Author Topic: What movies/tv are we watching part what ever: Running the streams!  (Read 74850 times)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Well, since that last thread hit 50 pages, and talk was up on starting a new one..  Here it is..

I saw two older movies tonight..  FIrst up was Chris Hemsworth's The Huntsman...  Still a decent watch.
Then came Clive owen's take on King arthur..  other than some great battle scenes, it's never really been one of my favorites of his films..  I much prefer ones like Child of man, or Duplicity..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: What movies/tv are we watching part what ever: Running the streams!
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2022, 23:48:22 »
Excalibur was my favorite Hollywood take on King Arthur.  It was the first movie I remember seeing in my entire life.

Nicol Williamsson was by far the best Merlin in any Arthurian film to date.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Son of Kerenski

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Everything is AWESOME.
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2022, 06:19:32 »
Watching Matrix Resurrections. Its not as good as the original trilogy but still entertaing to rewatch a 2nd time to pick up on all the things i missed first time round.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2022, 10:05:06 »
binged on all 9 seasons of seinfeld...
was forced to
not funny then not funny now why was it popular at all is beyond me
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2022, 12:44:37 »
Last night I watched Force 10 From Navaronne, because I hadn't seen it in 20+ YEARS.  Then I watched The Bird Cage, which I hadn't seen in 10+ years.  I really miss Robin Williams.   :(

Found out that Force 10 had Originally been planned to be a direct sequel to The Guns of Navaronne.  But then Stuff Happened, feet were dragged, and by the time they got around to filming a sequel, they decided the original cast was a bit too old for it.  But they cast new actors in a couple of old characters, and changed/forgot a few details.  Like in the first movie, 1 or 2 were chosen for the mission because they "spoke German like a German", but in F10, NONE of them spoke ANY German.  Though they knew the difference in German rank insignia?   ::)

I also discovered that Richard Kiel was an American Actor.  I always thought he was from somewhere in Europe, and never thought to look into his background.   :-[  Born in Detroit, his family moved to LA when he was 9.  Some of his jobs before he became an actor: door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman, a nightclub bouncer, a cemetery plot salesman, and even a night-school mathematics instructor at the William B. Ogden Radio Operational School in Burbank, CA, for 2 years!   ;D  I could see him "Bouncing" you to your cemetery plot!   :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2022, 13:44:14 »
I also thought jaws (Keil) was european..  Thinking he's from the same area roughly, as Lungren is.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2022, 12:09:16 »
I also thought jaws (Keil) was european..  Thinking he's from the same area roughly, as Lungren is.
And now I had to check on Dolph!  ;D

From his Wiki page.

Hans Lundgren (/ˈlʌndɡrən/, Swedish: [ˈdɔlːf ˈlɵ̌nːdɡreːn] (listen); born 3 November 1957[1]), better known as Dolph Lundgren, is a Swedish actor, filmmaker and martial artist. His breakthrough came in 1985, when he starred in Rocky IV as the imposing Soviet boxer Ivan Drago. Since then, Lundgren has starred in more than 80 films, almost all of them in the action genre.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 29 September 2022, 14:08:24 »
Dolph is born in Spånga in Stockholm. NW part of the city.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2022, 13:45:09 »
Escape From Kabul (2022) HBO documentary about the chaotic last days of the NATO intervention in Afghanistan. Interviews with Marines, civilians and the Taliban on the ground at the airport. Sad and infuriating, but also short, around 70 minutes in length. I'd like to say more but its against the rules so I'll leave it at that. Rating: 7.5/10

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Doing another re-watch through all the james bond.  Just got done with From russia with love, and Dr No.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #10 on: 01 October 2022, 14:48:52 »
Continued from last thread..

I am Belch II
One of the best parts of Ghostbusters is that it was a comedy, but the actors were playing it serious like that was the way of the world.
Agreed

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire
That's a big part of what let it hold up fairly well.

This is why my favorite Jim Carrey & Adam Sandler movies, respectively, are Liar Liar & Big Daddy.
In each they are not doing their typical comic stuff but instead playing normal characters & just letting their comedic talents seep through.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2022, 14:50:36 »
Last night I watched Force 10 From Navaronne, because I hadn't seen it in 20+ YEARS

Found out that Force 10 had Originally been planned to be a direct sequel to The Guns of Navaronne.  But then Stuff Happened, feet were dragged, and by the time they got around to filming a sequel, they decided the original cast was a bit too old for it.  But they cast new actors in a couple of old characters, and changed/forgot a few details.  Like in the first movie, 1 or 2 were chosen for the mission because they "spoke German like a German", but in F10, NONE of them spoke ANY German.  Though they knew the difference in German rank insignia?   ::)

To this day that is one of my favorite movies from childhood & to this day I've still never seen Guns of Navaronne.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #12 on: 01 October 2022, 17:32:44 »
Continued from last thread..
Agreed

This is why my favorite Jim Carrey & Adam Sandler movies, respectively, are Liar Liar & Big Daddy.
In each they are not doing their typical comic stuff but instead playing normal characters & just letting their comedic talents seep through.

It's easy to forget that Adam Sandler is actually a talented actor when he actually bothers to put effort into a film.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 01 October 2022, 21:40:21 »
the invaders
the late 60s tv series that is older than me..surprised how many big time actors were on that show before they made it big
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #14 on: 02 October 2022, 17:36:13 »
I'm weird. I am watching nightly TV Late late night show with Craig Ferguson show on YouTube because I never saw on it's original run.

For reason I found it funnier than most late night shows on now. Maybe I like it for British/Scottish sense of humor and honesty.
« Last Edit: 07 October 2022, 13:49:25 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2022, 18:15:40 »
Dolph is born in Spånga in Stockholm. NW part of the city.

I found him mentioned on a "Highest IQ Actors" article one day while searching something else on IMDB or somewhere
160 IQ, Masters in Engineering, & got a scholarship to MIT.  Also a 4th Dan Blackbelt, European Karate Champion 80/81.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #16 on: 03 October 2022, 10:53:34 »
She-Hulk: Plenty I could say about it that I am reasonably certain is rule 4.  What I think I can say here safely without violating any rules is that I don't like the 4th wall breaking.  It just isn't working like it did for Deadpool.  The writing that isn't rule 4 is pretty meh.  The ending to the penultimate episode was way too obvious to me.  4/10.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 03 October 2022, 14:36:42 »
She-Hulk: Plenty I could say about it that I am reasonably certain is rule 4.  What I think I can say here safely without violating any rules is that I don't like the 4th wall breaking.  It just isn't working like it did for Deadpool.  The writing that isn't rule 4 is pretty meh.  The ending to the penultimate episode was way too obvious to me.  4/10.

I never finished Ms. Marvel and didn’t bother to start she-hulk. The shows haven’t held up for various reasons. Although a guy I know is one of the graphics people for she-hulk. He even gets a cameo
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #18 on: 03 October 2022, 15:04:43 »
I found Ms. MArvel very good and interesting and am enjoying She-Hulk. The latter doesn't hide what it is with regards to the 4th wall (which was a huge part of the comic too)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 03 October 2022, 17:53:18 »
I found Ms. MArvel very good and interesting and am enjoying She-Hulk. The latter doesn't hide what it is with regards to the 4th wall (which was a huge part of the comic too)

The 4th wall breaking was ok for Deadpool, mainly because it was isolated from the MCU as a whole.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #20 on: 03 October 2022, 18:56:15 »
She-Hulk had popularized the idea of a comic book character who regularly broke the 4th Wall before Deadpool was even created.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2022, 21:54:55 »

Me as well.  I've watched Ms. Marvel more than any Marvel movie and I've been enjoying She-Hulk for the most part.  I actually like the 4th wall breaking.  It works for me.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2022, 22:44:00 »
things I have been watching:
ghostbusters 1984
ghostbusters afterlife
sing, and sing 2 (I mostly like sing 2 better than sing)
dodgeball and underdog story (in the back ground) as I am typing this
I watched she-hulk and I actually kind of like it
I picked up the dirty dozen on a $4.99 deal through movies anywhere
armageddon
the 5th element
the new space jam movie,

and other things

I did watch the new top gun movie and it was a serious nestalgia movie both in movie and for me
« Last Edit: 03 October 2022, 23:34:29 by guardiandashi »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #23 on: 03 October 2022, 23:31:15 »
I tried watching League of Super Pets.  I have no idea what the president of WB is thinking if Batgirl got canceled but this was greenlit for release*.  The humor is so dumb that even a lot of kids would probably be turned off by it, but it relies heavily on references to DC comics that only an adult who's been a longtime reader would understand.  Turned it off quickly.

*Actually I suspect that I do, but it's not something that's appropriate for discussion here.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 04 October 2022, 13:13:26 »
I'm weird. I am watch nightly TV Late late night show with Craig Ferguson show on YouTube because I never saw on it's original run.

For reason I found it funnier most late night shows on now. Maybe I like it for British/Scotish sense of humor and honesty.
It was very good and funny..  and I always enjoyed how he made fun of the fact CBS didn't know he was on because of the timeframe.   8)
I found him mentioned on a "Highest IQ Actors" article one day while searching something else on IMDB or somewhere
160 IQ, Masters in Engineering, & got a scholarship to MIT.  Also a 4th Dan Blackbelt, European Karate Champion 80/81.
I like how that info was writen into his character Gunner Jensen in the Expendables2
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2022, 13:25:38 »
There's been iirc, one other lungren film that mentioned his high IQ..

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #26 on: 05 October 2022, 08:11:20 »
The 4th wall breaking was ok for Deadpool, mainly because it was isolated from the MCU as a whole.
Speaking of which, he Ryan Reynolds is getting Huge Jackman come back for one more time as the Wolverine in next Deadpool movie.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2022, 14:10:23 »
I saw that mentioned on youtube..  Loved seeing that vid of them two together.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2022, 15:33:38 »
The Forgotten Battle (2020) Dutch WW2 movie about the prelude and the battle to secure a marshland near Antwerp during the Allied push into Germany. Better than the typical Hollywood movie because there weren't any superhuman heroics involved, so that made it more realistic, but I found the characters to be archetypes more than real people. All in all, not bad. Rating: 6.5/10

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2022, 16:09:26 »
Speaking of which, he Ryan Reynolds is getting Huge Jackman come back for one more time as the Wolverine in next Deadpool movie.

The thing that sucks about Hugh Jackman coming back is that made the Logan movie and the great end of a character now kind of useless.  There is even talk about bringing back Patrick Stewart as Professor X again....but I guess that was already a thing in Dr Strange MOM.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Register