Author Topic: MWO - August Free 'Mech Event - Incubus INC-5(C)  (Read 2532 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
MWO - August Free 'Mech Event - Incubus INC-5(C)
« on: 02 August 2022, 20:42:40 »

https://mwomercs.com/login?return=/events/460

Like the recent free monthly 'Mech events just matchscore grinder so play as you wish.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
Re: MWO - August Free 'Mech Event - Incubus INC-5(C)
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2022, 12:43:44 »
As someone who already owns a handful of Incubus variants, I'm not terribly interested in the ’Mech itself, but I am interested in the rewards. I'm particularly interested in the GSP rewards so that I can skill up the two remaining Prime(I) OmniMechs I have left to do that on from the Clan Invasion Wave 1 pack I got for my birthday last week. ;D

Shame that there's no MC on the line this time around, though. Ah well.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2022, 14:13:45 »
Like the recent free monthly 'Mech events just matchscore grinder so play as you wish.
Yeah!

So I have taken some of my favorite 'Mechs and completed the challenge in one go.  ;)

Nice 'Mech, is not it?

With the both Champion/PT bonuses, mastering it up should be quick!  ^-^

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2022, 15:38:08 »
Event done!! Didnt realize how tall the incubus was!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2022, 01:19:46 »
Event done!!
Good job!

Didnt realize how tall the incubus was!
Humanoid 'Mechs are taller than chicken-walkers such as the Uller.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2022, 16:22:45 »
Good job!
Humanoid 'Mechs are taller than chicken-walkers such as the Uller.
I've gotten used to my locust height hahaha.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2022, 02:31:02 »
I've gotten used to my locust height hahaha.
In comparison with the Locust, the Incubus feels like real giant.   ;D

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2022, 10:43:17 »
In comparison with the Locust, the Incubus feels like real giant.   ;D
Standing next to a timberwolf I felt like I hit a growth spurt ^_^.

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 07 August 2022, 11:03:25 »
Won it during my grind for Adder Prime(I) XP. ;D Considering selling it and filling the bay with a ’Mech I might actually use, like my future “St. Ives Blue”.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 07 August 2022, 11:54:18 »
Standing next to a timberwolf I felt like I hit a growth spurt ^_^.
There are even taller 'Mechs in MWO.  :)

Won it during my grind for Adder Prime(I) XP. ;D Considering selling it and filling the bay with a ’Mech I might actually use, like my future “St. Ives Blue”.
Are you sure? This Incubus can be useful when playing Assault or Conquest.

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 07 August 2022, 13:34:52 »
I’m sure. I’m developing a drop deck’s worth of “meta” ’Mechs in addition to ’Mechs I actually like to use in quick play, for the specific purpose of running competitive with my unit, and I already have a few Incubus variants from a pack I purchased months ago, one of which I had refit for a 2v2 70t tournament that I placed second in. ;D I’ll be fine if I don’t keep this specific one.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2022, 14:20:29 »
I’m sure. I’m developing a drop deck’s worth of “meta” ’Mechs in addition to ’Mechs I actually like to use in quick play, for the specific purpose of running competitive with my unit, and I already have a few Incubus variants from a pack I purchased months ago, one of which I had refit for a 2v2 70t tournament that I placed second in. ;D I’ll be fine if I don’t keep this specific one.

It seems to me that this free INC-5(C) has all but disappeared from the game.  :(

I guess that everybody is back to playing their usual assault 'Mechs.

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2022, 19:31:01 »
I’ve seen it more than a few times over the last few days, down in my usual tier 5 stomping grounds, and sometimes in higher tiers when I’m dropping with a group and someone in my group ranks significantly higher than me. ;D

Speaking for myself, I prefer to drop in my Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf, or Warhawk the most these days. That last one is particularly effective in my experience thus far. Sometimes, I'll even drop in my Stormcrow, Summoner, Kit Fox, or Adder.
« Last Edit: 14 August 2022, 22:12:40 by Akamia »

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 14 August 2022, 23:55:48 »
I’ve seen it more than a few times over the last few days, down in my usual tier 5 stomping grounds, and sometimes in higher tiers when I’m dropping with a group and someone in my group ranks significantly higher than me. ;D
Tiers are not so important.  :)

Speaking for myself, I prefer to drop in my Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf, or Warhawk the most these days. That last one is particularly effective in my experience thus far. Sometimes, I'll even drop in my Stormcrow, Summoner, Kit Fox, or Adder.
All these OmniMechs are still good, maybe with the exception of the Thor. The Thor lacks pod space, since it lacks endo-steel and has locked jump jets. The Black Hawk has the same problem, but it gets around it by boating a lot of light energy weapons. The Thor can not do even that.

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2022, 00:09:02 »
Tiers are not so important.  :)
Certainly, but because of how matchmaking usually works, how people play and what ’Mechs people bring at different tiers can paint one's perceptions. Just weeks ago, I voiced that there seemed to be a distinct lack of Vindicator pilots around; suddenly, recently, I've seen more than a handful, including a "St. Ives Blue" at one point. ;D
All these OmniMechs are still good, maybe with the exception of the Thor. The Thor lacks pod space, since it lacks endo-steel and has locked jump jets. The Black Hawk has the same problem, but it gets around it by boating a lot of light energy weapons. The Thor can not do even that.
Perhaps, but what the Summoner does bring to the table, at least in a Prime or M config's stock loadout, is a graceful simplicity such that, while it might not be scoring a lot of kills often, it can definitely deal significant amounts of damage quickly with its cooldown quirks, especially with the LB 10-X autocannon. Its real strength is in mobility. As one of my friends pointed out once when I brought up the specific issue of its lack of firepower, it's basically an oversized Griffin, for better or worse, with all the strengths and weaknesses that entails. (Except for the option of removing jump jets, though; on a Summoner, those are there to stay.)

That stuff might not count for much in a T2-1 game where everyone's (probably) running their best kill machines, but down where I'm playing? I do get dumpstered sometimes, but more recently and more often, I'm dancing around with it and holding my own as I work closely with others in my team, and a smile comes to my face any time I drop in my Summoner M and hear Nicolai Malthus in the matches where I do actually score at least one kill. And that's the real victory. ;)

For clarity, I have no delusions about Summoners being top, or even high, tier ’Mechs, especially in the way I play them; of all the ’Mechs I play, my Warhawk is actually my top performer, and my Summoner games are too inconsistent. But I have definitely had some very fun and satisfying games with my Summoners these days, and my PSR hasn’t been going down as often as it used to even while using them. ;D I’m tempted to spend the next month doing nothing but playing either my Prime or M configuration Summoners and seeing what happens.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2022, 10:09:18 by Akamia »

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 23 August 2022, 04:29:28 »
I do get dumpstered sometimes, but more recently and more often, I'm dancing around with it and holding my own as I work closely with others in my team, and a smile comes to my face any time I drop in my Summoner M and hear Nicolai Malthus in the matches where I do actually score at least one kill. And that's the real victory. ;)
I wondered how difficult it would be for PGI to create a modified game model for Summoner's Alternate Configuration M. Keeping 95% of the 'Mech intact, but removing the cockpit from the 'Mech's right shoulder and replacing it with the CT-placed version - as it should be.  ;)

Of course, with the PGI's current situation being as is, it no longer matters.  :(

Register