Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!  (Read 49840 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Well, in the interest of getting back on topic, let's just agree to disagree (alternatively, present some evidence from actual canon that supports the claim that the LyrCom sees the Horses this way, because I doubt it exists) and move on.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Minemech

• Captain
Well, in the interest of getting back on topic, let's just agree to disagree (alternatively, present some evidence from actual canon that supports the claim that the LyrCom sees the Horses this way, because I doubt it exists) and move on.
I am not sure that there is any evidence on how the Lyrans see the Horses in publication. We can eek something out of the fact that they were aiding Malvina for a time, even if not in heart.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 18:20:00 by Minemech »

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Why do i keep messing up numbers atm, my apologies, my brain is not at it's best atm

I’m not picking on you (or meaning to anyway) I’m just trying to I don’t even know, ‘get to the bottom of this’.

Another note:

I think the RasDom and Ravens are still allies, there is a lot of stuff shared just between us still, we know they helped us with the new Lev III.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Been working on a new bear galaxy for the mechroverse campaign. Lambda "The devil bears".
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Explain your clusters too!  ;D

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Explain your clusters too!  ;D

Yeah I'm terrible at that kek. For now I'll just say I've been leaning into the pr route. I will admit its heavily influenced by the 15th assault nova I've been playing with for over a decade. Ive decided not to harass jellico for dropship options untill I get to that point.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Ok here's a preview of what I'm thinking. Also new "units" for the mechroverse if your wondering about the hueys.

Karhu
Kontio
Kontio
Mad Dog III
Mad Dog III

Executioner PR C3i 1
Beowulf PR C3i 2
Huey PR C3i 3 4
Huey PR Cei 5 6
Ostrogoth Point
5x Kobold IIc
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 19:53:29 by Foxx Ital »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Nice nice indeed: look forward to seeing Lambda Galaxy! This mostly on MM or on tabletop too?

I similarly have been working on my own Galaxy in preparation for the new KS and have found I have both too few and too many mechs for my Galaxy. I either have three oversized Clusters (thanks Elementals!) or four undersized Clusters. Add into the fact that I’ll need stand ins for mechs that don’t quite exist in metal or plastic yet (Mastadon, Rime Otter, Kontio) and still need to assemble/touch up a full Cluster. And when the Kickstarter does come out I’ll have a full Star of fighters and hopefully what amounts to a Binary of tanks. I do need to do a full inventory to make sure I haven’t bought anything and not recorded it because I’ve done that before and ended up with doubles of things I didn’t really need (two extra Hellions, an extra Viper or two in metal (not plastic), a really bad old Dire Wolf plastic in terrible shape, etc).

As far as smaller units go… I’ve really only got my Wolverine Trinaries which are mostly complete and thanks to the last Kickstarter (and this one) now mostly in Plastic. I’ve taken them out often in play but rarely in full Star strength because of low BV games.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Mixed unit type stars make me sick, although I can see using it to fully leverage c3i. I wish we went the c3i route when we had an option, it could have differentiated us. Especially with our hallmark being (aside from inefficiency and awful decisions) of mobility being taken by the wolves and the Warbear mechs.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Mixed unit type stars make me sick, although I can see using it to fully leverage c3i. I wish we went the c3i route when we had an option, it could have differentiated us. Especially with our hallmark being (aside from inefficiency and awful decisions) of mobility being taken by the wolves and the Warbear mechs.
I'm a big fan of Raven Triad formations so I'm looking to that for a bit of inspiration.

Nice nice indeed: look forward to seeing Lambda Galaxy! This mostly on MM or on tabletop too?

I similarly have been working on my own Galaxy in preparation for the new KS and have found I have both too few and too many mechs for my Galaxy. I either have three oversized Clusters (thanks Elementals!) or four undersized Clusters. Add into the fact that I’ll need stand ins for mechs that don’t quite exist in metal or plastic yet (Mastadon, Rime Otter, Kontio) and still need to assemble/touch up a full Cluster. And when the Kickstarter does come out I’ll have a full Star of fighters and hopefully what amounts to a Binary of tanks. I do need to do a full inventory to make sure I haven’t bought anything and not recorded it because I’ve done that before and ended up with doubles of things I didn’t really need (two extra Hellions, an extra Viper or two in metal (not plastic), a really bad old Dire Wolf plastic in terrible shape, etc).

As far as smaller units go… I’ve really only got my Wolverine Trinaries which are mostly complete and thanks to the last Kickstarter (and this one) now mostly in Plastic. I’ve taken them out often in play but rarely in full Star strength because of low BV games.
Mostly MM,
« Last Edit: 08 March 2023, 21:52:36 by Foxx Ital »

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I don’t mind a triad, but mixing at the star level just seems difficult to pull off on more than an ad hoc basis.

Most, if not all of my classic is done via MM and against the bot, so BV and all that never bothers me much. For those massive units it’s the only reasonable way. But I would like to be unreasonable one day  :-X

Expanding on my previous post, it’s disappointing we have almost nothing unique anymore.
Ravens have FL and space stuff (way more than everyone else combined)
JF has jumping around forever mechs
Wolf has taken our poor design decisions in the pursuit of speed, but added mostly sane armor levels.
HH are both the infantry and tank clan, plus the now unique horde cluster
We have reactive (meh) and reinforced structure, our elementals were taken away, the executioner can’t really hold up, and we have the two most powerful warships.

Two warships doesn’t impress me in the face of everything else, especially with ground combat, and mechs specifically, being the focus. We had the ‘perfect fusion’ until it turned out it was a fever dream
« Last Edit: 08 March 2023, 22:44:39 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
The galaxy wont be all like that but I wanted to share the direction i was going ^_^.
 As for the executioner,it took restless 6 years to finally beat the F variant, it's a git gud mech but once you do,wooo!!

nova_dew

• Lieutenant

I’m not picking on you (or meaning to anyway) I’m just trying to I don’t even know, ‘get to the bottom of this’.

I didn't think you were, it's just my own frustration at the way my brain is atm.
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Anyone notice anything different in our MUL? They just did a big RAT review. We had earlier gotten the Corax (who cares) but not the Wusun. The Wusun is still not there, but I haven’t noticed anything new.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
for what era? ilClan?

hmm...did we always have access to the No Dachi, the Hitotsume Kozo and the Nyx?
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Angrii

• Sergeant
for what era? ilClan?

hmm...did we always have access to the No Dachi, the Hitotsume Kozo and the Nyx?

Yes those have been there since the start.
Welcome to interesting times

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
for what era? ilClan?

It was from republic to ilClan

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
So trothkin I was at the Long Island launch party: picked up a Phoenix Hawk IIC (The Devastator was gone and I rolled off over the Black Python/White Raven). Participated in a Grand Melee came 6/8 after taking a Gausszilla into the fight. This was my armor before the last round: right torso completely gone three total pilot hits, went unconscious for a round (and wasn’t shot), and ended up on the ground raised myself on one arm and put a crit into an enemy Saggittiare with my last shot. Good time.

Going back tomorrow: IDK what the scenario will be but I’m gonna try and snag the Ostsol and if not… IDK the Bane was taken too lol.

Also got on the Twitch Steam and said hello. Audio and camera problems aside the store got a call from Tex of Tex Talks … while we were on the Stream. Interesting times.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Nice job with that Annihilator.

Reminds me of a time I took a Kodiak out and ended up with no armor left on the entire front of the mech aside from the head, but no internal damage and I'd killed the last enemy who could threaten it with an alpha strike.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
No kills, but pilot survived, and it was a blast. Just was chaotic and fun.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Sounds great.  Keep us posted on how it goes tomorrow.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
So smaller turnout which was unexpected for the store since 90% of the people who called them stated Friday was the better day. Anyways played a three man game of the titled ‘Hatchet-man’ where hatchet armed mechs duked it out. Opponents had an Axman5N, Hatchetman 7S, and a ‘random’ third mech (One player had a Hunchback with an Ultra AC/10, the other a Phoenix Hawk with a Large X-Pulse). Because we had odd numbers of players I hopped in and brought my brand new Phoenix Hawk IIC 10, a Hatchetman 8S, and a Grasshopper 8K. Points for Hatchet Kills and attacks, half points for melee kills and attacks. Circle of equals double map. 10 round time limit.

Opponent got a good kill with a hatchet that propelled him to victory but it was really fun and if I had a couple more turns it definitely would have gone my way consider my two melee mechs were a LOT less damaged. But alas didn’t happen. The P-Hawk IIC performed really well.

Took home the Ostsol to fill either my Wolverine force or my IS Merc units heavy cavalry.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I had to miss the Palo Alto one on Thursday, ended up getting sick halfway through work Tuesday and didn’t feel good enough to drive that far even after a few days rest. I couldn’t swing it today either, still finishing up recovering. It was doubly upsetting as I had to miss the MWO launch party in SF all those years ago, I broke my ankle 5 days before. 

All the reports I saw were it was a lot of fun.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
I had to miss the Palo Alto one on Thursday, ended up getting sick halfway through work Tuesday and didn’t feel good enough to drive that far even after a few days rest. I couldn’t swing it today either, still finishing up recovering. It was doubly upsetting as I had to miss the MWO launch party in SF all those years ago, I broke my ankle 5 days before. 

All the reports I saw were it was a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear trothkin.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
So what do you all plan on adding from the KS to your Ghost Bear/RasDom units?

The Grizzly is a given, but the (small amount) of other clan mechs aren’t super interesting to me.

For me it’s going to displace my metal Highlander IIC (which will get moved to wolves), the Black Python (as a White Raven), Shadow Hawk IIC, the Phoenix Hawk IIC will get a old space marine power axe to double as a 10, and I am debating adding the Kraken and/or Locust IIC

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
I'm going to grab me one of those nifty new Blood Asps just as soon as the pledge manager is open
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I'm going to grab me one of those nifty new Blood Asps just as soon as the pledge manager is open

Ooh yeah. I forgot about that guy. I think I preemptively added an extra salvage box for him. Might have to add another 2 once the late stuff opens back up.

In any case I am super excited to add to my spreadsheet and create a vehicles tab
« Last Edit: 21 April 2023, 19:14:42 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
I think I’m going to end up getting one of each pack but only the SM1, Condors, Merlin (C Variant), and Clan mechs are being added to my Galaxy. Some of the new mechs are going into my Wolverine force, while obviously everything else goes to my Merc Regiment. I’ll pick up a Blood Asp but my Metal one is a solid piece and I have no problems with it. I’m not personally a fan of the IIC’s from the Cavalry Star but I can use a couple more lights that are not Fire Moths or Adders (I’d like the lump my Vipers and Ice Ferrets into that group as well as I have Waaay too many of each), but I do want that Black Python/ White Raven.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
I was also thinking of adding the Heavy Battle and Sweep Lance pack specifically because I kinda want the Patton (Axel IIC) and I wouldn't mind having a few vehicles

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I think I’ll be doubling on all vee lances so just for the sake of not needing to do that a few dozen more times to paint things in their factions colors, I’ll probably be painting most of them in a series of generic camos. Some of the more faction specific ones will get a proper color scheme.

I like the Pattons a lot but that they don’t match enough for my liking (wysiwyg) is enough that they’ll be either Lyran or generic camo.

I kinda forgot about the Merlin and the SM1. With only one of the SM1 I might just paint it up as a Ghost Bear also. The Merlin might fit well in with my 4/6/4 star and the Grizzly, but I think I’ll try for another faction first.