Author Topic: (Answered) Battle value of Hidden Units  (Read 632 times)

sadasmu

• Recruit
(Answered) Battle value of Hidden Units
« on: 19 March 2023, 19:24:20 »
Hi there,
My group of players have been having a tough time finding the battle value modifier for scenarios where the defending forces wants to use some hidden units. Unlike the tailored Hide and Seek scenario type that suggests roughly 2:1 attacker to defender BV force value (which general opinion seems is a bit too much in favor of the attacker), is there a published or accepted modifier to a hidden unit's BV? Having hidden units can be a huge advantage, and we'd like to make sure we are accounting for them properly. If there is another post that deals with this, please link it to me, i appreciate it!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 19 March 2023, 20:22:36 by Hammer »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Battle value of Hidden Units
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2023, 19:32:59 »
There is not a modifier, no

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

sadasmu

• Recruit
Re: (Answered) Battle value of Hidden Units
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2023, 21:16:57 »
Thanks. I am curious why there would not be, seeing it is such an obvious advantage, and it exists as such within the Hide and Seek scenario type. It does make sense for a defender particularly in an urban setting for example to want to employ hidden infantry or the like. The cost for advantage for just about every other aspect in this game has been accounted for almost to a fault, ie BV modifiers for gunnery/piloting skill. It is curious they decided to omit any modification for hidden unit deployment.
Anyone out there use any kind of homebrewed modifier or rule for hidden units?
Thanks again for the response.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2023, 21:26:13 »
Thanks. I am curious why there would not be, seeing it is such an obvious advantage, and it exists as such within the Hide and Seek scenario type.

For questions about the rationale behind how rules were written, you'll have to take that to the Ask the Writers subforum located at https://bg.battletech.com/forums/ask-the-writers/. This space is only for answering rules questions.

Anyone out there use any kind of homebrewed modifier or rule for hidden units?

This is the official rules questions section where responding to threads is limited to the person who made the thread and authorized question answerers.

To discuss custom rules, see https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-designs-rules/

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

sadasmu

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2023, 21:34:12 »
Thanks.
Will check out those other forum topics.

Register