Author Topic: The Final Icar Campaign- Looking for IS Commanders  (Read 1328 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The Final Icar Campaign- Looking for IS Commanders
« on: 27 July 2023, 23:59:26 »
“Holy mother of….! Wilkins! get them off me. Shoot, damn it!  They’re tearing my cockpit open. WILKINS!”
“Sergeant Wilkins to HQ. HQ, can you hear us? It’s like the earth just opened up and the devil marched out. Those things just ripped Boseman from his cockpit. The major was killed by weapons fire before my missiles could ever get a lock. Oh hell! HQ, HQ I’ve got them on me now. HQ!”

Looking for some brave Inner Sphere commanders for the defense of Icar against the Wolf Clan 20March3050.  The campaign will follow the guidelines of WCSB, ER3052, and CM Mercs for force building and flow.

I want to use 0.49.12 since it is the last one to have simultaneous firing/physicals.  I will post the activated rules, this is more of a wargaming set up of the BT rules.

The campaign will involve 3 or 4 battles, the first two are set in place- Fraserburg/Wolf Landing Zone (40 IS mechs & 24 vehs), Pofadder's Gully/3rd of 12th's ambush & counter-attack (56-68 mechs & BN+ armor), with a probable running battle and then a final attempt to rally before the Wolves broke through to the dropships.

Trying to link the screenshot of the chosen rules.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Woody

• Recruit
Re: The Final Icar Campaign- Looking for IS Commanders
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2023, 08:56:50 »
An interesting idea, and certainly many will be interested in hearing how this goes, and reading the AAR!
For your prospective commanders, there is some key information that would be needed.  Largely, I'll call this 'expected time commitment'.
For example, are games live, or asynchronous? Are team members needing to coordinate and join a server at the same time? If so, what time zone is expected? Is the opfor purely megamek bot, or is it you or someone else?  The point of all the above questions is that the human coordination factor is one of the biggest items that will cause people to be interested or perhaps interested, but unable to support the time commitment.  Someone playing a battle on their own against AI and publishing results is very low barrier. Playing asynchronously isn't much of a time/scheduling barrier (other than it takes awhile calendar wise) but adds in complexities of its own, and some people will only want to play live.  While adding live play, especially as the human count gets bigger, gets harder to coordinate. 

Looking forward to your link and more information, and smart move on the 49.12 to allow simultaneous play!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2023, 09:41:54 »
Yeah posted that late at night . . .

It would be 1v1 for each battle with the bot controlling the armor companies in support of the mechs though the Icar defender can select some of the bot's slider bar placement.  If artillery is included in the 2nd battle- and I think so, just trying to figure out how much and which platforms- then it and perhaps some VTOLs will be the only conventional assets under direct player control.  I want a human running Icar because we can use morale and actually have the IS re-act as they did in the Invasion.

As far as setting up, I live in Central time but would only be able to set time for the battle on the weekends.  I am not expecting to finish the whole thing or a single battle in a day but with quick movement we can get through quite a few turns in a sitting IMO.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2023, 11:51:48 »
“Holy mother of….! Wilkins! get them off me. Shoot, damn it!  They’re tearing my cockpit open. WILKINS!”
I want to use 0.49.12 since it is the last one to have simultaneous firing/physicals.  I will post the activated rules, this is more of a wargaming set up of the BT rules.

Just to be precise. All the releases still have Sim Fire and Physical including 49.13 and ALL the releases have the issue with players being skipped EXCEPT 0.48.0

We have a possible fix coming in 49.14 for this but it will required lots of testing.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2023, 11:55:24 »
thought the latest one had removed it from what I read?
Colt Ward

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2023, 12:00:14 »
Stable 0.50.0 Status Update
We are still in the development portion of the current cycle. We've been able to implement a new version of Gradle (our build language) starting with the 0.49.11 release. As well as adding support for Java 17. This is still undergoing testing and we encourage players to use the programs with Java 17 but Java 11 remains our recommended choice for the .49.x Dev cycle. We are still working on the connection stability issues.

We've found the primary cause of these disconnects is the use the Unofficial "Simultaneous" options. These options create a host of issues and while they worked in 0.48.0 Stable the changes in this Dev Branch have made them problematic. As a fair warning we are considering removing them when we get to 0.50.0 Stable. These are the options we are referring too.

Please note the word "considering"
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Register