Author Topic: (Answered) C-Bill calculation inconsistencies for mechs  (Read 1763 times)

mjog

• Recruit
  • He/him or they.
    • home
(Answered) C-Bill calculation inconsistencies for mechs
« on: 15 January 2022, 01:19:15 »
Hi people,

I was trying to work out 'Mech construction costs and was checking my maths on a Locust LCT-1V, but I can't seem to get the numbers to come out right.

According to Sarna and the MUL, the cost of the LCT-1V 1,512,400, but doing the sums per Tech Manual p274 onward, I come up with 1,511,201. This is simply summing up equipment costs, then applying the final weight modifier, then rounding everything up.

The weird part is that if I load the Mech in MegaMek's MekLab, the cost validation window shows the same equipment cost calculation as me (although the total is actually 1,511,200, so maybe an engine rounding difference there?). However, the status bar shows the official cost of 1,512,400.

So what gives? Is the official number just lore? Does MM know what the lore cost is somehow? Why would lore costs be different from the Tech Manual costs, and which one should I use? TIA!
« Last Edit: 20 July 2023, 19:52:54 by Xotl »
— @mjog. Wildly disjunctive.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Mech C-Bill calculation inconsistencies
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2022, 15:16:04 »
This isn't really a rules question, other than to agree that TM says don't count the ammo in the unit cost and that MM and the MUL are not updated to that.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register