Author Topic: MW5: Mercenaries - Rise Of Rasalhague Expansion Pack  (Read 6729 times)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
MW5: Mercenaries - Rise Of Rasalhague Expansion Pack
« on: 29 November 2022, 17:34:45 »

MECHWARRIOR 5: MERCENARIES - RISE OF RASALHAGUE

MECHWARRIOR 5: MERCENARIES - RISE OF RASALHAGUE​

In a conflict that pre-dates the formation of the Star League, Join Colonel Månsdottir and the people of Rasalhague in a fight for freedom and independence from the Great Houses, in a new 12 mission quest line. Rise of Rasalhague adds the Crusader 'Mech chassis with 11 variants, the new Rival Mercenaries feature allowing you to interact with numerous other mercenary companies and the infamous Bounty Hunter.

The fourth DLC for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will be released on January 26, 2023, and will be $14.99 USD.

Rise of Rasalhague​ will be available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One X, Xbox One, PS4™ system, PlayStation®5, Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store.

Add MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Rise of Rasalhague to your wishlist on your favorite platform and receive Free Gifts in MechWarrior Online!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rise of Rasalhague adds the Crusader 'Mech chassis with 11 variants, including the Hero 'Crael' variant with melee weapon capabilities.

Various significant improvements to AI performance and behavior.

Redesigned 'Mech Hanger allowing you to expand your active 'Mech roster.

Many Quality of Life improvements making gameplay experience even more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2022, 17:52:53 by martian »

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
Re: MW5: Mercenaries - Rise Of Rasalhague Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2022, 19:04:10 »
Crusader!!!!!!!!!   ;D

And the expansion of the hangar... does that mean we can have 2 lances?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2022, 19:06:26 »
Yes please, excellent, I'm playing my third playthrough  so far so I guess that'll come out for playthrough 4
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2022, 19:19:12 »
I really wanted to see the Clans next, but this works too :)
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2022, 20:10:45 »
Three days after me birthday, not too bad - and a lot more than I was expecting!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2022, 20:27:55 »
I really wanted to see the Clans next, but this works too :)
Closest thing we'll get to the Clans is the mods we get from coders from Nexus.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 29 November 2022, 20:33:54 »
12 mission Rasalhague quest line.

Crusader added with 11 variants including hero melee weapon capable.

Rival & friendly Mercenaries & Bounty Hunter intel.

New "Infiltration" game mode - with an Atlas pictured doing some Steiner Scouting lol

AI IMPROVEMENTS Various significant improvements to AI performance and behavior

EXPANDED 'MECH HANGER Redesigned 'Mech Hanger allowing you to expand your active 'Mech roster

ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS Many Quality of Life improvements making gameplay experience even more enjoyable

looks pretty good to me

butchbird

• Master Sergeant
  • In loving memory
« Reply #7 on: 29 November 2022, 21:09:09 »
Was quite disapointed with call to arms thinking it would be the end...Very good news indeed. Now the question I'm asking myself is if the Crusader will have leg-mounted srms?

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2022, 02:29:33 »
Leg-mounted weapons are probably just not in the cards for the PGI-era video games, or any other MechWarrior title for the foreseeable future, for better or worse. Still looking forward to the Crusader's arrival in MW5Mercs, though. I'm especially pleased to play a Rasalhague-focused expansion. The FRR is my favorite Inner Sphere power for its time. ;D Getting to interact with other mercenary units beyond scripted encounters in story chains is a nice bonus!
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 30 November 2022, 11:30:51 »
Was quite disapointed with call to arms thinking it would be the end...Very good news indeed. Now the question I'm asking myself is if the Crusader will have leg-mounted srms?
Probably not. It would not be practical.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2022, 17:28:09 »
I wonder if MWO can be modded to handle physical attacks (arm wise) since they worked out the basics.  They'd need remodel stuff if that were possible.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2022, 23:59:16 »
MWO's problem is not modeling or animation, its netcode. Even with Host State Rewind to try and balance wild variations in ping, odds of actually hitting with a hatchet let alone having the visual line up is slim. MW5 being largely a solo game doesn't have to worry about that.

Now that is making me wonder, I haven't play co-op since before melee was introduced, I wonder how it ends up working out...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #12 on: 02 December 2022, 23:28:29 »
MWO's problem is not modeling or animation, its netcode. Even with Host State Rewind to try and balance wild variations in ping, odds of actually hitting with a hatchet let alone having the visual line up is slim. MW5 being largely a solo game doesn't have to worry about that.

Now that is making me wonder, I haven't play co-op since before melee was introduced, I wonder how it ends up working out...
Funny thing. I don't really play (Unless Instant Action game) unless I'm playing with my friends once in while. It's game to share/play with.  Mods make it more playable.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 03 December 2022, 08:03:09 »
I wonder if MWO can be modded to handle physical attacks (arm wise) since they worked out the basics.  They'd need remodel stuff if that were possible.
That could be a problem. No 'Mech models have been created with the possibility of physical attacks in mind.

All original MWO programmers have left since 2015 or 2016. Modifying the MWO legacy code would have been a problem even for them.

And now imagine some new guy: He touches one thing in the spaghetti code - and something completely different breaks up.  :)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 03 December 2022, 17:54:39 »
looks pretty good to me

If the infiltration mode is anything like the campaign mission against the black dragons its going to be fun

I must admit running around with a hero spider on that mission was so much fun
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 06 December 2022, 14:41:29 »
PGI has been against the modding of MWO so far.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: 06 December 2022, 16:18:30 »
MWO modding so far is limited to client side stuff like sound packs and they only impact you and that's grudgingly excepted. Anything that can't be done locally without access to live servers even if possible PGI would crackdown on so fast if they knew. Perhaps post death MWO if people are able to reverse engineer the server to locally host maybe.

Anyway, getting off track on MW5 thread. How many people are going to play the DLC from scratch whether via a new Campaign or a Career Mode, or just either do it with an existing end game save?

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 06 December 2022, 16:26:35 »
MWO modding so far is limited to client side stuff like sound packs and they only impact you and that's grudgingly excepted. Anything that can't be done locally without access to live servers even if possible PGI would crackdown on so fast if they knew. Perhaps post death MWO if people are able to reverse engineer the server to locally host maybe.
It is difficult to estimate how many people will still be interested in MWO after 2025.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2022, 00:56:46 »
That could be a problem. No 'Mech models have been created with the possibility of physical attacks in mind.
All original MWO programmers have left since 2015 or 2016. Modifying the MWO legacy code would have been a problem even for them.

And now imagine some new guy: He touches one thing in the spaghetti code - and something completely different breaks up.  :)

What's the old joke?  "Start with three bugs, patch one, then get working on the seven bugs you have left."
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 08 December 2022, 09:15:56 »

it's a multiplayer game

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #20 on: 08 December 2022, 09:41:38 »
I think Wrangler was thinking of PGI doing the “modding”.

In which case, the word he was looking for was “patching”, or perhaps “updating”. ;)

But yeah, I doubt the current team can decode the spaghetti code of MWO well enough to bring melee to it even if they wanted to.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 08 December 2022, 14:20:04 »

Anyway, getting off track on MW5 thread. How many people are going to play the DLC from scratch whether via a new Campaign or a Career Mode, or just either do it with an existing end game save?

I'm going to start a new Campaign, I've played 2 careers the last DLCs time to roll them all into the Campaign for me

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #23 on: 19 January 2023, 15:31:09 »
Why is it called the launch trailer if the game isn't coming out for another five days?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #24 on: 19 January 2023, 17:08:48 »
Why is it called the launch trailer if the game isn't coming out for another five days?
Not sound bad, but it's company of currently I'm aware of 4 people.  So marketing may not be one their skills, never mind grammar.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2023, 17:00:51 »
https://mw5mercs.com/news/2023/01/78-rise-of-rasalhage-countdown-to-release

2 hours! I assumed 26th North American time, but 10am 26th Australian is even sweeter given I have day off.

PeePeeSee

• Recruit
« Reply #26 on: 26 January 2023, 09:17:06 »
I’m actually pretty pumped for this dlc but I am absolutely hooked on yaml mod so I need to wait till it works with the new patch. I don’t think I could go back to vanilla

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #27 on: 26 January 2023, 12:04:57 »
My game has crash issue if I hit escape button while I'm in a mission.  I can't tell if mod issue or a bug when I tried it last night. Iam going have to take all mods off and see if it mod issue.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 26 January 2023, 13:18:05 »
The new infiltration mode is awesome its tense but fun and 100% a mode for a fast jump capable light Mech like a Jenner.

I started a new story so I can't wait until I get a hero spider or jenner for these missions. Also don't take a full lance just go solo

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
« Reply #29 on: 27 January 2023, 05:53:23 »
Just picked it up, and I dig it so far. Quick question; do I need to start a new game to access the Crusader?