Author Topic: (Answered) Artillery, artillery cannons, and scatter  (Read 1046 times)

DevianID

• Captain
(Answered) Artillery, artillery cannons, and scatter
« on: 23 November 2022, 10:44:33 »
Howdy.  I see in the errata that for indirect fire, scatter was changed to 1 per MOF, from rolling d6 per MOF.  However, the scatter rules for both direct fire artillery and artillery cannons still reference scattering with dice.  (So my old book on page 285 says artillery cannons scatter like artillery on page 182 but halve the dice.  Direct fire says they scatter a d6 with no MOF multiplier.)

Should both direct fire artillery and artillery cannons scatter 1 per MOF and ignore the bit about d6, like how indirect fire scatters?

If I miss my direct fire artillery or my artillery cannon by 2, how much is each type supposed to scatter?

Apologies if this wording was changed when tac ops got split into 2 books, and was thus addressed without mention in the old books errata.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2022, 15:38:53 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Artillery, artillery cannons, and scatter
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2022, 15:38:47 »
Use MoF / 2 for scatter like the artillery cannon entry says; the reference to rolling for MoF there will be fixed.

The direct-fire reference should also be changed to MoF / 2, just like the above.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register