Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!  (Read 48274 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Not entirely RasDom but there's the Axel IIC, which is an upgrade of the Patton tank from the Lyrans.  It's a signature vehicle for the military.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
Not entirely RasDom but there's the Axel IIC, which is an upgrade of the Patton tank from the Lyrans.  It's a signature vehicle for the military.

Awesome! Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
There is also the Eldingar a hovertank which was developed after the Jihad based on a planed Rasalhagian model with the same name.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Note, this is the ilClan period.

These are local production (from memory).

Shamash Interdictor
Odin Spotter
Skulker C
Donar
Anhur
Hetzer C
Tyr
Eldingar (all)
JES I
Demon (probably out of production)
LRM Carrier C
SRM Carrier C
Axel IIC (both)
Vidar (both)
Huitzilopochtli (AAA)
JES II
Puma (probably out of production)
Mars (HAG)

Quaestor and Giggins are recent acquisitions from the Vega Prefecture in the Dominions Divided RATs. Actually those RATs are very good as a source.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=40&EraId=257

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
Note, this is the ilClan period.

These are local production (from memory).

Shamash Interdictor
Odin Spotter
Skulker C
Donar
Anhur
Hetzer C
Tyr
Eldingar (all)
JES I
Demon (probably out of production)
LRM Carrier C
SRM Carrier C
Axel IIC (both)
Vidar (both)
Huitzilopochtli (AAA)
JES II
Puma (probably out of production)
Mars (HAG)

Quaestor and Giggins are recent acquisitions from the Vega Prefecture in the Dominions Divided RATs. Actually those RATs are very good as a source.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=40&EraId=257

Thanks for the list!
I've been looking through and trying to study from the Master Unit List and cross checking with Sarna. I just wasn't sure if they were making things like the Enyo or Epona or if they were all isorla (just picked those two as an example.)

I've picked up Dominions Divided but I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. I'm going to embarrass myself with how new I am and admit I don't know what RATs are or how to use them.
A Sarna search gave me 'Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables'?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
Yep. Go have a look on page 145.

There are four basic sources of units. Production, Purchase, Salvage, and Legacy. Clan Trials for units sit somewhere between purchase and salvage. So you will start with the units built by your faction. Then you look at what you have had access to historically. For the Clans that often means Star League vintage units. In the case of the Dominion, Pumas and Demons were being built by ComStar in the 3060s Free Rasalhague Republic rump state. Skulkers, LRM Carriers, and APCs were built by the old FRR, they basically went out of production in the 3070s but could still be found in low end forces. Now there are modern Clan versions available.
Salvage, you look at what the neighbours are using and claim some. Purchase,  is a good way to get some wierd out of place stuff into your force. Usually that means looking at what Clan Sea Fox has access to, but the old MechWarrior Dark Age game left some oddities available like the Kinnol.

Probably most importantly don't stress. There is no right answer. The Dominion is actually pretty easy because it has some consistent favourites that last back to TRO3050. The FRR favourites might even come back depending on how things play out as the writers go back through TRO3055 and 3058. I know that is confusing, but it will make sense one day.

Start with the Dominions Divided RATs. Use the most common units as your skeleton. The flesh it out with whatever you like.

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
Thank you very much for the breakdown, that helps tons. I'll check out that page.

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
So what's your favorite scout/spotter mech that you guys like to use in your RasDom forces?
I really want to get my hands on a Phantom Prime but I'm waiting for a new mini for it.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
Mildly in order.

Kobold IIC
Donar (Recon) [I have to talk to the MUL team about that one]
Balac (Spotter)
Odin (Scout)
Rime Otter
Viper
Horned Owl 7
Karhu
Beowulf IIC
Asshur
Constable
Kobold

I think that is everything with a TAG or NARC.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2023, 07:12:13 by Jellico »

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
Kobold IIC

I'm so glad you pointed these lads out to me. They look like an infantry spotter's dream.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
I'm so glad you pointed these lads out to me. They look like an infantry spotter's dream.

They're pretty damn vicious in a swarm as well, the Vtol movement makes for great shenanigans if you use terrain to your advantage.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow

Also, a Kobold IIC point effectively becomes impossible to hit with the optional ECM ghost targets rule in TacOps.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
Anybody else really excited for the Mastodon to be released?

I can't wait to get my hands on them. They're pretty much everything I've wanted in an Assault.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Yeah, it really fills a hole in Dominion forces that we haven't properly had something for unless you wanted to use a Daishi or Turkina.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
IWM releasing the Mastadon? Sweet.

Is there a Kontio or Rime Otter yet? I don’t keep up with IWM.

Edit: I also have a game scheduled against the canon SaKhan of Clan Jade Falcon: three mechs vs three mechs. I’m bringing a Cave Bear (custom ‘Kodiak’ made by Marauder648), a Mastadon A, and a Kingfisher I versus his Shrike (custom), Jade Phoenix Prime, and Mad Dog IV B zellbriggen in effect. My pilots are slightly better but barring the dice gods I think it will be a close fight.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2023, 13:27:55 by Tyler Jorgensson »

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
IWM releasing the Mastadon? Sweet.

Is there a Kontio or Rime Otter yet? I don’t keep up with IWM.

Edit: I also have a game scheduled against the canon SaKhan of Clan Jade Falcon: three mechs vs three mechs. I’m bringing a Cave Bear (custom ‘Kodiak’ made by Marauder648), a Mastadon A, and a Kingfisher I versus his Shrike (custom), Jade Phoenix Prime, and Mad Dog IV B zellbriggen in effect. My pilots are slightly better but barring the dice gods I think it will be a close fight.

No, no rime otter or kontio yet. cry But I think a plastic Grizzly is coming?

Also, good luck!

Yeah, it really fills a hole in Dominion forces that we haven't properly had something for unless you wanted to use a Daishi or Turkina.

Yeah. At the risk of a Trial of Grievance... I'm just not a big fan of the Executioner. Maybe it has a steep learning curve but I'm excited to have an assault that's more forgiving.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I’m slated for two mastodons and a Jade Phoenix for the bad guys.

Don’t need a Marauder as after this KS I’ll have about 7 in plastic.

Mastodon is a big upgrade in terms of throw weight over just about everything else we have, either local or random junk on our MUL.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Edit: I also have a game scheduled against the canon SaKhan of Clan Jade Falcon: three mechs vs three mechs. I’m bringing a Cave Bear (custom ‘Kodiak’ made by Marauder648),

These are the same concept — Kodiaks with real Claws and TSM — but it’s easier to activate and manage the TSM on these designs:

Spirit Bear/Ghost Bear (Kodiak III/III 2) —> https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=79713.msg1887370#msg1887370

In case they help…
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
These are the same concept — Kodiaks with real Claws and TSM — but it’s easier to activate and manage the TSM on these designs:

Spirit Bear/Ghost Bear (Kodiak III/III 2) —> https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=79713.msg1887370#msg1887370

In case they help…

This made me laugh. I just put up my own design of a Kodiak with TSM, real Claws and a supercharger.
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=82062.msg1949405#msg1949405

I wanted to play around with Interface Cockpits on mine.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Yeah. At the risk of a Trial of Grievance... I'm just not a big fan of the Executioner. Maybe it has a steep learning curve but I'm excited to have an assault that's more forgiving.

No Trial of Grievance over that, lots of people have issues with the Gladiator due to it expense (thanks to having MASC and Jump Jets) combined with weak side torso armor and a general lack of firepower.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
No Trial of Grievance over that, lots of people have issues with the Gladiator due to it expense (thanks to having MASC and Jump Jets) combined with weak side torso armor and a general lack of firepower.

Fewf, not just me then. The design just feels like it's being pulled in every direction at once.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
I learnt to drive Executioners back in the day before BV and it was what we were stuck with. I played a lot of DC vs GB games. You soon learned to appreciate being able to hold the range and haul yourself out of trouble. It wasn't until superchargers arrived that the Executioner was able get the mobility to be a good close quarter brawler.

As for the Mastodon a couple of hints meant that I have been expecting it for a while. OTOH I have been genuinely surprised that no one has fast tracked the Kontio. That thing has really sparked some attention.

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
As for the Mastodon a couple of hints meant that I have been expecting it for a while. OTOH I have been genuinely surprised that no one has fast tracked the Kontio. That thing has really sparked some attention.

Yeah, I've also been itching to get a Kontio. It's a great combination of interesting design and flat out cool.
The stellar art doesn't hurt it either.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Yeah, I've also been itching to get a Kontio. It's a great combination of interesting design and flat out cool.
The stellar art doesn't hurt it either.

^ This

As far as the Executioners go: the permanent JJ’s are my biggest (and really only) complaint. Obviously the BV is super inflated but sometimes it’s nice to have a big boy going ten hexes to scare the bejesus out of someone.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
If the Jumpjets weren't fixed, designers would have stopped mounting them after TRO3050. 4/6 assaults aren't that uncommon so the Executioner would have lost something of its character.  Yes the MASC would have remained,  but for decades that was the Executioner's most maligned feature. Not the armor or JJs. The Blood Asp is more of a response to the Executioner than the Kingfisher.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
If the Jumpjets weren't fixed, designers would have stopped mounting them after TRO3050. 4/6 assaults aren't that uncommon so the Executioner would have lost something of its character.  Yes the MASC would have remained,  but for decades that was the Executioner's most maligned feature. Not the armor or JJs. The Blood Asp is more of a response to the Executioner than the Kingfisher.

I get it… but it’s eight tons I could have used for other stuff. Sure the armor could t really have been fixed but still … again just my personal take on it. Still have a full Star of them cause I’m a Ghost Bear after all.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
My biggest issue with the armor is that I just wished it had taken some off the legs to boost the side torsos.  The amount of armor isn't terrible- not great but it's not Hellbringer bad.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious

Dont worry about it,took me a decade and a humiliating defeat by Zeruel for me to finally get how to use em. Once you do tho they're addictive!!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

AutumnEffect

• Corporal
Dont worry about it,took me a decade and a humiliating defeat by Zeruel for me to finally get how to use em. Once you do tho they're addictive!!

I'm thinking about maybe taking one of the more close range variants for a spin, but the armor makes me a bit leery of it.
Also thinking about trying out the F.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
How familiar are you with driving light Mechs? Same basic principles apply. This isn’t an up the guts brawling Mech. You need to use cover and distraction to get close to your target. Then work hard to get into the rear arc because even short range configs lack the guns to stay in a peer's front arc.

Register