Author Topic: A commissioned Sagittaire redesign  (Read 2590 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
A commissioned Sagittaire redesign
« on: 02 June 2022, 06:21:18 »
A simple redesign of the Sagittaire I commissioned for use as a reference in possible 3d modeling at some point someday. The basic concept for the redesign was changing the feet, heightening the PPC, and adding 'fins'. Funny reason behind that;

The character in my profile picture is a Secretary Bird, latin name being Sagittarius serpentarius, so I figured there could be a connection, namewise, with the Sagittaire mech. Given the Sagittaire's propensity for jumping into a fight, likely kicking and utilizing its highly accurate pulse lasers-reflecting the Secretary Bird's typical hunting strategy of several accurate kicks to the skull of would-be prey-, I felt the combination of the two fit. In summary; Adding the 'proper' feet (Changing the feet to a four-toed, three front one rear design like the avian 'namesake' I consider it as having, adding 'fins' to match the real bird's head crest; And simply making the machine more flat and angular than smooth.

Art by prdarkfox.
« Last Edit: 02 June 2022, 06:23:27 by Caedis Animus »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Re: A commissioned Sagittaire redesign
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2022, 09:11:21 »
This is REALLY good! Love this and great work!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Hazard Pay

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2022, 21:56:20 »
I love it! Looks and feels great.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2022, 09:41:29 »
Ooh, nice, makes the Sagittaire design actually likeable.

Curiously it reminds me a bit of the Celestials.

Hptm. Streiger

• Lieutenant
  • 3d artist, spread sheet warrior, KTF
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2022, 15:01:51 »
Much better as a design concept, than the old and the new version

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2022, 08:44:30 »
Ooh, nice, makes the Sagittaire design actually likeable.

Curiously it reminds me a bit of the Celestials.
I'll admit that I'm biased towards liking the back spikes so common on the Celestial series.

That said, they actually weren't a factor here-the 'Mech I cited for the artist was actually the Zeus-X. Funny, that. Regardless, I'm likely going to be strapping a few extra 'bits' to my Sagittaire mini if I'm lucky enough to nab one of those new packs.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2022, 08:46:52 by Caedis Animus »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2022, 08:50:58 »
Good choice on the back spikes and yeah they looked good on the Celestials. That series of 'mechs biggest visual failings that whilst they had these awesome looking torso sections, the arms and legs were bare bones, if they had some panelling on them or something, would have just rounded them out so much more.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Schwerpunkt Prinzip

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2022, 21:44:21 »
I love this redesign. The Sagittaire is probably my favourite 'mech and I'm currently converting the IWM model to a 10X. Can I steal your idea of fins?  ^-^
Quote from: worktroll
He's named after a Roman Emperor, and appears to be Elemental phenotype. Levitation's a cinch! :D

Project Dark Fox

• Recruit
  • Anxiety Bucket
    • Project Dark Fox: The Site
« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2022, 02:22:19 »
Oh hey. That image looks familiar. ;)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2022, 12:45:57 »
Oh hey. That image looks familiar. ;)
I can't put my finger on as to why  :D

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 20 July 2022, 12:14:35 »
Nice one. Orginal Sagg is very over the top and You mate it a little more believable.
(+)

Star Captain

• Private
  • I Like Clans I like Clans I like Clans
« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2022, 04:58:38 »
A simple redesign of the Sagittaire I commissioned for use as a reference in possible 3d modeling at some point someday. The basic concept for the redesign was changing the feet, heightening the PPC, and adding 'fins'. Funny reason behind that;

The character in my profile picture is a Secretary Bird, latin name being Sagittarius serpentarius, so I figured there could be a connection, namewise, with the Sagittaire mech. Given the Sagittaire's propensity for jumping into a fight, likely kicking and utilizing its highly accurate pulse lasers-reflecting the Secretary Bird's typical hunting strategy of several accurate kicks to the skull of would-be prey-, I felt the combination of the two fit. In summary; Adding the 'proper' feet (Changing the feet to a four-toed, three front one rear design like the avian 'namesake' I consider it as having, adding 'fins' to match the real bird's head crest; And simply making the machine more flat and angular than smooth.

Art by prdarkfox.

I like the redesign, the cockpit and the center torso has a similar shape to the Jenner.
Part of the Twenty-first Combined Assault Cluster of the Clan Diamond shark Alpha galaxy.

Warhawk is cool.

Register