Author Topic: (Answered) How long to become "Hidden"?  (Read 1870 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
(Answered) How long to become "Hidden"?
« on: 06 July 2022, 10:18:30 »
I've been through Total Warfare (p. 259-260, "Hidden Units"), TacOps: AR (p. 166, "Improved Positions"), TacOps: AUE (p. 152-153, "Specialized Infantry"), and the OG StratOps (p. 320, "Hidden Units") and can't find any reference as to how long it takes to "hide" a unit.  TW, TO:AR and SO all only say "at the beginning of a scenario", and TO:AUE says three turns for creating a "fortified hex", but the effect of that is somewhat beyond what "hidden" provides (i.e., it provides the "hidden" option (at the beginning of a scenario, per TO:AR p. 166) AND defensive bonuses on top of that).

For context, my "scenario" is this: a jeep is running from pirates toward friendly forces ~300 km away (and is being pursued, of course).  How much time do the friendly forces need to set up hidden positions to ambush the pursuit force?
« Last Edit: 12 July 2022, 11:36:00 by Hammer »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: How long to become "Hidden"?
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2022, 21:16:20 »
A unit either starts the scenario hidden or it does not. Neither TW nor TO indicates how long this process takes. It’s up to players at this time to work out something in campaign play that makes sense to them. A theoretical future version of TO would be the place where this would be addressed directly but does not exist under the extant rules

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: How long to become "Hidden"?
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2022, 00:08:42 »
Thanks Sartris!  Glad to know I was looking in the right place, even if the rule isn't there yet.  :thumbsup:

Register