Author Topic: Grinder Mech List  (Read 3130 times)

Targhost

• Recruit
Grinder Mech List
« on: 06 April 2022, 00:03:20 »
I recently played in a Grinder at Adepticon 2022, and was looking to run something similar for my friends. Does anyone have a list of all the mechs used at Adepticon, or any other similar events?

OrangeWoman

• Boss Honcho, Catalyst Demo Team & Mini/Board Games
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Orange
Re: Grinder Mech List
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2022, 08:52:42 »
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now.

The mech list you used at Adepticon is currently under consideration to be made into an official product & therefore is not available.

However, there are many other mech lists out there & at its core Grinder is a simple concept. Take the mechs you have & divide them up into 4 levels (the 6 level grinder you saw is much bigger than most people use). That is how the concept started & it still works.

Many people in fact love that they can use the mechs they have for this & not need to go get others. Also, most people start small (with perhaps 8 mechs from the box set) & then grow in directions that interest them (based on what mechs they buy). Also, remember, you don't need to play WYSIWYG so if you want to try some variants out before buying the minis that is totally fine too.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2022, 10:08:18 »
Question.

What were the 6 levels used in the Grinder above?

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2022, 11:32:23 »
What were the 6 levels used in the Grinder above?
  • Purple (First)
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Yellow
  • Orange
  • Red (Last)
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2022, 12:40:58 »
Sorry, I guess I'm not familiar with the colors or what that means.

I'm used to a grinder being 4 mechs Light-Medium-Heavy-Assault, so I was wondering how the levels are set up?
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2022, 14:45:37 »
From my experience the lowest level is not just light mechs, but intro mechs (3025 tech, or L1 tech via HMP), and as you go up in color,l not only do they get heavier, but your tech base/level increases, so you can have clan mechs, quads and the like.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2022, 07:24:59 »
Sounds like a post on the "Grinder Rules" might be needed?
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

AETiglathPZ

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2022, 10:49:31 »
What I played with at Adepticon 22. Some Pilots were better than others.

Purple(Militia) -Icarus 2(40 ton)
Blue(Recruit) - Trebuchet TBT-5N(50 ton)
Green(Green) -Cestus CTS-7A(65ton)
Yellow(Regular) -Avatar AVI-0K(70ton)
Orange(Veteran) -Hunchback IIC(50ton)
Red(Elite) - Titan II TI-2P(100ton)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2022, 14:39:46 »
Sounds like a post on the "Grinder Rules" might be needed?

I would love to get a print out..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2022, 08:13:01 »
I would love to get a print out..

The mech list you used at Adepticon is currently under consideration to be made into an official product & therefore is not available.

However, there are many other mech lists out there & at its core Grinder is a simple concept. Take the mechs you have & divide them up into 4 levels (the 6 level grinder you saw is much bigger than most people use). That is how the concept started & it still works.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

ComStar_CustomerService

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 20 June 2022, 14:50:53 »
When I run a grinder I usually set whether we are using Inner Sphere mechs or Clan Mechs. Start with light mechs and work up to assault mechs. I set the light mechs with a 1G/2P, Medium 2G/3p, and 3G/4P for heavies and assaults. Honestly you can pick whatever mechs you want for each class, just keep them balanced out on the weapons. Ex. you don't want a bunch with small lasers and machine guns and 1 with a PPC.