Author Topic: Eridani T-Bolt Intro to 3000?  (Read 1667 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Eridani T-Bolt Intro to 3000?
« on: 31 March 2023, 19:40:52 »
As the subject line implies, I'd like to understand the logic behind making the intro date so late.  The Succession Wars were long, and that variant would have use well back into the 30th century.  Why was it moved to so late a date?  The Light Horse would have had more than enough technical skill early in the 30th century, and rather less in the 31st.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Eridani T-Bolt Intro to 3000?
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2023, 00:09:56 »
Randall Bills put the intro date at 3000 in the ELH short story The Hand that Feeds. If you have a canon citation placing the intro date earlier, please report it in the MUL errata thread.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2023, 06:00:26 »
Thanks for the quick reply Sartris!  I'll dive into my old books and see what I can find.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2023, 12:45:48 »
The OG TRO: 3025 mentions a battle in 3000 where four Eridani T-Bolts faced off against Kurita on Benet.  I suspect that's why Randall selected that year.  Since there were four of them, I would think they were introduced before then, but it's probably one of those "whatever works for your table" things.  Thanks again Sartis!  :thumbsup:

Register