Author Topic: (Answered) Active cover and Hull down  (Read 1897 times)

Vincent Red

• Recruit
(Answered) Active cover and Hull down
« on: 27 November 2022, 12:43:47 »
Hey guys,
can you combine "active cover" with Hull down to get +3 bonus from cover even if the enemy is higher then you?

Tac Ops page 88 "A ’Mech can move to the edge of the hex it is occupying to actively “take cover,” gaining partial cover through a single chosen hexside regardless of the attacker’s level. Naturally, the hex behind which the target takes cover must be half the level of the ’Mech—that is, one level higher than the underlying terrain in the hex in which the ’Mech is standing. The hexside must be chosen at the beginning of the Weapon Attack Phase, and a unit taking cover may not torso twist."
« Last Edit: 20 July 2023, 00:40:25 by Xotl »

Vincent Red

• Recruit
Re: Active cover and Hull down
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2023, 05:51:57 »
Hello,
I really need your help with this one. I tried different battletech forums but nobody could answer the question. One of my friends already made this maneuver so we need to know if its possible  :D

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Active cover and Hull down
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2023, 00:40:20 »
Both are optional rules.  If all players have agreed to use both rules at the start of the game, there's nothing in one that contradicts or otherwise prevents the other from being used, so yes, they would stack.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0