Author Topic: (Answered) Hot dog SPA  (Read 2110 times)

zakumaru

• Recruit
(Answered) Hot dog SPA
« on: 12 January 2023, 08:10:47 »
Hi, I have a question about the Hot Dog SPA (p. 97 AS:CE v5):

If a unit with the Hot Dog SPA starts the next turn with 2 on the heat scale: would it the normal penalties of having heat 2 on the scale apply, which would be: Move -4", TMM -1, Weapon TN +2? I ask this because the explanation in the rulebook  started with:
"The unit acts as if it was one level lower on the Heat scale, and can sustain 4 points of Heat before.", which sort of implies that the unit in my example should be treated as if it was on heat scale 1...

And also just to double check on Heat Scale 4, the penalty would be just the same as for Heat Scale 3 but with -2 to the TMM, right? Originally I thought I would interpolate to:  Move -8", TMM -2, Weapon TN +4, but the rulebook explicitly says Move -6", TMM -2, Weapon TN +3. So want to make sure that is not a misprint or something.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 02 April 2023, 17:39:11 by zakumaru »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Hot dog SPA
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2023, 11:16:31 »
If a unit with Hot Dog SPA was at 2 on the heat scale, it would have -2" MV and +1 to weapon attack target numbers.  Same as it would be if it were at heat scale 1 with no Hot Dog SPA.

A unit on Heat Scale 4 with Hot Dog SPA would have -6" MV, -1 TMM and +3 to weapon attack target numbers, same as a unit with Heat Scale 3 and no Hot Dog SPA.

Note that Heat Scale 2 and 3 are both -1 TMM, not -1 TMM for heat scale 2 and -2 TMM for heat scale 3.  It's a -1 TMM if 2+.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

zakumaru

• Recruit
Re: (Answered) Hot dog SPA
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2023, 17:44:15 »
Thanks your answer and the explanation make sense, however the rule book states on page 97 (5th print):

"At 4 points of Heat, the unit loses 6” of ground movement, subtracts 2 from its target movement modifier (minimum TMM of 0), and suffers a +3 Target Number modifier instead of shutting down ."

Which surprises me as all the sudden it implies a -2 for the TMM, perhaps this was a mistake in the rulebook?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Hot dog SPA
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2023, 19:14:11 »
Yes, that's a mistake in the Hot Dog SPA description there.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets