Author Topic: A proposal: Legacy No-Torso Twist Quirk implementation based on time/era  (Read 532 times)

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Art dictates life sometimes... I do understand the behind the scenes methods on why the current approved art for the stable of mech designs have changed for reasons (too many to discuss) but I propose a reason, In Game/Cannon, to justify the removal of legacy No-Torso Twist quirk on many designs (example, The Clan Nova [Black Hawk] or the Thug)...

Now, as mentioned in an older TRO, several 'mechs had revolutionary technical advancements occur, such as the extended Torso-Twist, for the models of the Grand Dragon being built post War of 3039 (TRO 3050 Upgrade) perhaps it can be, mentioned officially in how battlemech manufacturers began to improve their production, changing their products from what they looked like in previous publications to what they appear now as of 3150 (perhaps as early as post Jihad) and onwards. Can we agree, it's possible?

So here is my proposal: Two sub Quirks, each that provides some benefit for having them: Price reduction or possibly BV reduction

No-Torso Twist (Type 1): Example [Thug, Jagermech, Uller/Kitfox] Both these units, by their older art, were designated as legacy NTT Quirk, as were several other designs introduced in the early FASA era. When they were used during the SLDF era, the quirk was never considered a liability because the units were used in formations large enough to prevent enemies from taking advantage of their inability to torso twist towards a rear-placed opponent. My proposal is that, Succession Wars and onward, IS units bought and sold have a reduced price, to reflect that the unit is viewed SO POORLY because of it design limits (aka NTTq). I'll discuss the Clan designs separately

No-Torso Twist (Type 2): Example [Jenner, Nova/Black Hawk] The Jenner is an excellent example of the damage transfer sheet not reflecting the design limitations...

I need to do some running around between home and CLE (and back) so i will finish this tonight. Please, give me your feedback, both IG and RL views from the miniature collection on the official removal of NTTq... as this has more importance in non-official game play (or Megamek, for that matter, which is where I'm aiming my ideas/proposals towards)

*ahem* Idk what i want to suggest for this. I had pondered the idea of both price AND BV because of random ideas but after spending time in Show the Flag ops at my new living location (plus what has been discussed on recent Red's King Crab video) But my proposal remains, aimed towards Megamek more than anyone else: NTT exists until a set time IN, when it is removed/replaced...

thoughts?
« Last Edit: 02 September 2022, 12:50:52 by ThePW »
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Rules>>Art, so I'm ok with just removing the quirk entirely.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Type 1. Just give it the low resale value quirk.

Type 2.  Why should one random quirk affect BV when no other ones do?

I’m glad it’s going away, in MegaMek (the only time I use quirks) I always GM mode away NTT and EM Interferance. Err I mean I harden the electronics and have the techs rebuild the hip assemblies. It’s not a very fun quirk
NCKestrel’s new favorite.