Author Topic: Clarification for recent errata  (Read 1766 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Clarification for recent errata
« on: 20 September 2021, 18:59:26 »
The most recent Tech Manual Errata (version 5.0) says this:
Choose Primary Infantry Weapons (p. 150)

At the end of the section insert the following new paragraph:
No Primary Infantry Weapon may have a Damage Value greater than 0.60. If the weapon selected has a Damage Value greater than 0.60, then reduce its Damage Value to 0.60 when determining final damage values (see p. 152). Platoons that have their primary weapon damage reduced in this way automatically gain the Heavy Burst Weapon special feature.

I notice that this errata specifically refers to the primary infantry weapon. Does this mean this errata doesn't apply to a standard (non-support) weapon selected as the secondary weapon type in the platoon? Such as a unit using standard assault rifles as their primary weapon and mauser 960s as their secondary weapon?

And likewise this doesn't apply if said weapon is mounted on a support vehicle?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Clarification for recent errata
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2021, 19:24:39 »
Supplemental question!

Are you allowed to take a weapon as a primary weapon, and the same weapon as a separate support weapon? Say someone wants the best of both worlds and chooses the mauser IIC as their primary weapon, and also as their two secondary weapons? So that they get the heavy burst special ability from having the Mauser IICs the primary, and the boosted damage from having it chosen as the secondary?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!