Author Topic: Large-Scale Alpha Strike Battle (4x450 PV per side)  (Read 1858 times)

Starfox5

• Master Sergeant
    • My Fanfictions
Large-Scale Alpha Strike Battle (4x450 PV per side)
« on: 01 August 2023, 23:52:15 »
So, we had an Alpha Strike match yesterday - Clans vs. IS, 4 players per side, each with a 450 PV force of two (ComStar and Clans) or 3 (IS) formations.

we also had three objectives in the middle, which gave out random advantages - including 'Mechs with elite pilots - if you controlled them at the end of a turn. Goal was to destroy the enemy, though. Half the IS set up beforehand, then the Clans came in and the next round, the rest of the IS force entered.

Round one was not much action, but I managed to land an Arrow IV from one of our two artillery catapults between three Clan 'Mechs carryign Elementals for 12 dmg. Then our reinforcements came in. Right flank was charged by a lance of Grand Dragons and two Raptors carrying each a Squad of IS battle Armour. Left flank saw two assault lances entering.

We struck them hard on the left flank, but got creamed in the centre - our Kurita hero pilot in a Dire Wolf got wiped, my Marauder followed, as did one Flashman. And artillery didn't manage to wipe those Clan hovertanks and so they seized objectives. Which got them tokens to raise their skills, heat packs and an elite UrbanMech.

We fell back in the centre and struck on the flanks.

The red Clan Assault Star (made of Second line 'Mechs) was destroyed, but they sent their lights and mediums into the city, behind our lines, with their two attack VTOLs., hitting the artillery 'Mechs and LRM carriers. One carrier got destroyed, the 'Mechs made it. Th three hovertanks destroyed a Marauder from the rear, and the second Flashman bought it as well from long range fire.

The right flank attack met the Clan heavy armour and lost two Grand Dragons, avoiding more losses only through bad luck with the dice on the clan player's part. The left flank crushed most of the Clan heavies and assault,s losing a couple heavies in the process. Centre started cleaning up the Viper and Adder inside our lines. The Clans got more objectives and got a Victor and later a Guillotine and some fast OmniMech while inserting their Elementals into the city.

The right flank moved to the centre, killing the elite Dire Wolf, when the enemy hovertanks moved into cover and the heavy armour moved back behind the ridge, and the Clan mediums inside the city were destroyed by the centre force. The Mercury contested one objective and was destroyed for it, but so were the Elementals.

When the Clan side only had one of their original 'mechs left, a Timber Wolf, and three reward reinfocements, as well as the hovertanks and the armour, under artillery fire, we called the game.

We moved by formation, not individual 'Mechs, following initiative, and we called and resolved fire by formation as well, to speed up play. So, you knew if one formation had destroyed a 'Mech before you called your targets with the next formation. Still, took us about six hours of pure game time, but was fun. Biggest battle by number of 'Mechs I've played so far.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2023, 00:45:49 by Starfox5 »

Marasmusine

• Recruit
Re: Large-Scale Alpha Strike Battle (4x450 PV per side)
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2023, 06:13:12 »
That looks great, thanks for sharing the photos. I like the templates used for woods.

Register