Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99911 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #480 on: 20 May 2022, 12:23:19 »
Definitely would need an artist to provide lineart of the units,  for a TRO.  The philosophy I'm taking with the kitbashes is, it isn't necessarily the same auto/demo-con in mech form and alt-form, but a representative of that specific type, to match the fluff of a singular factory mass producing the chassis, and either design drift or repairs altering the final mode.  Whirly for example uses a Balac base, while the Hyena Salvagemech actually lends itself more to a Hind style copter, after seeing the rounded backpack parts, but to maintain consistency, the paint work makes it stand out as Whirl.

Still more on my workbench, and I'm glad people are enjoying them!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #481 on: 20 May 2022, 12:29:14 »
Picked up some of the mini transformer toys.
Think they work with the mechs.

Oh they certainly can!

Thank you, Herb this really looking good! With Luciora and other's miniature conversions a TRO could really be done!  :thumbsup:

Thank you! I'd be hard-pressed to put together any art for it, alas! But the stats... Well, let's say this has been diverting, at least!

And now for something completely different:

----

G-Turret (Emplacement AutoMech)

Summary

Have I mentioned how silly this “EmplacementMech” stuff is? I have a feeling I did. I also have a feeling I will do so again. Like, right now. The G-Turret emplacement AutoMech is a convertible gun battery, and quite possibly one of the most ridiculous ideas the Syberians came up with before they killed themselves off. Even the bestial AutoMechs, whose alternate modes accomplish little more than denying them the use of their hands, make more sense than these! Hell, it doesn’t even make sense that they endowed these things with their fancy faux-sentient AIs; a sensor system and basic fire control computers can do the job these machines fold themselves into!

Anyway… Here is an example of the most common direct-fire TurretMech we’ve encountered here.

Code: [Select]
Type: G-Turret
Technology Base: Syberian (Experimental)
Tonnage: 50

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: 5
Conversion Eqpt: Emplacement 5
Engine: 250 12.5
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Jumping MP: 0
Emplacement MP: None
Heat Sinks (Double): 10 [20] 0
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 168 10.5
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 16 16
Center Torso (rear) 15
R/L Torso 12 13
R/L Torso (rear) 11
R/L Arms 8 16
R/L Legs 12 24

Fixed Components Location Critical Tonnage
Conversion Equipment RA/RT/LA/LT 4 0

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Blazer Configuration
Binary Laser Cannon RA 4 9

Laser Battery Configuration
Large Laser RA 2 5
Medium Laser RA 1 1
3 Medium Lasers LA 3 3

Pulse Battery Configuration
2 Medium Pulse Lasers RA 2 4
ER Medium Laser CT 1 1
2 Medium Pulse Lasers LA 2 4

Flak Gun Configuration
LB 5-X AutoCannon RA 5 8
Ammo (LB 5-X AC) 20 CT 1 1

Light PPC Configuration
Light PPC RA 2 3
Light PPC CT 2 3
Light PPC LA 2 3

Snub PPC Configuration
ER Medium Laser RA 1 1
Snub-Nose PPC CT 2 6
ER Medium Laser LA 1 1
ER Medium Laser HD 1 1

Watchpost Configuration
ER Medium Laser RA 1 1
Beagle Active Probe RT 2 1.5
Comms Equipment RT 2 2
TAG CT 1 1
TAG CT (R) 1 1
Guardian ECM Suite LA 2 1.5
ER Medium Laser LA 1 1

Notes: Features the following Design Quirks: Illegal (Syberian Robotics AI, Biped/Quad ’Mech Conversion), Improved Sensors, Improved Targeting (All), Searchlight

Notable G-Turrets:
G-Turret Type Config. Function Skill Grade Skill Set ’Mech/Vehicle Form
G-Turret Blazer GruntMech Reg (5/4) Minimal Blackjack-O/Typhoon Tank*
G-Turret Laser Battery GruntMech Reg (5/4) Minimal Blackjack-O/DI Schmitt Tank*
G-Turret Pulse Battery GruntMech Reg (5/4) Minimal Blackjack-O/DI Schmitt Tank*
G-Turret Flak Gun GruntMech Reg (5/4) Minimal Blackjack-O/Thumper Towed
G-Turret Light PPC GruntMech Reg (5/4) Minimal Blackjack-O/Moltke Tank*
G-Turret Snub PPC GruntMech Reg (5/4) Minimal Blackjack-O/Typhoon Tank*
G-Turret Watchpost GruntMech Reg (5/4) Minimal Blackjack-O/Turhan Tank*

*Turret only

Our IE scouts on Syberia really don't know whether to laugh or weep that these are a thing.

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #482 on: 20 May 2022, 12:39:26 »
Definitely would need an artist to provide lineart of the units,  for a TRO.  The philosophy I'm taking with the kitbashes is, it isn't necessarily the same auto/demo-con in mech form and alt-form, but a representative of that specific type, to match the fluff of a singular factory mass producing the chassis, and either design drift or repairs altering the final mode.  Whirly for example uses a Balac base, while the Hyena Salvagemech actually lends itself more to a Hind style copter, after seeing the rounded backpack parts, but to maintain consistency, the paint work makes it stand out as Whirl.

Still more on my workbench, and I'm glad people are enjoying them!

Oh, I'm loving your kitbashes! (For Whirly, I must admit, my first thoughts on his Mech mode would've been the Pwwka LAM in Mech mode, with it's edgier look, backward-canted legs, and monocular head design, but you convinced me the Hyena was also a good fit, so I followed your lead there.)

As to getting someone to do the line-art, the BIG problem there is that we're talking about a very deliberate spoof on Transformers here, mixed with BattleTech. The history of lawsuits over trademarks across both franchises makes it a tad too "hot" for putting in a dedicated effort there, especially where money may have to change hands.

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #483 on: 20 May 2022, 18:02:09 »
WOO! Blazer Cannons FTW!  :D

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #484 on: 20 May 2022, 20:02:05 »
Wouldn't Shockwave (the original) consider to be emplacement / G-Turret? 

I personally felt they have some merit, but Soundwave (The original Cybertron form, episode 1, miniseries) transforming into fixture seem...to me suggest he could form other things so he could spy on them.

Lordy, its been eons since I seen the original G1 series. The plot was wee bit more cornier than i remembered. ;D
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #485 on: 20 May 2022, 22:49:47 »
Thats no light fixture!

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #486 on: 20 May 2022, 23:03:58 »
the original shockwave was technically a pistol. like megatron, he would size change between modes. later toys made him a vehicle. for pretty much the same reason megatron became a vehicle instead of a pistol. not only did it resole some child safety issues IRL, but it made them much more intimidating since they could fight and move on their own in both modes.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #487 on: 21 May 2022, 00:02:32 »
WOO! Blazer Cannons FTW!  :D

As the writer who created them, I have a soft spot for them as well.

Wouldn't Shockwave (the original) consider to be emplacement / G-Turret? 

I personally felt they have some merit, but Soundwave (The original Cybertron form, episode 1, miniseries) transforming into fixture seem...to me suggest he could form other things so he could spy on them.

Lordy, its been eons since I seen the original G1 series. The plot was wee bit more cornier than i remembered. ;D

I took the liberty of giving all the gun-formers and tape-formers vehicle modes based largely on their WfC/FoC continuity formats, which gave Megatron a tank mode, and Soundwave (and Blaster, by extension) truck forms. For Shockwave, I went with a tank form inspired by his TF: Prime/TF: Animated units, because they looked so awesome to me. (Although my take on animated Longarm was separated from Shockwave, and placed properly in the AutoBoP ranks as a "cousin" to Buster.)

Thus, those big guys got to avoid the Emplacement Mode that would have robbed them of their agency.

But generics? Who cares about them? Thus, we have turrets! G-Turrets (Gun-Turrets), M-Turrets (Missile-Turrets), and a third one with a bit more profile that IE dubs the "Triad" for their habit of always working in threes.

the original shockwave was technically a pistol. like megatron, he would size change between modes. later toys made him a vehicle. for pretty much the same reason megatron became a vehicle instead of a pistol. not only did it resole some child safety issues IRL, but it made them much more intimidating since they could fight and move on their own in both modes.

Exactly!

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #488 on: 21 May 2022, 04:04:02 »
For the most part, I have been keeping my selections to only one incarnation of the character (two for triple-changers and/or duocons). Blurr thus has a hover-based "Beetle II" chassis we've yet to see, while Arcee has been assigned to the Wheeled "Sneaker" chassis, along with a number of other "redecos/minor retools" in her frame. Brainstorm and Nautica are not currently on my list, but if they were...Brainstorm would likely get a new chassis type or be added to one of the aerofighter classes we already have ("Seeker," most likely, as his forms look close enough to me for the transition to make sense). And Nautica would get her own all-new chassis type, because there are currently no submarine Syberians on the list at all.

That's what I'd do. In the case of the AutoVees, deliberate effort was taken to make them all identical to each other. But for more distinctive personas, I would likely be making more distinct Mech mode/vehicle mode choices.

- Herb

Sounds cool. I did wonder how it'd be handled with so many characters being redecoed now. I would have made the G1 Brainstorm an Aerofighter and the later Brainstorm a VeeMech. That was before we had rules for WiGEMechs though. :) I suppose sharing the base chassis and some parts could still work though since they're Mechs that convert to something else.

:) Cool. I was wondering if some chassis' just naturally lent themselves to multiple motive types. It'd simplify construction and repairs some. It'd also mean one factory could produce units for a variety of terrain types. Something a smaller faction with less resources might like.

Given your fascination with amphibious units, RifleMech, this one might fascinate you...

AutoShark (Submarine AutoMech)

Love it!  :) Thanks  :thumbsup: :beer:  Did I miss the AutoGator?  :-\

So, in my ongoing play with what is fast becoming a completed TRO: Syberia, I have established a set of faction rules worth going by, setting what amounts to the "character" of how each of the known factions constructs its units:

----
Factional Features

The following rules apply only to the construction and game rules for the units “native to” (i.e. built by) the listed factions. Captured and reprogrammed units from other factions do not receive any features or restrictions from their new factions.

Looks great!  :thumbsup:

Is Environmental Sealing built in to AutoMechs with Industrial Structures? Would a FighterMech built with Industrial Structure be a Conventional Fighter instead of an Aerospace Fighter or would it still be an Aerospace Fighter? Similarly would SubMech build with an Industrial Structure need environmental sealing to operate under water or is it built in?

Also would AutoMechs built with Industrial Structures have a lower gunnery do to having basic fire controls unless upgraded with advanced  fire controls?

Since there's a couple AutoMechs that change things a bit, how far can things get pushed? I was thinking about Water Walk and his alt-mode being an amphibious sea-plane. http://images.shoutwiki.com/gbwiki/2/2f/GoBotsToyWaterWalk.jpg
Since he only lands on his legs, would it be too out of line to build him this way?

Build him with an Industrial Structure to use the flotation hull chassis mod. It's not available to aerospace fighters. Keep the 3 Avionics crits where they are but remove the Landing Gear crits from the Torso locations. Then place 1 Landing Gear Crit and 1 Float Crit (Chassis Mod) in each leg. Considering the small wheels, maybe give him the weak undercarriage quirk when landing on dry land?

Also would it be appropriate to use the AirMech hit chart instead of the Fighter one considering how close his plane mode is to an AirMech?

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #489 on: 21 May 2022, 04:04:17 »
Picked up some of the mini transformer toys.
Think they work with the mechs.

Where do you find those?  I've got some old ones that are mini sized but are a solid color. I've also got some from Dollar Tree that are about mini sized but I haven't seen those.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #490 on: 21 May 2022, 06:57:27 »
Sounds cool. I did wonder how it'd be handled with so many characters being redecoed now. I would have made the G1 Brainstorm an Aerofighter and the later Brainstorm a VeeMech. That was before we had rules for WiGEMechs though. :) I suppose sharing the base chassis and some parts could still work though since they're Mechs that convert to something else.

:) Cool. I was wondering if some chassis' just naturally lent themselves to multiple motive types. It'd simplify construction and repairs some. It'd also mean one factory could produce units for a variety of terrain types. Something a smaller faction with less resources might like.

There are some units that are using the same components, but with different motive systems, such as the earlier example of the AutoVees, which used the same tonnage, engines, and so forth, to achieve their 'Mech forms, but then had different motive systems (in their case, Aerofighter and Wheeled). So, yeah, there are/were factories doing something like that, somewhere in the Syberia system. But the net result is still a new and different chassis when you tweak the motive systems. This is why the hover-driven Beetle II (which our Blurr expy is) is different from the standard Beetles. Now, I can see making a Nautica along their lines, but as she's a different unit, she'd end up being a de facto "Beetle III" or something else entirely.

Love it!  :) Thanks  :thumbsup: :beer:  Did I miss the AutoGator?  :-\

I don't think I posted it, no.

Is Environmental Sealing built in to AutoMechs with Industrial Structures? Would a FighterMech built with Industrial Structure be a Conventional Fighter instead of an Aerospace Fighter or would it still be an Aerospace Fighter? Similarly would SubMech build with an Industrial Structure need environmental sealing to operate under water or is it built in?

Well, shit. I've poured over a bunch of sources and, unless there's been an errata, I guess you'd be right and I'd have to re-engineer ALL the Industrial-based units. That, or handwave that the Syberians incorporated environmental sealing in their AutoMech chassis. *snaps fingers* Got it! What I've been calling IndustrialMech Structure is actually a variant of Primitive Structure with integrated enviro-sealing. As it is technically NOT primitive in nature per se, it can mount standard armor, rather than primitive armor. That way, I only need to add verbiage.

Also would AutoMechs built with Industrial Structures have a lower gunnery do to having basic fire controls unless upgraded with advanced  fire controls?

Nerp. If you look at the notes, fire control systems are addressed.

Since there's a couple AutoMechs that change things a bit, how far can things get pushed? I was thinking about Water Walk and his alt-mode being an amphibious sea-plane. http://images.shoutwiki.com/gbwiki/2/2f/GoBotsToyWaterWalk.jpg
Since he only lands on his legs, would it be too out of line to build him this way?

Blah. Go-Bots. Get away from me with that garbage!

Build him with an Industrial Structure to use the flotation hull chassis mod. It's not available to aerospace fighters. Keep the 3 Avionics crits where they are but remove the Landing Gear crits from the Torso locations. Then place 1 Landing Gear Crit and 1 Float Crit (Chassis Mod) in each leg. Considering the small wheels, maybe give him the weak undercarriage quirk when landing on dry land?

Yeah, probably something like that. Cat knows I've already had to make a couple new features.

Also would it be appropriate to use the AirMech hit chart instead of the Fighter one considering how close his plane mode is to an AirMech?

Nerp. We're sticking with the standard AutoMech hit tables. AirMechs don't exist as such in the Syberian system. (I mean, seriously, if we based it on the look of them, then the Marauder, Catapult, and any other Mech with chicken legs and a horizontal torso would use the AirMech table.)

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #491 on: 21 May 2022, 16:38:25 »
Have you come up with a idea for a "Blackout" big vtol from the first Bay movie?

I thought his attack in the first minutes of the movie was just awesome.
I also have the small Titanium version of that and is a perfect size for the Battletech sized miniatures!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #492 on: 21 May 2022, 17:40:54 »
Have you come up with a idea for a "Blackout" big vtol from the first Bay movie?

I thought his attack in the first minutes of the movie was just awesome.
I also have the small Titanium version of that and is a perfect size for the Battletech sized miniatures!

Hmmm. Mini-wise, looking at the Pinto, the Hawk Moth, and the Kestrel as closest visual fits to his chopper mode. Any preference?

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #493 on: 21 May 2022, 18:02:23 »
Hmmm. Mini-wise, looking at the Pinto, the Hawk Moth, and the Kestrel as closest visual fits to his chopper mode. Any preference?

- Herb

Pinto is the closest I would think. It was based of the CH53E and that is a big helo.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #494 on: 21 May 2022, 19:09:07 »
Pinto is the closest I would think. It was based of the CH53E and that is a big helo.

Okay, so, that squares away the Vee form. What best fits his Mech form, now...? *searches* Getting the blades in the back is gonna be up to a modder, but he definitely has a recessed head with enough bulk about the shoulders to give him a hunched look. Seeing shoulder missiles. Sometime holds his blades as a weapon in his left hand (Cop-Tor style, IIRC). Toys give him a kind of dog-legged style.

Flamberge, Eyleuka, Dola, Cave Lion, Anvil, Gestalt, Spider-7K (MWDA), Shrike, Pariah, Jade Hawk... Do you have a favorite among those for Blackout?

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #495 on: 21 May 2022, 19:33:33 »
Okay, so, that squares away the Vee form. What best fits his Mech form, now...? *searches* Getting the blades in the back is gonna be up to a modder, but he definitely has a recessed head with enough bulk about the shoulders to give him a hunched look. Seeing shoulder missiles. Sometime holds his blades as a weapon in his left hand (Cop-Tor style, IIRC). Toys give him a kind of dog-legged style.

Flamberge, Eyleuka, Dola, Cave Lion, Anvil, Gestalt, Spider-7K (MWDA), Shrike, Pariah, Jade Hawk... Do you have a favorite among those for Blackout?

- Herb

Like the Cave Lion and a Jade Hawk. That look close enough..

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #496 on: 21 May 2022, 19:37:34 »
honestly i'd go with the Dola, since it has the right posture and profile.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #497 on: 21 May 2022, 19:43:36 »
honestly i'd go with the Dola, since it has the right posture and profile.

If he'd picked the Dola, I'd have a chassis type ready to go for him; that's the Rotor model, most of which have a Cavalry VTOL conversion, but it wouldn't be the first time a body changed looks within the class. (My Tankuses are horrendously inconsistent; guess they like to customize.)

The Jade Hawk, with its "plumage" looks like an easy mod (the winglets mostly become Blackout's rotors), so I think I'll use that one.

Which means, Blackout gets a whole new body type!

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #498 on: 21 May 2022, 20:04:53 »
If he'd picked the Dola, I'd have a chassis type ready to go for him; that's the Rotor model, most of which have a Cavalry VTOL conversion, but it wouldn't be the first time a body changed looks within the class. (My Tankuses are horrendously inconsistent; guess they like to customize.)

The Jade Hawk, with its "plumage" looks like an easy mod (the winglets mostly become Blackout's rotors), so I think I'll use that one.

Which means, Blackout gets a whole new body type!

- Herb

Yeah the Dola looks better.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #499 on: 21 May 2022, 20:06:59 »
Hmm, I could use some more decepticon balance.  :)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #500 on: 21 May 2022, 20:08:21 »
Hmm, I could use some more decepticon balance.  :)

Yup. You need more good guys!

Belch, did you change your mind? Because I'm halfway into the statting right now.

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #501 on: 21 May 2022, 20:12:07 »
I forgot about the Dola, I was probably too fixated on the skis and claws.  In the end the mini I made could just be a one off.  🙂

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #502 on: 21 May 2022, 20:15:07 »
I forgot about the Dola, I was probably too fixated on the skis and claws.  In the end the mini I made could just be a one off.  🙂

*slap* *slap* *slap*

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #503 on: 21 May 2022, 20:37:26 »
Okay. So.....

I have only 7 tons to play with for Blackout's weaponry. (He's 35 tons, maxed armor, and has a 3/5/3V [5/8 in VTOL form].) To reflect his rotor when used as a weapon--which is not always the case--I actually thought I'd have some fun and opt for the industrial Combine at 2.5 tons and 4 crits. (A retractable blade is an alternative, weighs the same, and takes up one less crit, but doesn't go spinny-spinny.) The rest of his weapons are currently 3 ERMLs and a pair of RL-10s.

Thoughts?

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #504 on: 21 May 2022, 21:09:06 »
There are some units that are using the same components, but with different motive systems, such as the earlier example of the AutoVees, which used the same tonnage, engines, and so forth, to achieve their 'Mech forms, but then had different motive systems (in their case, Aerofighter and Wheeled). So, yeah, there are/were factories doing something like that, somewhere in the Syberia system. But the net result is still a new and different chassis when you tweak the motive systems. This is why the hover-driven Beetle II (which our Blurr expy is) is different from the standard Beetles. Now, I can see making a Nautica along their lines, but as she's a different unit, she'd end up being a de facto "Beetle III" or something else entirely.

Cool. :) :thumbsup:

I don't think I posted it, no.

Well, I'm glad I didn't miss it but I'm sad its not posted. :(

Well, shit. I've poured over a bunch of sources and, unless there's been an errata, I guess you'd be right and I'd have to re-engineer ALL the Industrial-based units. That, or handwave that the Syberians incorporated environmental sealing in their AutoMech chassis. *snaps fingers* Got it! What I've been calling IndustrialMech Structure is actually a variant of Primitive Structure with integrated enviro-sealing. As it is technically NOT primitive in nature per se, it can mount standard armor, rather than primitive armor. That way, I only need to add verbiage.

:) Sounds like it's fixed.  :thumbsup:

Nerp. If you look at the notes, fire control systems are addressed.

Blah. Go-Bots. Get away from me with that garbage!

Cool.  :thumbsup:

;D They're actually Transformers now and some are pretty cool.

Yeah, probably something like that. Cat knows I've already had to make a couple new features.

>:D Very cool :thumbsup:

Nerp. We're sticking with the standard AutoMech hit tables. AirMechs don't exist as such in the Syberian system. (I mean, seriously, if we based it on the look of them, then the Marauder, Catapult, and any other Mech with chicken legs and a horizontal torso would use the AirMech table.)

- Herb

That's cool. I have wondered about doing that but haven't bothered to try it in a game.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #505 on: 21 May 2022, 21:24:25 »
I'm sorry!  I swear the next kitbash will be to your tech specs! 

*slap* *slap* *slap*

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #506 on: 21 May 2022, 22:31:08 »
Well, I'm glad I didn't miss it but I'm sad its not posted. :(

Leaving aside the 12 DropShips/Mobile Structures/Large Naval Vessel, there is now a solid 242 units in my list here, spread across 78 chassis types. If I posted all of them, I'd be drowning out everyone else's input, and I don't think anyone wants that.

:) Sounds like it's fixed.  :thumbsup:

Yeah. THAT one is fixed, but now I'm starting to suspect I ****** up everything with Improved Jump Jets here. I anticipate some real screw-ups here.

That's cool. I have wondered about doing that but haven't bothered to try it in a game.

Long ago, I considered it for a gimmick in an altered form of BattleTech I was making for another setting. In addition to things like adding a "Lower Torso" location and a D20-driven combat system. I was going to work up a list of chassis types and different hit location tables by said types. Toward the end I started feeling like I was adding rules for their own sake, and sucking all the fun out of playing it.

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #507 on: 21 May 2022, 22:48:12 »
"Takes notes* Pinto and Jade Hawk.....

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #508 on: 21 May 2022, 23:27:13 »
Leaving aside the 12 DropShips/Mobile Structures/Large Naval Vessel, there is now a solid 242 units in my list here, spread across 78 chassis types. If I posted all of them, I'd be drowning out everyone else's input, and I don't think anyone wants that.

:) Nope but they'd still be nice to see. I don't know why but I like the Sharkticons and Alicons.  :))

Yeah. THAT one is fixed, but now I'm starting to suspect I ****** up everything with Improved Jump Jets here. I anticipate some real screw-ups here.

Why?  ??? Syberian Improved Jump Jets don't have to be the same as IS versions.

Long ago, I considered it for a gimmick in an altered form of BattleTech I was making for another setting. In addition to things like adding a "Lower Torso" location and a D20-driven combat system. I was going to work up a list of chassis types and different hit location tables by said types. Toward the end I started feeling like I was adding rules for their own sake, and sucking all the fun out of playing it.

- Herb

Sounds interesting.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #509 on: 22 May 2022, 04:59:35 »
Okay. So.....

I have only 7 tons to play with for Blackout's weaponry. (He's 35 tons, maxed armor, and has a 3/5/3V [5/8 in VTOL form].) To reflect his rotor when used as a weapon--which is not always the case--I actually thought I'd have some fun and opt for the industrial Combine at 2.5 tons and 4 crits. (A retractable blade is an alternative, weighs the same, and takes up one less crit, but doesn't go spinny-spinny.) The rest of his weapons are currently 3 ERMLs and a pair of RL-10s.

Thoughts?

- Herb

I like it, sounds good to me. I wish he was a little more than 35 tons and got a SRM rack of some size instead of the RL-10s.
I just make them a lot to powerful and large for this.