Author Topic: (Answered) Combat Intuition interaction with Camouflage/Hidden Units  (Read 1412 times)

JugernautJedi

• Recruit
I have a mech with SPA Combat Intuition and SCA Camouflage. The mech is hidden. Combat Intuition says the mech can move and attack "anytime" during the movement phase. Camouflage says a hidden mech must be "revealed" at the beginning of the movement phase if it is going to move that turn. How do these two abilities interact with each other? My initial assumption is that CI is out of sequence and acts as a sort of interrupt, overriding the Camouflage requirement to reveal at the beginning of movement phase.  So, a hidden CI mech could declare its activation at anytime during the movement phase, move and attack immediately, with all damage taking effect immediately.

The other option I have considered is that the hidden CI mech reveals its location at the start of movement phase but does nothing. Then at some point during movement phase it activates, moves and attacks, and applies damage immediately.

Not sure which of these is correct. If either is. In part I think that depends on what is meant by "reveal". Does reveal mean the player must reveal his intentions to move a hidden mech? Or does it mean the player must place the hidden mech on the map?
« Last Edit: 20 April 2023, 16:30:03 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Combat Intuition and Camouflage/Hidden Units
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2023, 18:41:56 »
A hidden unit can't use Combat Intuition.  A hidden unit can't move until after it has revealed itself, Combat Intuition doesn't allow it to ignore that.
Generally you would announce you are revealing the hidden unit at the beginning of hte movement phase, then you can use Combat Intuition anytime after that.
But you can't wait, not reveal the unit until after other units have moved, then reveal and use Combat Intuition during that movement phase.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register