Author Topic: Do Support vehicles use standard seating or foot Infantry Compartment?  (Read 1191 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Basically that.  I'm designing a bus and want to add seating for passengers, roughly the size of a standard foot infantry unit of 28.  Would I use the 75 kg standard seat for Crew, or would I use a standard Infantry Compartment?

I'm looking at MML as well, and the 75 kg seating is for 'extra crew seats' under the 'Crew and Quarters' section.

So, I'm assuming a bare-bones bus would use the Infantry Compartment to denote passenger seating.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Ramblefire

• Master Sergeant
IIRC the extra crew seats doesn't include the mass of the person sitting in the seat, just the seat. Infantry compartments include things like seats, straps, harnesses, and also the mass of the dudes and their equipment.
So while most of the time it wouldn't matter, with a small enough vehicle, a big enough unit, or a statistically greater rate of obesity among your customer base(assuming a large number of passenger seats), it might somewhat impact speed since the vehicle its normally rated weight.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Well, I finally checked MM last night - it's not conclusive, but the Lewis Skimmer bus and a passenger VTOL both us e the standard seat, so I'm going with them.  Thanks for helping.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Infantry compartments/bays generally include racks, not just seats...  Your call is the right one, I think.  :thumbsup: