Author Topic: Mike's Manglers: Against the Tide - 10/09/21 @ 2:30pm in Lansing, Michigan  (Read 1726 times)

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
Mike's Manglers: Against the Tide
Civil War Era
Mercenaries vs. Lyran Militia

Faulkland City
Willunga, Bucklands Theater, Lyran Alliance
4 October 3065

During the FedCom Civil War, the Manglers walked a tightrope between both the Steiners and the Davions. Although most of the unit hailed from Steiner space (and former RWR systems), they trusted neither side in the conflict--which Captain Brundage referred to as "an interstellar temper tantrum between a pair of spoiled brats." While it was widely known that he had no love for Victor Steiner-Davion, for the sake of security, it was a closely held secret that the Captain detested Katherine Steiner-Davion (he would refuse to call her Katrina out of respect for her grandmother's legacy).

So as to not get caught up in the politics of either side, Captain Brundage sought out security jobs: guarding factories and water treatment plants, protecting minor dignitaries and mid-level corporate executives, transporting supplies to far flung outposts, anything that would keep his merc unit out of the kinetic war between the two empires.

In the Fall of 3065, the Manglers' luck ran out. As they were helping local aid groups load medical supplies onto airships heading towards a region that had just suffered through an earthquake registering 8.0 on the Richter scale, a group of Katherine loyalists attempted to "commandeer" the supplies for their militia unit.

The Manglers chose a side.

Special Rules and Objectives:

These Optional rules from Tac Ops are in effect:
- Backward Movement (Expanded) [changing levels while walking/driving backwards] (p.22)
- Movement Dice [white=walk, red=run, jade=jump] (p.27)
- Floating Critical (p.77)
- Firing When Down [one-arm prop and fire] (p.85)
- Expanded Flip Arms [torso-twist AND flip arms at the same time] (p.87)
- Rapid Fire AC [light and std AC's can double fire] (p.100)
- Energy Weapons [dialing down lasers] (p.102)
- Rapid Fire Machine Guns [higher rate of fire] (p.102)
- Hot-Load Missiles [no minimum on LRM] (p.102)

Several 'Mechs on the board will have Special Pilot Abilities.

Location, Date & Time:

Summit Comics is located at 216 Washington Square B, Lansing, MI 48933.
Parking on the street is free on Saturdays.

Game will be on October 9, 2021
Setup will be at 2 p.m., game will start at 2:30 p.m.

C-19 Policies for my game:
  • Summit Comics and Games' rules for their store and gaming area take precedence.
  • If you're not feeling well, please stay home until you're feeling better.
  • You can mask or not mask, as is your preference.
  • Please keep your medical history to yourself and respect everyone else's privacy.
  • I'll have hand sanitizer with me at the game. Use it if you wish, just please make sure your hands are dry before touching my minis and maps.

Lastly, if you've never attended one of my games, please take a moment to review the Code of Conduct, which is located at: http://playbattletech.blogspot.com/p/code-of-conduct.html

Hope to see you there,
« Last Edit: 03 October 2021, 22:35:45 by IronSphinx »
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.