcon !"

But they need each other too.

BrianDavion

• Captain
We can't be sure of that, we have no idea, for example, what resources Stephene Christu has to work with

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
We can't be sure of that, we have no idea, for example, what resources Stephene Christu has to work with

3152-3154

Terra factories, possibly an Enclave on Northwind, An Elite Cluster, plus support, round about a Galaxy, plus new Keshik ? Better public image, getting rid of labelling, "all Falcons are like The Not Named Hazen "

Some trading with Jiyi, as his mech factories are churning out Turkina's >:D

Kerch_Dawau

• Recruit
Hey, can anyone remember seeing a reference to the Mad Cat Pryde being used by Falcon warriors after Aidan's death?  I feel like I saw that somewhere but can't remember what book it was in and the MUL lists the configuration as unique and extinct after Tukayyid.  I need a reference that contradicts that in order to get it changed.

Rec Guide 22 has Star Commander Durge Zywot pilot a 'Pryde' configuration Timber Wolf until he acquires a Jade Phoenix.

Don't know how canonical or apocryphal it is, but the Mad Cat Pryde card from the old CCG has flavor text describing the mech as gaining acceptance throughout the clan.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2023, 10:16:34 by Kerch_Dawau »

Metallgewitter

• Captain
3152-3154

Terra factories, possibly an Enclave on Northwind, An Elite Cluster, plus support, round about a Galaxy, plus new Keshik ? Better public image, getting rid of labelling, "all Falcons are like The Not Named Hazen "

Material wise it sounds ok (well we don't know how much the Terran factories actually churn out. Heck Empire Alone made it sound as if the Foxes take a good chunk of the material produced there). But replacing manpower might be hard if the Falcons are restricted to Clanners. Though I suspect that Tara will try to get as many of her Highlanders to join as a measure of image building (also trained troops are better then green ones)

mikecj

• Major
After Liao & Kurita's invasion, I'd expect the Highlanders to stay home and rebuild their forces.

the 1st Kearney, Gray Watch and the XII Hastati Sentinels  can't be very reassuring to the Clans & the Elders after the battering they all took.

Its time to take the Regimental Claymores off the display stand in the Elder's Hall and start rebuilding in earnest.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf

BrianDavion

• Captain
3152-3154

Northwind are not jade falcons, they are openly hostile to the jade falcons.

mikecj

• Major
They'll be very conflicted if Tara Jade Falcon comes home for a visit.

Register