Author Topic: (Answered) Heavy Burst Special Stacking  (Read 1890 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
(Answered) Heavy Burst Special Stacking
« on: 28 June 2022, 20:28:44 »
So... with the "nerf" to infantry weapons, i.e., anything over 0.60 damage used as a Primary Weapon is limited to that, but grants the Heavy Burst Special (bottom of page 9 of TechManual Errata v6.0, dated 12 February 2022): does that effect stack if the Squad gains Heavy Burst from another source (either its support weapons, or simply by using the infamous M42B... or insanely, BOTH!)?  This would mean 2d6 (or 3d6!) Anti-Infantry damage is possible from a single squad.  This issue has gained a bit more relevance with the recent articles in Shrapnel that gave us yet more weapons that do over 0.60 damage as "Standard" (potential "Primary") vice "Support" weapons.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2022, 01:28:03 by Xotl »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Does the Heavy Burst Special Stack?
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2022, 10:24:14 »
Heavy Burst is binary so either a unit has it or it does not. It does not stack.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Does the Heavy Burst Special Stack?
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2022, 11:35:58 »
Thanks Sartris!  That's what i thought, but wanted to make sure with all the extra Heavy Burst bonuses flying around these days.  :thumbsup:

Register